9: class forty-four

The Problem Children
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]

 

nine: class forty-four [/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2] ["Be quiet, Kai, no one likes you."][/CONTENTID2][CONTENTID3]

Juyeon followed Sumi and Kai, the former threatening she'll kick the latter in the balls if he did something like that again.

"I just want to tease Yeonie," Kai said, leering at Juyeon, who shivered and pretended she couldn't hear him.

"You just want to scare her," Sumi corrected. "She already thinks you're a monster, don't make her think you're a ert too."

"But I am, though."

Juyeon winced at Kai's lazy declaration. Sumi rolled her eyes as they stopped at a door. Unlike in the other wings, there were no simple plaques on the doors stating the class. There was just a dirty piece of paper with the words CLASS 44 taped onto the surface.

"Welcome to High Class, your majesty," Sumi said with a snicker, and opened the door.

The classroom was also bigger than normal, but by no means nicer. Spitballs dotted the ceiling, and even some pencils were stuck, as though someone had thrown them with great force straight up.

Juyeon noticed the class used uncomfortable metal desks that had chairs connected to them, ad that each one was bolted in place. The bookshelf was practically empty, with a few ratty, torn books miserably lying on the bottom shelf collecting dust. The chalkboard was messy and covered in scribbles and rude drawings.

Juyeon gulped. If only Sunset Class 12 could see what the famous 'High Class' really looked like.

The students, Juyeon's new classmates, were in little groups and talking loudly to each other. They abruptly stopped when she walked in, then just as quickly started up again.

"Um …" Juyeon turned to her escorters, but Sumi walked off towards a large group of PCs with a very strong follow-me-and-die aura. Kai also ignored her and walked towards a small group of boys that included Sehun, Chanyeol, and Suho.

Juyeon felt very alone and very exposed. She bit her lip and looked around, trying not to show the panic on her face. She was always okay being alone back in Class 12. What was wrong with her?

In Class 12, no one wanted to kill me.

Juyeon figured that standing there like a loon would do nothing, and she looked for a harmless place to sit. She slowly walked down an aisle and found a seat in the middle. Not too far in the back, but not so up front that everyone could look at her. She touched the top of the chair …

"Don't even think about it, normal!" Someone called. "That's MY seat!"

There was a chorus of snickers.

Juyeon jumped back, face burning red, and muttered "Soh-ree." She looked for another spot.

"Not that one, it's mine!"

"Don't touch that seat, normal!"

"BZZZT! Try again!"

"Don't put your filthy normal hands all over my desk, I might catch something."

Juyeon gritted her teeth and fought back the waves of humiliation. Everyone was looking at her and smirking, several laughing outright. If they weren't allowed to hurt her, they would at least make her life miserable.

These s are all the same, Juyeon, she thought fiercely to herself, clenching her hands into fists. They are just as bad as the slackers from Class 12. No; they ARE the slackers. Don't show weakness, don't

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter