Chapter 29

My Gangster

Chapter 29

 

After school, I made my way to Se Hun's place. I stood in front of his house, debating whether or not I should go in. I didn't know how he would feel about me just showing up without saying anything, but he was sick and that was a good reason to come, right? I don't know why I was acting like this, but it's not like my feelings right now really mattered. I was just about to knock on his door when the door swung open and I saw Lee Yoo Ra standing in front of me. Her eyes were watery, her cheeks and nose were red, and she was sniffling. She must have been crying from the way she looked. I awkwardly led my hand back down to my side and bit my lip, trying to keep myself from saying anything.

"What are you doing here?" Yoo Ra asked me as she closed the door behind her and wiped off the last tear that was one her cheek.

"Oh... I... I came to give Se Hun his homework..." I tried to avoid her eyes because things were getting really awkward, especially because I told her that I would get out of her's and Se Hun's life and because I told her Se Hun and I weren't in that kind of relationship. I'm sure she was wondering why the hell I was there if I had said all of those things. Even I couldn't bring myself to explain why I was there.

"You shouldn't be here." She scoffed. "He doesn't want to see anyone today."

"Oh... Well, I can't really help it. I have to give him his homework..." Jung Ah was right; I was bad at lying.

"Who are you to him if you're not dating him?" She crossed her arms and took a step towards me. "I don't want to come off as rude," Ahem, you already came off as rude the first moment we met... Not that I noticed or anything. "but I know that you've been hanging around him a lot lately."

"We're just friends." I actually didn't even know if we were friends. We never really talked about what we were, but I mean, we weren't anything, right? "And we go to the same school; that's it." I should have told her that we didn't even attend the same class together, but that was my excuse to why I was there. I was supposebly give him his "homework"

That had me thinking, does this stupid gangster kid even do homework? Ah, the questions I have unanswered...

"You should keep your word, Ahn Soo Jin. If you're going to get out of his life, at least start now." She scoffed as she glared at me. "Don't think that I'll let your actions go in the future. Know where you stand."

Yoo Ra angrily brushed past me and disappeared down the road. I was still standing in front of Se Hun's house. Gosh, I would have done anything to get back at her for angrily accusing me of things and brushing my shoulders when I've done nothing wrong to her. Why was I surrounded with these type of people? I shook my head, trying to get my anger out. I knocked on the door finally and waited for Se Hun to open the door, but after a few minutes, there was nothing. I tried twisting the door knob and to my surprise, it was unlocked. I opened the door slowly, creaking it open a little and peaked in to see if he was around, but he wasn't.

I stepped into the house and could smell that soup was already made. I closed the door behind me and decided not to lock it. Why? I don't know, but maybe he left it open so maybe I should too. I took my shoes off and looked around his living room; he wasn't here at all. I put my bag down on the couch and made my way up the stairs and to his room, just like I remembered it. When I got up to his room, I saw that his door was slightly opened. I peaked my head in and saw his body lying on his bed. I held the door knob quietly and stood there, taking a deep breath before knocking slightly on the door. He didn't even budge. Goodness. Was this gangster kid not afraid of people barging into his house?

"Se Hun?" I said it quietly because if he was sleeping, I didn't want to disturb him.

Se Hun looked so still when I made my way over to his bed. I reached out and was about to touch him, but I held my hand in the air, deciding if it was a good idea or not. I had no clue what to do. What if he was sleeping and I was disturbing him? How annoying would that be? I leaned forward to get a closer look, but I ended up losing my balance and fell over onto him. God. I am an idiot, like Se Hun would say. Why didn't my dumb self just go to the other side of the bed and check instead of doing this. I turned my head to look over at him and saw that his eyes were opened and he was just staring at me.

I froze in place, not even realizing that my legs were on top of the side of his body and my body was twisted so I was lying on my back, but my head was turned towards him. This was one of the most awkward encounters ever with Se Hun and being here right now made me realize that I should just be stabbed and killed right now rather than be in this position. And what makes it even worse is that Se Hun was just staring at me. He didn't say anything and this silence was killing it. I quickly removed my legs and was just about to get up, but his hand wrapped around my forearm and he pulled me back down onto the bed.

"Don't go..." His voice was so soothing and low.

Okay. So now... My heart... I swear on my life, was seriously going crazy. My breathing was starting to become rapid and I could feel the sweat forming on my body. I have never felt so nervous in my life before. Even when Se Hun kissed me before, that didn't even compare to how I felt right at this moment. I mean, yeah, I've been on the same bed as him before, but the way he was acting towards me was making my heart flutter like crazy. Great. I'm going to make a fool of myself. I quickly sat up and fanned myself after turning my body away from him. I didn't want him to see how stupid I looked.

"I... I... I just... I just came to check up on you..." Wow. How stupid did I sound right now? How could I be stuttering at a time like this? I was making the atmosphere even more awkward than it already was. "I didn't know you were sick."

"It's your fault." He groaned.

I turned my attention towards him and bit my lip. "How is it my fault?"

"It's because you wouldn't go back to the hotel and you kept going out in the cold!" Se Hun growled as he turned his body around to lie on his back. "If we had gone back, I wouldn't have gotten sick."

"I didn't tell you to follow me!" I shot back angrily. How could this stupid gangster kid blame his sickness on me? When did I ever ask him to follow me around Busan?! "Maybe you should have gone back to the hotel and stay there. If you would have just-"

Se Hun slapped his hand onto my mouth and yanked me back down onto the bed. I tried to push his hand off of my mouth, but damn, his strength was so strong. I couldn't even push his arm off of me. I gave up and laid there angrily. How was he going to shut me up like this? I looked over at him and saw that his eyes were already closed.

"Yah..." I mumbled through his hand.

"Shhh..." He didn't even budge his eyes open.

I decided not to argue with him anymore. There was no point and I knew for sure that he wasn't going to let my mouth go until he was fast asleep. I didn't know how long it took him to fall asleep because I found myself falling asleep. After half an hour, his hand finally loosened from my mouth. I reached over and lightly touched his forehead. He was burning hot. Goodness, this stupid gangster really was sick. I slowly moved his hand off of my face and rolled off the bed, away from him. I didn't want him grabbing me and pulling me down again.

I made my way down to his kitchen and looked around his kitchen for his medicine. While I was doing so, I boiled some hot water. After not finding any medicine, I shut the stove off and grabbed my bag from his couch. I had to go buy medicine as soon as possible. I went to the nearest convenient store and bought the medicine and ran back to his house as quickly as I could. When I got back inside, I saw Lu Han, Chan Yeol, Baek Hyun, and Kai. It looked like they had just gotten there.

"Oh? Did you just get here?" Chan Yeol asked as he took his jacket off.

"Actually... I... I was here earlier, but I had to go buy medicine." I raised up the plastic bag that I was holding in my hands.

"Phew. We were going to buy it on our way here." Baek Hyun blew out a sigh.

"I... I just came to drop off the medicine." I walked over and handed the bag to Lu Han since he was the closest to me. "I boiled hot water so he should drink it with the medicine; it'll cool his fever down faster."

"Thanks Soo Jin." Lu Han took the bottle of medicine out of the bag and smiled.

"You really do your know stuff, huh?" Kai smirked at me. "I guess you're not so bad after all."

I scoffed with a smile. "I'm not first in academics for nothing." I looked at them and bit my lip. "I guess... I guess I'll see you guys later. I have to go home..."

"Thanks Soo Jin... Again." Lu Han pressed his lips together.

Before I left, I nodded my head at all of them and went out the door.That stupid gangster kid better get well.

 

 

I ended up going to the hospital before heading home. I had to get my stitches out. It's been awhile since I've touched it. It healed a little quicker than the first time, but it had the worse bruise possible; maybe because I fell over when I was in Busan, but at least my stitches could be out again. The doctor reapplied medicine on it and wrapped it once again, making sure that there were no bad aftermath affects after I've left home. 

When I got home, I jumped onto my bed and laid down. I looked over at my arm and laughed. Weird thought, but this scar that was going to form onto my arm was something that was going to be memory I will never forget. It's always going to remind me of Se Hun saving me from stupid bastards who think it's okay to cut a girl. I don't know if it was a good thing or not that I was going to be reminded of that stupid gangster kid, but for now... I guess I'll accept it. 

I took out my phone and looked at the date and time. I didn't even realize it, but when I went to go check the calender, I realized that I only had three weeks left of my bet. Great. Why did I tell Yoo Ra that I'll be getting out of their lives? Whatever. She can suffer just a few weeks more, right? Wait... I can't do that anymore... The whole school thinks that Yoo Ra's actually Se Hun's girlfriend and if I try to make Se Hun fall in love with me... That would cause me a bad reputation. Great. Stupid stupid stupid. What am I going to do now?

 

 


 

**A/N: Sorry for not updating for the weekend, but here's a small update for all my lovely subbies! I just wanted to let you all know how happy I am that I'm getting more and more subscribers and how I got upvotes! It makes me happy that people are interested in my story <3 Thank you very much! Hahah. Other than that, I just wanted to let you all know I'm not going to post up my next chapter for about a week or so. I'm just letting you all know so you guys don't anticipate it too much. I'm busy with exams and papers to write so I'm sorry :( But to also keep you guys occupied, go read my chingu's/dongsaeng's story! It's called When Love Knocks You Down. It's her first story that features ToppDogg, so don't be too harsh on her! Also, I have another story that's going to come soon after I finish this one. It's called Goodbye Autumn. It features Chenchen <3 But note that I won't be posting until I'm done with this story though, but please still support and read :D. Please read and comment. I'd love to hear about your opinions, so please don't be a silent readerThank you and read with lots of love! Keke~! Muah!