Chapter 3

Miracle in December

“Noona! Are you okay?” Its Mingyu.

Yoonmi slowly open her eyes, regain her consciousness.

“Where… am I..?” Ask Yoonmi.

“At the hospital. I’m so glad you’re awake right now. I was so worried if something happened to you.” Reply Mingyu.

“Hospital? “ Yoonmi feel heavy on her head. She tries to sit down.

“Can’t you remember anything? You fell into Han River. Luckily there’s a man saved you that night.” Mingyu help Yoonmi to adjust her sitting position.

Yoonmi really don’t remember anything.

“Han River?” Yoonmi tries to regain her memory of that night.

Then she finally remember. She fell into the river and she felt like almost dying then someone swim to her and save her. That someone suddenly makes her realize something.

“Chanyeol!” blurt Yoonmi suddenly.

Mingyu shock hearing Yoonmi call ‘Chanyeol’ name suddenly.

“I saw Chanyeol last night Mingyu-ya. He’s the one that save me.” Tell Yoonmi.

“Noona, I think you look it wrong.” Reply Mingyu.

“I’m so sure Mingyu-ya. Its Chanyeol. He’s the one that save me. That person voice and figure really same like Chanyeol.” Yoonmi

“Noona.. Chanyeol hyung is already… gone.” Mingyu didn’t mean to hurt Yoonmi but it’s the reality.

Yoonmi remain silent. Mingyu right. Chanyeol already gone. He’s dead. Impossible for him to come and save her last night.

“Maybe.. I was too scared last night. And.. too much imagining.” Say Yoonmi slowly.

Mingyu feel sorry for her. Yoonmi still in love with Chanyeol even though he’s already passed away. There were quite many people flirting on Yoonmi but Yoonmi ignored them. She was totally not interested at all.

“By the way.. Mingyu-ya. Don’t you have concert today?” Ask Yoonmi to break the silence.

“Ah.. yes.. Its tonight. Still got bunch of time. Let me accompany you.” Offer Mingyu.

“Okay. But not too late. I’m afraid your manager will get angry and scold you if you aren’t there for tonight.” Reply Yoonmi.

“Don’t worry noona. I’ll be on time.” Say Mingyu with a smile.

**************

Mingyu hand Yoonmi’s bag to her.

“Are you sure noona? I can ask my manager to drop you off.” Ask Mingyu.

Yoonmi condition is stable so the doctor let her out.

“Sure. Don’t worry, I’ll be fine. Beside, I’ve got something to do near here.” Tell Yoonmi. Actually she doesn’t want to burden Mingyu. Mingyu done so much for her already.

“And.. Sorry Mingyu-ya, I can’t attend to your concert tonight. Maybe next time. Okay? I promise.” Continue Yoonmi.

“Its okay noona. Your health is more important. Take a good rest.” Say Mingyu with a smile.

“Okay. You too. Don’t work too much. You still a student. Rest enough after the concert. And all the best. And also. Merry Christmas Mingyu.” Wish Yoonmi.

“Merry Christmas noona.” Reply Mingyu.

After that, Yoonmi again wave her goodbye as they part. Mingyu take a taxi while Yoonmi walk on the other way. Along the way, the person that save her last night keep playing in Yoonmi mind. Yoonmi really need to know who is that person. She really hope she can meet with that person again. That person reminding her of Chanyeol, Joon Chanyeol, her boyfriend.

Yoonmi continue walking until she reach her house. People around her including her neighbor are busy preparing for Christmas. Yoonmi didn’t plan to celebrate it at all. Since last year she will stay at home watching television and do her own stuff instead of celebrating Christmas with family or friends. Her parents are far away from her. She only got a brother which also far away from her. Her brother live overseas. Once in a three month Yoonmi will visit her parents at her hometown or her parents will come and stay for a few days with her. Yoonmi used to live far away from her parents.

Yoonmi wash herself after taking rest for few minutes. Then, she cook food for herself. After that, she open the television. She watch television while she eat. Then suddenly she remember the incident when the first time she met Chanyeol two years ago in Fall.

***Flashback***

Splash!!!

“Help me!! Help me!!!” Yoonmi struggle to cry for help. She hope someone would help her. It was late night. People weren’t that many around at that time.

Yoonmi energy started to drain because of struggling hard in the river. She felt hopeless. Then miracle happen. Someone grab her and brought her back up. That person pulled Yoonmi and call her many time.

“Miss? Miss! Wake up!” That person kept hitting Yoonmi’s cheek carefully to wake her up. Yoonmi was unconscious. After watching and calling Yoonmi for many time, that person decides to do CPR towards her. Few tries, luckily Yoonmi threw out water from .

“Thanks god you’re awake.” That person let a relieve sigh.

“Thank you so much mr. I thought I’m gonna die tonight.” say Yoonmi as she hug that person and cry.

“Err… you’re… welcome…”That person  was in shock state because of sudden Yoonmi hug.

“Thank you again.I owe you a life” say Yoonmi. She still hugging that person.

After a while, Yoonmi just realized that she hugging the person for too long. The person face was blushing and so do Yoonmi.

“I’m… sorry.. I.. I didn’t realize that.. “Apologize Yoonmi.

“Its okay.. ehem..” The person face was still red.

“Err.. by the way, I’m Yoonmi. Gong Yoonmi.” Introduce Yoonmi.

“I’m Chanyeol. Joon Chanyeol.” Reply Chanyeol.

***End of Flashback***

Yoonmi let out a heavy sigh.

If only Chanyeol was alive. I’ll be celebrating Christmas with him right now.” Thought Yoonmi.

“Okay, Chanyeol-ssi please leave a message to your fans out there.”

Yoonmi look immediately at the television screen as soon as she heard ‘Chanyeol’ name. Her eyes widen.

Chanyeol?

“To my fans out there, please take care of yourself. Wear warmer cloth. Don’t catch cold and watch out your way when walk its slippery. Merry Christmas”

Yoonmi remember last night. The voice that called her. The person that save her. The voice, it’s the same.

It can’t be..”

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As I mentioned at chap 20 of this fics, I changed Doyoon character to Mingyu. So, this is an edited chap :)