Chapter 22

My Gangster

Chapter 22

 

Everyone was waiting outside of the school with their suitcases and dufflebags for the buses to arrive. We were all waiting to go to Busan since our school had thought it'd be a good idea for fourth years and because we deserved it. It was cold out that Monday morning and everyone was complaining about it, but everyone was dressed up nicely; no one was wearing their school uniforms so it was odd seeing everyone look so... Normal, if you would put it that way. It was as if we weren't going on a school trip, but actually choosing to be with each other to go somewhere together. Even Jung Ah kind of looked nice without her uniform; she actually showed people her sense of style. And me? I looked... Plain. Like usual.

I looked around at all of my classmates around and examined them. A few looked like they were excited, some looked bored and didn't care that they were going, and another group looked like they wanted to leave, but it seemed like they rather do this than school work. That's the only reason why I'm going; I didn't want to stay at school and do homework when I could be going out and having fun even if that meant that it was with the school. Just as I was about to look down from staring at everyone, I saw Se Hun and his friends standing behind all of us. Our eyes didn't meet, but I'm sure he knew I was staring at him. That stupid gangster kid was like a ninja.

"I wonder if we'll get to choose our roommates for the hotel." Jung Ah slung her arm around my shoulders, making me look back at her. "I don't want to be stuck with these annoying girls."

"I don't care who I room with." I shrugged. "As long as I get my own bed, I'll be okay."

"What about me?!" Jung Ah hit my bad arm, making me flinch. "Omo... Soo Jin... I'm so sorry."

"Damn it, Jung Ah!" I yelled at her and squeezed my arm as I bent down in pain. "It's not healed yet."

"I'm so sorry, Soo Jin..." Jung Ah bent down and patted my back. "I forgot about about your arm."

"I hate you." I looked at her and rolled my eyes. "If my arm doesn't heal, I'm going to kick you in the face!" I stood up and rubbed my arm some more before I hit her back ten times harder, making her yelp in pain. "We're even."

"Aish..." She hissed under her breath as she started to rub her arm.

"Ah, Ahn Soo Jin, what if we roomed together for this trip?" Jae Hyun stood in front of me and smirked. "What if we were just that lucky?"

"No one wants to share a room with you." I rolled my eyes and turned my attention towards something else.

"But I want to room with you." He took a step towards me, as if the two feet wasn't enough for him. "Oh, don't think that it's because I like you, Soo Jin." I only rolled my eyes, not caring. "It's because I want to see how Se Hun would react."

I was now glaring at him. "What?"

"There's only about four weeks left, Soo Jin." Jae Hyun started to tap his wrist, as if there was a watch hanging there. "You better start making a move soon before things end quickly and our lips meet."

"That won't happen." I scoffed.

"Look at how quick these two months left us." Jae Hyun looked up at the sky and then back at me. "These few weeks that are left will go by like nothing."

"Get out of here before I kick you." I rolled my eyes. "You're disgusting."

"Not for long." He winked at me before leaving my sight.

"Tell me how these girls at our school like him?" Jung Ah asked rolling her eyes. "He's so... Weird."

"And disgusting." I added.

"Don't worry kids, the bus should be here soon." My homeroom teacher clapped her hands together and walked around to take attendance. When she got up to me, she stopped and smiled at me. "Thanks Ahn Soo Jin. You were a really great help for this trip." She marked my name down and looked back at me. "If it wasn't for you, the other teachers would probably still be looking for a hotel." She patted my shoulders and went on after I nodded my head at her.

 

 

The bus finally arrived and everyone cheered happily since it meant that we wouldn't have to stay out in the cold any longer. The bus driver got off and started to pack up our bags into the bus. Jung Ah and I got on the bus after a few people and went up to the second level to find a seat. As we looked around, I saw that a lot of my classmates were sitting up front. Why? Because when I looked farther, I saw that Se Hun and his friends were all sitting in the back. I shook my head with a smile. Why were people still so scared of this kid?

"Are people that scared to sit with them?" Jung Ah asked as she tugged my arm.

"No, they're just being stupid." I said finding an open seat a few seats ahead of Se Hun and them. "Come on."

Jung Ah sat down next to me and leaned towards me. "Se Hun and his friends are behind us..." She whispered.

"I know." I looked at her and rolled my eyes. "What? What's wrong with you?"

"Nothing..." She faced forward and played with her phone.

The ride to Busan got a little quieter after half an hour. I'm sure everyone had fallen asleep. Even Jung Ah, who was sitting beside me and blasthing her music, was asleep. Gosh, I hope she doesn't get deaf by the time we get there. I lowered her music for her just because I kind of cared. Just as I was about to plug in my headphones and listen to music, my phone started ringing. I looked at the name on my screen and suddenly smiled to myself. "Hello?"

"Is she asleep?" He asked, his voice low.

"Mmm. Why?" I looked out the window. "Are they all asleep?"

"Mmm." There was silence between us for a bit. "I'm really bored..."

"Am I supposed to do something about it?" I asked sitting up straight now.

"Come sit with me." The smile on my face widened.

"No, you're too far back." I sighed.

"I'm not. I'm only one seat behind you." I raised my eyebrow and turned around to see that Se Hun was actually sitting one seat behind me. I rolled my eyes and hung up the phone. "Come here." He waved me over.

I scooted past Jung Ah, making sure I wouldn't hit her and walked over to where Se Hun was. Before I sat down, I looked over at all of his friends who were all suggled up on each other, sleeping quietly.

"What do you want?" I asked as I leaned back in my chair.

"I'm tired." He closed his eyes without even looking at me and rested his head against the window.

"What? You called me to come sit by you only to watch you sleep?" I rolled my eyes even though he probably didn't see. 

"I sleep better when someone's awake next to me." Se Hun his lips and then bit it. "But it seems like you always fall asleep before me." He suddenly opened his eyes and stared at me.

"What? Why are you looking at me like that?" I asked.

"You're not tired?" He asked.

"No." I lied. I actually really wanted to sleep and I was about to, but he had called me.

"Whatever you say." He closed his eyes and crossed his arms. "I'm going to sleep."

"Okay." I stood up. "Have a good nap."

I was just about to leave, but Se Hun grabbed my arm and pulled me back down to my seat. "I didn't say you could leave."

"What? You really expect me to sit here and watch you sleep?" I yanked my arm back.

"That's the reason why I called you." He opened one eye and stared at me. "Do you see how I feel when you fall asleep on me and I'm awake?"

"Oh? So this is like revenge?" I scoffed. "Stupid."

"You're the idiot here." He closed his eyes again. "You can't leave until I'm actually sleeping."

"Fine. I won't leave." I crossed my arms and started to play with my phone since I didn't know what to do.

Se Hun had his eyes closed the whole time when we sat together. I wonder if he really was sleeping. I peaked over at him a few times just to make sure, but everytime I tried to get up and leave, he would start moving, making me sit back down in my seat. Great. How long was I going to sit here? I leaned my head back against the chair I was sitting in and heeved a sigh. There was probably only an hour left of the trip left to Busan. I didn't know how long it took, but I ended up falling asleep.

 

 

When I woke up, I saw that we had just arrived to Busan. I looked next to me to see that Se Hun wasn't even sitting next to me anymore, but there was a jacket covering my upper body. Okay. That was the only thing that made me from thinking "what the hell", but still. What the hell? He's going to make me stay here and wait for him to fall asleep, but I end up falling asleep and then he thinks it's alright to just leave me here? Stupid gangster kid. I got up and went back to my seat where Jung Ah was. She was awake, now sitting in my seat by the window. I took the empty seat and heaved a sigh quietly as I folded the jacket onto my lap.

"Where'd you go?" Jung Ah asked me when she noticed I was sitting beside her.

"Oh... I..." I stopped and shook my head. "I went to go talk to our teacher."

"Weird..." Jung Ah raised her eyebrow at me. "She was just asking for you."

"Again?" I faked a laugh.

"You were with Se Hun, weren't you?" Great. Jung Ah caught me. "Stupid. I can't believe you would lie to me."

"Shut up." I rolled my eyes and looked away from her.

"You do like him." Jung Ah whispered.

"No, I don't." I shoved her side lightly. 

"Whatever you say, Ahn Soo Jin. Whatever you say." Jung Ah scoffed at me and turned away.

 

 

Everyone got out of the bus as soon as we had arrived to our hotel. We all grabbed our bags after the bus driver handed out all of the suitcases and dufflebags that were there. Our teacher counted our heads before we headed into the hotel. The hotel was pretty and big. The lobby was filled with a nice water fountain in the middle with flowers bodering the outside of it. There was even a pretty staircase that led to the second floor and the elevators. I guess it was a good thing that I got to choose where we got to sleep because if it were any of the teachers, I'm sure they would have chose something bad because of the cost.

"Alright kids, this is how we're going to the rooming." My teacher stood in front of all us in the lobby of the hotel with the other teachers who had came with us. "We will not be doing boys and girls in one hotel room, we don't think that is appropiate even if you all are grown adults here." She clasped her hands together and looked at all of us. "You can choose your roomate, but there has to be at least two to five people in each room." Her eyes landed on me. "Soo Jin, since you helped out, I'll let you choose your roommates and what room you want."

All my classmates groaned.

"You better choose me as your roommate." Jung Ah hissed under her breath, as if she was threatening me.

"I guess I'll take Lee Jung Ah as my roommate." I rolled my eyes at her before going up to our teacher an dchoosing out a random key for a room so we can go settle in.

"Alright, the rest of you choose who you want to stay with for the next three days!" My teacher yelled as Jung Ah and I started to leave. "Everyone meet back down here in an hour after settling in your rooms!"

 

 

Jung Ah and I went to our room and settled in our belongings. When I opened the curtains to the window, it revealed the pretty city of Busan. I wonder how much prettier it would have looked when night would fall. I smiled, only to forget that I was staring out there for a long time. Jung Ah hit my shoulders, bringing me back to reality. She already had half of her clothes sprawled around one of the queen sized beds that we had. Our room looked messy, but at least it was only her side that looked terrible.

"I wonder what we're going to be doing today." Jung Ah sighed as she stretched her arms up in the air.

"We should change before we go back down." I said as I went to my suitcase to look at the clothes that I had.

When Jung Ah and I had gotten done changing into warmer clothes, we walked out of our hotel room together, only to bump into a bunch of guys. My arm hit something hard, making me yelp in pain. I didn't even care who I had hit. I looked at my arm and started to rub it. My eyes were on the verge of tears because it hurt a lot when I had collided into someone. I didn't even realize how quiet it was until I looked up at Jung Ah, who looked afraid as ever.

"Oh? Soo Jin..." Jung Ah's mouth was a little ajar.

"Is your arm okay?" I heard someone say.

I looked over my shoulder and saw Se Hun staring at me. He kind of looked worried. I suddenly forgot about my pain.

"What?" I said, a little too late.

"Soo Jin, are you crying?" Jung Ah asked me as she looked closer.

I wiped my face, only to see that a tear escaped. I quickly shook my face and smiled. "No, I'm not crying..." I tried to fake a laugh, but Se Hun was now glaring at me.

"Idiot." He hissed under his breath and walked away from me with his friends.

"Aish..." I raised my fist in the air angrily behind his back.

"Seriously. You two are so stupid..." Jung Ah shook her head.

Stupid? It's only because of that stupid gangster kid! Damn it. Now my arm was throbbing in pain.

 

 


 
**A/N: Not a good chapter, but it's something. Lol. Did you guys hear that our boys won "Album of the Year" for 3rd & 4th quarter, New Artist of the Year, and Popularity Award from Gaon? Eeek <3 Yay! I'm so proud of them and their performance was amazing, as always. You guys, it's going to be the last episode of EXO's Showtime :( I'm going to cry myself to sleep. Urgh. Also, I'd like to celebrate BAP's first win! I'm so happy for them; they deserved it <3 I really wish I could have seen how they reacted to it when they found that they had won before the actual performance and what not. Ugh. Anyways, I've started a new story so go and read it too and subscribe or anything! It's called Goodbye Autumn. It features Chenchen <3 But note that I won't be posting until I'm done with this story though, but please still support and read :D. Please read and comment. I'd love to hear about your opinions, so please don't be a silent readerThank you and read with lots of love! Keke~! Muah!