7: the history of mysteria

The Problem Children
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]

 

seven: the history of mysteria [/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2] ["I believe in science, sir, not magic."][/CONTENTID2][CONTENTID3]

To Juyeon's surprise, there were a few more students waiting in Donovan's office when she and Kai walked in. One was Chanyeol, who gave her a cheerful wave that Juyeon ignored. Another was Sehun, who was ignoring her and fiddling with his owl pin. Suho, the short cute announcer, was there as well. He was conversing with a girl Juyeon hadn't seen before, a pretty round-faced girl with shoulder-length light pink hair.

The girl broke off the conversation and glared at Juyeon. She had even dyed her eyebrows the same colour, and Juyeon noticed that despite her general prissy, girly looks, she had a small golden hoop pierced through her left eyebrow. It was comforting, for some strange reason, to see that little bit of rebellion.

"Ugh," the girl crossed her arms and rolled her eyes. "It's the normal."

Juyeon initiated her backsass plan. She copied the girl's actions and said, "Ugh, it's the freak."

Chanyeol broke into snickers. The girl's eyes narrowed. "What did you just call me?" She hissed. Maybe Juyeon went a bit too far calling her a freak.

Luckily for Juyeon, Donovan emerged from the sea of papers on his desk. "Ah, you're here, Jung Juyeon," he said pleasantly, halting all other conversation. "Please take a seat."

There was no way Juyeon was sitting anywhere near them, so she found a spot on the couches far away from the others and perched there.

"Let's see, where to begin …" Donovan scratched at his short beard. "Do you believe in magic?"

"No." Juyeon's answer was immediate.

"Not even after what you've just seen?"

"I believe in science, sir, not magic." If Juyeon continued to believe that it wasn't magic, she could keep her sanity from slipping.

"They say magic is simply a science we haven't learned yet," Donovan said gently.

Juyeon set her jaw stubbornly. "With all due respect, Principal Lee, sir, that means it's still science."

Donovan laughed at that, but the pink-haired girl didn't look amused.

"Donovan, sir, might I suggest I give this normal a little excuse to behave in a proper manner?" Her eyes burned holes into Juyeon's head, and Juyeon shivered.

"Calm yourself, Sumi," Donovan said lightly, then turned to Kai. "I'm surprised at you, Kai. You seemed so excited to bring her to my office. What happened?"

Everyone, even Sumi, sniggered as Kai's cheeks turned pink. "Nothing," He muttered with a scowl, looking away. Was he still sulking about her tree comment? Gosh, what a narcissist. Juyeon sure missed a bullet with that sweet-talker.

"Now, let's call this a 'science' then," Donovan said to Juyeon. "You've heard the stories of how humans only use about twenty percent of their brain, correct?"

Juyeon nodded. "But I thought that was just a myth."

"Yes and no," Donovan said. "We use most of our brain. However, we as humans are capable of doing so much more. You've studied Evolution in Biology, I trust?"

Juyeon nodded again, not allowing herself to speak. She didn't think she co

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter