10. Half of Two

Unintended
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

10. HALF OF TWO

 

What does it matter that my love couldn’t keep her. The night is full of stars and she is not with me.  

 

KRIS

“Yes, and Park Chanyeol is my husband.”

 

As the words escape , I don’t know which is better now; knowing that Soojin is still alive but she is married to another man or forever living in the ignorance of her existence. It feels like the air is out from my respiratory system and I will die very soon from this suffocating. It feels like the sun will never rise up again and I will be living in the darkness forever.

 

This is surely the moment I have been waiting since forever; the moment where I can finally meet her again and prove that what I have been thinking all of this time about her still living somewhere is true, the moment where I feel my world finally stops again. I really didn’t expect that this moment also can bring me to the depths of my despair because even though she is still all alive, I will never ever have the chance to be with her. She is someone else’s now.

 

“I see…” My voice comes out as a mere whisper and I can’t hide the pain in it. “Is he the man who is treating Daehyun for an ice cream now?”

 

She nods. “He is playing a good role as a father for Daehyun.”

 

It feels like having an arrow pierced right onto my heart. I know I have no right to protest because I have never been there for them through every hardship. But seeing a stranger takes my place and claims what’s supposed to be mine, I can’t help but having this bitterness run through my veins.

 

“So, Daehyun acknowledges him as his father?” I mutter sourly.

 

Soojin raises her brows then her lips nervously. I my head to the side, trying to get into her mind. Why does she look uneasy all of the sudden?

 

“Yes.” She replies briefly.

 

I narrow my eyes at her. She starts playing with her shirt as she glances down to her fingers, and that’s when I notice something strange; there is no wedding ring around her ring finger. If she is really married, she should wear the ring, shouldn’t she?

 

“Soojin, I’m sorry but I will say that I smell a lie here.” I say sharply.

 

“I’m not lying to you.” She answers almost immediately, a bit too defensive.

 

“Where is your wedding ring?” I ask while staring at her with my scrutinizing gaze.

 

“Are you trying to say that I’m lying about my marriage?” She glares at me.

 

“It can’t be less true. So, where is your wedding ring?” I challenge her.

 

Soojin immediately takes something from her pocket and puts it around her finger before lifting her hand up to front of my face. “This! Can you see this?” She raises her voice.

 

I look away as the little hope in me vanishes into the thin air. Oh yes, I secretly believe that she was lying to me about her marriage with that Chanyeol guy. I know that I’m being selfish here but if she isn’t married then I will get another chance to have a happy ending with her.

 

“Can you leave now?” Her voice breaks the pregnant silence between us. “You can come here again later if you want to meet Daehyun but I don’t want to see you right now.”

 

“I’m sorry, Soojin. I don’t mean to hurt you.” I reply regretfully.

 

“Stop saying sorry, Yifan. I said that I forgave you already.” She says tiredly.

 

I close my eyes for a while, silently blaming myself for my selfishness. “I will leave now. Take care of yourself, will you? Eat well and don’t overwork yourself. Tell Daehyun I will come to see him again later. See you next time, Soojin.”

 

Soojin nods her head but she says nothing. With a heavy heart, I whirl around and walk out of the place. You know what? It feels like something is missing. It feels like I leave something behind, with her. I shove my hand into my pocket, taking out my phone to call a certain someone. After the fourth ringing, he finally picks up my call.

 

“Find anything you can get about this man named Park Chanyeol and report it to me as soon as possible.”

 

 

SEHUN

“Soorin is here.” I say quietly and gain incredulous looks from my three friends.

 

“You did not just say that Choi Soorin is ing here, did you?” Jongin counters in a low voice.

 

“Language, Jongin. And yes, I did say that Soorin is here. In Jeju. Staying at the same hotel with us. Right next to Kris hyung’s room to be exact.”I reply while leaning back against the comfy couch.

 

“Why do you invite her here? Are you idiot or what?” Jongdae hyung growls while running his hand through his unruly hair.

 

“I’m not inviting her, okay?” I groan in displease, obviously insulted by the way he accused me. “I didn’t even expect her to come because I never told her about this vacation.”

 

“Kris himself mentioned that we would go to Jeju yesterday when he asked me to call Minseok and Soorin was there to hear everything.” Luhan hyung spoke up while patting my shoulder to comfort me. He sends me a gaze, telling me with a silent gesture to control my anger.

 

“But I don’t get it why Soorin can think that it’s necessary for her to come here. I mean, it isn’t like Kris hyung expects to see her. I bet he will just take a flight back when he finds out about her coming.” Jongin slumps his shoulder as he leans back against the sofa.

 

“Seriously, you guys really need to stop hating her.” I mumble quietly.

 

“We don’t hate her, Sehun. How many times we should tell you about this? It is her who always takes everything we said negatively and starts the argument. Sometimes, I really don’t understand how you can get along so well with her.”

 

“You just need to know her better then you will find out that she is actually a nice girl, Jongin.”

 

“I’m not saying she is a bad girl. She is just far from my ideal type.”

 

“Soojin noona is your ideal type. You don’t have to repeat it over and over again, Jongin.”

 

“I think a woman like her is close to every man’s ideal type. She is beautiful. She is smart. She is warm. She is nice. She is well-mannered. She is-”

 

“… she is filial. She is independent. She is awesome. She is perfect. What else?” I cut Jongin off. “But no. She is not my perfect girl. I admit that I was also in awe with her. I mean, who won’t be? But don’t you think that someone like her is actually a bit boring?”

 

None of them reply me this time. The three of them just stare at me with their scrutinizing gazes instead of saying something to debate my remark, making me suddenly nervous for them to get the wrong idea of my previous state

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter