Chapter 25

We Belong Together

Sehun was happily playing with his Uncle Luhan with his favorite blanket. Even with a blanket, Luhan managed to bring joy to the little boy as he lifted the boy's body with a blanket and pretend he was Superman. Gurgles of laughter erupted from the room as the older man lifted the boy around the living room using the blanket. He was making loud swishing sounds when a piercing shriek was heard.

"Sehun!" Minseok shouted when he found his son dangling around with a blanket around his tummy. The position looks uncomfortable in Minseok's view. Plus, it is dangerous if Luhan managed to get hold off the blanket. His terrified expression was then replaced by an irritated one before he shot Luhan a glare. "You should know that that is dangerous."

A chuckle came out from Luhan's lips after he set down Sehun back to the ground. "We were playing and it makes Sehun happy." he said before he ruffled the pouting boy's hair.

"Again. Again." Sehun pleaded on Luhan's knees, completely unhappy of landing down on his feet.

Luhan wanted to play with Sehun more but Minseok's glare on him have a huge effect on him. After these times, he still find himself obeying a displeased Minseok. He gently picked up the little boy from the floor and pecked his chubby cheeks.

"Sorry, Sehun. You heard your Daddy. It is dangerous." he said, bouncing the little boy in his arms.

"It is not denjeruth." the little boy whined as he thrashed in Luhan's arms.

Seeing his son thrashing like a spoiled brat, Minseok wanted to chastise him for his attitude. He doesn't want to see this side of Sehun again. But before he can even let out a word, Luhan nuzzled his face on the little boy's neck, tickling the boy in the process. 

"I'm tired of playing Superman, baby. How about we play helicopter this time?" he asked, diverting the boy's attention from their previous play.

"Helicotper?" Sehun asked, tilting his head in confusion. "What is that?"

"Helicopter," Luhan corrected him. "It will be played like this,"

At once, Luhan got hold of Sehun's little arms and swung him carefully as he his spot. Sehun was giggling with glee as he felt himself flying around in circles. He was about to chant faster when the turning was stopped and he found himself on the arms of his Daddy.

"For heaven's sake, is there any game you know without having Sehun swung and lifted on air?" Minseok asked as he held the thrashing boy in his arms. "You are a child hazard, Luhan."

A boisterous laugh was heard from Luhan. He rubbed the back of his neck before smiling sheepishly at Minseok. Indeed the game is dangerous, but Sehun finds it exciting so he just play with it. Spending time with the toddler made him realized that Sehun likes games where he will be lifted on air.

"Anyway, dinner is ready." Minseok announced before he brings the toddler in his arms to the dining room, ignoring the little complaints and whines coming from the child.

The image of Minseok carrying a pouting Sehun in his arms made him froze in his spot. Slowly, warmth seeped through his body as he watched Minseok pressing kisses on the little boy's face to cheer the child up. A smile grazed on Luhan's lips as he watched the scene. Taking this as an opportunity, he took out his phone and captured the scene with his camera. He was quick enough to hide the device as fast as he can when Minseok and Sehun turned to the sound.

"Xiao Lu, let's eat." Sehun called out. Luhan responded with a smile before he strode to the little room.

Minseok didn't say anything when the little boy reached for the incoming man. He just gave Sehun in defeat when the little boy started to thrashed around. Luhan saved him the trouble by taking Sehun from his arms and gently chastising the boy for making his Daddy mad. Just like how Luhan used to chastise the fetus Sehun inside his tummy when the little kicks are unbearable.

Looking away, Minseok focused himself in taking the plates out of the cabinets and setting it on the table. His eyes were set on pouring the soup on the bowl yet his ears were attentive with what Luhan is telling to Sehun.

"Sehun, you should be a good boy." the man started as he placed himself on his seat. "You should obey your father and don't cause him trouble. Your Daddy might get hurt when you kicked around like that. You might get hurt too if your Daddy accidentally dropped you." 

Being scolded by his favorite person, Sehun stayed silent, his head bowed in sorry and his lips quivering. Minseok wanted to slap Luhan for making his boy cry like that but he shut his mouth when he heard his son mumbling.

"Hun is sorry, Uncle Luhan." the little boy mumbled as he pressed his face on Luhan's shirt.

"Promise me you will be a good boy in the future, Sehun." the older man asked.

"Yes, Uncle. I promise."

Pretending he didn't hear the conversation between the two, Minseok placed the bowl on the table without even responding to Luhan's thanks. He ignored the other man as he walked towards the cooker to get some rice. His hand shook as he scooped rice from the cooker. His thoughts were scattered as he repeated the talk between his son and Luhan. When he glanced back towards the table, he found Sehun sitting on Luhan's lap as he obediently sipped that broth that Luhan offered him.

And, that's when he realized something. No matter how hard he tries to separate his son from Luhan, Sehun will still ask for him. The boy will still crave affection from the other because Luhan is Sehun's father.

Minseok blinked his tears away, feeling guilty by hiding Luhan from Sehun. As he walked towards the father and son, his mind kept on chanting. Don't ask for more, Minseok. This is just dinner. No reconciliation. No kisses. No hugs. No love. Block everything to protect Sehun. Mustering a smile on his face, he placed the rice bowls on the table and sat on his seat. His and Luhan's hand touched for a moment when he passed him his rice bowl. He felt butterflies in his stomach when Luhan smiled at him sweetly. He quickly turned his attention from the other man and focused in his food.

He hated to admit it but for four years, he finds himself enjoying his dinner that night.

 

 

 

The protests of the abused keys in her laptop was ignored as her eyes stayed on the screen. With a last tap on the enter key, Yoona relaxed on her chair as she watched the file got downloaded in the computer. A lot of people sees her as a perfect housewife who works as a designer in the fashion industry. A woman who will greet her husband with a smile and a delicious food displayed on their table when he got home. But, they are all wrong. Yoona never wait for Luhan. She never cooked for the man either since her husband doesn't go home at that time. She is not just a fashion designer. She is also a good hacker and programmer.

Smiling in content when the computer informed her that the data was successfully downloaded to her flash drive, Yoona took it from the computer and hid it in her safe. It is not yet the right time to expose her family's dirty works. She needs the attention of the media and Seunggi's acceptance before she set her family on fire. Luhan is taking ages to console with Minseok and this is driving her crazy for having a husband as coward as a chicken.

Hearing the front door opened with a creak and closing with a click, Yoona stood up from her position to welcome her husband with a loving insult in her lips and a tight hug of death from her. Displaying herself on the top of the stairs, she found Luhan smiling all by himself as he hanged his coat on the rack and untie the knot of his tie.

"What happened at work that made you smile like that?" she asked with a snarky voice.

Surprised by the presence of his wife, Luhan looked up and smiled at her. "Ohh, hey there, Yoona. Did you already eat dinner?"

Her brows raised at her husband's tone. There is too much bliss wrapped in his words and it made Yoona intrigued by his day. Taking her slippers off of her feet, she threw it to Luhan and hit her husband's head, making the man to glare at her.

"Spill it. What happened?" she asked.

The frown on his face was replaced by a smile as he reminisced his delightful dinner. "I ate dinner with Minseok and Sehun. It was like a dream sitting with them on the dining table. Eating Minseok's cooked food, feeding Sehun and talking with them. I was like eating in heaven."

Rolling her eyes at her husband's childish explanation, Yoona still found herself smiling at the bliss Luhan is feeling. She was happy for Luhan for taking steps to get close to Minseok and Sehun. Making Minseok fall inlove with the other will be easy since she can still see the love on Minseok's eyes. The difficult task is getting a way out of their parents' grasp and their fans' overprotective gates.

"I'm happy for you, Luhan." Yoona said to him. "But, keep in mind that we are going to meet the press tomorrow morning. We will be showered with praises, thrown with questions, hit by a scandal and asked by our business. Are you ready?"

Luhan snorted at her question. "Of course, I'm ready. Manipulating the public is as easy as a bandaid."

"Ohh, I'm not talking about that. After the press conference tomorrow, we will be eating lunch with our parents."

The bubble of happiness he was in was suddenly popped by the cruel reality. He knows what Yoona is trying to pertain. Their parents will pester them with questions of having a baby. An heir is needed to be born from the two of them to strengthen the power of their families. A child should be presented to the public to hush the doubt of the people. Having dinner with their parents is like facing their executioner. It leaves Luhan scared and frozen.

"You might have spend a loving time with them, Luhan. But, you knew that you can never have them." Yoona said before she turned her back to her husband's tired state and walked to her room, leaving Luhan swimming all alone in his thoughts.

 

 

Minseok was chasing Sehun around the room, trying to get a hold of the cheeky boy who was running in his birthday suit. He turned to the clock that was displayed on the wall, only to find that they are already late for the picnic. Trying to keep the anger inside of him, Minseok send his son a glare.

"Sehun, come here! You need to dress now. We are already late!" Minseok shouted as he followed the toddler who had escaped from the living room.

"No! I don wanna!" Sehun replied as he ran faster towards his bed and crawled under it.

"Don't you want to see Uncle Seunggi and Lauren?" Minseok asked, dangling the bait to his son.

"I want Uncle Luhan!" a shout came out from the bed, making the father to sigh.

Before he can tell the toddler that Luhan will not be coming, the doorbell rang and hesighed in defeat before he went to the door to answer it. Opening the door with a frown on his face, he was greeted by Seunggi whose smile is as bright as the sun. Lauren is behind him, her head was peeking between his father's legs.

"It is a great day, Minseok. Why don't you start it with a smile on your face instead of a frown?" Seunggi teased.

A glare was sent on the man's way before Minseok softened his features as he bent down to Lauren's level. The little girl gave him a peck on the cheek and a hug, straining away his stress and fatigue.

"Good morning, Uncle Min! Are you ready for our picnic? I brought some dumplings and jellies for you and Sehun." Lauren chirped as she pointed at the basket her father was carrying.

"I'm so ready for the picnic, Lauren." Minseok answered with the same enthusiasm. His bright face then turned into a sad frown. "But, Sehun doesn't want to dress. He is hiding under the bed again."

Upon hearing his explanation, Lauren let out a gasp, her eyes widen like saucers. "But, Mr. Boogeyman is under his bed."

"Really?" the older man gasped. He then gave Lauren Sehun's shirt and shorts. "Do me a favor. Pull Sehun out of the bed and dress him this. Mr. Boogeyman likes children who are ."

With that, Lauren took the clothes from his hands and strode into Sehun's room with a loud shout from . Chuckle escaped from Minseok's lips as he stood up from his position.

"That made my day." he said cheerfully.

"The fact that you fooled my daughter and gave her the responsibility to dress your son kinda made me judge you as a parent." Seunggi said.

Minseok just ignored his statement as he closed the door and ushered the man to the sofa. "Give me a break. The boy is being a brat again. I can't handle him by myself."

Those words planted questions in Seunggi's mind. The question he dreaded and willing to ask at the same time. Lauren's words pierced through his heart and shook him hard. Both fathers are having a hard time handling their children all by himself. What could be the solution to the problem?

I wish you marry Uncle Minseok, Lauren once stated.

He thought about it for a hundred times, trying to test if his heart is still good enough to love someone. He had buried his first love, set the memories on fire and pushed himself to move forward. Maybe, it is time to open the gate to his heart and invite Minseok to enter it. They can help each other. They can fill each other's blank spaces in their hearts.

Watching the other man grumbled about something as he packed the sandwiches in the basket, Seunggi opened his lips.

"Minseok, have you ever thought about dating someone?" he asked.  He had inserted the key in the lock.

The question froze Minseok on his spot. He then turned to the other, trying to find any trace of malice or mock on Seunggi's face. He was greeted by a serious face and determined eyes. The stare was suffocating him. He turned back to the basket as he tried to steady his voice before he answers the question.

"I do. I wanted to meet new people and possibly make a family for Sehun," Minseok answered. "But, the thought of having someone beside my bed scares me. I'm not yet ready to face love again. I need to focus on Sehun alone. For now."

Seunggi nodded at his answer. A sigh came out of his lips before he let out another question.

"Do you ... do you still love Sehun's father?" And, he twisted the key, unlocking the lock.

Luhan, the name that crossed his mind after hearing the question. Yeah, Minseok, answer the question. Do you still love the man? Minseok's eyes started to find things that could keep him steady for the rest of the conversation. How can he answer the question when he, too, doesn't know the answer.

"I... I don't know." The answer is the borderline between yes, I still love him and no, he hurted me. He doesn't want to let out an answer that he is unsure of.

Seunggi stayed silent for a while, letting Minseok breathe in ease. His next question will be the last yet the hardest one.

"Do you want to date me?" He opened the door to his heart.

Minseok turned swiftly to Seunggi, his eyes are wide from shock. Scared of the answer that Minseok might let out, Seunggi stepped closer to him and put a finger under his chin. Bringing the face closer to him, he placed a kiss on Minseok's lips before he stepped back from him.

"You don't need to answer me right now. You can take your time." Seunggi said with a smile.

Before Minseok can say anything, the kids appeared before them with excited smiles on their faces. Lauren has her hand wrapped around Sehun's little ones while Sehun was fiddling the tag on his shirt.

"We are ready!" Lauren proclaimed as she took her father's hand and tugged him to the door.

Minseok was left behind by his own thoughts. He wanted to be alone and think of the Seunggi's offer. He was quickly snapped out of his thoughts when he flet warmth tugging his hand. Glancing down, he spotted his baby boy, on his thumb as he stared at his father with curiousity. 

"Is Daddy alwight?" Sehun asked with his trembling lips.

Taking out the thumb from the boy's lips, Minseok gave his son a smile before nodding. He then forced himself to join Seunggi and Lauren who are waiting at the door. Seunggi's gaze at him made him awkward and unsure. Closing the door with a sigh, he turned to the three and walked towards them.

Think positive, Minseok. Maybe, he is the one who can mend your heart.

 

 

Questions after questions rained down on them as soon as they sat on their respective seats. A sweet smile flashed at Yoona and a squeeze around Luhan's hand made the media pleased and happy for their royal couple. They let out words proclaiming about their love for each other which are music to the ears of the people. The flash of the cameras captured the endearing moments between the Lu CEO and the Im heiress.

But, the cameras only captured those moments physically. They can't show the people the real thoughts that Luhan and Yoona having right now. Both of them are tired from smiling. Both of them are irritated to act like they love each other. Both of them wanted it badly to just cut the strings that control them and run to their loved ones.

Patience, my dear friend. The best comes to those who waits.

It was when the last question was brought up to them that made all the people in the room to stay quiet and waited for their answer.

"When are you planning to have a child?" the reporter asked.

Such question killed the confidence and drown the words in their mouth as they found themselves gaping like fish to the reporter. They do have a child but they are not from them. Yoona wanted it badly to erupt, to scream to them that she do have a child with a man she loves. The opportunity was dangling infront of her and she was glad to run for it when Luhan stepped forward to answer the question.

"Although we love each other dearly, I think we need to focus more in our business. We want to build a good future for our children. Focusing on that will make us relax of knowing our future child will have a nice life." Luhan said earnestly.

The people were satisfied at his answer, complimenting Luhan's decision for thinking through it. Yoona send him a smile of appreciation, thanking him in the process for pulling her before she jumps out of the bridge. The conference was soon declared over, making Luhan and Yoona sighed in relief. The strings were loosen around them as the guards tried to protect them to the reporters who wanted to ask more about their daily life.

As soon as they safely entered their car, Luhan grunted when he remembered they were supposed to meet their parents which will be another torture to their ears. Hearing his grunt, Yoona turned to her with a lopsided smile.

"Already tired for the evening?" she asked in a gentle tone.

"Yes, I am." Luhan answered shortly before he glanced outside of the window. The moon shone brightly at that night, following them around just like those papparazzis on their heel.

"Well, prepare yourself. We are going to meet the Kings and Queens of our world." Yoona muttered as she closed her eyes, trying to get a rest from the world.

"They are not our Kings and Queens. They are just our puppeteer." her husband whispered to himself as his eyes turned into a hard stare.

Silence enveloped in the car. The couple had a great time listening to peace, relaxing their already frustrated minds and hearts. Luhan watched the moon followed them, never leaving them out of her sight as they wandered around the blocks. Irritated by the fact of not escaping the moon's comfort, he let out a grunt and nudged Yoona with his elbow.

"Want to ditch the dinner?" he asked without even staring at his wife.

Her eyes were still closed yet there is an evident grin on her face, liking the idea of pissing their puppeteers. "Why not," she said.

 

 

Minseok doesn't know how to act around Seunggi. Everytime the man tries to talk to him, he will divert his attention to Sehun or to Lauren, escaping the awkwardness around them. He is not to be blamed by his actions. The confession was brought up in such an unexpected time. Add to the fact that his relationship with Luhan is starting to get better, he doesn't know what answer he will give to Seunggi anymore.

"Daddy, why are you hurting yourself?" his little boy asked over his ice cream. His curious eyes watching his father pulled a handful of hair from his head in frustration. Shocked by Sehun, Minseok let go of his hair and tended to his son whose chin is soaked with the sticky substance. He gave his son a smile, telling him he was just worrying about work, to calm the little boy.

"Don't think too much, Daddy. It is very tiring." the toddler said. "Sehun once done that. And, my head hurts after that."

A laugh erupted from Minseok's lips before he pulled his adorable son for a kiss, tasting the sweetness of the confection on his son's face. When the boy is clean from ice cream, he let Sehun go and play with Lauren who is waiting for him to finish his snack.

"Are you still thinking about my question?" someone asked, making Minseok squeak in surprise. Guess like he has no escape now. Turning to the man, Minseok gave him a lopsided smile before initiating the conversation.

"In fact, I do." Minseok said. "I... I don't know what answer should I give to you. I mean, we were friends for so long. Thinking of you as a lover never crossed my mind."

Seunggi hummed at the other's answer, already expecting those words. Instead of accepting a rejection, he closed the distance between him and Minseok and gave him his brightest smile.

"Don't worry, Seokkie. I am a patient person. We can do this step by step. Love blossoms slowly for two people," he said as he outstretched his hand to the man who is sitting on the mat.

Is this really love? Or just a persuasion?

Seunggi is right. Love do blossoms slowly like a flower. Minseok should move forward and leave the past in the past. Luhan already has a wife, a well-known reputation and a good business. He should not be brought down by someone like Minseok. Staring back at Seunggi's eyes, he gave him a smile before taking his hand.

Just try, Minseok. Maybe, he is the one, he thought to himself.

The smile on Seunggi's face stretched wider as he squeezed the hand in his. "Why don't we eat dinner in the nearby restaurant?" he asked.

"With the kids?" Minseok asked, not taking his eyes off him.

"Yes, with Lauren and Sehun. As a family." he added.

Lauren's eyes shine hopefully when she spotted his father and Minseok holding hands, staring at each other like in the movies she once watched. A smile grazed on her lips as she clasped her hands in a wish, wishing for the two to get marry and be happy. She was about to send her prayers to the heavens when she heard little steps walking awya from her. Alarmed, Lauren turned around, only to find Sehun missing beside her and was already running to a different direction.

"Sehun!" she shouted before sprinting to chase the toddler.

Minseok heard his son's name being shouted by Lauren. Breaking the eye contact he had with Seunggi, he turned towards the two children who was already far from them, sprinting. Realizing that Sehun is running somewhere he should not, Minseok took his hand from Seunggi to follow his son who is excitingly running around with his two unstable feet.

"Sehun! Lauren! Where are you going?" Seunggi first shouted in a frantic voice.

 

 

It was not curiousity that triggers Sehun to run away from his favorite noona. It was not boredom that encouraged him to escape from the safe zone. Instead, it was his favorite person in the whole world who caught his attention. At first, Sehun was contented poking his balloon with sticks he found around when he heard a familiar laughter. He looked around with wide, expectant eyes.

From a distance away, he found Luhan laughing freely with a woman he doesn't know. Ignoring the fact that Luhan has a company and his Daddy getting angry if he escape from his eyes, Sehun stood up giddily and chased the couple who is walking in a secluded area of the park. He missed Luhan so much that his ears had turned deaf and didn't hear Lauren's call.

"Xiao Lu! Xiao Lu!" Sehun shouted as he raced towards the man. "Wait for me!"

The little voice calling him had made Luhan stopped his conversation with his wife. The couple turned around, only to see a little boy coming on their way with a bright smile and a blue balloon tied on his wrist. It didn't process to him rapidly that Sehun is the boy. Only when the toddler hugged his leg and mushed his face on his ironed pants did he realized that Sehun is hugging him, telling him how much he missed his Uncle Xiao Lu.

Shocked and awed, Luhan entangled Yoona's arm around his to engulfed the little boy into a hug. How he missed the boy so much although they spent a night yesterday. He was about to ask the little boy what he is doing in the park all alone when a girl stopped infront of them, bending down to breathe.

"Sehun! Don't run off like tha-- Yoona Unnie!" Lauren shouted, overjoyed to see the woman once again. After opening up to the lady, Lauren find herself yearning for her since she has this comforting aura that can make Lauren loosen up.

Before Yoona can even form a smile on her face, Lauren gave her a big hug and shoot her a smile. "Ohh, how I missed you, Unnie! I have a lot of things to tell you."

She was overcome with joy when she heard those words. Yoona wanted it so bad to tell Lauren how she yearned for her for years. Quietly watching her from a distance and sleeping with a picture on her hands was worth of doing as the words mend her broken heart. She wanted so much to hug the girl, gave her a kiss and tell her back how she missed her, too. But, it was interrupted with thundering steps and a gasp of surprise.

"Don't touch her!" someone shouted.

Yoona looked up, only to stay frozen on her spot when she comes face to face with the man she loves for years. Seunggi didn't change much. He is still the man she fell inlove with. But, the one thing that changed is that there is no evident love traced on his face. Instead, Seunggi's face was crumpled with a frown. His glare piercing Yoona's heart.

"I said, don't touch her! You don't have the right to touch her!" Seunggi shouted again.

First time hearing his Uncle Seunggi shout in anger, Sehun started to cry in fear. Minseok wanted to go to him and tend to him but Seunggi is mad with anger and it is not best to react and run towards the toddler. Luhan took the little boy to his arms and patted his back to calm the toddler down. He sent Minseok an assuring look in which the other replied with a nod.

On the other hand, Lauren is confused. How come her Yoona Unnie and her Appa know each other? Curiousity has clouded her fear and confusion as she stepped closer to Yoona and asked, "How did you know my father, Yoona Unnie?"

Seunggi shook in anger. Seeing his precious daughter touching Yoona made him sick with anger and fear. Is Yoona and Luhan here to take Lauren away?

In a speed of light, Seunggi scooped Lauren in his arms and walked away from the scene, not minding he left Minseok and Sehun. Terrified and crushed at her lover's anger towards her, Yoona found herself running to her family, her true family, shouting Seunggi's name, wanting to explain everything. This is her chance to mend her broken family.

"Seunggi! I want to explain! And, don't hurt Lauren!"

"You don't have the right to say that!"

"I have the right to say that because I'm her mother!"

Mother?

Lauren stared at the beautiful woman running towards them. "You're my mother?"

 


Author's Note:

booyah! i'm back from the surface of the sun. /waves/ how are all of you?
guys, i encourage you to comment or tell me anything.
cure my depression and stress with your cute antics and silly jokes.
college as always. and so is life. lol. 
tell me about ur life too. i just want to talk to all of you.

ohhh, and wbt will soon end. /cries in the corner/
but, remember, that I still love you all.
that's all. toodles~