21. Dilemma

Unintended
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

21. DILEMMA

 

Many times in life I’ve regretted for things I’ve said without thinking. But I’ve never regretted the things I said nearly as much as the words I left unspoken.

 

SEHUN

10 minutes had passed and I still remain motionless in front of the door to Luhan hyung’s apartment. I just stare blankly at the hardwood, clearly having no idea what I should do now. Should I tell Kris hyung what I got from my little visit to Park Chanyeol’s place awhile ago? Will Kris hyung be able to endure the heartbroken if he knows that Soojin noona works together with Park Chanyeol because she wants to get rid herself of him? Screw it. Will he even believe me if I tell him so?

 

I almost jump in surprise when the door suddenly swings open, revealing Luhan hyung figure. He has a small cut on the corner of his lips. He seems unpleasant. Apparently, he got into a fight with Kris hyung.

 

“How long have you been here, Sehun?” He asks, glancing up at me.

 

“Are you fighting with Kris hyung?” I shoot him a question without answering him first.

 

“He was gonna to throw another punch onto the mirror so I kicked him to stop him from doing so but then he got mad and punched me. I have to meet my fiancée tomorrow and he ruins my face. That big brat, tsk.” Luhan hyung answers, wiping the blood on his cut with the back of his hand.

 

“How is he now?”

 

“Kris was taken aback by his action. He quickly apologized to me but I pretended to look all upset and left the room. But when I turned my head for moments before I stepped through this door, he finally could sit properly on the couch. Seriously, he is no different with a seven years old irritating boy.”

 

“Hyung, I just returned from Park Chanyeol’s apartment.” I don’t know what I feel like telling Luhan hyung this. He raises his brows, obviously surprised. “I came here about an hour ago but none of you noticed my arrival and Jongdae hyung simply asked me to follow him to the kitchen when he caught me. I asked him Park Chanyeol’s address and I went there.”

 

“Did you meet him?” He asks right away. I simply nod.

 

“Did he let you to see Soojin and Daehyun?” He asks again.

 

“Soojin noona came out not long after Park Chanyeol opened the door for me.” I answer.

 

“Why don’t you bring them here with you? They are fine, aren’t they?”

 

“I didn’t see Daehyun but Soojin noona is perfectly fine.”

 

Luhan hyung his head to one side. His eyebrows are knitted together and I know that look very well. “Tell me, Sehun. I know you have a lot to say to me.”

 

“Hyung, what do you think will happen to Kris hyung if Soojin noona and Park Chanyeol get married? Will he be able to let her go if it is her own decision?” I ask nervously, trying to not so obvious.

 

“What are you trying to say, Oh Sehun?” Luhan hyung throws me a glare.

 

“Soorin told me that Soojin noona even encouraged her to fight for Kris hyung. She doesn’t want Soorin to divorce him. She might have forgiven him but she doesn’t want to accept him back.”

 

“But they have a son! We know that Kris did a stupid mistake in the past but he is trying to make it up to her. And also, I can see how Daehyun loves Kris even though he doesn’t know that Kris is his real father. There is no reason for Soojin to reject him. I hate to say this but I don’t think Kris will love Soorin. If they keep this marriage, it will just torture them both.”

 

“I don’t understand it either but I think it’s final. Soojin noona chose to back off because she doesn’t want Soorin and Kris hyung get divorced. Hyung, she is deadly serious about this. About the marriage that Park Chanyeol announced earlier to the reporters, he is not the only one behind it.”

 

“Hold on. Are you trying to say that she knows Park Chanyeol called the reporter to the hotel to capture her picture with Kris and their son in the restaurant in order to tell the world that she is actually still alive and she also knows that Park Chanyeol held the press conference deliberately to announce their marriage?”

 

“If she is married to Park Chanyeol then Kris hyung doesn’t have the chance to get her back. She once told Kris hyung that she was married to Park Chanyeol because she wanted him to give up on her but Kris hyung found her lying. I guess this time she wants to make it real because she knows that this is the only way to make Kris hyung stop chasing her.”

 

“Do you mean Soojin is teamed up with Park Chanyeol to reveal her own secret and everything is just a scenario they created together?” Luhan hyung asks in disbelief.

 

“That’s what he told me.”

 

“And you believe him? Was Soojin there when he told you about those s?”

 

“She was there and she said nothing to deny it.”

 

Luhan hyung runs his hand through his hair in frustration. “How could she do this? She loves Kris for God’s sake! If Soorin is the only reason behind it, I really can’t understand her. She absolutely knows that their marriage won’t work. Then what is the need of keeping the bond that can only hurt every one of them? Does she enjoy torturing herself or what?”

 

“Maybe she only wants Soorin to be happy.” I mutter quietly as I remember what she told me earlier. She must say something to Soojin noona and it made Soojin noona chose to sacrifice her own feeling. If it is true… gosh, I suddenly regret it saying such harsh words to her. I don’t have any right to judge her. If it is true then it is me who loves the wrong person.

 

“Is she really that desperate to be with Kris?” Luhan hyung scoffs.

 

For a single second, I really thought to tell her to stay away, leaving to a place where Kris couldn’t find her and their son… My selfishness will just torture them and I need to quiet being selfish but I don’t think that it will be this hard to let him go…

 

I bite my lower lip. What did she say to her sister? Was she begging her to leave Kris hyung? No. She won’t do it, right? Although she really loves Kris hyung, Soorin won’t have a heart to do such things to her sister. But is it possible if Soojin noona does it on her own will?

 

“Did she say anything to you? You seem drowning with your thoughts. Is it probably because you are remembering something?” Luhan hyung’s voice breaks my thoughts off.

 

“Hyung, we can’t judge anyone here.” I give him a look.

 

“Sehun, do you really think that Park Chanyeol didn’t lie to you?” He asks.

 

I narrow my eyes at him. “If he lied to me then Soojin noona must say something to deny it, right?”

 

You told me that it was your idea to bring me and Daehyun here. You told me that Yifan doesn’t know we are here. You even told me that Yifan doesn’t call you.

 

Soojin noona’s voice penetrates my mind out of nowhere.

 

I think you don’t need to pretend anymore, Soojin. Is it really obvious to you that we deliberately created this drama? Soojin told me that she is tired of him. She wants him to leave her. She wants him to quit being selfish and stop chasing her because he has a wife now. As someone who loves her, I just want to help her. She thinks that if she is married then Kris will stop bothering her so like what you heard before, we are going to get married soon.

 

It is Park Chanyeol’s voice invading my mind now. God, who should I believe?

 

“Oh Sehun, I’m not a mind reader. You should tell me what’s going on your mind and stop staring at me with your bewildering gaze.” Luhan hyung snarls.

 

“I’m confused. I asked Soojin noona why her phone is not active then she told me that she accidentally broke her phone. I told her that we tried to call Park Chanyeol for countless time but he simply didn’t pick up our calls. She looked surprised then she asked me if Kris hyung knows that she is in Seoul. I thought that she was pretending. I blabbered and my tone was rather harsh. I also accused her working together with Park Chanyeol in creating this mess.

 

“I can tell that she was surprised to hear my accusation. Then she said these things about Park Chanyeol telling her that it was his idea to bring her and Daehyun to Seoul, about Park Chanyeol telling her that Kris hyung doesn’t know that she is here, about Park Chanyeol telling her that Kris hyung doesn’t try to call him.

 

“There was a brief silence before he replied. He told her to stop pretending before he looked at me. He said that Soojin noona is tired

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter