14. A Man Can Hope

Unintended
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

14. A MAN CAN HOPE

 

My daddy said, that the first time you fall in love, it changes you forever and no matter how hard you try, that feeling just never goes away.

 

The girl continued crying as the boys didn’t stop mocking her, telling her that her parents didn’t actually loved her and that’s why they didn’t come. Today was Parents’ Day and there was a special event held in the school where all the students came with their parents and paired up with them during the games. But ever since her first year, her parents never came to celebrate the Parents’ Day together with her. She knew that it was because they were just too busy with their business and not because they didn’t love her. She just couldn’t help but crying when she saw all her friends got the chance to spend the happy time together with their parents. She was envy.

 

“Do you guys have no shame of making a girl cries?” A voice, sharp and firm, came from behind her and soon the boys stopped teasing her. “Apologize to her.” He ordered.

 

“Forgive us. Please forget what we were telling you.” The boys said in unison then took their leave as soon as they could. But the girl didn’t stop cry, making her knight frowned. He walked to her and kneeled in front of her, watching her carefully.

 

“The reason why the boys like to tease a girl is because the girl is easily to cry. If you don’t want the boys to make fun of you, you should stop crying.” He said softly, hoping his words would make the young lady stopped crying.

 

She wiped her tears with the back of her hands. “Thank you for helping me.”

 

“Your parents love you. Don’t listen to them.” He replied while patting her head gently.

 

The girl glanced up to see him. His friendly smile warmed her heart in one most comforting way. “You heard anything they said to me?”

 

The boy nodded his head. “I thought they would stop when you started crying but they kept mocking you. I didn’t like what they did to you so I came to stop them.”

 

“What did you do here? Are you not playing with your parents?”

 

“My parents don’t come. I don’t even know in which country they are today. The last time I checked, they were in Moscow. They have a lot of works. There is no way they will come to play with me.”

 

And for the first time in her life the girl felt that she’s not the one who felt lonely and abandoned because her parents were never there for her since they were too busy with their companies.

 

“I know what you feel. You are not alone in this case.” The boy smiled at her.

 

“You are not sad?” The girl gave him a look.

 

“I’m sad but crying won’t bring them to me.” The boy replied. “I can be your friend so you won’t feel lonely anymore. How does it sound?”

 

“Really?” The girl’s eyes gleamed with excitement.

 

“Of course. But first of all, I want you to smile for me.”

 

The girl raised her brows. She gave him a long look before she took a deep breath. The corner of her lips slowly curled up, rewarding him with a most beautiful smile he had ever seen in his life.

 

“That’s better. You look so pretty when you’re smiling.” He said sincerely and the girl’s face turned scarlet because of the compliment. “I believe you are younger than me. I want you to call me oppa. Yifan oppa.”

 

But what they did not know was there’s no second encounter for them on the next day because the boy was transferred to a new school in Canada since his father expanded their business there. If only he knew that there would be a separation between them, he would ask for her name. But no one knew what would happen in the future so he thought he would have another chance to ask for her name later. And because the young Yifan missed one simple yet most important thing from their very first encounter, he never realized how obvious the fate gave them chance to be together since the very beginning.

 

 

SOORIN

I feel my body become rigid when I open the door to my room only to find Kris standing before me with his eyes regarding me intensely. It is not like I don’t expect him to find out that I come here. Since his friends know that I’m here, then Kris will know it too sooner or later. I just don’t expect him to come so early in the morning. Or… he actually just knew and went here right away after the news reached his ears? My heartbeat start to accelerate at the thought of him will throw his tantrum at me. He must be freaking mad and think that I’m extra pathetic.

 

“What are you doing here, Soorin?” Kris asks strictly, but surprisingly he doesn’t look fierce. He just continues watching me with his scrutinizing gaze, making my mouth dry. He takes steps forward and I reflexively do the opposite movement. He closes the door behind him then crosses his arms in front of his chest as he waits me to answer his question.

 

“Are you following me here?” He asks again since I remain silent.

 

“Kris, I-I can explain t-this.” I reply, stuttering. It is true that I’m following him here but I don’t think he will be pleased if I tell him the truth. I don’t know why I feel like coming here but since he seems having a secret, the inquisitiveness eats me up.

 

“Soorin, I thought I made it clear to you that I will never return your feeling.” He says firmly, making me feel a pang in my heart, but suddenly I hear him sighing. It’s probably because my face looks sad or something similar after he said it. Kris takes steps closer toward me.

 

“Don’t you think you deserve someone better than me?” Kris asks with the softest tone I have ever heard from him. He gazes at me sadly with guiltiness and contrition fills his eyes. I stare at him quietly as I don’t understand why he becomes like this all of the sudden. I thought he would get mad and yelled at me when he found out that I come here.

 

“Are you not mad?” I can’t think any other question.

 

To my surprise, Kris shakes his head. “Why should I? You’re here already. I can do nothing to send you back as well. If there is someone who is more stubborn than me, she is probably you.”

 

Am I dreaming? There is no way Kris can talk to me this way, without his usual harsh and icy tone. After Jongin, now Kris is also talking to me nicely. What actually is happening? Are the last two days let’s-be-nice-to-Soorin day or what? Well, it is not like I don’t like him being nice to me. I always wish for him to treat me nicely. I’m his wife after all. I deserve it, don’t I?

 

“Kris, are you really not mad?” I ask him once again.

 

He his head to one side. “Do you want me to be mad?”

 

I furrow my eyebrows. He always answers a question with another question. “No.”

 

“I told you that I’m sorry, didn’t I? What is the point of telling you so if in the end I do the same mistake? That’s not very thoughtful, you know?” He replies calmly, still wearing his soft tone and his sad gaze. So, he really meant it, uh?

 

“Does it mean you will treat me nicely from now on?”

 

“I will try my best.” He says hesitantly. “I have been so unfair towards you for the whole two year

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter