Chapter 33

Girls, they love me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Mark, what shall we do for the performance?”

 

Suzy batted her eyelids and gazes up at the guy that stood a head taller than her. They were leaving the class after school and their presence was acknowledged by almost everyone since they had the same business power in this society. Besides, it was announced during the party that Mark was her fiancé.

 

To everyone, the both of them were probably the sweetest looking couple in this school.

 

“Mark!”

 

He heard her voice and stops on track but didn’t turn around to meet her rushing figure. Mark knows what awaits him and he places on a nonchalant look with his chin up in an overconfident manner. He could hear her fast footsteps that sounded louder and louder and then her breathlessness that seem as though she couldn’t breathe.

 

“C-crystal…?”

 

Suzy eyed her quizzically from head to toe and then to Mark with an expression that couldn’t be deciphered.

 

“We need to talk. Please…”

 

Crystal was very firm and fast with her first sentence but when Mark made no response to her, she sounded pleading with the please as if sorrow had engulf her entirely and the word was forced out very tiringly. She suddenly found no courage in engaging a talk with Mark. It still felt like yesterday when Mark walked with her to school and these memories that suddenly swarm up to her aren’t helping much in remaining calm.

 

“Talk? Sure.”

 

Mark still has his back against Crystal and he shrugs his shoulders light heartedly as if the issue isn’t weighing down on him. With a glance to Suzy, he gave her the cue to leave. Suzy eyes Crystal back and nodded very slightly which causes Crystal to shudder because she had hoped Suzy would speak up for her. And if not, why would the situation become this bad if Suzy had promised her that she would explain the real happening to Mark?

 

Mark and Crystal stood near their class building, at the far end corner where walls were built high up and hid them well from attention. Crystal swallowed the gulp in but still finds it hard to speak with that tremendous terrifying aura Mark has. His presence scares her and though it wasn’t the first time she experienced such a cold treatment from the guy, she wasn’t used to the Mark that she sees now.

 

He was eyeing her, very daunting and aggressively. She has her back against the wall because she felt like her body can crumble from the starvation since yesterday and the wall would be able to support her and her naïve thinking.

 

She kept her eyes on the veins that were visible on his neck because she was afraid of his stare. That accusing stare that could make her believe the faults that weren’t actually hers, were hers and that stare that could crush the already broken heart of hers.

 

She didn’t want to look into his eyes and believe that he hadn’t trust her.

 

“Mwoh?”

 

Mark asked when Crystal kept the silence a little too long for comfort. She cringes but remains standing at her position, eyes fixed on that exposing vein.

 

“I didn’t, and I don’t know how and why. But I swear it’s true!”

 

Crystal cranes her head when she got all agitated and fina

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter