Chapter 20

Girls, they love me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Aniyo – No

Gwaenchana – I’m okay / I’m alright

Jinjja – Really

 

“Aren’t you going back?”

 

“No, I’ll wait…”

 

“A-are you hungry?”

 

It was twenty minutes to closing and Crystal finally has the time to spare, walking over to Mark with light steps, she glance at him with a shy expression because of the confession she made a while ago. Does it count as a confession? What happens now? She wondered and pressed her lip together firmly, waiting for the elder male to make a reply.

 

Perhaps the reluctance to admit was what causes the girl to smile bashfully. Always putting on a nonchalant look no matter what the situation is.

 

“I’ll get you something to eat”

 

“HanBin hyung… Who’s he?”

 

Friend…?

 

It doesn’t matter who that guy HanBin see is, as long as Crystal is within his grasp, he finds it acceptable and besides, it isn’t his place to intervene in whoever she’s being friends with. Mark notices the number of glance coming his way but shook it off because he didn’t want to throw a fit and scare the girl just because of some stares coming from a few younger boys.

 

Looking down on the food that Crystal came over with, he stares at it in astonishment and then back to Crystal with an amused look.

 

“I made it for you…”

 

Her actions warm his heart because it had actually meant nothing but to Mark, it was something that he deeply appreciates where somebody took the time and make something for him. He smiles at her, a very small and unnoticeable one and then brings up his hand to ruffles her head, making her hair tousled in a messy yet attractive way.

 

Upon witnessing the scene, HanBin couldn’t help but to think that he could have been the guy that is now standing in front of the girl, tousling her hair and smiling back to her without having the need to hide from any guilt. He trembled, forcing himself to think of the reversal if the incident hadn’t happened ten years ago. It was difficult and tough for him but what is done has already been done, now what he has to do, is to make things better with whatever he can.

 

--

 

The two of them were walking back to Crystal’s broken house. As much as the elder male wanted to invite her to sleep over at their place, it might sound offending to a girl like her. Mark kept quiet the whole time; this was his first time appearing at her work place and offered to walk her back home.

 

“Mark?”

 

She wanted to make sure, wanted to hear a reply from him. Did it happen just like that for them? This was what she was going to find out.

 

“Hmm?”

 

“We… Do you, I mean…”

 

Mark stops in track upon understanding the hesitation in her voice. Looking up to scan for any form of expression on his face, Crystal stops as well and turns to meet his gaze. Unable to hide his smile, Mark bends down so that he was on her eye level and went in for a peck on her forehead. Very light and gentle was what Mark would describe but to the blushing girl in front of him, it sparks fireworks in her heart and she froze on the spot.

 

She hadn’t expected it and this intimacy told her what she wanted to find

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter