Valentine's Day Wall

Valentine's Day Wall

Yifan tossed to his side, with one hand rubbing his temple while the other one is searching the night stand beside the bed for his phone that kept ringing for the last ten minutes. He was going to ignore it but the ringing made his head even heavier, preventing him from sleeping after having a wild night last night. He slowly opened his eyes and looked at the night stand that has been cleared with nothing on it but he still can heard his phone ringing.

 

He gathered his strength to sit and winced in pain when his left foot stepped on something on the floor. He lifted both of his feet and saw his alarm clock that is shaped like a unicorn was under it. He sighed as he picked the clock and put it back on the night stand. He was disappointed the alarm clock didn't break because then he can throw it out and has a concrete reason when being ask by the gifter why he did so.

 

He stood up and walked out from the bedroom, heading towards the living room where he supposed that is where his phone is because he didn't find it in his bedroom. He listened closely to the ringing sound and saw his jacket on the sofa. He was going to grab it when suddenly the ringing stop. With still-heavy head, he plopped himself on the sofa, going to continue his disturbed slumber without even checking his phone.

 

Yifan stretched his long body when he heard alternate knocking and bell ringing on the door. He dragged his feet to the front door and was going to poke the person in the eyes for disturbing his sleep but the idea faltered when he saw his little brother standing outside the door. He left the door open and walked back to the sofa, planning to sleep some more when suddenly he being attacked from the back and fall flat on the cold floor.

 

"Hurry up! Tao, you go start the water!"

 

Before he could register what just happened, he was stripped out from his clothes, leaving only his boxer. "Wha... what are you guys..." His words were cut off before he could finish it as he was pulled to stand up and then being pushed from behind to the bathroom, into the shower stall. He was shocked from the cold water that suddenly pouring down on him but it make him wide awake and he can see his best friend outside the stall.

 

"Ge, toothbrush!"

 

Luhan received the toothbrush and handed it to his friend. "Shampoo! Don't forget to shampoo! And hurry up!"

 

Yifan started brushing his teeth as he watched the door being closed, leaving him alone in the bathroom. He tilted his head, thinking what just happened as he brushed his teeth and when he just finished gargling, his brother's face popped out from the door.

 

"Done? Come!" 

 

"Wait! I didn't..."

 

Tao pulled his brother out from the bathroom and walked towards the bedroom where Luhan is waiting with a towel in his hands. He let the small friend drying his brother while he walked to the bed where a suit was laid on it. "Lu ge, are you sure..."

 

"Tao, we don't have time to argue!" Luhan handed the black suit to his friend and signaled him to put it on. "Flowers! Do we need flowers?" He turned to face the younger of the two brothers that is standing near the bed.

 

"No. Chocolate! We need chocolate, white chocolate! With filling!"

 

"Ah, right! Regular one won't do this time!" 

 

Yifan listened to the conversation between his little brother and his best friend while putting on the suit. He still hasn't figure out what is going on and why he has to wear the suit because the black suit is the best suit he has and he only wears it on special occasion and the two other person inside the room know about it. So, is today a special day? And what with the flowers?

 

Luhan was pacing around the room when suddenly he remembered something. "Ah! XOXO!"

 

The little brother's eyes widened at the words. "But, that shop is across the town!"

 

"That is why you should go now!" Luhan pushed Tao out from the bedroom. "You go buy the chocolates and meet us at D.O! Go! Go!" As soon as the little brother is out of the room, Luhan turned to face the older brother that is looking at the full-lenght mirror, checking himself. "What are you doing?! We are late already! Stop being proud of yourself!" He stomped and pulled the older brother away from the mirror and exited the room.

 

Yifan with puzzled face, can only followed his small friend as they are practically running towards the front door and out from the apartment. He was going to ask him about the situation once they're inside the elevator but held it in when Luhan chose the stairs instead. Not until they are on the road when he noticed the panic look has gone from the small face that he asked the questions that have been piling up inside him.

 

"Where are we going?"

 

"D.O."

 

"D.O? Then why do I have to wear the suit? You know the suit is..."

 

"...for special occasion, I know and today is special occasion! And a happy one if we can make it in time!"

 

"Today? What is today?"

 

Luhan hit the break after hearing the words that were coming from his side. He stared at Yifan's face that is completely shocked from his sudden action.

 

"What are you doing?" Yifan thanking the seatbelt in his mind while looking around their car. Luckily the road is empty. "We could have been killed, you know!"

 

Luhan shook his head as he started the engine back and continue driving. "Now we are going to be kill for sure! Tao-ya, you are our only hope right now." He glanced at his side and saw a furrowed brows on the face. "Check your phone."

 

His phone. Yifan totally forgot about it and fished it out from his pocket. 38 missed call and 26 messages. He ignored the missed call and opened the messages. His eyes widened after reading the first one.

 

"Love, Happy Valentine's Day. Did you sleep well?"

 

With eyes still widen, he turned to Luhan but the guy didn't noticed his action as he was occupied with his driving. He looked back to the device inside his hand and continue reading, skipping the unimportant ones.

 

"Love, did you sleep late last night? You didn't answer my calls."

 

"Love, are you awake? Let's have lunch at D.O today, okay? Kyungsoo said they have special menu today."

 

"Love, where are you? You still hasn't pick up my call. Are you alright?"

 

"Hyung, where are you? Joonmyeon hyung is already here. Hurry up!"

 

"Hyung, don't tell me you got wasted last night? I'm going to call Luhan hyung. You are so dead!"

 

"Wu Yifan! Did you get wasted last night?! And forget what today is?! You promised you won't drink much! I'm going to kill you if you did! Come here quickly and prove me wrong!"

 

Yifan lifted his head as he noticed the car has stopped moving. He stared blanky at his side as he watched his friend getting tangled with the seatbelt.

 

Luhan finally freed himself from the seatbelt and realized that the guy beside him still hasn't unbuckled his seatbelt and is staring at him. "Are you waiting for me to unbuckle yours too?!" He shook his head and quickly got out from the car after unbuckled Yifan's seatbelt. He ran to the other side, opened the car door and pulled Yifan out from it. "Are you that shocked?! Let's go! Let's go!"

 

Yifan almost stumbled forward when Luhan pushed him from behind. He kept pushing him until they have entered the small cafe where he saw a doe-eyed male waving at him behind the counter near the door to the kitchen.

 

Luhan left his shocked friend at the front door and ran towards the center of the cafe. He scanned the entire room but didn't find the person he was looking for among the many customers. He gave the guy behind the counter a questioning look only to be replied with a disappoinment on the face.

 

Kyungsoo walked towards the two friends that already took a seat at the table near the counter. He pulled out a chair and sat down, facing both friends. "Did you really get wasted?"

 

"He did." Luhan sighed as he answer the question that was clearly meant for his friend. "Has Joonmyeon gone long?"

 

"Half an hour ago." Kyungsoo signaled one of his workers to go into the kitchen and shifted back to the Chinese men when he received a nod from him. "Do you have a death wish or something? You know Joonmyeon hyung doesn't like it, even on regular days. And you choose yesterday to get wasted. The day before Valentine's Day."

 

"I know, Kyungsoo. I know. Stop rub it in." Yifan ran his fingers through his hair, really regretting after remembering what had happened last night.

 

"And today was supposed to be an extra special Valentine's Day too." Luhan stretched both his arms and put them on the table, resting it along with his chin.

 

Kyungsoo lifted an eyebrow at the statement and looked straight at Yifan, wanting an explanation.

 

"I was going to propose to him today."

 

Yifan sighed as his mind wandered back to last night and started explaning to the doe-eyed male what had happened.

 

He stopped by at the Black Pearl after sending Joonmyeon home. He told Zitao and Luhan about the plan and showed them the ring he got for his other half. After recieving hurtful slapping and punching congratulations from the two, he asked them to help him think for the perfect event and they were happy to help him out. Zitao being the excited one told his ideas and there were some good ones but the bad ones were much more.

 

After brainstorming for about twenty minutes, Zitao got mad and decided to quit after his ideas kept getting rejected. Luhan suggested they try again tomorrow and that they should be celebrating right now. So he and Zitao decided to throw him a bachelor party at the club. Yifan waited at their table while Luhan and his brother went to the bar.

 

He thought they were ordering some expensive, special drinks when he saw a bartender followed behind them, with tray of colorful bottles in his hand but he was wrong. His eyes widened as he listened to the bartender explaining the 'Bachelor Party Package' to him. He has to drink until he beat Zitao and Luhan in term of alcohol tolerance and if he win, his friends will pay for the bill and the bar will send him their latest drink-mixing machine as a wedding gift but if he didn't, he will be one paying the bill, plus fifty percent tip for the bartender service.

 

After showing the ring as a prove that it is a bachelor party, he sat back and watched as the bartender mixing the colorful drinks. He quickly gulped down the first one and has to admit that he had never drink something that strong before. And after a few more glasses, he completely forgot about the promised he made earlier to his other half that allowed him to be at the bar.

 

 Kyungsoo sighed as he listened to the story. "Did you win?" Kyungsoo got a small nod for his question. "How did you get back?"

 

Luhan tilted his head and rest his cheek on the table while looking at Kyungsoo. "The package has delivery service too." He sighed deeply before sitting straight. "I don't want to die yet. I'm going to call Joonmyeon and beg for my life!"

 

Before Luhan could even do that, a cafe worker stopped at their table and put down a lid tray in front of Yifan. Yifan gave Kyungsoo a questioning look and the doe-eyed male motioned him to open the lid. Yifan opened it and stared at the thing he is guessing a cake that was underneath it.

 

"Joonmyeon hyung made it. He called me this morning saying that he wants to surprise you and ask me to teach him." Kyungsoo locked his eyes on the tall male across him. "Looks like you have to cancel your proposal today."

 

Yifan gulped as he examine the deformed cake. The heart-shaped cake, where the pointed and curved part still can be seen, was cut right in the middle in zigzag and the side that has his name on it, because he can see "Joonm" on the other side, was stabbed repeatedly with a spoon, he's guessing it's the same spoon that is still half buried in the cake.

 

Luhan was horrified when he saw what happened to the cake. "I'm going to be kill with a spoon." He let out a crying moan as he covered his face with his hand.

 

Yifan pulled out the spoon and took a bite. Coffee. He prefers coffee-flavored food over chocolate-flavored one and his other half knew about it. He smiled as he took another bite of the deformed cake. Delicious.

 

"Ge, I got the chocolates!"

 

The three men looked at the tall male that just arrived. Tao was puzzled when he saw sad and disappoinment plastered on the three faces. Then he noticed someone missing. "Where is Joonmyeon hyung?" He looked around the cafe. "Ah! You guys were late?"

 

Yifan nodded as he finished the last piece of the coffee cake. He stood up and took the bag of chocolates off his brother's hand.

 

"Where are you going?"

 

"To apologize."

 

"Alone?! You are going to be killed!"

 

"I deserved to be. See you guys later."

 

Yifan asked for his brother's car keys and left the three men. He needed to see his other half as soon as possible. The drive to Joonmyeon's house seems like forever even thought he never get stuck on traffic and the traffic light always turned green whenever he reached it. Today was supposed to be a happy day. The day he propose to Joonmyeon after four years of relationship and the day the beautiful male accept his proposal and then they will live happily ever after. But he had to ruined it by getting wasted last night.

 

Yifan took a deep breath and fixed his black suit before he pressed the door bell. Footsteps can be heard on the other side of the door and he smiled when he heard a soft voice asking who he is. The door was opened for five second before it was slammed closed and Yifan can only sighed. He knocked the door softly before started talking.

 

"Mine, Happy Valentine's Day."

 

Silent.

 

"Mine, I'm sorry." 

 

Yifan put his ear at the door, hoping to hear the soft voice but he heard nothing.

 

"Mine, I got XOXO."

 

Yifan stepped back when he heard the door being opened sligtly. A hand was sticking our from it and he smiled as he gave the bag of chocolates to the small hand. He let a small chuckled after the door closed again.

 

"Mine, thank you for the cake." He leaned on the door and slid down to sit in front of it. "It was delicious. Ah, I ate your portion too."

 

Yifan put back his ear on the door after he heard mumbling on the other side. He couldn't hear the whole sentence but catches the main words.

 

"Why did I eat it? Didn't you made it for me?" He just smiled when he heard no answer from behind the door.

 

Yifan just sit and let his mind wandered. He need to propose to Joonmyeon today but he still hasn't prepare anything so he need to do that first. He texted Luhan, Kyungsoo and Zitao saying they need to help him find a perfect spot for the event. He stared at the phone screen after closing the replied texts from the three men. 6.42. Can they find it in time? He stood up and brushed his pants. He knocked the door for the last time.

 

"Mine, I got to go now. I'm sorry for today but I will make it up to you. I promise. Ah! And I won't break it this time. I love you, Joonmyeon."

 

Yifan kept walking even thought he heard the door being opened. He has to find the perfect spot soon.

 

Yifan strolled along Joonmyeon's neighborhood and saw a small cafe that was full with couples inside it. He passed it and kept walking because Kyungsoo's cafe was much nicer than that if he wants to do the event at a cafe but he doesn't. Then he saw a flower shop across the road and passed it too. His other half prefers chocolates than flowers and then an idea hit him but he quickly rejects it because he doesn't have time to go to another town and rent the chocolate shop. Maybe he can do that next year.

 

Yifan took a seat on the bench at a playground and sipped some water that he bought from the nearby mart. He took out his phone and looed at the time. 9.09 and he sighed as he hasn't found the perfect spot yet. Luhan's idea to do the event at the Black Pearl was never made to consideration because apparently he had forgotten that the place is connected to the reason why Joonmyeon is upset at him. He kind of like Zitao's idea to do the event at the beach but after googling and finding out that the nearest beach is two hours drive from their place, he has to rejects it too. Kyungsoo in the other hand, was too busy to looking for one and he can't blame him. He is an owner of a cafe that has been decorated with Valentine's theme stuffs and foods. Instead, he texted him saying that he shouldn't spend too much money and focus on his true feelings more.

 

Yifan stood up and was going to search for the perfect spot some more when he noticed the unfamiliar surrounding. He never been to this part of neighborhood before. He stopped wandering around when he saw a stoned pathway with stoned roofing that has yellow strips around it. He walked closer and saw a sign written "To Be Tear Down". He read the piece of paper that was on the steel sign and apparently they are going to build a new one. He crossed over the yellow strips and looked inside it. The pathway is not very long and it has payphones on one side of the wall. With the light from the street lamps near the pathway, the inside of it is not very dark and has this romantic feeling around it.

 

Yifan walked to one of the payphones and put the receiver against his ear and he heard nothing. Of course the lines has been cut off. He let his fingers slid against the stoned wall as he walked to exit the pathway. Nearing the exit, he saw writing in red and thanks to the street lamps light, he could read the writing clearly. He smiled as he finished read the writing that was actually a love confession. He stepped back until his back hit the other wall. He saw a big "LOVE" was written in the same color and noticed the love confession was written inside the big "O".

 

Kyungsoo's words suddenly replaying in his mind and he quickly called for backup.

 

 

* * *

 

 

Joonmyeon's eyes never left the bag of chocolates on his coffee table. He really wanted to eat it but his curiosity prevented him to do so. He checked the phone inside his hand. No call or text from Yifan and Valentine's Day will be end in half an hour. He said he will make it up for making him upset but how can he do that during half an hour?

 

He stood up and put the chocolates in the fridge. Yifan can't do that in half an hour. He was walking towards his bedroom when the doorbell rang. He can't hide his disappoinment when he opened the door thinking it was Yifan but Kyungsoo was the one standing in front of him. He smiled as he invited his friend to enter but was shocked when suddenly being pulled out from his house.

 

Joonmyeon asked Kyungsoo where they are going but the doe-eyed male didn't say a word during the entire ride. After fifteen minutes, Kyungsoo stopped the car. Joonmyeon got out from it and was puzzled when Kyungsoo suddenly disappeared to nowhere. He was walking around the neighborhood searching for his friend when he saw a stoned pathway being decorated with many smalls lights.

 

He entered the pathway and saw the inside walls were covered with small paper notes and writings. Joonmyeon walked closer and started to read the green note in front of him.

 

"Kim Joonmyeon + Wu Yifan = Love? I've never been good at equations."

 

Joonmyeon's eyes widened when he saw his name on the note. He looked around the pathway once again. Are these notes and writings meant for him? He read the writing at the bottom of the wall.

 

"I read 'L.O.V.E' as 'Kim Joonmyeon' now. I've been reading it wrong before I met you. Thank you for correcting it." 

 

Joonmyeon chuckled at the cheesy sentences.

 

"I knew I love you before I met you."

 

"After I send you home for the first time, I never felt so lonely before in my life."

 

"And my life is chaotic, you know!"

 

"I don't know I was searching for you until I met you."

 

"No one told me, I was going to find you. Unexpected, what you did to my heart."

 

"My love is all I have to give. Without you I don't think I could live."

 

Joonmyeon cannot stop himself from smiling after reading the notes one after another. He didn't noticed he was approaching the payphones but it caught his attention when the nearest one from him suddenly ringing. He looked around and saw no one in it except him. He picked up the receiver after the payphone kept ringing.

 

"Joonmyeon."

 

The call ended just like that. Still puzzled, Joonmyeon put back the receiver and as soon as he did that, the second payphone that was on his left rang. He walked to it and put the receiver against his ear.

 

"Be."

 

Again the call ended after one word. Again, right after he hung up, the the same thing happened to the third payphone. He picked up and listened.

 

"Mine."

 

Joonmyeon smiled. This time, he didn't put back the receive and left it on top of the payphone. He waited for a few moments and when the fourth payphone didn't rang, he chuckled as he went back to read the notes. After reading several notes, he heard the payphone ringing and it was the fourth one. He picked it up.

 

"Fo..."

 

"I didn't put back the receiver, you know." Joonmyeon cut off the caller's word before he could finished it. He chuckled after hearing a cough on the other side.

 

"Forever?"

 

"Yes." He smiled as he hung up the phone. Then, he saw a rope moving on the ground, pulling a poorly-made platform with wheels under it. On the platform, a male was kneenling on one knee while holding a velvet case in his hand.

 

Joonmyeon shook his head as the platform that he think was supposed to stop in front of him passed by him and stopped in the middle of the pathway. He chuckled as he walked to the kneeling figure and stood in front of him.

 

Yifan cleared his throat even thought there is nothing stuck inside it and looked up at the beautiful male in front of him. 

 

"White chocolate is not actually chocolate, dark chocolate is bitter,

You said yes before, are you sure you won't regret it later?"

 

Joonmyeon laughed as Yifan change the flower poem to chocolate one. He nodded as he let Yifan put the silver circle on his ring finger.

 

Yifan stepped off the platform and pulled the beautiful male in for a hug. He then lifted him to meet their lips and didn't pulled away until a bell sound was heard. Joonmyeon gave the taller male a questioning look and Yifan took the opportunity to gave the beautiful male a quick peck before showing his phone.

 

"It is 11.59 now. Happy Valentine's Day, my fiance."