Update #7

ƞew year • ƞew story || a 2014 writing competition

U
P
D
A
T
E

update 07.17.2014
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The bright, sunny season called Summer is offically over now. Well, not really; but school starts soon *NOOO*. Not that I do much in the summer except sleep, eat, and avoid the outside world at all costs. Funny story: I checked my school's summer reading list yesterday, and discovered that I had to cram in three books. I read Lord of the Flies, The Secret Garden, and A Death in the Family in one day - it was incredibly painful. Now I have to pack my stuff into boxes and clean my room tomorrow.

*sigh*

Wait. Let's rewind here. I'm getting off track. But, long story short, I figured it was about time for me to make this announcement. I waited two whole months so I could be sure of the general poll results.

And, it's pretty obvious that nobody wants an extension. So hurry up; the contest ends tomorrow guys.

Haha, just kidding!

The vast majority of those of you who voted on whether or not the contest should have an extension said that "YES!" you needed more time to finish stories.

So you know what that means! It's now time to decide exactly how long the context will be extended. And I have no fooking clue how long that should be. Six months? Four years? Two milleniums? Liek srsly somebody help me out here.

I'm going to make a poll to let you all decide that for me, but please keep in mind these three more things that I just thought of:

1) If you are confident that your story is complete before the deadline is over and there is absolutely nothing more to go over, please comment and tell me so. This way, the judging can start as soon as possible.

2) Another NYNS will begin on January 1, 2015; so if you feel that the contest extension is not enough for you - just head over to the second edition of this contest! Submissions will not be open until the new year, of course, and you may not enter stories that were started before January first. However, prompts will be posted and stuff within the next month; so you're allowed to begin brainstorming.

3) I have just updated the Judging Criteria chapter. Please go look at it, and leave me suggestions for any bonus opportunities you'd like to see!

And so, without any further ado, here is the contest extension poll:

 


 

And, last but not least, I decided to do another random upvoter giveaway!

As always, these are the guidelines:

1) I will choose one random person out of my upvoters
2) If that random person does not PM me within a week to claim their prize, I will choose a different random person.
3) I will give them their prizes once I receive a PM.
4) That's all.
 
Congratulations to General for winning! Please PM me to claim your prizes, which consists of:
-350 karma pts.
-1 virtual hug from yours truly
-1 VIP pass at Blossom Reviews
 
And to everyone who didn't win: Thank you so much for your upvotes! I will be holding more giveaways in the future, so stay tuned!
 

XOXO,

Serena

OH AND PS. YOU CAN STILL APPLY TO BE A JUDGE. THE FORM IS AVAILABLE HERE. JUDGES WILL BE OFFICIALLY SELECTED WITHIN A MONTH. THE LIST SHALL BE POSTED BY OCTOBER FIRST.