XIV

Ludos
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Violet

 

It’s Tuesday, meaning everybody have to stay back at school after the schooling hour for club meeting. I bid my goodbye to Kim and walk straight to the debate club room. I slouch through the hallway alone resentfully, but then smile when the idea of meeting Kris comes to my mind.

 

I don’t know what it is but Kris attracts me. I’ve been feeling that way since the first day I met him in the gym. If there’s one thing I’d regret in playing this silent game with Kai, it’d be that I worried about how am I going to face Kris later on. One day, I and Kai will break up, one day, the truth will be disclosed and at that moment, will I still be able to be friend with Kris? Or will he just look at me like some easy girl that Kai have succefully played? I don’t know, I really don’t know.

 

When I reach the room and open the door, the first person I see is him. Kris is sitting on one of the chair, writing something on his book. He lifts his head in a matter of second and when his eyes found mine, he smiles. Instantly, I smile back. There are other kids in the room, but it’s crazy how he is the only one I can see.

 

After waiting for few minutes and after Kris make sure everybody is here, he begins our meeting.

 

“Good evening everybody.” He starts.

“So for the past few weeks, we’ve been practising on the format and style of the debate. Now I am glad to announce that the letter is officially here. The World Schools Debating Championship is starting. And as usual, every high school in our district will send a team, we’ll compete, then the winner of the district will get to represent our district, if we win, we’ll go to the State level and if we win in State level we’ll represent Korea to the World Schools Debating Championship this year.” Kris states. Everybody is paying attention to what he is saying for this is actually the reason why everybody’s are here. For the cup.

“So considering the number of debaters we have in the club now, it will only be wise if we conduct an audition to choose the best debaters to represent our school. As usual, one team consists of 4 people. And to be fair, we will only pick one debater from the first grade, one debater from the second grade and two debater from the third grade. I’ve divided you into teams and the audition will start from tomorrow until Friday after school.” He continues. “The teachers will conduct the auditions” He says and we all nod. “So here’s the list of the team….” Kris says and he starts to annonce few names. I pay attention, until my name is heard.

 

“Violet Lee, Choi Young Do, Lee Bo Na and me.”  Kris says and I swear I widen my eyes like I just see he grows three heads. I’m in the same team with Kris? Holly crap, this is more than what I’ve ever bargained for. When he finishes announcing the name, he starts to talk again.

 

“So we dismiss our meeting today and you shall find your own team member to discuss about the motion and your stands. My team member please stay, we’ll be having our meeting in this room. The rest, thank you.” he bows and everybody else start to walk out of the room. I stay there, and after everybody have left, I stand up and walk closer to Kris who is sitting at the front desk.

 

“Hello Violet.” He says upon seeing me.

“Hi Kris.” I reply and I can sense our other two members are walking towards us behind me. They also greet Kris and then we all sit together.

“So hello, I’m Choi Young Do, second grader.” The guy starts to introduce himself.

“I’m Lee Bo Na, also a second grader.” The girl says.

“Hello, I’m Violet Lee, first grader.”It’s my turn to say and then we all look at Kris.

“Ok cool, so we shall start by defining our motion.” Kris says and we all nods.

 

The 2 hours went with us discussing on our points and stand. Young Do sometimes gives refutation which I can highly command him for that. He’s good in rebuttal. Bo Na on the other hand is very good in giving points. She brainstorm a lot and I have to say she’s a very good critical thinker. I don’t know where to put myself, seriously tho. At the end of the discussion, Young Do and Bona excuses themselve while I take out my phone to call Kai. I didn’t drive to school after all, simply because he is so eager to pick me up and send me home.

 

“You’re going back with Kai?” Kris asks me while he’s gathering all of his belonging.

“Err yeahh.” I answer and then I tap that ‘call’ button. Beep beep, no answer. Beep beep. No asnwer. I try again but I am directly sent to his voice mail box. Oh Lord, where is that guy. I roll my eyes and heave a sigh.

“Kai’s not picking up?” Kris asks.

“Yeap.” I shortly answer.

“Maybe he’s in the dance studio, dancing. His phone is probably in silent.” Kris says and then I nod.

“Do you need a ride? Because from the look of it, I don’t think Kai is finished.” Kris asks and I blink at him.

“No it’s okay, I don’t want to trouble you.” I say and Kris chuckles a bit.

“You’re not a trouble, Violet. Pretty sure you only live nearby. And I don’t think you want to wait for Kai also, he can got quite carried away with his dancing.” Kris tells me and he slings his bagpack on one of his s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter