Prompts

ƞew year • ƞew story || a 2014 writing competition

P
R
O
M
P
T
S

quote prompts
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hello everyone! A lot of people have been asking me what a "prompt" actually is and how to use it. I just posted my answer in the FAQ, so go check it out if you're confused.
 
001. When I do something great, nobody ever seems to remember, but when I do something wrong, no one can ever seem to forget.
002. Nobody cares if you're miserable, so you might as well be happy.
003. The world doesn't understand me and I don't understand the world. That's why I've withdrawn from it.
004. It's hard to forget someone who gave you so much to remember.
005. If you love something, let it go. If it comes back, it's yours to keep. If it doesn't, it was never yours in the first place.
006. You didn't love her. Maybe you think you did, but you didn't. Because you don't destroy people you love.
007. You lose yourself trying to hold onto someone who doesn't care about losing you.
008. You don't like me? That's great. I don't wake up every day to impress you.
009. Do whatever you want with your life. In the end, we still all die.
010. I'm not afraid of the dark. I'm afraid of what lurks in the shadows.
011. I'm not afraid of heights. I'm afraid of falling.
012. What's the point of living if we're all just going to die anyways?
013. Happy endings? No such thing.
014. You treated me like an option, so I left you like a choice.
015. If she knew the things you've done, she wouldn't be acting so kind towards you.
016. There's always some truth behind "just kidding," some knowledge behind "I don't know," some emotion behind "I don't care," and some pain behind "it's okay."
017. Do you tell me lies because they sound better?
018. You are not responding the way I imagined you would respond when I acted out this conversation in my head. Stop it.
019. It was hard to describe, but something about her was changing.
020. Trying to forget someone you love is like trying to remember someone you never met.
021. It seems like I'm happy all of the time, but I'm human too. It's not possible to always be happy.
022. Girls argue with words a lot. Then, they start getting logical. Then, it gets confusing. So, guys always lose.
023. The best way to get revenge is to smile, be happy, and never let them know it hurt.
024. I don't like being the girl you only go to when you need to feel wanted―the girl who loves you with everything she has, but you don't care about―the rebound girl who means nothing to you, but you keep leading on anyways.
025. Instead of telling me that time heals everything, give me some advice that actually works.
 

P
R
O
M
P
T
S

song prompts
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you choose to use one or more of the ten song prompts, there are two ways that you can use the prompt in your story. The first option is to choose one or more quotes from the lyrics and put them into the story like you would use a quote prompt. If you chose to do this, you would have to say in your foreword what quotes you are using and what song it is from. The second thing you could do with a song prompt is use the idea or meaning behind the lyrics and turn it into a story. You would have to let me know you were doing that in your foreword as well.
Click on the play button above each song to listen to them ^o^
Also, check out the lyrics.
 

026. "You Don't Know" by M-Signal (Lyrics Here)
 

027. "Machine" by EXO-K (Lyrics Here)
 

028. "It's Cold" by Epik High and Lee Hi (Lyrics Here)
 

029. "First Love" by Junhyung and BTOB (Lyrics Here)
 

030. "Go Away" by 2NE1 (Lyrics Here)
 

031. "Rose" by Lee Hi (Lyrics Here)
 

032. "Intuition" by CN.BLUE (Lyrics Here)
 

033. "After Time Passes" by Junhyung and BTOB (Lyrics Here)
 

034. "There Is No Love" by Gummy (Lyrics Here)
 
 
035. "Black & White" by G.NA (Lyrics Here)
 

P
R
O
M
P
T
S

photo prompts
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you choose to use one of the five photo prompts, you will have to base some of your story off of the photo(s) you have chosen. This could mean using the actual scene, using it as a metaphor, etc. It's really your choice how you want to put it in, but I should be able to tell that it's there.
036.
 
037.
 
038.
 
039.
 
040.
 
041.

 

P
R
O
M
P
T
S

extra info
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To all of my readers and writers:
 
Hi guys! Happy New Year! Here are the prompts that you can choose to work from. There is a limit; and I've decided to make it five. Sorry, but any more than that would just be too much for my small, lazy, shriveled brain to handle. OTL.
 
Make sure to note the prompts you will be using in your Forewords because I might forget if you don't (my brain is unable to comprehend things easily).
 
Another thing: Free-writing without a prompt is okay if so desired. Just make sure to comment and tell me that you don't want to use a prompt. Wait for me to "okay" it before you start writing, also. It will make me less confused about not seeing a prompt in your foreword.
 
Last thing: I will post the rubric and such tomorrow. Patience please. ;A;
 
Last last thing: if you have any questions, ask! Click here to submit a question and I will post it in the FAQ section (which will be made soon too). Questions can be anonymous if you so desire.
 
XOXO,
Serena
 

layout designed by: roomforsquares layout shop!