17: day of miracles

The Problem Children
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]

 

seventeen: day of miracles [/CONTENTID1][CONTENTID2]

["Speaking of which, should I see a doctor or something?"] [/CONTENTID2][CONTENTID3]

Sumi didn't look away from her ty old laptop when Juyeon came back to their room. "Oh, you're back. Courtyard?"

"Where else?" Juyeon responded, wincing slightly. Sumi finally looked up and gasped, dropping her pen. "Holy hell! Who did that to you? Was it the groupies?"

"Of course not." Juyeon tenderly felt her forehead and winced again. "I would never forgive myself if I let those hussies punch me. It was Sehun."

"Sehun?!"

"Long story―look, can I just have some ice or bandages or something? I feel like my face will fall off."

To her surprise, Sumi nodded and really did run out of the room to get ice. Juyeon entered the bathroom and the light. She jumped, seeing a horrifying face in the mirror, then realized it was hers.

Holy hell was right. One side of Juyeon's forehead was heavily bruised a disgusting shade of purple, black and blue, with a large bump visibly protruding out. Her eyes and nose were red, and her eyes especially looked raw and sore. There were also thin lines of bruises on her neck where Sehun had grabbed her, and these were an ugly mix of green and yellow.

Sumi returned with bags of ice. "What the hell did you do to get Sehun that mad?" She tossed Juyeon one bag of ice, and Juyeon immediately pressed it to her forehead and sighed in relief.

"Nothing. I kind of lost my mind and he helped cure me by punching me unconscious. Oh , how am I supposed to study in this state?"

"Never mind studying," Sumi said impatiently as she grabbed one of her fancy decorative scarves on the ground and wrapped it tightly around Juyeon's head, binding the ice bag firmly against the bruises. "And what do you mean, losing your mind?"

"It's been a bit of a stressful time for me, if you haven't noticed," Juyeon said dryly. Sumi frowned at her, but Juyeon was surprised to see a hint of concern and maybe guilt in her cold eyes. She hastily turned away to dig through the mess on the floor for more makeshift bandages.

"And what about the bruises on your neck?" Sumi finally asked, wrapping another scarf around Juyeon's neck to hold two bags of ice on each side.

"Heard something amusing, Sehun wasn't pleased." Juyeon snickered at the memory and pressed the last two bags over her eyes. "I'm surprised he didn't kill me, to be honest."

Sumi's pink lips pressed into a thin line, one that looked serious except for the faint twitch of a smile. "Well, you must have caught him in a good mood."

"Trust me, I think he was only in a good mood because he got to punch me in the face. Speaking of which, should I see a doctor or something? He said he might have broken my head."

Sumi shrugged. "We'll go to the nurse's office after di

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter