Chapter 5

Runaway

Chapter 5

Two weeks had passed since Noriko had started her job at the Doggy day care. She was enjoying it, She even offered to Take Coco-chan with her to work every day, much to Aiba’s relief (he was tired of getting scolded by Jun for being late when her dropped coco-chan off). She had made a few new friends too. One however she was closer with than the others. That person just so happened to be the girl that Aiba liked, as she found out the other day.

~Flashback~

“Tadaima.” Noriko called through the door into the apartment. Noticing the other shoes on the ground she turned back to the girl who was with her “Ah, My roommate and his friend are home, don’t worry there both nice people!” Noriko announced with a smile. The girl smiled shyly back and nodded. “Okaeri! Noriko-Chan!” Aiba said from the living room. Both girls removed their coats and shoes and walked into the living room to greet the guys, “Ah it was Sho-kun’s shoes at the door way, Konnichiwa Sho-kun!” She said smiling at the sight of the older man. Both guys turned their attention from the TV too look around at Noriko, “Konnichiwa Noriko-chan. Ah. Who’s your friend?”

Noriko Raised an eyebrow at Aiba’s shocked look and the fact that he was slightly blushing and answered Sho’s question “This is Hitsugaya Hanako-Chan, a friend from work. And Ma-kun what’s wrong with you?” Aiba blushed at being caught and quickly stuttered out some words “N-nothing. It’s nice to see you again, Hitsugaya-san.” He said with his usual bright smile. Noriko thought for a moment before grinning slightly. Hanako was totally the girl that Aiba said he liked!

Hanako smiled back with a small blush adorning her cheeks “Hai it’s nice to see you again Aiba-san.” Sho looked between the 2 of them and then at Noriko who had a slightly evil grin on her face and figured out what was going on. Rolling his eyes slightly he looked over at Hanako, deciding to play dumb for now “You two know each other?” Hanako nodded the blush still covering her cheeks. “Hai, Aiba-san used to drop off and pick up Coco-chan at the doggy day care centre, but I’m assuming now that Noriko-chan’s working there, she takes Coco-chan unless Aiba-san has a day off or something?” Aiba and Noriko both nodded. “Yup that’s pretty much it, Can’t let Jun continuously go Dos on his all the time now can we?” Noriko said making Sho chuckle. “Well any way it’s nice to meet you Hitsugaya-san, as Noriko forgot to introduce me, I’m Sakurai Sho, but by the look on your face I would say that you already know that.” Sho said with a small pout when he saw the knowing look in Hanako’s eyes.

Both girls giggled “Sho-kun its kinda hard not to know one of the biggest Idol bands in Japan.  Plus Your a newscaster too, out of all of Arashi I would say people who know you the most.” Sho just pouted. The four spent the evening talking ordering dinner and watching a film. When Hanako decided that it was time for her to go home, Aiba offered to drop her home, which Noriko accepted for her, One, because she’s didn’t like that Hanako would be walking home in the dark by herself, and two, it was a good opportunity for them to get to know each other a little better.

When Aiba got home that evening Both Noriko and Sho (Who was staying round) started an attack of questions. “Did you ask her out?” “Did you hug her goodbye?”  “Did you kiss her?” “Did you get her number?” “Want me to give you her number?” Aiba rolled his eyes “Would you guys shut up?”  Both Noriko and Sho pouted but shut up. “To answer your questions, No, No, No, No and No! I told you before Noriko, I’m not going to ask her out, I still think it would stress her out to date me. Plus I’m certain that that guy is her boyfriend.” Sho sighed and sighed, He knew what Aiba was talking about, but that didn’t mean that if he really liked a girl he would just sit back and do nothing.

“That guy that you’re talking about that seems really friendly with Hanako-chan is married with kids, therefore not Hanako-chan’s boyfriend. And Hanako is a lot stronger than you give her credit for... If you don’t want to ask her out, at least try to be friends with her. Then maybe something might develop from that?” Noriko said with an encouraging smile. Aiba looked over at Sho for help to which Sho just smiled, meaning that he agreed with Noriko.

Great.

“I think about it.”

~End flashback~

She had a day off from work today, and decided to go shopping in Shibuya. She called Usagi and Hanako the night before to ask if they had wanted to come along but they were both working today. She had also texted the guys and asked them if they were free (She had got Nino’s and Sho’s numbers from Aiba) Everyone besides Nino was busy, so she decided to up her nerves and ask him if he wanted to go shopping with her. He replied a few minutes later saying he will meet her at the flat tomorrow at 10am.

So she was currently waiting for Nino to show up.  She was half dreading how this day would end, and half excited that she and Nino could finally overcome their issues to actually hang out.  Just as she finished thinking that the doorbell rung. Rushing over to the door, she opened it to Nino who was looking slightly annoyed. Tilting her head to the side she looked at Nino Curiously “What’s wrong Nino?” She had finally begun to call him by his nickname, due to Aiba’s and Ohno’s incessant badgering. “I couldn’t beat the level in the game I was playing last night. It’s been bugging me all morning.” He said with an annoyed sigh.

Noriko Laughed “Nino, I’m sure you will beat it later. Seriously, don’t gets so stressed over a game. It honestly can’t do you any good.” Noriko said giggling. Nino pouted slightly and sighed again “Fine. Anyway lets’ get going. Where are we heading to anyway?” Noriko thought for a while “Maybe Shibuya, I need to pick up some new shorts.... I don’t like wearing skirts during summer and my other shorts too old and grubby.” Noriko said looking down at her legs. Nino followed her gaze staring at her legs with a glint in his eyes. Noriko looked up and saw him staring and blushed. “Stop staring...it’s embarrassing...” Nino averted his gaze with a small blush muttering a ‘Gomen’.

“Anyways Shibuya, Then we can have some lunch and then pop to Akiba if you want?” Noriko suggested. Nino Nodded “Sounds good to me. Come on let’s get going before the shops get to busy.” He said, once he and Noriko left the house, Nino put on some sunglasses and a hat to keep himself unnoticed by fans. They took the train to Shibuya and went shopping for shorts. Luckily for Nino, Noriko hated shopping for clothes so she got it over with within the first 15 minutes of being in Shibuya. 

Noriko wanted to go to HMV quickly to pick up a few albums she had been meaning to get. Including Arashi’s new album ‘Time’ which was released just a day ago. She honestly wished she had remembered to have brought her CD player out to listen to it. She turned towards the man next to her, seeing that he seemed to be staring off into space and was about to walk into a lamp post, she had half a mind to leave him and laugh when he hit it, but instead she grabbed his hand and pulled him out of the way. Nino blinked in surprised when he felt the warmth around his hand, and let out a yelp of surprised when he was suddenly pulled. Looking over in the direction of Noriko He saw her grinning at him. “What was that for?” he asked looking slightly annoyed. Noriko rolled her eyes “Well I could have just let you walk into the lamppost but I thought you would rather not be embarrassed in the middle of Shibuya ne?” Noriko said with a pointed look.

Nino’s annoyed look disappeared at that and turned his head away from Noriko, a small blush covering his cheeks, and he grumbled out a thanks, making Noriko giggle. They both decided to find a little restaurant in Shibuya to sit down in and have lunch. They got a private booth, mainly because Nino was sick of wearing his hat and glasses, and once they sat down and ordered, there was an awkward silence between the two. After about 5 minutes of this Noriko had had enough, she knew Nino was stubborn enough to stay silent throughout lunch so she decided to start. “Soooo Ma-kun tells me you wrote your own lyrics to your solo on the Time Album?” Nino looked over at Noriko and Nodded “Un. I did.” He replied.

“Was it hard to think up the lyrics?” Noriko asked taking out the Time album from her bag and looking at the booklet inside the CD case. Nino rested his head on his hand looking outside the small window that led out into the restaurant. “Not really, I already knew what I wanted to write when I asked if I could write the song, I just had to arrange the lyrics.” Noriko was looking through the booklet and read the lyrics for Nino’s Solo ‘Niji’.

Nino looked over at Noriko who had yet to say anything, only to see her silently crying, with a sad smile on her face. Frowning Nino was about to ask what was wrong when she spoke “Kirei...” She said softly reading the last part of the lyrics. Noriko looked up at Nino, Tear marks staining her cheeks and changed her sad smile into a small happy smile. “It's really good. I really can’t wait to get home and listen to it.” She said softly. “Noriko-” Nino started before he was interrupted with their food arriving.  

He put the conversation on hold and decided that after lunch instead of going to Akiba, They would go back to Noriko’s. They Needed to Talk.

____________________________________________

Noriko was surprised to say the least when Nino said they were going home instead of to Akiba and questioned him on it, to which he replied ‘we need to talk and it’s not a talk that can be had on the street’ He said and then didn’t say anything else until they reached home, Which made Noriko more nervous than anything else.

Once they arrived back to Noriko’s and Aiba’s flat, they took off their shoes and sat down on the sofa. Noriko sat with her knees to her chest looking over at Nino with nervous eyes. “Noriko....We need to talk about what happened 5 years ago. I don’t want to be continually awkward around you.” Noriko’s eyes widened, she never expected Nino to bring up the conversation. She had wanted to talk to him about it but, like hell she was gonna start the conversation. She looked up over at Nino and nodded “Okay, then talk.” She mumbled out, remembering her and Nino’s relationship 5 years ago.

~Flashback 5 Years ago (2002)~

*Knock knock* “Come in~!” a cheerful shout came through the door, a 17 year old Noriko, dressed in her sailor fuku, poked her head round the door “Hey guys, is it okay for me to stick around with you for a while? Okaa-san and Otou-san are still at work.” She asked. Nino rolled his eyes quickly and dragged her into the room of boys, and wrapping his arms around her waist and leaning her back against his chest, making her blush. “Kazu-kun...this is embarrassing...” she mumbled trying to wriggle half heartedly out of his arms.

Jun’s eye twitched but said nothing whilst Ohno was smiling fondly along with Sho and Aiba decided he wanted  tease the couple. Noriko just blushed further at the teasing, whilst Nino just glared at Aiba. “Oh shove it Aiba, just cause I have a cute Girlfriend and you don’t.” He said from over Noriko’s shoulder. Aiba stuck his tongue out at Nino in retaliation, but shut up.

They talked for about 20 minutes until the boys were called to come on set for ‘C no Arashi’ Everyone besides Nino and Noriko left the room. Nino turned Noriko around in his arms and put his forehead against hers. “Wait in here Riko-chan and I’ll take you home after were finished filming.” He said giving his girlfriend a small grin. Noriko smiled up at Nino “Aniki can walk me home Kazu-kun, you don’t need to worry.”  Nino rolled his eyes for the second time that afternoon “MatsuJun’s going to Aiba-chan’s house after work, so I’ll walk you home.” He said firmly.

Noriko nodded and tip toed up and kissed Nino on his lips “Okay, you can drop me home.” She said with a small blush looking up into Nino’s eyes. Nino grinned and leant down and kissed her again. When he pulled away he said his goodbye and mentioned that if she got bored, his Game boy Advanced was in his bag so just go and raid it, which made her laugh.

___________________________________________________

 

2 Weeks Later –

It was the weekend and Nino hadn’t spoken to Noriko for a week, which wasn’t unusual, as he generally was buys with work, however when she had asked her brother what Nino was up too this week, he replied that he had took the week off. Noriko was highly confused, she tried calling him, but he didn’t answer, She then decided to go round to Ohno’s house and get him to Call Nino as, she knew Nino always picked up for Ohno.

Nino did pick up for Ohno and Ohno told him that he was coming round to visit. Ohno took Noriko with him and When they arrived there, he put her in front of the door and knocked and then hid outside the front gate. Noriko Turned around to glare at Ohno, then turned back to the door to wait for someone to open it.

It took about 2 minutes of waiting and knocking on the door once again, for Nino to open the door. He had a look of surprise when he noticed Noriko outside. Noriko looked at his confused and unsure “Ano... Kazu-kun... is everything okay? Aniki said that you were off all week, but I hadn’t heard from you.” In all Honestly Noriko didn’t want to sound like a whiney girlfriend, but she did find it unusual, as No matter how busy Nino had been during the week, they always spoke to each other sometime during the week.

“Everything is fine. Oh but now that your here, I need to tell you something.” Noriko’s face remained confused, but she nodded as for Nino to continue. “I can’t see you anymore.” Noriko felt her heart stop beating at these words. After a few minutes of silence, Noriko looked up at Nino, tears b at the corners of her eyes...”N...N..ande? Did I do something wrong?” Nino’s eyes had taken on a cold and emotionless look. “Iie. Sorry but I’m just getting bored. Now if you’ll excuse me, I’ve got a game that I need to finish. Please don’t come round here anymore.” Noriko was still looking at Nino, Tears flowing down her face, even as he closed the door in her face.

Once the door shut, she fell down onto her knees and started sobbing. She felt arms come around her shoulders and she knew it was Ohno. “Toshi-kun....n...nande? ....N...nande? I...I don’t understand....”She mumbled out between sobs. Ohno didn’t say anything he just gathered her up in his arms and steered the crying girl out of the front garden and back to his house.

~End of Flashback~

Nino knew what Noriko was thinking about, and he remembered the day after he broke up with her, Jun had come in and punched him, hard, in the face. He had to cover the bruise up with make up for the show they were going on, and even that didn’t fully cover it. Ohno had refused to speak to him for a month, Aiba tried not speaking to him but it didn’t work and he knew Sho was angry at him, but Sho being Sho, didn’t say anything and acted like normal.

“Noriko. I’m Really sorry for the way I broke up with you back then. I was told the week before that I wasn’t allowed to date. I argued the point for the whole week, but they refused to listen to me. So I had to break up with you. I Admit, the way I chose to do it was harsh and completely unacceptable, but I didn’t want you to ask questions, if you stuck around I would have changed my mind, and I knew I couldn’t.” Nino explained to the woman beside him, not once being able to look her in the eye.

Noriko listened to the explanation closely “So you didn’t break up with me because I was boring?” Nino shook his head, forcing himself to look into her eyes for what he was about to say next “It's because I loved you too much, and I knew how much you would get hurt we tried to hide our relationship.” Noriko kept Nino’s eye contact, but looked down and blushed when he said that. “Demo... Couldn’t you let me decided whether it would hurt me. Being with you, whether it was out in the open or hidden would have been enough for me. I loved you so much...and you have no idea how much it hurt me when you broke up with me, especially in that way. But at least I know now why you did it. Even if it’s still a stupid reason and you should have told me about it.”  Noriko said softly.

 Nino sighed and nodded, he understood Noriko’s point of view. “Sorry Noriko. I’m really sorry...” he apologised once again. Noriko smiled softly, “Stop apologising, I forgave you a long time ago, I just never understood. Now I do.” She said smiling at him. “Now let’s stop talking about this. Are we going to go to Akiba still, or do ya wanna just sit at home and watch a film?” Nino looked over at the smiling girl who was totally trying to change the subject he just shook his head and answered with a laugh “Film I think. I really don’t want to put back on these damn sunglasses and hat.”  He said glaring at the said items on the coffee table making Noriko giggle.

“Film it is.”

End Chapter 5

 

 

AN: Well~ there you have it, Nino and Noriko’s back story! It took me a while to think of how Nino was going to break up with her, but I thought that that way was the harshest way I could think of at time. I hope this satisfied everyone’s curiosity haha :D Oh and Nino and Noriko are not dating as of yet, Whilst they may have sorted the akwardness out between them, there still not ready to start dating again yet. Next chapter should be up soon~!