Update #1

ƞew year • ƞew story || a 2014 writing competition

U
P
D
A
T
E

update 01.12.14
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey guys! This is going to be a long update, but please read it all. I am going to address a lot of topics and some of it might apply to you!
 
Private Messages

The first thing that I want to talk about is PMs (Private Messages). Whenever I see a mistake or make a mistake, I PM the people it affects to discuss it. Because of this, I need to make sure that everyone knows how to check their PMs, since the AFF format just changed. I've messaged about 15 people so far, but since some of them don't understand the new format, I've been receiving a lot of confusion. So, I just decided to make an announcement about it (to avoid any future confusion).

To check your PMs, you click the little envelope button: (excuse my amazing artwork and click on the photo to see it enlarged)

When the little envelope button is red (like in the picture below), then that means that you have an unread PM. When it is white (like in the picture above), you do not have any new messages. Simple enough, right?
 
 
 
Passwords
The next thing that I want to talk about is the passwords on the submission forms. A lot of people have gotten confused about it, and I messaged all of those who did. However, I would still like to address it and make a few announcements.
 
1) I immediately delete every entry where someone puts in the wrong password. This is because I automatically assume that you gave me the password to your AFF account. I feel really stalker-ish and hacker-ish to have your passwords, so I have to delete those forms. I'm just a pure, honest person, you know? Haha, not really. Anyways, I wanted to say that if you entered the wrong password, then you must submit the form again. There are two reasons for this: 1. Because I delete the original form 2. Because I want to make sure that you read the rules.
 
2) The password is hidden in the rules, so if you are re-submitting, please re-read the rules.
 
3) Don't feel bad about it! I honestly did the same exact thing when I first submitted an entry to a contest. I don't want you guys to feel stupid or embarassed about it; it's an honest mistake and you are not the only one.
 
4) I added a caption/hint onto the form so that this wouldn't happen anymore. So, if you haven't submitted yet, don't worry about this.
 
Prompt Numbers
This is something that not everyone has to pay attention to, but it is still important because it might apply to you! I made a serious mistake when I first posted the prompts chapter. I screwed up the numbers greatly as you can see in this photo (click on it for enlargement)
Basically what I did was go in this order: 28, 29, 30, 28, 28, 28, 28, 29, 30, 31... (I screwed up the numbers starting at 28 probably because I was delirious or high or something lmao). I have it fixed now so that it goes in this order: 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34... So a lot of the prompt numbers have changed.
 
I made sure to update all of the prompt #s on the "Entries" chapter, so those are correct. But, the thing is, there are a lot of people who wrote the prompt numbers that they chose in their forewords (which is what I want everyone to do because it helps me out a lot). And the prompt numbers that they have in their forewords may be wrong now, since I changed everything starting from #28.
 
Please check to make sure that the prompt #s you have in your forewords are the correct ones!
 
Subbies
So now I want to thank everyone who is subscribed to my story. I am so greatful to have over 300 subscribers c: Plus, I have a little over 70 upvotes. Honestly, I never thought I'd win the bid or get this many subbies in such a short amount of time; it hasn't even been two weeks since I opened the contest. I'm glad that so many people are interested in entering. You guys are all seriously awesome!
The second thing that I want to say is something that my friend Jojo pointed out to me. This contest is sixth most subscribed for the "contest" tag! O.o I honestly did not anticipate this. Please continue to spread the word, subscribe, and upvote ;)
 
Karma
This is the last thing that I want to address in this update. I've had so many generous and lovely people donate karma to this contest in the past two days!! Because I have received a lot of karma, I am planning on adding a little random drawing for some lucky upvoters and subscribers to win small prizes. I was thinking about having a random drawing every two months or something. What do you think?
 
Anyways, let me now present my chingus who donated karma:

Taorishan 

ilubgreentea1 

K-POPmacaroonBakery

Oheemgee

MinWook89

Be thankful to these beautiful people for helping raise the grand prize and second prize karma. They are also the reason that I might make the random drawings for subscribers and upvoters! <3
 
Author's Note
Sorry for making such a long- update orz.
 
There is one last thing that I want to say, though. /slapped/ I have over 50 entries so far! Which is seriously awesome! But if I continue to get even more (which I hope I do), I will request for judges because there is no way for a lazy procrastinator incredibly preoccupied person like me to read and score all of them OTL
 
I promise to make my future updates less long and boring.
 
XOXO,
Serena