150114 (II)

Last January
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
15 January 2014

Yura felt the cool breeze hit her as she went outside the police station. She pulled her sweater tighter around her. The police just called her this morning, and said that she needed to complete some death registration and take her deceased brother belongings. The police actually asked for their parents but she hasn't met her mother in years and her father won't come. He's either too busy with his work as always or maybe ashamed.

A son of a large company died due to suicide.

Suicide.

Yura gulped the lump in and pushed that thought away. She still didn't understand why her brother attempted to take his own life. Because she knew no matter how bad the situation was, her brother was always the strong one and suicide was not something that suited him.

Yura tried to pull herself together before she started walking away from police station and stopped by nearest cafè.

The cafe surroundings was warm and nice. Its small and not too crowded. Yura leaned against the wooden back of the chair as she waited for her food to come. She looks around, gazing at the people who chatted happily, her heart as empty as her stare. She really needs someone right now, to be exact she need Jongin.

She called Jongin today and planned to ask him to accompany her to the police station but he cut her off before she finished it.

She understands that Jongin is as depressed as her too. Leaving behind by someone who important to you, it's something that unbearable but maybe if they shared their sadness and get it through together, it will be easier. Furthermore, they are engaged, aren't they? and Yura loves him so much and he knows it.

A phone rang, interrupting Yura's thoughts. She checked her phone but the sound did not come from there. Her eyes gazed over the table and fixed at her deceased brother belongings. She opened it and the sound became louder.

Her deceased brother's phone.

A call.

From Jongin.

Hesitantly she answered it and pressed the phone against her ear.

"Hyung, I’m still at your apartment waiting for you to comeback. Hyung I'm so sorry. You shouldn't have died like that. I'm so sorry, please comeback and help me. I can’t stand this pain. When you died you passed all the pain to me."

Yura held her breath when she heard Jongin sob from the other side.

"Hyung maybe it's too late but I love you" Jongin said in hushed tone full of sincerity and affection.

Yura showed a bewildered expression, agape in shock. Her mind tried to process what she has just heard.

Jongin loves her brother.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter