XI

Ludos
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Violet

 

The game is indeed interesting. All 8 of us are playing, but the only person who can actually bowl is me, Kai, and Luhan. The others are just simply throwing the ball to nowhere and wish for luck to take its own toll. Kai is actually not bad in this, hell no, he’s actually good. We’re already on our 7th frame and in the previous frames, if Kai didn’t score a strike, it will be a spare. He’s leading with 10 points than me, and I swear everytime he throws his ball he gives me that infamous smirk of him to annoy the hell out of me. When we’re at our 10th frames, I and Kai are tie.

 

Now it’s all depends on this one last frame.

 

Kai throws his first ball, strike. .

Second ball, 9 down. Hah, this is good.

Third ball, 1. He scores a spare.

 

With that, he obtains 30 points.

 

And then it’s my turn.


First ball, strike.

Second ball, please please please please, yesss another strike! And at that time, I know I won.

Third ball, strike.

 

I turn around and I see Kai rolling his eyes at me. I giggle and walk toward where he is sitting.

 

“Come on, Kai, you’re not gonna be a sore loser arent you.” I taunt him.

“Fine, so what is it, princess rainbow? What’s your wish?” He asks me, while pouting.

 

I actually think a lot about my wish, I want it to be apparent, I want Amy to see it, I want to start playing. This will sounds lame, but there’s no actually better deal than this.

 

“Do you remember when we were in a broadcast room last month?” I tell him and he raises his eyebrows at me.

“I thought we forgave each other for that.” He says and I roll my eyes.

“Yes we did, but, look, what was it? The script that you’ve written? The one you want me to read? What was it about?” I ask him, he heave a sigh but then he looks at me.

“I wrote about myself. In the script you were supposed to praise me, and you were supposed to tell the whole school that you like me. I know it was childish, I’m sorry okay.” He says and then I chuckle, I shake my head, this dude is tall and big but mentally he’s just a kindergarten kid.  

“What does your wish have anything to do with that?” He ask me again after I finish my chuckle.

“Read that script. But change the subject. Praise me.” I tell him and at that moment he squints his eyes at me, after a few second, he smirks.

“Consider it done.” He tells me.

 

*******************

 

I’d be lying if I say I’m not nervous at all on Monday. On the second thought, I feel like slapping myself for my wish last Saturday. What will Kai say? Will he humiliate me instead? But no, he wont do that. He basically need me, for his bet. I spend my whole morning worrying about it but every now and then I steal glances at Amy and I feel better. Kim notices my weird attitude and she asks me several time about it. When lunch comes, I sit with Kim in the café and tell her about my wish and my concern on what will Kai say about me. Kim pats my shoulder and tells me it’s going to be okay. Kai needs me, after all.

 

I keep my ears in check on the radio system that is blasting through the air and when the song ‘I Got A Boy’ from Girls Generation finishes, I hear a voice of a man speaking. A voice of a man I recognized.

 

“Hello, this is Kai. I hope you guys enjoyed the song just now.” He says and every girls in the café gasp. Most of them are enjoying this and are praising on how handsome he is and also how good his voice sounds. I roll my eyes, he seriously have a bunch of girls tailing on him.

“So today, I request Chanyeol hyung to lend me some time. I have a story to share with everybody today.” He continues and I can already hear other girls squeak in excitement.

 

“Last month I met a girl. No not met, I practically bumped into her in one of our hallway. When I first look at her, I know she’s somewhat different than the rest of the girls I’ve known. I asked her to apologize to me but instead she throwed me a tantrum and that’s when I’m sure she’s not a regular case. She’s odd, but at that time I couldn’t decide if it’s a good odd or a bad odd. But I guess despite my confusion for her, I couldn’t actually deny that I’m somewhat attracted to her. Beneath all of those glares she gives me I see a girl who’s just trying to stand on her own feet. Underneath all the frown that appears between her eyebrows, I actually find her quite cute and when I caught her laughing with her bestfriend, I’d be lying if I say she didn’t look beautiful because she is. And I think now I’ve figured it out, it’s a good odd, definitely a good odd.” He stops.

All the girls in the cafeteria are focusing on his voice, everybody is hoping that she is the one he’s talking about and at that moment I realize I could actually get in trouble for this. How would these girls react when Kai disclose the identity of the girl? I scan the crowd and I finally see Amy. She’s sitting beside Hyo Ri and she, like the other girls, are also waiting for Kai’s continuation.

“And last Saturday I actually got to hang out with her, we bowled and made a deal. If I win, she’ll go out with me again, unfortunately, I lost. So here I am, asking for one more chance. Violet Lee, will you go out with me again?” He says and every girls gasp. I keep my gaze on Amy and in an instant she finds my eyes. I smirk at her and I swear I see fire burning in her eyes. Not many people know me in that school, considering the fact that I’m only a junior, only my classmates actually look at me, the rest of the girls are bickering with each other, trying to figure out who the hell is it that Kai was talking about.

“Okay, I guess that’s all for now. The next song is one of my favorite from NLT, Let Me Know. Have a good day!” Kai finishes his speech and the song takes over the air.

 

 

After lunch comes Additional Mathematic class. Amy and Hyo Ri is not in the class when I and Kim walk in so I smile to myself. After 10 minutes of lesson, they are still nowhere to be seen. Probably they are already back at home, Amy crying her eyes out. My phone vibrates in my pocket, so I sneak it out under the table when the teacher is writing something on the whiteboard.

 

From : Kai

I still need an answer, you know.

 

I quickly type him a reply.

 

To : Kai

What answer?

 

From : Kai
Were you even listening just now? I’m asking you out again.

 

To : Kai

Oh that, well, I havent decided yet :p

 

From : Kai

Do you know the lake at the Central Park behind our school? I’ll be waiting for you at 9 p.m tonight. Come if you decided to say yes ;)

 

I smile and lock my phone. Oh Lord, what should I do with this boy.

 

*********************

 

5p.m and I’m finally back at my house. On my way home I told Kim about Kai’s plan to see me tonight and of course she told me to go for it. But somehow meeting somebody in the lake at night scared the hell out of me. So Kim told me she’ll send me there and she’ll wai

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter