Chapter 40

My Gangster

Chapter 40

 

Before I could even react, Jae Hyun grabbed my wrist and pulled me away from the crowd and from the cafeteria. We went outback to the farthest hallway, making sure no one would be following. When no one was around, he let go of my wrist and ran a hand through his hair as he was really frustrated about something, which I didn't understand why. Jae Hyun had the chance to kiss me, but he didn't take it and the crowd had thought he had kissed me; the crowd was going crazy for nothing. I quickly wiped my face with the back of my hand and waited for him to say something, but there was only silence between us.

"Why... Why didn't you kiss me?" I asked this even though I'm glad he didn't kiss me.

"You tell me, Ahn Soo Jin. How the hell am I supposed to kiss a girl who's crying?" Jae Hyun placed his hands on his hips with an irritated facial expression. "Do you know how that makes me feel?"

"I don't understand what you're talking about." I raised my eyebrow at him. "You've done worse things. What's stopping you now?"

"I've done worse things? Yeah, I guess you could say I've gone and broken other girl's heart and not care. Yeah, I've kissed girls who were crying, not because I wanted to, but because I thought I could get something out of them." Jae Hyun heaved a sigh. "But you're different! I can't just kiss you when I see that you're crying."

Wow, was I really taken aback. "What are you talking about?"

"Don't be stupid, Soo Jin! I know that Se Hun is in love with you already, so why are you trying to lie to me and everyone else?" He asked staring at me. "He was with you for three ing months, damn it!"

I was still confused. My mouth was ajar, trying to process all this in. "I don't get it... What does three months have to do anything?"

"You really know nothing about love, Soo Jin." He shook his head at me, as if I was stupid. "Even I'm in love with you!"

Okay. Now my really mouth fell. I stared at Jae Hyun and shook my head a couple of times. Was I hearing this right? Did Jae Hyun, Choi Jae Hyun, the guy I hate, just confess that he was in love with me? Choi Jae Hyun... Me... Ahn Soo Jin... What in the world... That rung a bell in my head. That's why Jae Hyun had said, "Someone is falling in love right now." Wow, was this getting weirder and weirder. I didn't know what to do. This was all too much in just a week!

"Jae Hyun, you're out of your mind. You can't be in love with me." I shook my head with a small laugh. "That's impossible."

"I've always liked you, Soo Jin. Believe it or not, I've always liked you. I don't know why I teased you, but maybe it was because that was the only way I could come talk to you because I was always so nervous." He sat down on a chair that was in the hallway and rested his eblows on his knees as he leaned forward. "That's why I wanted to stop this stupid bet. I wanted to stop it when I saw that Se Hun was going around and protecting you... Seeing another guy protect you... You know how frustrating that is?" He looked up at me with saddened eyes. "And you... Seeing you fall in love with him... It hurt."

Someone, pinch me right now. This cannot be happening. How is it even possible that Jae Hyun had liked me? The way we treated each other would have never showed that he had any interest in me at all!

"I liked you because you weren't like every other girl out there trying to come at me. At least you acted normal and you were still nice to me every now and then... Even if you showed some hatred towards me..." Jae Hyun sat up straight and blew out a sigh. "If I'm in love with you, there's no way that Se Hun's not in love with you."

"Se Hun's not in love with me." I scoffed. "And you can't be in love with me either. It's not possible."

"For heaven's sake, Ahn Soo Jin! Listen to yourself! You can't tell us who we fall in love with!" Jae Hyun stood up angrily and growled at me. "Do you not know how it feels like to be in love? Do you?! I'm sure you're in love with Se Hun, but you're in denial. Why? I don't know, but you are! I'm in love with you and so is Se Hun. There's no doubt about it." He walked closer to me, causing me to hit the wall behind me. "Don't even say that we're just in lust or that we're just imagining it because we know our own feelings, Soo Jin. We know when we're in love."

I couldn't believe anything he was saying to me. It was just too hard to believe. The guy I had hated was in love with me. 

"If I ever get the chance to kiss you again, I'm going to take it, but it's only if you're not heartbroken from whatever is hurting you." Jae Hyun was giving me the same stare that he had given me back in the cafeteria after he pulled back.

I only stared at him. How would he know how I was feeling?

"It's too bad I didn't get to take your first kiss from you." He added after a few seconds, catching me off guard.

"What? You knew that Se Hun and I kissed?" I asked raising an eyebrow at him. "Did you see us?"

"God, Soo Jin, you really do know nothing about falling love." He shook his head at me and chuckled. 

With that, Jae Hyun left me in the hallway. I watched as he disappeared into a different hallway. When I realized that I was really alone, I sat down and heaved a sigh. It was weird to think that Jae Hyun really did know a lot about love and that after these three months of waiting to kiss me, he still didn't get to. I always thought of him as a jerk, no brainer guy who only hurts girls, but when he truly did like someone, he couldn't bear to do something to make the other person feel worse. For the first time in my life, Choi Jae Hyun wasn't bad and he was now off my hitlist...

 

 

After school, I went back home and changed into comfortable clothes before I headed out to the store to buy a few things to eat. I got into the taxi after I had bought food and went to the hopsital. While I walked to where I wanted to go, I could feel my heart become heavier with every step. I was nervous and scared and everything you could imagine at that moment. My grip around the bag that was filled with food felt like it was going to rip at any second. I don't know why I was feeling this way, but I guess it was because I felt really uncomfortable being here, as if I didn't belong here.

When I stood in front of the door, I raised my arm to knock on the door, but I stopped and heaved a sigh. Should I even be here? I didn't know what to do, but I guess since I was here already, I mind as well. Just as I was about to knock on the door, the door swung open and there stood Lee Yoo Ra. I put my hand back down to my side and I suddenly became uncomfortable to even more uncomfortable. She closed the door behind her and walked over to a seat a few doors down so we wouldn't be near the room. I guess this was kind of my cue to follow her.

"What are you doing here?" Yoo Ra asked as she crossed her arms and stared at me.

"I brought food." I raised the bag of food in my hand. "I thought he would be hungry."

"I already brought him food so you don't have to worry. Besides, the two of you shouldn't even be talking anymore. You don't need to be here, Ahn Soo Jin." She pursed her lips together and sniffled.

"I didn't want to come here, but I thought I'd be thoughtful." She was starting to piss me off. Who is she to tell me where to be? "I just wanted to see if he was doing okay."

"Thoughtful? You're the reason why he's in here. You have no good reason to be here and I'm sure he wouldn't be happy to look at the sight that put him through all this right now." She scoffed. "Like you even really cared, Soo Jin. If you honestly cared, he wouldn't have been here in the first place. This is what I was talking about." Yoo Ra rolled her eyes at me, making me want to punch her across the face, but I could only mentally do it in my mind. "I told you, you were only going to hurt him. What a burden you are, Ahn Soo Jin. If you've left earlier, he wouldn't have been there to save you."

She was right.

"I don't think he wants to see you right now so you should leave before you make things even worse than they are." Yoo Ra brushed past my shoulder before she started to walk away. "Don't ever show up in front of him again." She stopped in her tracks and turned around to look at me. "I'll take care of him from now."

I watched helplessly as Yoo Ra walked away from me and disappeared down the hallway. I sat down on the chair that we were standing by and placed the food next to me. As I leaned back against the wall behind me, I closed my eyes and blew out a sigh. How stupid was I to think that I should come here? I didn't deserve to come here after what had happened. I'm so stupid. I started to hit my forehead and shake my head. Just as I was about to get up, I heard a sound beside me and the seat felt like it moved. I looked over and saw Chan Yeol, Baek Hyun, and Kai sitting next to me.

"Ugh. I was starving!" Kai said as he picked up the bag of food that was beside me. "Can I eat some?"

"Yah." Baek Hyun hit Kai's head. "Don't be so rude!"

"Go ahead." I managed to smile even though it was hard. "I brought it for you guys anyways."

"Thanks Soo Jin." Chan Yeol grabbed the bag from Kai. "We were almost going to eat hospital food because we were that hungry."

"I told you guys to eat at lunch." Baek Hyun shook his head. "But I guess no one really ate today, huh?" He stared over at me. "What are you doing here?"

"I have a relative here." I said quickly, hoping that it would sound convincing because I really at lying.

"But you brought food for us instead?" Kai raised his eyebrow at me.

"No, I already gave them food." I answered. "I'm about to leave."

"You're not going to go see Se Hun?" Chan Yeol asked as he put the chopsticks into his mouth and bit the ends of it.

"No." I stood up from the chair and stared at them. "I don't need to talk to him."

"How was the kiss anyway?" Kai asked.

"Yah." Baek Hyun hit Kai's head again. "Didn't I just get done telling you to not be rude?"

"Hey, everyone was there. I had to ask." Kai shrugged.

"Amazing." I said as I bid goodbye and turned around to walk off.

I heard Baek Hyun scoff.

"Thanks for the food!" Chan Yeol yelled before I turned the corner.

Once I was out of sight, I blew out a breath, hoping that it would relieve a little stress, which it didn't. I leaned against the wall and felt the tears b in my eyes. I tried to blink them away, but one managed to escape and I started to cry. I wiped my tears and tried to get a hold of myself, but it really didn't work. I had to get out of the hospital right now before anyone would see me. As I made my way towards the entrance of the hospital, I saw Yoo Ra standing by the reception desk asking questions. I hid my face with my hair and walked by just to hear what she was asking.

"How could you tell me that he was in that room when clearly, he had changed his room?" That meant that she didn't even see Se Hun and that the room was emptied, that's why she came out. "What? You're telling me that he won't let anyone know where he's rooming?" I laughed as I made my way out.

I guess I'm not the only one who won't be able to see him today. Even still, I hope that stupid gangster kid was recovering well.

 

 


 

**A/N: Ugh. Sorry guys! This was a horrible update, but an update is an update, right? I wish I could have made this better :( Oh. And just to add, no, Se Hun did not pull Jae Hyun back, he is in the hospital. Lol. I love how you all thought that. BUT!! Did you guys see the pictures of our boys? I'm going crazy!! Eeeek! I hope none of their scalps are horribly burnt! But uh, enjoy reading this update. Sorry for blabbering. LOL. Also, I have another story that's going to come soon after I finish this one. It's called Goodbye Autumn. It features Chenchen <3 But note that I won't be posting until I'm done with this story though, but please still support and read :D. Please read and comment. I'd love to hear about your opinions, so please don't be a silent readerThank you and read with lots of love! Keke~! Muah!