Chapter 6

We Belong Together

Minseok was sitting across the table, fidgeting nervously as he watched Jongdae inhaled the minty stench of the medicine. They were still in Minseok's house but they were alone. Once Jongdae opened his eyes from his deep slumber, Luhan's concerned face greeted him and that made Jongdae hyperventilated. In the end, Minseok sent Luhan away in order to calm the chaos.

Jongdae let out a satisfied exhale before looking sharply at the older boy. Minseok's stomach churned in a bad way as Jongdae arched a brow at him. "Explain from the beginning."

With those words, Minseok automatically opened his mouth and let out the explanations Jongdae wanted.

"Jongdae, you know how much I want to feel loved. I was abandoned by my family, you know that, and I have lived for the rest of my lives telling lies to people and putting up a facade. But, I'm tired. I want to have someone who will love me forever so--"

"Is that why you're in a relationship with China's most handsome man?" Jongdae interrupted him with a question, his eyes narrowing as he watched Minseok closely.

Minseok blushed madly at the question. He abruptly shook his head and said, "Good heavens, no! I am not in a relationship with him. He's too perfect and nice."

Jongdae continued to narrow his eyes at him. "Then, what is your relationship with him?"

Minseok smiled bashfully at him before answering, "Let's just say we're friends with benefits. I will help him with his heat problems while he will help me to conceive a child."

There was a long pause after Minseok answered the question. Tension was suffocating him as time goes by and still, Jongdae was still staring at him with those unreadable look. The older man wished he could get reaction from his bestfriend because this is quite terrifying than any horror movies he had watched.

"A CHILD!?"

The sudden shout almost made the house shook violently. Minseok crouched down for a little, trying not to put his hands on his ears. Jongdae suddenly stood up from his seat and began to pace around the room.

"Why will you want a child, hyung!? You're still a college student. . We're going to graduate in less than six months. Why do you want someone to knock you up?"

"I--"

"No. I'm not yet finished!" Jongdae shrieked. He put his hands on his hair and began to ruffle his hair aggressively. "Hyung, why does the man have to be the Luhan? Don't you know how dangerous that man is? Incase you don't know, hyung, that man is the talented idol star of a famous Chinese boygroup. He's also the awaited of heir of China. Plus, he is a Lu, the wealthiest family in China."

"I know that." Minseok whispered with a pout. Jongdae ignored him since fear and anger has already clouded his eyes and ears.

"You know that you're playing with fire, hyung? , hyung! His fans, his bodyguards, his pitbulls, his family and China will going to kill you if you continue this idea." Jongdae shrieked in frustration. 

Minseok didn't say anything. He knows that. Everyone will going to chase him with knives in their hands. But, he trusts Luhan. Luhan will protect him from those people. Luhan will save him if his life was in danger. What fear Minseok is not the death threat he will receive from the fans but his unknown feelings for Luhan that made him want to change his plan.

"I trust him." Minseok whispered with his head bowed.

Jongdae turned to him in a snap. "What?"

"I trust him, Jongdae. He will going to protect me. He will save me if I'm in danger. I trust him wholeheartedly. He will never let anyone to harm me." Minseok said.

Jongdae wanted to ask him if he loves Luhan. Jongdae wanted to ask him if Luhan will love him back. He has so many questions he want to brought up. But, Minseok's tired eyes made him close his mouth and swallow his questions. So, with a sigh, he let out the words he knew he will going to regret.

"Fine. I'll support you." Jongdae said in a defeated tone.

"You will?" Minseok asked.

"Yes," Jongdae answered with a sigh. I just hope I will not regret this later, he thought to himself as he watched Minseok's smile gets wider.

"Ohh, thank you, Jongdae. You're such a good friend." Minseok chanted over and over again as he hugged the daylights out of Jongdae. Once his vision was making him dizzy, Jongdae pushed Minseok from him and stared at his eyes. "I'm not yet finished asking questions, hyung!"

With that, Minseok happily obliged to let go of him and listen to his next question. Jongdae rubbed his palms all over his face, trying to rinse out the anxiety and frustration that was made by his bestfriend. "Once you get pregnant, what will you do?"

"Ohh, that! I will ravish my baby with love and care. I will lo--"

"No. I wasn't talking about the baby. I was talking about him. What will you do with him if you get pregnant?"

The question left Minseok hanging for an answer. Of course. His promise. The deal. Everything snapped before him and he was left with nothing but the truth. This whole relationship was only a deal, indeed. He was just satisfying Luhan's lust while Luhan was helping him to conceive. There's no love and care written in the contract.

"I-I'm going to leave him after I get pregnant." Minseok muttered with his head bowed.

Jongdae scrunched his nose in distaste at Minseok's answer. Maybe, he was getting irritated by the fact that Minseok is using someone for his own benefit. But, he was much irritated by the fact that Minseok has taken a liking to the other man and he keeps pushing away the idol's feelings. If his bun-faced friend was not his only bestfriend, he would have slapped some senses from the other. But, he kindly held it but only sigh at him.

"I need to go home, hyung. Junmyeon is probably waiting for me." Jongdae muttered tiredly. Minseok nodded at the statement. He quietly ushered Jongdae to the door and hugged him before the younger goes out.

"Thank you for sticking with me even in the stupidest situation I'm in." Minseok whispered. Jongdae just smiled at him and ruffled his hair.

"No problem. That's what best friends are for. Just make sure you avoid the media and Luhan's family." Jongdae advised that made Minseok nodded like a kid. Jongdae grinned at him. He was about to leave Minseok behind when he remember something again.

"Ohh, this will be the last question." he said, making Minseok crossed his arms at him but the smile was evident on Minseok's face. "How long did you met Luhan?"

Minseok thought for a moment, trying to remember when did he first met Luhan. "Eight months. Yeah, eight months."

"Eight months? Then, you're saying you have been doing this 'deal' for eight months but there's still no results?"

Minseok nodded sadly. The thought of not bearing a child was taking his happiness away from him. Jongdae probably sensed the change of mood from his bestfriend so he patted his shoulders.

"Hyung, you can't bear a child with just having with him. You need to make love with him in order to get a child." Jongdae said before patting his back and closing the door.

Minseok just stared at the closed door, his mind was filled by insecurities and fear. But, does he loves me?

 

 

Minseok was panting hard as he flopped down on the bed, his lower back aching from the deed earlier. He jumped a little when a comforting hand caressed his back in a soothing manner. The kisses on his back was the final straw for him to close his eyes. He was about to go to the dreamland when the grip around his body tighten, waking him up.

"So, how did it go with Mr. Bestfriend?" Luhan asked, his chin resting on Minseok's shoulders before sneaking a kiss from the other. Minseok let out a giggle before pushing Luhan's face away from him. He sat up on the bed and smiled at Luhan.

"Well, he's fine with it. He told me he will support me with this idea." Minseok happily uttered.

Luhan smiled at him, tackling him under the sheets again. Giggles erupted from their mouths as Minseok threw the blanket over their head. They began to tickle each other, trying to get the other to giggle with their sneaky hands. It was for a moment when Luhan stopped and just stared at Minseok's beautiful orbs that looks happy and contented. He never heard the other say things about having a baby and crying about it. Is it possible that he change Minseok's mind?

Sensing that the other stopped from playing with him, Minseok looked up, only to be bewitched by Luhan's pretty eyes. Those eyes, those pretty and sparkling eyes is what made Minseok to choose him to become his partner. He loves those eyes and wants to see it in everyday of his life.

Afraid that the silence might cause awkwardness between them, Luhan decided to break it. His love and adoration for the other was overflowing and he can't handle it anymore. "Minseok, I lo--"

His proclamation of love was interrupted by his phone, snapping him out of his reverie and bringing him back to reality. He would have ignored the call. He would have kissed Minseok and continue proclaiming his love for the older. But, Minseok nudged him, telling him to answer the phone since it might be important.

He quickly get up from the bed and tossed Minseok his shirt so he can wear it. Once Minseok was finally wearing some clothes, he took his phone and answered it with an angry hello.

"Hyung?" the caller said in an anxious tone.

"What the hell, Yixing? It's two in the morning. What is--"

"Playtime is over. You need to go back now, hyung."

Luhan raised his brow from Yixing's bold words. "And, why will I?"

"Manager-gege has awoken from his deep slumber. And, if you don't get back here in five minutes, you will never see your princess again." With that, the phone ended, leaving Luhan frustrated and mad.

He was still mumbling curses and profanities under his breath when he felt a hand on his shoulders. "What's wrong, Lulu?" That voice, that voice is what makes him sane in his everyday life. Why does his manager need to take it away from him?

"Minseok, I need to go back. My manager is searching for me." Luhan said hurriedly but he was still in his same spot, beside Minseok.

Minseok panicked at those words. He quickly tossed Luhan his pants and shoes at him as he told Luhan to hurry. But, Luhan doesn't listen. He took his time dressing himself and watched Minseok scurry around the room, making him smile every second.

When Luhan was dressed and ready to go, Minseok handed him his bag and smoothed his wrinkled shirt. Minseok was about to open the door for Luhan when the latter took his hand and planted a passionate kiss on his lips. Time was forgotten, manager-gege vanished in their memory as they melted in each other's mouth.

Air become the barrier for their exchanged of kisses. Luhan reluctantly let go of the other's lips and rested his forehead on Minseok's. "I'll fix this. I'll come back tomorrow. Just wait for me."

Minseok wanted to tell him that he doesn't need to come back every night because he doesn't mind. But, Luhan was pressing kisses on every inch of his face while muttering 'wait for me' under his breath. So, he nodded at Luhan.

That night, Minseok didn't sleep at all.

 

 

"Waaaaaaaaaah!"

Minseok wanted the ground to swallow him whole. Surely, walking down the hallway with an eccentric bestfriend was not a good way to start the semester. He was about to escape from Jongdae's crazy zone when the latter wrapped an arm around his shoulders and proclaimed that he ing missed Ms. Taeyeon, his mathematics professor.

He wanted to slapped Jongdae with his thick Chemistry book when someone caught his eye. There, before him, was Junmyeon, smiling brightly at him with his camera on his hands.

"Jongdae, what is your brother doing in here?" Minseok whispered to . . . no one. He started to look for Jongdae, only to find the other guy greeting- more like flirting- with enthusiasm Professor Taeyeon, completely forgetting that he has a bestfriend to cater on.

Calling for Jongdae was too late when Junmyeon suddenly latched himself on Minseok's body, earning some few stares from the people around them, and began to thank him continuously. "Minseok, I miss you so much! I wanted to thank you for building a bridge between me and Yixing. Don't you know I already proclaim you as our Cupid and our bestman?"

"Uhm, thank you?" Minseok doesn't know if he will be grateful or burden by the idea since Junmyeon was too immersed with his imagination bubble that he can't absorb what was Minseok was saying.

Junmyeon finally let go of Minseok's body and was beginning to talked about Yixing, babies with dimples and Minseok being their godfather. Minseok just nodded at him, ttrying to end the conversation as soon as possibe. He was searching for Jongdae around the campus since Junmyeon was becoming more eccentric as his imagination took him to the next level.

He was trying to find his bestfriend who got lost out of his sight when he caught a glimpse of a familiar face, well, in this case, faces. He narrowed his eyes as he tried to single out those faces from the crowd. He had seen them somewhere but he can't remember it clearly. Vague conversations and smiles clouded his mind as he tuned out of Junmyeon's little bubble.

He must be staring so hard because of the faces turned to him. The once drooped-lids turned into huge eyes as if he recognized Minseok. It was then realization hits Minseok and he was staring at the guy with the same expression, stopping Junmyeon from talking.

"Minseok, are you okay?" Junmyeon asked suspiciously.

Minseok didn't answer him, instead, he whispered, "Jongin?" under his breath.

Junmyeon knows that Jongin was not his name and he knows that Minseok is not an idiot to call him in a different name since he mentioned his name a couple of times to him. So, he turned around and look at the distance Minseok was looking. He spotted a tan boy with thick lips staring at them with wide eyes. The tan boy has his arms locked with a demure boy with the most beautiful lips Junmyeon had ever seen in his life.

He was about to ask Minseok if he knows them when the boy with heart-shaped lips turned to them and flinched at them. He felt Minseok stilled on his position, too, making him more curious. The staring contest lasted for three seconds before the demure boy glared at them and grabbed the tan boy's neck before placing his beautiful lips on the other.

Every student in the hallway stopped on their tracks (even Jongdae who was too busy flirting) as they watched the whole scene unfold before them. Junmyeon gasped out loud while Minseok just closed his eyes, praying that he will not cross path with Jongin's fiancee later.

 

 

"Did you know them, hyung?" Junmyeon asked him when they were walking to their room. He learned that he have the same classes with Junmyeon in History. After the scene a while ago, he promised to himself to walk and listen to Junmyeon just to avoid Jongin's fiancee.

"Uhh, no. I just saw them somewhere." Minseok lied, not trusting himself to explain more.

"They sure attracted lots of attention earlier. They kissed in the middle of the hallway with students passing by. Good thing, the dark-skinned boy pushed him and took him somewhere else." Junmyeon blabbered to Minseok as if Minseok didn't see it earlier. "Do you think they continue it somewhere? Oh my gosh! What if they were doing it to the next level? Holy broccoli! I ship them!" 

Minseok just hurriedly walked away from him, ashamed of Junmyeon who was busy giggling like little girl. He doesn't know why but he suddenly felt dizzy. He was seeing the surroundings as if he was underwater.

"Hyung? Are you okay?" Junmyeon asked worriedly as he put an arm on Minseok's shoulders.

"I'm fine. It's probably by the hunger. I didn't eat breakfast earlier." Minseok said with his hand on his head.

Junmyeon asked him to breathe slowly in order to regulate his breathing. Minseok did what he was told and he felt the dizziness leaving his system. They continued their way to their room with Junmyeon ushering him.

At last, they reached their room with no difficulties. Junmyeon entered the room first while Minseok just followed him. It was when he surveyed the room that the dizziness came back. There, in the third row, was Jongin sitting, staring at him with wide eyes, while Kyungsoo just stared at him with stoic eyes.

Minseok planned to stay way from them but when Junmyeon took his hand and sit beside Kyungsoo and Jongin's table, he felt the want to murder someone.

"Hello. I'm Junmyeon. Please treat me well." Junmyeon introduced himself at the two. Minseok can hear the tint of excitement on his voice but decided to ignore it.

"Hi. I'm Kyungsoo. And this is Jongin, my fiancee." Kyungsoo said with a smile, although there's an edge in his tone when he said the last two words. Minseok flinched on his spot, Jongin stared at Kyungsoo with a surprised expression while Junmyeon just awkwardly smiled back.

"Well, this is Minseok-hyung, my not fiancee." Junmyeon said. "Would you like to sit with us at lunch today?"

 

 

Never in his life would Minseok dreamed of strangling and drowning a pale guy with his own hands. Surely, Junmyeon was like a sneaky bastard, creating way to his execution. He invited the two people Minseok was trying to avoid at lunch and chatted with them about Oh-so and his love for Yixing.

Jongin threw him an apologetic look that Minseok nodded with a smile. He later received a glare from Kyungsoo before the latter returned to Junmyeon, smiling and nodding at what the pale boy was talking about.

Jongdae was sipping on his milk, silently judging the tension on the air as he listened to Junmyeon's rants about a fangirl who stole Yixing's underwear. He glanced at Minseok, trying to extract some information from him but only received a later from Minseok.

"So, Kyungsoo, what course are you taking?" Jongdae suddenly asked, interrupting Junmyeon.

Kyungsoo looked up before smiling at him. "I'm taking up Medicine."

"How about you, Jongin?" Jongdae asked, making the boy jumped on his seat.

"I'm taking Mechanical Engineering." Jongin shyly answered.

"Really? Minseok and Jongdae are also taking engineering, too." Junmyeon mused, making the atmosphere heavier than usual. Jongdae stared at his brother unimpressedly, not appreciating his brother's dense mind.

"Engineering is a course full of mathematics and logics. You're probably good at Math, Minseok?" Kyungsoo asked, his voice coating Minseok's name with honey and poison.

"U-uhmm, slight." Minseok answered awkwardly.

"Care to tell me the integral of sine u?" Kyungsoo asked with a sly smile on his lips.

Minseok doesn't want to answer the question because it seems like a trap for him. Jongdae was raising his brow at Kyungsoo's random question while Jongin was sweting like a freak on his spot. The silence was suffocating so he decided to answer it.

"I-it's negative cosine u." Minseok answered, expecting a snarky comment from Kyungsoo.

"Ding~ Dong~ Deng~" Kyungsoo singsonged as he smiled brightly at Minseok. Minseok doesn't know what was happening so he smiled back while Junmyeon clapped eagerly.

"Ohhh. In order to express my gratitude for making us your friends, I'll share my lunch with you." Kyungsoo proclaimed as he turned to take away the containers inside his bag.

With Kyungsoo's back at them, Minseok shoot Jongin a questioning look. He received a confused look and a shrug from Jongin before Kyungsoo turned back to them with a smile. He placed the containers before them.

Jongdae suspiciously stared at the food before him while Junmyeon squealed in glee because of the free food he received. Kyungsoo continued talking, telling them that he cooked the curry ranmyeon all by himself and encouraging them to try it.

Kyungsoo was pleased to see the three of them were tasting his food with smile on their faces. His smile grew wider when he spotted Jongin enjoying his food. But, the smile on his face was replaced by a frown when he found Minseok just staring at the food with his face scrunched in disgust.

"Is there something wrong, Minseok?" Kyungsoo asked, making the other three to turned to their hyung.

Minseok didn't answer. The dizziness a while ago returned and the stench of the ranmyeon was horrid. He doesn't know why he was like that yet ranmyeon was one of his favorite food. He unconciously put a hand on his nose, a disgusted look evident on his face, offending Kyungsoo.

Jongdae was the first one to put a hand on his back to calm him. Minseok thought he was calming down but when he found and smelled egg on the dish before him, the bile in his stomach threatens to come. Feeling himself wanting to vomit, he stormed out of the table and ran to the nearest comfort room, leaving the other four stupefied by his actions.

"That is quite rude." Kyungsoo said.

 


Author's Note:

Finally, I finished this chapter. /throws eggs everywhere/

I'm so sorry for the late and horrible update. I was too busy with school and my friends' weird antics last Valentine's Day. I got some letters from them that I want to share with you.

tumblr_n16ylvCwWf1r3svofo5_1280.jpg tumblr_n16ylvCwWf1r3svofo4_1280.jpg

tumblr_n16ylvCwWf1r3svofo3_1280.jpg

tumblr_n16ylvCwWf1r3svofo2_1280.jpg

tumblr_n16ylvCwWf1r3svofo1_1280.jpg

Aren't they sweet? /laughs/

Anyway, thank you for reading and commenting. I appreciate them a lot. I love you all.

I'll try to put some Kaisoo and Sulay in the next chapter.

Goodbye~ See you in the next chapter.