06. Inconvenience

Unintended
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

06. INCONVENIENCE

    I didn't know you would really leave me You were like an angel Why am I such a good-for-nothing?

 

SEHUN

Sometimes I really don’t get it why Kris hyung hates Soorin so much, and since his marriage is not his favorite topic to be talked about, I never get the chance to ask him about it. Kris hyung isn’t the type who likes to talk about his personal life. Well, I believe he tells some things to Luhan hyung, but not to me or Jongin or Jongdae hyung. I’m not complaining about it. I respect his decision because sometimes I also have some things that I can share only with Jongin, and I guess the same thing goes to Kris hyung.

 

I met Soorin for the first time when we were both attending our second year of middle school. At that time, I didn’t know about Kris hyung, Luhan hyung, and Jongdae hyung yet. For Jongin, I knew him since diapers. We both grew up together. Sounds like Kris hyung and Luhan hyung, right?

 

Talking about Soorin, despite her status as Soojin’s sister, she was not a popular female student back then. To be honest, I didn’t even know that she is the second heiress of C-Tel Corp. The media only gave their attention to Soojin and even though they kept mentioning that the Choi actually had two daughters, they never wrote in details about Soorin. She was completely lost in her sister’s shadow.

 

It was Jongin’s parents’ company annual gala where I accidentally found out about Soorin’s true identity. Jongin asked me to help him check the guests list, making sure that all the names in the long list already confirmed to attend the party. C-Tel Corp was also invited to the gala so when we found a name other than Choi Soojin coming as C-Tel Corp representative, our inquisitiveness increased as we finally could meet the second Choi.

 

Kim Jongin had a little crush on Soojin and I, well, I won’t lie that I was also in awe with her. She was beautiful. She was brilliant. She was every man’s dream coming true. That’s why when we found out that it was Choi Soorin from our class who happened to be Soojin’s sister, the fact really took us by surprise. I’m not saying that Soorin is unattractive. She is pretty but she won’t be someone in your mind’s eye to be the sister of the nation goddess like Soojin.

 

“I never expected that Choi Soorin from our class is Soojin noona’s sister.” Jongin said while glancing at Soorin who was standing some meters away from us in disbelief. “She is nothing like her flawless sister.”

 

“Yah~ don’t be so mean, Jongin.” I nudged him.

 

“I’m just trying to be honest here.” He glared at me. “Oh Sehun, I know that you also put your expectation as high as mine. You can’t lie to my face.”

 

“But the way you compared her to Soojin noona is too rude.” I snarled.

 

But in the end, it was naturally happening to compare one sister to another. I believe that Soorin knows that the whole world will expect her to be as perfect as Soojin. Then I bet, no one ever thought about her feeling when she is being compared to her sister. How does it feel to have someone so perfect as your sibling and when they find out that you are the sister, they will simply underestimate you, saying ‘oh, I expected someone better than her’ or ‘she is nothing like her sister’? I don’t want to imagine how awful it feels to live with those s for all your life.

 

Among the four of us, we can say that I’m the only one who Soorin considers as her friend. It is not because they detest her and I don’t. Well, I can’t say that Soorin is their favorite either. Luhan hyung finds her irritating. Jongdae hyung said that she is too loud. And for Jongin, they can’t even stay in the same room because they will start bickering. Truthfully, I initially thought that Soorin was a little bit annoying too. But later, I made a mental note to myself that we can’t judge someone without trying to know about them better.

 

Kris hyung always made me to accompany her during their wedding preparation. For the whole two months, I was the one who drove her here and there, doing the things that should be done by Kris hyung from picking the wedding invitation and the wedding ring until choosing her wedding dress and the cake. It was simply because Kris hyung refused to do it himself and asked the others to do the job was totally impossible. Then as the youngest one, I could do nothing but complying hyung’s request.

 

It is the main reason why I can say that sometimes I don’t really get it why Kris hyung hates her so much because after spending two months with Soorin, I found out that she isn’t that bad. Screw it. She isn’t bad at all. She is nice. She is fun. She has a good sense of humor. She can light up the mood with her bright personality. You can say that she is nothing like Soojin and I won’t say that you are wrong but one thing people need to know; Choi Soorin is charming in her own way.

 

If Choi Soojin was good in academic, then Choi Soorin is a very talented painter. She won some national competitions during high school. She always dreams to be a fashion designer but apparently, her parents don’t really like the idea.

 

If Choi Soojin gave us this aura that she was unapproachable, then Choi Soorin is contradictory. She has a lot of friends and likes to hang out with them. She is very sociable and talkative, absolutely different with her sister who was always seen solo and rarely talked with other in every occasion.

 

If Choi Soojin was completely a mystery as we never knew if it was the real her that she always showed in public or it was just the image she built up, then Choi Soorin never bother to put a mask on her face.  She is full of herself. She talks what she thinks. She does what she likes. She is a girl with no fear. When she is angry, she will stomp her feet and yell. People may consider that she is rude but I think it makes her more human than Soojin.

 

So, if Kris hyung tries to know her better, I think it is possible if someday he will fall for her. Too bad, he was too stubborn as a human being. Kris hyung isn’t the type who will listen to others when he has made his decision. When he says ‘A’, then it will never turn to ‘B’. Oh, you also need to know that in Kris hyung’s dictionary, two o’clock exactly means two o’clock so when his secretary is late even just for one minute, it has the same meaning for Jongdae hyung that he needs to hire a new secretary for him.

 

And probably now, you are questioning how I can be friend with him.

 

Kris hyung is actually a good person. He is like a brother to me. Well, every one of them is like a brother to me but Kris hyung is my favorite. Sounds weird? In most people’s eyes he may be arrogant, selfish, and heartless. But I beg to differ because if you are in his position, I believe that you will be just like him. Kris hyung is the only child in his family. It makes him has no option left but becoming heir to his parents’ business. He can’t do what he wants to do because his future has been settled.

 

When he was child, he rarely met his parents. They always went abroad for their business. On his birthday, they would send him a lot of expensive presents but they never wished him in person. They never came to his school in Parents’ Day. They never praised him when he ranked first in his class. They didn’t even attend his graduation day where he was chosen to give a speech because he graduated with the best score. Then what can you expect from a man who grew up without love from his parents?

 

He becomes a person with no feeling. He doesn’t believe in love. Sometimes, he will think that he is not worthy. He thinks that they want to be friend with him only because of his reputation and money, not because they really care for him. He always says what he wants to say without thinking if his words will hurt the person who receives it. But I can’t blame him because it’s his parents’ fault after all. I only hope that someday he will meet a person who can understand him and teach him about love.

 

Speaking about love… Well, since we never talk about this, I don’t know if the others notice it too or not. This is an old story but I can never forget those sparks in Kris hyung’s eyes when the first time he saw Choi Soojin nearly a decade ago.

 

Kris hyung is like a magnet for women. He attracts their attention without even trying. Wherever he goes, all the females’ attention will simply go to him. Even as a man, I need to admit that Kris hyung is incredibly handsome. He al

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter