Seven Days of 2PM : Nickhun

Oppa's Little Girl

  

Christmas season was finally over, and the extra chaotic-ness was taken out of their schedules. And to Kyungmi's delight, she had no school for it was Winter Break. When she woke up, she found herself all alone in her room. Maddy was nowhere in sight.

"Kyungmi ah!"

As if on cue, she appeared through the doors with a smile on her face. Kyungmi smiled back and climbed down.

"Wha-"

"Kyungmi!!!!!"

she was cut off as Ye Eun came trailing from behind. She grinned at her and ruffled her already messy hair. Her mood though, quickly changed after as the grin dispersed into a frown. "Yah! How come you didn't tell me you're going to go on a date with the Prince?!" she exclaimed. Kyungmi quirked an eyebrow. Maddy laughed and nudged the angry girl.

"Shush, she doesn't even know." she said. Ye Eun stopped scolding Kyungmi and sent a wary glance at Maddy. As if the small exchange of eye contact was enough, she nodded her head. Ye Eun returned to smiling at Kyungmi. "Well, forget what I said. So what do you plan on wearing today?" she asked. Kyungmi shrugged. She didn't plan to leave the dorm at all today for all she knew. Maddy shook her head. "Here." she said, handing her a pair of clothes. Ye Eun giggled and sent the confused girl a wink.

"Just hurry up and get dressed kay?" she said, gently pushing her into the bathroom. Kyungmi shook her head, snapping herself from her blank moment. She glanced at the mirror and ran her fingers through her hair. "Ye Eun unnie and her mood swings. . ." she murmured. Unbeknowest to her, Ye Eun heard.

She gave the door a good pound.

"Yah! I am not moody!" she exclaimed. Maddy sighed and led the now angry Wonder Girls' member away.

 


 

"Okay, I'm done." Kyungmi announced, emerging out of the bathroom. Maddy cooed at her cute outfit while Ye Eun's anger quickly drained away. "So. . .CUTE!" she squealed. Taecyeon, who just happened to come out of the kitchen quirked an eyebrow. He noticed Ye Eun and shook his head. "Have you been avoiding your medications lately Ye Eun?" he asked. Ye Eun's attention snapped away from admiring the outfit she chose for Kyungmi. She turned and glared at him. "How many times do I have to say? I. Am. Not. On. MEDICATIONS!" she shouted in fury. Taecyeon laughed, shrugging her anger off.

Kyungmi walked over to where Maddy was watching the two quarrel in amusement. She poked her.

"Yeah?'
"So you and Taecyeon oppa going steady?" she quietly asked. Maddy's face burned and she looked away. Kyungmi laughed.

Then Junsu sauntered into the room. "Can't a guy get some sleep here?" he whined. Kyungmi giggled and jumped in front of him.

"Oppa! Oppa!" she exclaimed. He looked down at her in annoyance. "What?" he asked. Kyungmi got into a cute pose.

"Don't you think I'm cute too?" she questioned.

Junsu rolled his eyes and put her in another one of his headlocks. Kyungmi pouted and began to struggle out of his grasp. "This is called child abuse you know!" she exclaimed. Junsu chuckled. "Kyungmi, you're nineteen. Techincally, you're not a child anymore." he pointed out. Kyungmi frowned and stopped trying to break free. Junsu grinned in victory. "This isn't over yet oppa. . " she mumbled before taking a big inhale of breath.

"JAEBEOM OPPA!!!!" she screamed at the top of her lungs. Junsu was about to question her until he was tackled to the ground by 2PM's leader. "I'll save you Kyungmi~!!!!"

Junsu sighed, and if he could, would have face palmed himself. Of course his hyung would do this to him.  Kyungmi laughed as she was finally freed of her evil brother's grasp. "Thank you oppa." Kyungmi said. Jaebeom grinned. "Anytime~" he said. Junsu sighed and began to struggle out of his grip.

"Yah! Wooyoung! Help!" Jay shouted. So Wooyoung came running in, jumping ontop of Junsu as well. Poor brother was  now pinned down to the ground. Kyungmi laughed.

"I don't want to know what happened, so I'll just take you and go." Nickhun said, coming into the room. She glanced at him, and back at her brother before taking his hand. "Bye oppas!" she bid farewell.

 


 

Before she knew it, she and Nickhun were on the freeway driving off. She turned the music on, hoping to fill in the silence that had consumed them a minute ago. Big Bang's Beautiful Hangover began to play and Kyungmi grinned. It had been sometime since she last saw the crazy group and its annoying leader. Nickhun peeked over at her and smiled.

"So do you have any idea where we are going today?" he asked. Kyungmi stopped mouthing the lyrics to the song and shook her head. All she knew was that she was going to spend the rest of her day with Nickhun. He grinned.

"Take a guess, it was one of your favorite places to go in your childhood." he hinted. Kyungmi closed her eyes, trying to remember bits of her past. None came up until. . .

"The ice cream parlor!!!!!" she exclaimed. Nickhun nodded his head. Kyungmi smiled nervously. Sure she was happy that she would once get another taste of the most delicious ice cream ever created, but she wasn't so excited to risk a chance bumping into any of them. She bit her bottom lip and looked out the window. She could only pray for now.

 


 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUiMaz4BNKw


 

Nickhun parked the car right outside the parlor. He got out and opened Kyungmi's door for her. She gave him a nod of recognition and looked at her favorite ice cream shop. How could it be possible to love something, yet hate it at the same time? Nickhun nudged her. "Hey, are you alright?" he asked. Kyungmi shook her head from her darkening thoughts. She could do this. So with a smile, Nickhun pulled on his cap and face mask. They were ready to go.

 

Cling! Bling!

 

The sound of the old gray bell tinkled as they entered the shop. All attention was drawn to them and Kyungmi didn't like it one bit. Everybody who was in the parlor, which wasn't much (thankfully), was looking at them. All except one couple who were huddled at a table in the farthest corner of the room. Kyungmi looked down as Nickhun led her to the register.

"What may I get you-.  .Kyungmi?! Kim Kyungmi?! Is that you? Omo. . .child, yo-"

"Ahjumma! Please, please. . .Not here." she cut the middle aged woman off. The lady glanced at Nickhun then back at her. She nodded her head. "Oh. . .alright. So what may I get you, and your. . .errr. . friend?" she asked. Kyungmi glanced over at the menu above. She loved all of the flavors to be honest, and she would have loved to have all of them in just one visit, but that wasn't possible, was it? Nickhun noticed her hesitant nature and decided to just order for her. “Can we please have your best flavor for two?” he asked.

The woman nodded her head. "Okay. To go sir?" she asked. Nickhun shook his head. "We'll eat here." he said. Kyungmi's stomach twisted. She had a bad feeling about this. . .

"Okay, your order will be served at your table. And that will all be 75 won please." she said. Nickhun took out the exact number and handed it to her. "Here you go." he said before picking out a table suitable for them. He took one near the couple in the corner. Kyungmi sighed as she sat down.

Nickhun was right next to her and she poked him, like always. “Oppa, how did you find out about this place?” she asked. Nickhun smiled. “Your brother.” he answered. Kyungmi nodded her head and looked at the couple across of them. The two seemed familiar, and Kyungmi wished her guts were wrong. But of course, as their ice cream was served, she caught a glance of the boy's face.

Jin Woo.


 

The name struck a nerve in her as emotions once buried resurfaced. Kyungmi looked down at the ice cream and poked it with her spoon. She had just lost her appetite. So now it was Nickhun's turn to poke her. “Hey, are you sure you're alright? We could go back if you want.” he said. Kyungmi shook her head and forced a smile. “I'm just a bit, dazed today. Yeah, so don't worry oppa! Here, you deserve the first taste of the ice cream.” she said brightly and fed him a spoonful of ice cream. He shivered and Kyungmi lightly laughed. “Brain freeze?” she questioned. He nodded his head. Kyungmi smiled and took a spoonful of ice cream herself. And just out of curiosity, she peeked over at the couple.


 

Soonhye. . .


 

Kyungmi bit her bottom lip. Jin Woo was with Soonhye. She looked back up at them. The two seemed to be enjoying the others company. Kyungmi spotted the watch Jin Woo was wearing. It was a present to him from her on their first year anniversary. And here he was now, wearing it and having fun with another girl. Don't you care anymore? She thought.


 

Awwww!! Oppa! Look! That watch is so old now! Why don't you throw it away? I'll just buy you a new one araso?” the annoying voice sailed over to their table. Kyungmi's eyes remained glued to her ice-cream, but she couldn't help but eavesdrop at their conversation.


 

Jin Woo shrugged, unconsciously touching a relic of his past. Why he hadn't gotten rid of it after the break up? The answer he never discovered. “It's working well, I don't see why I should.” he said. Soonhye rolled her eyes and took the watch off of his wrist herself. “Well I do! Jin Woo, who do you think your fooling? Come on! You're with me now! Forget about that trash.” Soonhye snapped, throwing the watch to the ground. Kyungmi watched as she stomped on it with her heel. She flinched as the glass shattered into pieces. Just like her heart did on that day. . .


 

Kyungmi?”


 

Nickhun's voice silenced everything in the room. Jin Woo and Soonhye's attention averted to them as well. Kyungmi shook her head and stood up. “Mianhe oppa.” she mumbled to Nickhun. She looked up at the two people of her past. She forced yet another smile. “It's nice to see you two again.” she greeted. Jin Woo was about to stand up, but Soonhye held him back.


 

The is back I see,” she smirked. Kyungmi shook with anger. “Yah.” Nickhun started. Soonhye lazily looked over at him. “-and with a new victim? Honey, I suggest you dump this . She's nothing but trouble. That's what my baby did, right oppa?” Soonhye cooed. Jin Woo's expression was of complete and utter shock. Or in other words, he was helpless of the situation.

Kyungmi looked at him, searching for some comfort that she had so long thought was gone.

He was locked in her gaze, but tore his eyes away. “Go away Kyungmi.” he said.

O-oppa. . .”

She hated how weak she suddenly sounded, but she couldn't help it. Soonhye grinned. “You heard him, go away and run off to whatever place you've contaminated.” she said. Kyungmi's hands clenched into fists. Nickhun stood up and put a protective arm around her. “Come on.” he said quietly, gently leading her out the shop. Kyungmi meekly followed his orders and got into the car. As he made his way over to the other side, she looked back into the shop. Now, the two were locked in an intense kiss. A tear fell.


 

Have you really forgotten me that easily? She wondered, closing her eyes.

 


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iLurIOIiMP4 

 

When Nickhun finally turned the engine off, the two had arrived at some far away beach. Kyungmi scanned their surroundings, finding them peaceful. The weather, wherever they were, seemed to have ignored the season's temperature seeing that it wasn't cold at all. No snow lay around, just a slight breeze or two making it a windy night. The air's aroma was filled with the salty taste of sea water. A far off city twinkled on the horizon as a full moon shined in the sky.

"I figured you might want to forget the world for a while." Nickhun spoke up. Kyungmi sent him a small smile. She ran up to him and gave him a tight hug. "Thank you oppa." she said. He nodded his head. "Anything for 2PM's little princess." he mumbled.

Kyungmi's smile broadened a bit more as she looked back at the shore. Nickhun chuckled. "Go ahead, I know you want to." he said, giving her a slight push. She giggled and ran into the sand, carelessly kicking her shoes off. She laughed as she twirled around without a care.

". . .forget the world. . ."

Nickhun's words ran through her mind as she savoured every moment she spent out on the beach. Simplicity always seemed to please her no matter what.

 

Moments passed, and soon, Kyungmi was tired. Nickhun stood up from his position and walked towards the sitting girl. He bent down to her level and gave her a white box. Kyungmi quirked an eyebrow.

"What;s this?" she asked.

Nickhun gave her a wink. "If you trust me, you'll go over to the nearest bathroom and open it." he said. Kyungmi, puzzled, could only obey his words and did as told.

So after succesfully finding a bathroom not so far away, she got into one of its stalls and opened the box. A beautiful dress and carefully crafted mask lay in it. She picked up the note that was inside.

Put this on, there's going to be a masquerade.

I planned it, and well. . .

What a better way to end the day?
 

Yours truly,

Nickhun

 

Kyungmi smiled and quickly got changed. She left the stall and examined herself in one of the mirrors. The dress fit her perfectly and complemented her figure. She beamed and put the mask on. She was ready.

When Kyungmi got to the car, Nickhun was already there in a tuxedo and mask of his own. He gave Kyungmi a bouquet of flowers and she gladly took it. "Ready?" he asked. Kyungmi nodded her head and Nickhun took her hand. He led her to a courtyard of an aging building. And as aging and old it was, the courtyard was marvelous. Its garden was blooming and radiant in the faint light of the lanterns. Music softly played from a distance, and everything seemed so. . .Magical.

"An escape from the world as I like to call it." Nickhun commented. Kyungmi gave a nod, speechless that he had gone all the way to make all this happen. "So if the lady allows it, may I?" he asked, taking Kyungmi's hand and giving it a kiss. She blushed and nodded her head. "You may." she said, and the two put on their masks. Nickhun led her into the centre of the room. He smiled, his mouth the only thing revealed from his mask. Kyungmi smiled back. Thank you oppa, thank you. . .

 


 

what do you guys think?