Update #2

ƞew year • ƞew story || a 2014 writing competition

U
P
D
A
T
E

update 02.01.2014
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Happy February everybody! It's ℕℰω Ƴ∊αƦ ~ ƝℰᏔ ʂʈoɼƴ's one month anniversary! /confetti thrown/ In this update, I am going to talk about the judging criteria, the FAQ, and a small giveaway. PLEASE READ ALL OF IT.
 
Judging Criteria

First of all, I'd like to talk about the judging criteria. If you read the FAQ, you may have noticed that I was asked about how I would judge the people who are free-writing. Since they are not using prompts, I need to do something with the "prompt" points. After thinking about it and everything, I came up with a couple different options to fix the problem. I want your opinions on what to do about it, so please vote on the poll after reading the options!

Choice A) While scoring, I could keep the rubric as it is for people who are using prompts and add the "prompt" points onto the "plot" points to score people who are free-writing.
 
Choice B) I could add the "prompt" points onto the "plot" points for good. When people are using prompts, their prompt use would contribute to the "plot" score.
 
Choice C) I could make "Prompt Use" into a bonus opportunity, along with others (like personal enjoyment, graphics, etc.)
 
Thanks for voting! Please ask if you have any questions about the options.
 
FAQ
So I just want to start this by saying that it is NOT directed towards any specific person. It's just a general statement. Okey dokey
If you have any questions, I'm more than happy to answer them. I love every single one of you and I don't want anyone to be confused. However, please read the FAQ to make sure that your question wasn't already asked, okay? I've been repeating the same answers over and over again because nobody is reading the FAQ. I understand that it's annoying and tiresome to have to look through all of the words on the page. But, in all seriousness, if nobody's going to read it, I might as well just take it down.
 
Mini Giveaway
So, I just noticed that my contest has reached 111 upvotes, 367 subscribers, 7781 views, and 96 entries!! As I mentioned before, I am crazily excited about this, guys. I never thought this many people would be interested in my contest. And, to celebrate, I want to have a small giveaway. The giveaway consists of 250 karma and one priority pass to my shop (once it opens)
Here's how I will do it:
1) I will choose one random person out of my upvoters
2) If that random person does not PM me within a week to claim their prize, I will choose a different random person.
3) I will give them their prizes once I receive a PM.
4) That's all.
 
Winner
Congratulations to sushi-mushi for winning the first giveaway! You were the 83rd upvoter ;) Please PM me to claim your prizes!
 
And to everyone who didn't win: Thank you so much for your upvotes! I will be holding more giveaways in the future, so stay tuned!
 
((I'd like to give credit here for the idea of the random number generator. It made it a lot easier than what I was originally planning to do :D))
 
Thank You!!!
Now I am going to thank Llen_A for donating more karma to the contest! Like honestly, I never expected to have this many people donating karma. I've gotten over 3000 donated in all and this contest has only been up for a month! It's seriously crazy, awesome, and amazing. I'm still deciding how to add it all into the prizes; they are definitely going to increase :D
Even to the people who aren't donating, you are all still angels! It's making me so frickin happy to see the amount of views, upvotes, and subscribers! ILY 143.
 
Author's Note
So I just made a shop because I was bored. If any of you like to do graphics or write reviews, you should apply to work in the shop with me! I need more staff members. Click on the banner to be redirected:
It will be opened as soon as I get enough reviewers and artists. Oh, and, reviewers in the shop will most likely end up being the people who I hire as judges for this contest (because I will really know their abilities by the end of the year)
That's all for now!
XOXO,
exocontests