Run

Oppa's Little Girl

 

 

( Listen - http://video.nate.com/215393179 )

 

When Kyungmi slipped out of Kyung Hee University's gates, her walking burst into a run. Running, Kyungmi noted how she was always the best runner at school back in Daegu. And if there was an award for the best run away she would have won that too. Kyungmi closed her eyes, holding back the tears and ran faster. Run, that was all she could do. Run away from her problems, the world.

 

Promise?” Kyungmi held up her pinky. Jin Woo laughed. “What are we? First graders?” he questioned. Kyungmi smiled. “How else am I suppose to know you'll keep your word though?” she asked. Jin Woo smiled back at her and held his pinky up too. They linked them together. “Promise.” he said, and gave her a kiss on the cheek. . .

 

But he never kept his promise and broke Kyungmi's heart. Tears slipped down her eyes, but not once did Kyungmi slow down from her running.

 

Why can't you be more like your brother and be useful for once?!” her father screamed. Kyungmi cringed from his voice. The anger, it was practically dripping from it. “Kyungmi, he doesn't mean it.” her mother tried to comfort. Kyungmi's father lashed at her. “What do you mean? I mean every word I say to that. . .that thing! Stop defending her! Even you have to agree she is worthless!” her father shouted. Kyungmi bit her lip. This wasn't going to end well. And it didn't. Kyungmi was caught up in her parents' crossfire and ended up getting sent to the hospital. She got knocked out and her head had bled from crashing against the wall too hard. Now to her, there was no home anymore, it was only a house. . .

 

Kyungmi's vision was blurred and she hadn't seen the uneven sidewalk. She tripped and fell to the hard concrete pavement. Kyungmi tried to stand, but got the result of falling down again. She cringed and tried moving her ankle. It was sprained, and to add to that, her right knee was bleeding. The sky wasn't in her favor either today as the cold rain began to pour. Kyungmi closed her eyes. What was going to be of her. . .? She pulled her knees close to her and hid her face in them. She might as well use the rain to hide her tears. It's so cold. . .she thought.

 

But all of a sudden, the rain stopped pouring, and it wasn't cold anymore. Kyungmi looked up to see an umbrella over her head and a familiar jacket around her small frame. Who. . .?

Kyungmi turned her head and saw Kyuhyun standing, looking straight ahead. Then he turned his gaze and their eyes met. Kyungmi looked down.

 

Thank you. . .” she mumbled. Kyuhyun nodded his head. “For a short girl, you run fast.” he commented. Kyungmi stood silent. Kyuhyun bent down to her level. “Can you stand?” he asked. Kyungmi shook her head. “I sprained my ankle. . .”she said quietly. Kyuhyun let out a sigh and took out his cellphone. He dialed a friend's number.

 

Yoboseyo?”
 

Hyung, can you pick us up?” Kyuhyun asked.

 

I knew it! You are with a girl! What's her name? Who is she? Are you going to introduce her to us now?!” Donghae babbled on. Kyuhyun rolled his his eyes. “No hyung, she's not my girlfriend. Remember Kyungmi?” he asked. He heard Donghae let out an 'Ohhhh. . .' sound.

 

Yeah, so she's with you?” Donghae asked.

 

Yes hyung, so can you pick us up? We're out in the freezing cold rain and she's hurt.” Kyuhyun said matter-of-factly. Donghae nodded his head. “Okay! We'll be there soon!”

. . .”

 

. . .Where are you two?” Donghae's voice asked.

 

23rd Meul Street.” Kyuhyun answered and hung up. He glanced at the girl next to him. She was staring out into the rain. Kyuhyun let out a sigh, gaining her attention.

 

Well, our ride won't be here until thirty minutes or more, so mind giving me an explanation?” Kyuhyun asked. Kyungmi looked back at him, her once smiling eyes, free of emotion, and her smiling face, blank.

 

I'll take that as a no then.” Kyuhyun muttered, his eyes looked for a place to sit, and he spotted a bench not too far from them. It was shaded under a tree, so it wasn't completely soaked at all. Barely actually. He poked the lifeless Kyungmi. “Yah, let's at least sit over there.” he said. Kyungmi followed his gaze and nodded her head. She tried standing up, but fell. Kyuhyun sighed and helped her up, he and Kyungmi made their way to the bench. Kyungmi leaning on Kyuhyun for support.

 

When they got there, Kyungmi let out a sigh and hugged the jacket around her. “I'm sorry I dragged you out into this weather.” she apologized. “And the mute girl talks! But, its alright. I don't mind. Better then having dance practice.” Kyuhyun shrugged. Kyungmi let out a very small smile.

 

Oppa. . . .Have you ever run away from something?” Kyungmi asked out of the blue. Kyuhyun let a minute pass before answering.

 

Depends. . .What do you mean by that?” he said.

 

Problems, people who have hurt you. . .Things like that.” Kyungmi explained. Kyuhyun nodded his head. “In that case, no. . .Not really. Maybe when I was younger and with bullies, but no. I always face them. The better to get it over with right?” he said. Kyungmi watched the rain pour down. Splish, splash. . .

 

Right. . .” she agreed. But when she opened again to say something, a van stopped in front of them. The two looked up to see Donghae running towards them. He glanced at Kyungmi and noted her condition. “Here. . .”and with that, he picked her up. Kyungmi, taken by surprise, could only blink and let herself be carried into the van. Once all three of them were inside, she could feel all eyes on her. She looked around, seeing that it wasn't only Donghae who was in the van. There was Leeteuk, Shindong, and Eunhyuk. She offered them a small smile, they gladly returned it back.

 

Let's go now please?” Kyuhyun asked impatiently. Leeteuk nodded his head and stepped on the gas. And they were off. . .


 

short chappy, but thats cause this was all to hint ( or as my English teacher use to say, "Foreshadow") some things. . . & it was also to give you guys an insight in Kyungmi's past. Like her life back at home with her family, her past relationship, and blah, blah, blah~~ xD

Sorry if it's too depressing/boring/sad chapter. But it's an important filler. ^ ^ Hope ya liked it~ Take care & have a nice day/night!^ ^

 

ps. @nanny_yo: don't worry, I'm planning to make it a love triangle since Junho was so close^ ^ So there will be alternate endings~

One with  Nickhun & another with Junho~