Love Letter After School

Love Letter After School

That Monday starts like any other Monday. Joonmyeon wakes up at the sound of his alarm clock that he set at 6.45. He takes a shower and put on his uniform. He walks towards his desk and checks his packed bag so that he doesn't miss any books. He slings the bag and stop in front of the full-length mirror for the last time, fixing his clothes and hair.

He comes down to the kitchen for breakfast. He can smell the bread being toast and a sizzling pan frying something. He takes a sit as he watches his older brother prepare their breakfast. He smiles at his brother as he put a plate of toast top with lettuce, tomato and fried egg in front of him. He finishes the half-full glass of milk before taking a bite of his breakfast.

He hugs his brother before bids him goodbye. Closing his front gate, he sees other students, some that attend the same school as him and some don't, walking pass him. He walks, following the other students as they are heading towards the same direction. He gives a small nod every time someone greets him, even though he barely or doesn't even know them.

Nearing the school gate, he sees his best friend coming from the opposite direction. He stops to wait for him while replying the good morning greeting that come from his classmate and other students. His friend pats him on the back and they walk towards the school gym where the every-Monday morning assembly will be held.

The teacher in charge announces that this week, many of the sports clubs will be participate in their respective competitions and wishes that the club members will do their best and hoping the other students will cheering them on. After a few more announcements, the students are allow to go back to their class.

On Monday, the first class is History. Although History can be boring, the History teacher, Mr. Chanyeol, manage to make History into Funstory, said the teacher himself. During the whole session, laugh never leave the classroom. Mr. Chanyeol didn't tell his teaching schedule but the whole class know his schedule for the class in front and back of them. Every time they hear a laugh, they know that it is Mr. Chanyeol's History class.

The second class is Literature. The time pass slowly but the whole class pays attention to the small teacher in front of them. Mr. Kyungsoo makes Literature so real. Every poems, short stories or novels, the whole class feels like they are inside it. It is like a calm before a storm because the third class is Mr. Sehun's Algebra. Every one always study the next chapter the night before Mr. Sehun teaches it because he likes to throw random questions and the poor students that can't answer it will get extra homework, adding to the bunch that he already prepares for them.

The bell rings indicating that the Algebra class is now over and everyone let a huge sigh after Mr. Sehun left the classroom. Luckly today, everyone was able to answer the unexpected questions. Joonmyeon exits the classroom with his best friend beside him. As they walk towards the canteen, they can see many sports club members are training at the school field. They decided to have their lunch under the one of many big tree that surround the school field.

After recess, the forth class is Chemistry so the whole class moves to the lab. Mr. Jongin likes doing experiments and today is no exception. Luck being on the students side, the class is cut short because Mr. Jongin sets another explosion and the whole class watch as the Chemistry teacher follows behind the Principal.

Everyone doing their own thing while they wait for the next teacher. Mr. Zitao comes and tell everyone to change their uniform into tracksuit and meet him at the gym. For today gym class, Mr. Zitao allow the students that will participate in the upcoming competition to train and the other students can help their friend with it.

Today's school end when the bell rings. Everyone thanking the gym teacher before they go to the shower room and some just skip the shower and going straight home because Mr. Zitao let them bring their bags and books to the gym. Joonmyeon bids his best friend farewell as they part ways, with he's going to the shower room and his friend straight home.

Joonmyeon climbs the stairs and walks towards the library where he spents the entire evening finishing his school work. He is not that strong to reject the temptation of watching television even though there is nothing to watch. Also, his older brother isn't home, not until 7 so might as well surround himself with people than being alone at home. The library today is quite empty compare to the other days. Maybe it is because of the training some might have to do.

Joonmyeon glances at his wrist watch as he closes his workbook. 4.45 and the library closes at 5. He smiles thinking today is just like any other Monday and everything is going smoothly. He stuffs his bag with the books and walks towards the library door only to be stop by a senior who is also his friend that is standing in his way. He smiles at him but suddenly his senior friend pulls him out from the library. He follows him until they reach at an empty hallway where his senior friend tell him to wait.

Joonmyeon watches the same-sized figure in front of him talking on the phone and puzzles when suddenly his senior friend bid him goodbye while telling him to stand still. It was after 5 minutes of standing still when the speaker system make a noise.

 

"Ehem! To Kim Joonmyeon."

 

Joonmyeon doesn't think it was him but at the same time, he doesn't know any other 'Kim Joonmyeon'. He decides to listen in case it is meant for him.

 

"Class? Oh, right, class! To Kim Joonmyeon, Class 2-B."

 

So it is for him. But he doesn't know why but this announcement somewhat different from the usual one. He doesn't have a good feeling about this.

 

"When I first saw you cheering for our school basketball team, I thought that my eyes were playing tricks on me. When the second time I saw you picking up the soccer ball that was kicked by a two-left feet player, I thought that an angel has come down to Earth. When the third time I saw you laughing with your friend during the school festival, I thought I like you very much. When the fourth time I saw you coming out from the shower room with just a towel wrapped around your waist, I thought my heart skip 3 beats. Or is it 5 beats? And when the fifth and last time I saw you flashing your million, wait, infinity watts smile as you apologize to me for spilling my drink when you are the one that got wet, I know that I am in love with you. I hope you will accept my first love. Thank you."

 

Joonmyeon blinks a few times. So this Monday doesn't end like any other Monday.

 

 

 

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

 

 

 

Joonmyeon opens his eyes, waking up even before his alarm clock has the chance to do so. He glances at it, 6.00 sharp. He lies back down, forcing himself to sleep but his eyes refuse to close. He stands up and exits his room. He opens his older brother's door and sees a figure cuddling a churro-shape pillow. He closes the door and enters the kitchen.

Just as he finishes cooking, he sees his brother standing at the kitchen entrance with the churro pillow on his hands, holding it like a sword. He smiles as he pushes his brother up the stairs. He makes his way to the the bathroom, reminding himself that he has to go to school like half an hour later.

Joonmyeon never likes school but he doesn't hate it either but today, he doesn't feels like going. His heart telling him that it is fine skipping school from time to time but his brain that moves his body telling him otherwise. Before he knows it, he is standing at the front door, hugging his brother as he bids him goodbye.

The walk from his house to school that always feels short somehow become triple long. He sees students whispering with each other while looking at him and they aren't wearing the same school uniform as him. And it become worse as he approaches the school gate. Many students just stop walking and look at him as he passes by them, without saying anything but with a smile on their faces.

Joonmyeon keeps walking while keeping his head down and doesn't even notice his best friend is running, trying to catch up with him. He looks up when something grab his wrist and pulling him, making him run towards the school building. He thinks he heard his best friend talking on the way to their class but he didn't catch up any of it.

 

"Joonmyeon!"

 

Joonmyeon widen his eyes as his ears are ringing from the direct shout of his best friend. He looks around him and sees his classmate have gathered, circling his table that is situated beside the window.

 

"Tell me. Is it true?"

 

He blinks a couple of times, trying to register the question asked by his friend.

 

"Who do you think he is?"

 

Another question asked before he can answer the previous one.

 

"I think I've heard that voice somewhere."

 

Joonmyeon looks straight at the owner's voice and so does the other students, shifting their focus from him to his classmate.

 

"I just thought I've heard it somewhere! I don't know who he was!"

 

He hears a sigh coming from every corner. His classmates go back to their seat when the teacher enters their classroom. He try to concentrate what his teacher saying at the front of the class but his brain decides to wander off to somewhere he doesn't know. He wants to do that too but without his brain moving his body, he has to sit in the class and stares blankly at the white board. Suddenly, he feels a tingling sensation on his ear as he looks at his side.

 

"Lunch! Let's go!"

 

Joonmyeon looks at the foreign language text book on his table and then shifts to look at the white board that is fills with formula. He missed 3 classes and he didn't notice it at all. He doesn't feels like eating but with his best friend pulls him up, he can't do anything accept follows him exits the classroom. The walk from his class to the canteen feels like the walk from his house to the school and since this morning that walk become triple, it feels like he has to walk for forever before he reaches the canteen.

He is looking down the whole time while queuing to buy lunch, trying to avoid the stares and gazes come from every corner of the canteen. The canteen that is always noisy suddenly become quiet when a noise come out from the speaker system. Joonmyeon looks up and sees everyone is looking at him.

 

"Today the last class will be cut short because of the teachers' meeting. That is all."

 

A huge sigh is echoing throughout the canteen instead of a 'yes' that always follows after the announcement of class cancelation. Joonmyeon pulls his best friend away from the canteen after they have bought their lunches and running towards their classroom. But compare to what he wants to believe, eating in the classroom or at the canteen doesn't have any difference, at least not today. Although his best friend shields his view, he still can sees students gathering outside their classroom. His classmates try sending them away but only after the bell ending the lunch break rings that the other students start to walk away.

He is relieves when he sees Mr. Chanyeol enters the classroom. His brain likes Mr. Chanyeol so he doubt that it will wanders off somewhere and he can pay attention to the lesson this time. He thinks he did a very good job because his brain get the jokes that Mr. Chanyeol told but his eyes is getting dry. He blinks a few times and suddenly Mr. Chanyeol is nowhere to be found and his class is half empty. He let a sigh as he admires his own brain that successfully wanders off without him knowing it.

Joonmyeon remembers that school ends early today so he quickly put his books in the bag and rushing to get out from classroom, ignoring his best friend that keeps calling his name. He almost reach the school gate when he sees a familiar figure standing near it. He try to run to the opposite side but his senior friend is quick on his feet and easily catches him. He curses himself for not exercise when his brother tells him to.

 

"I know you can't stay at the library anymore so let's go to the council room."

 

He eyes widen at the statement. He knows his senior friend isn't a student council member so is it legal for regular student to come without reason? Looks like his friend is an exception because when he open the council room door, everyone just glances and continue doing their work except for one person that looking straight at them.

 

"Is this him?"

 

Joonmyeon sees his senior friend nods at the question.

 

"That guy has good eyes."

 

He just watches as the tall guy in front of him scans him from head to toe.

 

"So, I will leave him in your care, Mr. President."

 

His eyes widen. That is why he seems familiar. He is the student council president that everyone admires, even his best friend. The sound of the door closes made him realize that his senior friend is not in the room anymore.

 

"You can sit here. I gave my words to Luhan so you can't go anywhere. You can do your work while you wait. No one will bother you."

 

Joonmyeon walks to a single desk beside the window and takes a sit. He glances at the president and sees a smile on his face. He smiles back and shifts his focus to the window, looking down at the school field. He sees a lot of the sports members practice, preparing for their competitions and tournaments. He shifts his gaze to the middle of the room where the student council members are busy doing their own work. Seeing that, he opens his bag and takes out his text books only to realize that he forgot to ask his best friend about the school work. He sighs as he opens the foreign language text book, hoping he will learn something without explanation from his teacher.

 

"Joonmyeon, wake up."

 

Joonmyeon rubs his eyes. He was asleep? He doesn't remember closing his eyes. He fixes his hair and looks at his side. The student council president is smiling at him.

 

"If I tell him I saw your sleeping face, he wouldn't let me live."

 

He stands up and looks around the room. There is no one except the two of them. He sees the clock that is hanging on the wall. 4.30. He slept through the whole afternoon? He flinches when he heard the speaker system make a noise.

 

"It is on? Okay! To Kim Joonmyeon from Class 2-B."

 

Joonmyeon swallows hard. He can see from the window the students that are still on the school field all standing still, waiting for the next words.

 

"Roses are red, violet... no need? Okay. Luhan said I didn't mention my name yesterday so... What? Why? Okay. I really want to meet you soon but my practice doesn't let me. What? Right. I hope you will be cheering for our team tomorrow. For me. Thank you."

 

Joonmyeon can hear a chuckle besides him.

 

"Come. Let me you to the front gate."

 

Is he having a dejavu? Is today Monday again?

 

 

 

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

 

 

 

Joonmyeon can see his brother's face in front of him.

 

"Are you sick? I called you so many times but you didn't wake up."

 

He can feel his brother's warm hand on his forehead and then his cheek.

 

"Come. You are late already. I will drive you to school today."

 

His brother pulls him off his bed and pushes him into the bathroom. The cold shower water didn't erase his memory of yesterday. He stares blankly at the full-length after putting on his uniform. Is it important for him to go to school today? Can't he skip it? His brain stops thinking and starts moving his legs, climbing down the stairs and into his brother's car.

 

"Why are you suddenly want a boxed lunch? I didn't make anything fancy because I was planning to do the grocery shopping today."

 

He stares at the paper bag on his lap. He doesn't think he can go to the canteen anymore. He looks outside the window as they reach the front gate of the school. Is it too late to fake sick?

 

"Isn't that Yixing? What are you doing? Your friend is waiting."

 

Joonmyeon feels like he is pushing a big boulder when he open the car door. He just smile as he watches his brother drive away and his best friend walk towards him. He decides to ignore the stares and whispers of the other students along the way to the classroom. He sees the Art teacher, Mr. Jongdae enters the classroom and when he blinks, he sees Mr. Kyungsoo walking out from it. The morning classes end in a blink of an eye, literally.

 

"I heard he did it again. Too bad I already went home. Will he do it again, today?"

 

He looks at his best friend that is sitting in front of him even though that isn't his place in the class. He wants to answer but nothing come out from his mouth. He continue chewing on his lunch.

 

"He said he hope you will cheer for him today. Does that means he's a sports club member?"

 

Joonmyeon looks at his classmate. He did hear that words yesterday.

 

"Guys, do you know what club is having a competition today?"

 

Before any of his classmates could answer his best friend's question, the speaker system made a noise. Maybe another announcement of class cancelation again.

 

"To... right!"

 

Looks like it isn't.

 

"Luhan will pick you up later. Thank you."

 

He takes a deep breath before looking at his classmates that are staring at him in gasp with their eyes wide open. He is saved by the bell before his classmates and his best friend could ask him anything. He put his half-eaten lunch away and decides to just closes his eyes this time, letting the afternoon classes go by because he has to get himself ready for whatever happening after school ends.

 

"Joonmyeon, let's go."

 

Joonmyeon opens his eyes and sees his senior friend standing besides him.

 

"Luhan hyung, can I come with?"

 

He shifts his focus to his best friend.

 

"I'm sorry. Not today. Next time, okay? Come!"

 

He can't pull his hand out from the grip of his senior friend. He follows him until they reach the front gate. His friend tells him to get inside the black sedan that arrived from nowhere.

 

"Are you ready to meet him? Ah! You met him once but you probably doesn't remember, right? No worries. You will meet him today."

 

Joonmyeon blinks a few times while his brain trying to register the words that came out from the small mouth besides him. He looks outside the window and see row of small shops. Then 10 minutes later, the row of shops is replace with row of houses then another 10 minutes, nothing but vehicles passing by their car. After 15 more minutes of drive, the car stop at a stadium which he never seen before.

He let his senior friend guide him as they enter the stadium. They take a seat at the front row and Joonmyeon can see a basketball match is going to start. It is between his school and other school that he doesn't recognise the name. The match starts and within just a few seconds, their school scores the first point by the player that is wearing the number 4 jersey. He doesn't realize that during the entire first half, his eyes is fixed to the number 4 player.

The number 4 player is so quick, already standing for defense after scoring with a slam dunk. He easily block the other team player from scoring with his height and jump. He steals the ball when the other team thinks it is impossible to do so. He catches every rebound and throw the ball to his teammates and let them score. The half-time end with their school is leading by 15 points.

 

"Isn't that number 4 awesome? Well, a captain suppose to be awesome."

 

Hearing his senior friend's words, Joonmyeon take another look at the number 4 player before he disappear behind the door. The basketball team captain is indeed awesome.

 

"Here."

 

Joonmyeon receive a paperbag and a can of soda. He opens the paperbag and takes out the hamburger inside it. He looks at his side and sees his senior friend already eaten half his hamburger.

 

"He told me to feed you. So start eating."

 

The sentence made him realize his purpose of coming here. He unwrapped the hamburger in his hand and take a bite while his brain is thinking about the person he is suppose to meet. 

The second half already started when he got back from the toilet. Again, the number 4 player caught his eyes. He easily slipped through 3 opponent players as he dribble and score another point. He shocked when the number 4 player got knock down and can see he's holding his leg. The coach subtitute him with another player and the game continue. He watches as the number 4 player getting treated and looks like it is nothing serious because nearing the end, he got back in the game. He secures their win by scoring the last point just before the ending whistle, making the score 100 - 72.

Joonmyeon thought everything has finishes but actually that game was the final game. Moments later, the basketball court is full with other school teams and awards are given. Their school basketball team will compete in the Interhigh with other 2 teams. And the basketball captain that was wearing the number 4 jersey receive a MVP along with several other players from various school.

 

"Joonmyeon, come."

 

He follows his senior friend out from the court to a quiet corner inside the stadium. Is he going to meet whoever he suppose to meet now? He heard a phone ring and searches his pocket but it was his friend's phone ringing.

 

"What? You can't? You know he is here. Fine. Joonmyeon, he wants to talk to you."

 

With puzzled face, Joonmyeon receive the phone and sees it is on video call, with a bunch of faces squish together trying to fit into the small screen of the phone.

 

"Is that him? Wah~"

"Let me see! Really? Are you him? Our captain is so lucky."

"I think I saw you before. Didn't we met in my dream?"

 

With the unanswered questions, he distances the phone from his face and was going to give the phone back to his friend when suddenly a big hand pushes all the faces away, leaving just a single face. He recognise the face because it is the face of the number 4 player, the school basketball team captain.

 

"Hi, Joonmyeon."

 

The deep voice shivers him down his spine. He knows the voice. It is the same voice that came out from the school speaker system on Monday after school, and yesterday when he was in the council room and during the lunch break this morning.

 

"I saw you after I score the first point. Seeing you cheering for our team really made me happy. Whenever I'm having a hard time, I look at you and all seems to calm down. So I want to dedicate my MVP to you."

"What? I thought I was the one that calm you down."

"Yah, Vice! It was me!"

"It's me, okay?"

 

Joonmyeon just watch the captain's face being cover by several other faces. Then again, a big hand pushes those faces away.

 

"I'm sorry I can't meet you. I thought after the ceremony's over, we can hang out or something but they wouldn't let me leave. I really want to meet you. I..."

"You can have him tomorrow."

"We won't bother you two until the Interhigh which is in... I don't remember when because I am so happy right now! We won! Muahaha!"

"Sorry but we need him today. Only he can control the Vice when he is hyper."

 

He sees the captain being shake at the back by a team member who he suppose is the vice captain. Then the screen went black. He gives back the phone to his senior friend. He sees a big smile plastered on the small face.

 

"You are so obvious!"

 

He furrows at the statement.

 

"You have fallen for him, huh? Man, that guy sure is lucky."

 

Joonmyeon swallows hard. Has he?

 

 

 

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

 

 

 

"Joonmyeon, hey! Can you hear me?"

 

Joonmyeon looks at his best friend that is sitting in front of hm and then his surrounding. There is no teacher in front of the class and his classmates are scatter everywhere, some are eating their lunches and some just hanging around. He takes a deep breath. His daze is getting worse. His brain got to stop wandering off because he doesn't even know how he got to school. The last thing he remember was standing in front of the mirror after shower. How did he end up at school and miss the morning classes? He didn't hear the knock on the classroom door because the lunch break can be quite noisy.

 

"Joonmyeon."

 

He flinches when a deep voice calling his name and the whole classroom suddenly become quiet. He looks at the direction of the voice and sees a tall guy walking towards him. He knows him. What is he doing here?

 

"I was going to ask you to have lunch with me but it looks like you are already started eating."

 

He shifts his gaze from the basketball team captain to his desk. There is a half-eaten sandwich on it. He let a sigh as he has given up to think how everything had happened.

 

"Can I join you?"

"Of, of course you can. Here, sit here."

 

His eyes widen at his best friend's action. He just can watch as his friend and classmates walk away from them, giving them space. His eyes follow the basketball captain as he take a seat in front of him.

 

"Did you enjoy yesterday's game?"

 

Joonmyeon nods with his eyes fixed at the half-eaten sandwich on the desk.

 

"Thanks to you I got the MVP."

 

He shakes at that statement. He did nothing. Why thanking him?

 

"Joonmyeon, are you alright? You look flushed."

 

He jumped at the warm touch on his cheek. He can feel his blood rushing to his face. Slowly, he distances himself from the big, warm hand and nod.

 

"Are you sure? I can go with you to the nurse's office."

 

He shakes his head a little fast this time. He closes his eyes for a few seconds then opens it again. The sandwich is still on his desk, still half-eaten. Why didn't he skips time?

 

"Joonmyeon, are you free after school?"

 

He lifts his head, looking at the handsome face in front of him. Their eyes met and he can't seems to look away from it.

 

"I want to take you somewhere, as an apology for yesterday."

 

The bell that ends the lunch break ring before he could say anything. He can see his classmates getting back to their seats but the figure across him didn't move an inch. Joonmyeon can see in his eyes that he won't leave until he gives him an answer he wants to hear.

 

"He is free! I will make sure of it. Don't you worry!"

 

He glances at his best friend that come from nowhere, standing at his side, both hands holding down his shoulders. He looks back to his front and sees a smiling face standing. He follows him with his eyes until he reaches the door.

 

"I will come by your class later."

 

With that being said, the basketball team captain disappear from the classroom. Moments later, a teacher walks into the classroom. He takes a deep breath and closes his eyes, hoping he would skips time.

And he did because when he opens his eyes, the basketball team captain is sitting in front of him, with a sundae that is almost finish on the table. He looks around the ice-cream shop that is located inside the mall. He's been to here many times before, with his brother, his best friend and even his senior friend. Is this the place he talked about?

 

"Joonmyeon, do you want another sundae?"

 

Joonmyeon shakes his head. He looks at the long spoon in his hand. Messy, both the spoon and his hand. He receives the tissue given to him and starts wiping his hands.

 

"There is some here too."

 

He froze as the person across him leans forward, wiping the corner of his lips.

 

"Let's go."

 

He follows benind the tall figure in front of him. His eyes are fixed at the broad back of the basketball team captain all the way that he didn't realize the tall captain has stop, making him run into him.

 

"We are here."

 

Joonmyeon looks up and sees a small glass shop in front of him. Without him knowing, his feet enter the shop and his eyes are twinkling in amazement. Inside it, there are shelves of glass figurines around the small shop. At the deepest corner of the shop, there is a middle-age man blowing and shaping a hot glass, probably making another figurine.

 

"Do you like it?"

 

The deep voice snaps him out from his awing moment. He looks up at the basketball team captain that is smiling at him. He can feels his cheeks are getting hotter the longer he stares at the handsome face.

 

"I found this place after the fourth time I saw you. Somehow every time I passed by this shop, it reminds me of you."

 

Joonmyeon trying to remember what did the basketball team captain said about his fourth time seeing him but he doesn't remember any of it.

 

"Take a look around and pick something that you like."

 

He blinks while looking at the owner's voice, trying to understand the words that came out from pink lips.

 

"Or maybe you want something different? I can ask the owner to make one just for you."

 

He pulls the captain's sleeve before he can walks away and shakes his head. He quickly heads to the other side of the shop, trying to avoid the taller's gaze. Even with his eyes browsing the figurines in front of him, he can feels someone is looking at him. His eyes spot a small heart figurine that has wings on the back. Suddenly, a hand reach out for the figurine.

 

"This one is perfect. We will take this one."

 

His eyes can't look away from the small paper bag in his hand. How did it end up like this?

 

"Joonmyeon."

 

Joonmyeon stops his steps and realizes that they have reach his house. He doesn't remember telling the basketball team captain his address but then again, he forgot most of everything lately so he can't trust himself anymore. He looks straight at the perfect face and stunned when suddenly his free hand being lift. He let the big hand gently caressing the back of his hand. He can feels the warmth spreading inside his small figure.

 

"Thank you for today."

 

He stunned when suddenly a pair of lips kiss his hand and can only stands still while watching the tall figure walks away.

 

 

 

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

 

 

 

Joonmyeon opens his eyes while reaching for the alarm clock to turn it off. He takes a shower and put on his ironed uniform. He walks to his desk to grab his bag when his eyes stop at the new addition on it. He stares at it, remembering what happened yesterday. He exits his bedroom and enters the kitchen where he sees his older brother is smiling at him strangely.

 

"Who is this person that can make my little brother smile like that?"

 

His eyes widen at the question. He was smiling? How can his brother guess it was a person? What does he meant by 'smile like that'? He parts his lips to answer only to be cut by the doorbell. He walks to the front door and surprise when he sees the ringer standing at the front gate.

 

"Joonmyeon, good morning."

 

He was going to close the front door when something stop him from behind.

 

"Who... oh! Is that him? Why don't you invite him in? We can have breakfast together."

 

Joonmyeon quickly shakes his head but it was too late because his older brother already walking towards the front gate and pulling the guest to come in. He with heavy feet follows the two of them and takes a seat beside the basketball team captain after being forced to do so.

 

"So, does this handsome, fine, young man has a name?"

"Ah, yes. I'm Wu Yifan, Class 3-A, basketball team captain."

"I'm Joonmyeon's older brother, Minseok. Basketball team captain. Are you any good?"

"Just the other day our school basketball team won the preliminary and I was choosen as one of the MVP."

"Wah~ looks like we have a keeper here."

 

Joonmyeon knows he can't stop his brother so he pulls the sleeve beside him as a sign that they should leave.

 

"I think we should go now."

"Right. Off you go."

 

He looks at his brother one last time before he closes the front door.

 

"Yifan, I hope I will see more of you in the future."

"I hope so too."

 

Joonmyeon just want to dig a hole and hide in it because he didn't think his brother would say that kind of stuffs so casually.

 

"Your brother seems nice."

 

He just can smile at that statement. With his head down, he can see his hand and the one besides it keep brushing each other. He can feel heat rising to his face and decides to look straight ahead. But it doesn't help either because he keeps seeing students whispering while looking at him because he is walking side by side with the basketball team captain that won a MVP couple days ago. He takes a deep breath and closes his eyes even though he is walking right now. Maybe his super power that can skips time will work this time.

 

"Joonmyeon."

 

He opens his eyes to the voice and to his surprise, his super power works because he is inside the school ground now.

 

"I'm sorry I can't walk you to class. The coach wants to see me."

 

He notices there is a student standing beside the captain.

 

"I will come by later, okay?"

 

He nods, instinctively, as he watches the tall figure walks away from him.

 

"So, where did he take you yesterday?"

 

He turns his back and sees his best friend standing behind him with several of his classmates. He can see from their eyes that they want to know every details about what happen but he chooses to ignore it and walks staright to his class.

The first class is Mr. Jongdae's Art. He tells the students to pick a partner and start drawing each other. His best friend moves from his seat and sit in front of him. He starts sketching and before he knows, the first class has ended as he sees Mr. Jongdae walks out from the classroom.

 

"Let me see it."

 

He let his best friend snatch his sketchbook and sees a puzzling face as he examines the potrait that he drew. A few of his classmates have gathered around his best friend with the same puzzling look and some are even looking at him strangely.

 

"I know you are not that great at this but anyone can see that this isn't me."

"How can you see him in Yixing? Yixing isn't that handsome."

"Yah!"

"I guess all you can see is love now, huh?"

 

He furrows at the comments. He take a look at the potrait and his eyes widen because it is definitely not his best friend, even if he try to see it from different angles. 

 

"You should show him later. He will come at lunch, right?"

 

Joonmyeon hesitates before nods weakly at the question. He watches his best friend walk back to his own seat as Mr. Jongin enters the classroom. He put away the sketchbook and try to concentrate on the words that come out from the Chemistry teacher but his brain decides to wander off to yesterday evening. It keeps replaying the part that happened in front of his house. He shakes his head to get rid of the image but it makes his brain wanders off somewhere else.

 

"Joonmyeon."

 

He shivers at the voice. He looks in front of him and blinks a few times, making sure that what he sees is real. The basketball team captain is smiling at him. How long has he been sitting there?

 

"What's on your mind? You've been smiling since I got here."

 

He has?

 

"Your friend said you drew this. It is really good."

 

He looks at the white paper in front of him. How did he got it? He looks at his best friend that is standing near him and sees a huge smile plastered on it.

 

"Can I keep it?"

 

It takes him a couple of minutes before he nods at the request. He sees a smile form on the perfect face across him.

 

"Will you stay at the library after school today?"

 

He doesn't know to answer that. He really doesn't like staying home alone but staying at the library after all that happened, with other students staring and whispering while looking at him, isn't a good idea. He gives a little shake.

 

"Oh."

 

He can sense a dissappoinment in the word. He watches as the basketball team captain looking around his classroom and a weak smile form when his attention back to him.

 

"I think I should go."

 

Joonmyeon stands up and follows the tall figure in front of him, walking him to the door. He takes a step back when the tall figure turns to face him. He can feel the warmth as he let him takes his hand and caressing it gently.

 

"I'm sorry."

 

He tilts his head when the big hand letting his small hand go.

 

"You haven't given your answer and I acted like this."

 

The statement struck him. It's true. He didn't reply yet the feeling that was given to him. He lost in his though, thinking how can he completely forgot about what makes the students staring and looking at him at the first place. He looks at the tall figure in front of him. The taller entered his life unexpectedly but he didn't push him away. Why didn't he push him away?

 

"I hope you will give your answer soon."

 

His eyes still fixed at the tall figure that brushing off his hair that covering his forehead. Suddenly, the taller step back from him.

 

"I should stop doing this, right?"

 

He can hear a small sigh coming from the taller guy amidst the noisy surrounding. He watches him until the basketball team captain is not longer in sight.

 

"You didn't?"

 

Joonmyeon turns back at the stern voice and sees his best friend standing with confusing look on his face.

 

"I thought you guys already become official when he came during lunch yesterday and asking you out. And this morning, didn't he picked you up at your house?"

 

He can only nod at the question. He never seen his best friend this serious before.

 

"I... ha~ I don't know how you feel about him but you should tell him your answer soon."

 

He walks to his seat when the bell rings. His best friend words keep ringing in his ears. He should do that but what should he say? His senior friend said he has fallen for the basketball team captain. Has he really? Is that why he felt something he never felt before in his stomach when a pair of lips kissed his hand yesterday? Is that why he smiled the smile that even his own brother never seen before this morning? And, is that why his hand moved and drew someone that wasn't even in front of him?

A shout snaps him out from his thought. He looks around and sees a couple of students running outside at the hallway. He shifts back to the classroom and sees only a few of his classmate are inside it and his best friend is nowhere to be found. The school ended while he was figuring out his feeling. He puts his books inside his bag and exits the classroom, climbing the stairs and stops at the first classroom on the floor. He looks inside and sees a familiar face but it isn't the one he was hoping to see.

 

"Joonmyeon!"

 

Joonmyeon enters and walks towards the owner's voice. He nods as a greeting to the other students that are sitting in the small group.

 

"What are you doing here?"

"Do you know this guy, Prez?"

"Joonmyeon? Where did I heard that name before?"

"Wait! Don't answer! I think I know. Give me 5 minutes."

"Yifan."

"What about Yifan?"

"I know! He is Yifan's..."

"I said don't answer!"

 

He watches as his seniors bickering at the small matter. He sees the Student Council President stands up and face him.

 

"Are you looking for him?"

"Joonmyeon?"

 

He turns and sees his senior friend walking towards him.

 

"What are you doing here?"

"Luhan, you know him too?"

"Why didn't I know about him if you and the Prez both do?"

"I give up. You can tell the answer now."

"He's looking for Yifan."

 

Joonmyeon looks at his senior friend.

 

"What? You were looking for me? Good. I want to talk to you too. Let's go."

 

He follows as his friend walks to his desk and grab his bag, then exits the classroom.

 

"What happen?"

 

He just keeps walking with head looking down the cement floor of the hallway, not knowing the destination as he follows the figure leading him.

 

"He didn't say a thing to me after lunch, unlike yesterday where I can't stop him from talking about you. Did you guys fight?"

 

Joonmyeon shakes his head.

 

"Then, why is your boyfriend..."

 

He looks up, staring at the figure that has stop walking and standing in front of him.

 

"Ah! You guys isn't... Ha~ How can I forgot about that? That is why he's acting like that."

 

He can hear a mumble coming from his senior friend but didn't catch the words.

 

"So, why did you want to see me?"

 

He pulls his friend's hand and whispers to his ear.

 

"Really?! Then, what are we doing here? Let's go!"

 

Joonmyeon let himself being pulled by the sane-sized figure towards the gym but after a few steps, they stop. A smirk is on the small face.

 

"No! This way!"

 

They walk the opposite direction and they climb stairs while running. He tripped a couple of times because his hand is still being pulled by his senior friend. They stop running and stop in front of a room that he never been before.

 

"Baekhyun!"

"Luhan hyung? What are you doing here?"

"We need to use it. "

"Again? But where is Yifan hyung?"

"It is not him today. It's him!"

"Who is...?"

"The other half! You, go in there!"

 

He watches as the door of a smaller room that he is in being closed. He sees a microphone on the only table inside it and his senior friend signaling him from outside the room, through a glass window, telling him to sit down and speak. He hesitates but takes a seat after seeing his senior friend making fist at him and pointing at the chair. He taps the microphone and sees a thumbs up from outside.

 

"To Wu Yifan, Class 3-A, captain of the basketball team that won the MVP two days ago. When I heard your voice through the speaker system, I thought my ears were playing trick on me. When I saw you talking through the video call, I though Luhan hyung was playing trick on me. When I walked home with you yesterday, I thought my feet were playing trick on me. When I drew you even thought you weren't in front of me, I thought my hand was playing trick on me. But when I saw you distanced yourself from me, my heart said that it is real, that you will keep getting farther away if I didn't do anything to stop it. So, here I am, trying to stop it. I hope you will accept my way of stopping you because you are the first one to ever approach me. Thank you."

 

And the whole school can hear cheering coming from the school gym.

 

 

 ┬─┬ ノ( ^_^ノ)