Chapter 14

We Belong Together

*long chapter ahead


A loud yelp woke Minseok up from his deep slumber. It was exactly twelve o'clock and Minseok doesn't know if he will feel angry to that for interrupting his sleep or get scared when he just heard a yelp in his room in which he was living all alone. His hormonal moods tell him to get annoyed and that was what he did so. Whoever realeased that noise must be an idiot. Waking up a groggy pregnant male is worse than waking up a dragon. 

Before the half-awake male could ask who is that, a light flickered before his bed, shocking the man out of his wits. His vision gets clearer as he adjusted his eyes from the light shown before him. It was not a light. It was a candle, standing on top of a cake which someone is holding. And, that someone is no other than Luhan who has his charming smile on his face.

"Luhan?" the groggy voice asked as he sat up from his bed, only to rub his eyes if he was dreaming or not.

"Happy Birthday, Baozi." Luhan greeted as he sashayed his way towards Minseok's side with the cake on his hands. "I know that it is pointless to celebrate your birthday since I'm one minute late. But, let's forget about the time and enjoy your birthday."

Minseok stared at the other's shining eyes, the one that made him intrigue when he first saw this man, before he casted it down to the cake which was waiting for him. The cake was simple, an ordinary confection that can be bought at the nearby cake shop, but it is enough to make Minseok's heart glows in appreciation as he read the message written on the chocolate cake.

Happy Birthday, Minseok. I want to thank your parents for not using condoms.

Yes, it was not romantic. Yes, it made Minseok shiver a little when Luhan brought up the topic about his parents. But, all of these things were erased in his mind when Luhan whispered to him, so sweet and gentle, that he needs to blow the candle to make a wish. He haven't yet blow a birthday candle. The whole day was spent by talking nonsense things with his friends and eating a celebratory buffet from the chef and maids. Sending Luhan a smile, the pregnant male closed his eyes before blowing the fire out of the candle.

The heir let out a chuckle when the whole room was coated by darkness again. He flicked the table lamp on that managed to color the room with a yellow light. Putting the cake on the side table, the heir took out a fork from his pocket, making Minseok chuckled in amusement.

"Now, we eat." Luhan commanded as he showed the fork to Minseok. "We should be quiet. My mother doesn't like it when I eat something after dinner."

The pregnant male let out a quiet laugh before watching the other male scoop a piece of cake with his fork. With a blink of an eye, the fork was poking his lips to be opened in order for him to devour the cake. His lips opened and savour the sweetness of the confection that was offered to him, letting the sweetness of the cake to replace the bitterness he was feeling. Taking the fork in his hands, Minseok sliced a piece and shove it to the heir's unsuspected mouth which made the latter choke.

The heir coughed a fit as he tried to swallow down the piece of cake in his throat, making Minseok laugh at his myriad of expressions that was of his amusement. Everything stopped at that moment. He had never heard Minseok's laugh ever since they left the older's house. When they were spending time together there, teases and laughs always surround them, bringing joy and contentment in Luhan's stress life. But everything went wrong when they started to live in his mansion. At that moment, he realized that a buffet of dumplings, a soft mattress bed, a spacious room and a dozens of maids were never enough to make someone happy. Love is consisted of time, trust, happiness, enjoyment and affection. It can never grow by lavish gifts and mountain of money.

He felt like crying at that moment. He was an idiot for thinking that money is everything to keep Minseok inside his arms. Instead, those green papers only push Minseok away from him and build a wall between them. In his twenty-five years of existence, Luhan's eyes opened clearly. The heir who always close his eyes at the dark side of his fantasy has attained enough courage and determination inside his body. The idea of protecting this person, who had planted a love seed in his heart, flared. And, he is ready to destroy the wall that money built between them.

"Minseok," Luhan uttered as he took the other male's hand and brought it to his lips. The sensation of feeling each other's skin after a long time sent shivers to their body, making their heart beat in a blistering pace. "I ... I'm sorry for the words I have said to you that night. I am just ... It was not my ...."

"Luhan," Minseok whispered. "It's okay."

"No. It will never be okay." he insisted, shutting down his eyes in order to not let himself distracted by Minseok's glowing eyes. "I was just afraid. I am afraid to see you with other man. I'm afraid to see you leaving. I'm afraid that you will not love me back."

Unknown to him, Minseok was shaking as the heir's words reached his ears and bothered his already tired heart. The walls that he had built around himself in order to protect him and the baby were slowly crumbling as Luhan's words shook his solitary. He doesn't want that to happen. The beautiful fantasy of romance was crushed down into pieces because of the misery and insecurities he was having. If Luhan continue doing this, he would explode. Stopping Luhan from telling those words was the only option in order to keep himself safe from harm.

But, Luhan was so immersed with his apology-slash-confession. The weight that he was carrying inside his heart is vanishing gradually as he let out the words that he was keeping. The words were like tied to each other because it flows freely from his lips. Those words were wrapped around by his affection towards the older and was laced by love. Neglecting the awkwardness coating Minseok, Luhan brought his lips against the stupefied Minseok's forehead and hugged him tight, completely clearing all the battling thoughts inside the older's mind.

"Promise me you'll not going to leave me." the heir persuaded, kissing the pregnant male's knuckles.

It should be no as an answer. It should be you're going to hurt me again as an explanation. It should ended like that with Minseok closing his door on Luhan's face. But, reality and expectation are two different worlds. Two parallel worlds that will never ever crossed path. Instead of pushing away the heir from his life, Minseok took the initiative to kiss those luscious lips in order to silence those lips that makes his heart quivers.

 

 

Hello everyone, this is Yixing, the light of your life. I'm sorry but I'm busy right now. But, you can leave your message after the beep.

-beep-

Hello, Yixing. Dad told me that I was to be announced as the new President of the Lu Industries on the eleventh day of April. Let's do the plan on that day.

-call ended-

 

 

The tingly feeling was the first thing that greeted him in the early morning of April. He was staring at the beige ceiling for almost an hour, thinking of the weird feeling bothering him. He was so deep in his thoughts that he realized lately that the mansion is utterly quiet in this morning. The usual sound of the maids' hurried steps and the head maids' hisses were absent to his ear, making him confused and incomplete. After debating if he will search around the mansion or not, he resorted sitting on his bed, caressing his belly while humming a tune to his eight-month old belly.

He was immersed in his own little bubble that he jumped in shock when he heard his phone ringing, demanding for him to answer it immediately. Quickly swiping the unlock button in order to answer the call, Minseok brought the phone to his ear excitedly. Jongdae is calling him and it has been weeks since he heard a word from his eccentric bestfriend.

"Jongdae," he chirped cheerfully, neglecting the tingly feeling that had been bothering him.

"H-hyung," his friend stuttered. "Where are you?"

"I'm at home, in my room." Minseok answered automatically, reaching for the TV's remote in order to watch some news or documentaries. "I'm about to watch some news in the--"

"No! Stop hyung!" Jongdae screamed, making the pregnant male stop in his actions. "I-I mean, are you ... are you bored? Let's have a walk in the park."

Jongdae was acting weird in Minseok's senses. He had known this guy for five years and he knew that Jongdae was never a man who panicked and get flustered easily. The said man breathes, acts, eats, drinks and talks with a sense of intelligence in his body. He arranged his words accordingly before letting it out of his mouth. He scrutinized a person infont of him before talking to him. He created plans with precautions, making his every plan successful. He was a man of tactics and logic. And, just like how Minseok woke up this morning, the tingly feeling came back to him and started to plague him as he wondered about his friend's antics.

"I'll treat you some breakfast." Jongdae offered, completely crushing Minseok's world of thoughts.

With the sweet bribery of food, the pregnant male pushed away his suspicion and worry as he made his bestfriend promise that he will pay for every whim he wants. The other guy from the line sighed in defeat, engaging his preoccupied friend in a conversation. After a series of deals and agreements, Minseok found himself, walking down the stairs of the empty mansion. He was already out of the mansion when he felt someone watching him. Glancing around the sturdy trees and the blossoming flowers, the pregnant male found no one but him. With a shrug, he skipped his way out of the suffocating mansion.

The morning sun gives off the right heat to warm Minseok's body. He had read from a book that the sun's heat and a morning walk is a good practice for a pregnant person. And, he was happy to do that since he was tired of sleeping and sitting inside his room as he listens to the maids' stories and Luhan's proclamation of love. With the sudden reminiscing, the heat of the morning sun radiated on his cheeks, making him bit his lips with the thoughts of Luhan's shining eyes. In these past weeks, Luhan has become a good husband material in Minseok's eyes as the heir caters him with care and love. And with this, the Korean boy fell deeper and deeper to the Chinese singer, completely forgetting the incoming danger and scandal that can be thrown at him. For the first time in his life, Minseok found the word mistress an appealing thing. If he can have Luhan by his side with this, he will gladly embrace that position tightly just the way how the heir hugs him.

He was snapped out of his thoughts when he felt someone staring at him again. Looking around to see if Jongdae has finally arrived, he found a pair of teenage girls whispering and muttering hushed words as they stared hardly at Minseok. Their scrutinizing eyes travelled down to his belly, making the Korean boy to shield his unborn baby from the harsh looks of the two girls.

Of course. Of course. How can he be an idiot? How can he embrace that lone word just for the sake of the love from a spoiled boy? How can he place himself in that position that endanger and ruin his life? 

The hard glare that the two girls were sending froze him on his spot. He can't move nor breathe as if he was wrapped around the neck by two venomous snakes. The poison was leaking from the tip of their fangs, scaring Minseok from the next thing that will happen.

"Master Minseok?" 

Minseok came back to reality, only to find Biyu, staring at him with wondering eyes. The snakes loosened up the tight constriction on his neck, letting the pregnant male to breathe. He gripped Biyu's wrist and placed his forehead against her comforting shoulder as he hid himself from those examining and dangerous eyes.

"Let's get out of here, Biyu." Minseok whispered to the middle-aged woman.

The head maid glanced around the surroundings, wondering why her master's lover was shaking like this. Looking briefly at the surroundings, he spotted two teenage girls who were glaring at their way. At once, the middle-aged woman knew what has been going on and how it affected his young master's lover. Hiding the growing smirk on her face, Biyu whispered silently to Minseok's ear yet her eyes are still trained on the two girls.

"Master Minseok, let's get you out of here." she murmured to the pregnant male. "We should go to Master Luhan's office."

The pregnant male nodded with numbness as he let the head maid him towards the way of the Lu's building. Once Minseok has his back turned to the two girls, Biyu glanced at the two ladies, bowing to them with a smirk on her face as she helped Minseok on his way. The two ladies were skeptical at the woman's boldness but they soon recovered from the shock as they exchanged a look and scurried on the streets to witness the famous heir's speech.

They have a good plan running on their little heads as they messaged their friends to come to the event.

 

 

Junmyeon was clutching his DSLR camera with shaky hands as he stared at the sea of people, talking to each other with excited tone in their voices. The obnoxious comments about Luhan's last month scandal resurfaced once again, unsettling the fear inside of him as he stared at the empty podium on the stage. It was the day that the Lu Industries will announce the new President of the company. It was Luhan, of course. But, the people here are waiting and itching to hear the heir's explanation about the month-old scandalous question.

Several men wearing black suits walked on the stage, sitting on their designated seats and flashing fake and proud smiles on their faces. Junmyeon was shaking uncontrollably, his mind was elsewhere, as he readied his camera to capture meaningless photos of these powerful and ignorant men. Yixing has informed him that this is the day Luhan will execute his plan of telling the world about his non-existent lover. Although the heir means to save Minseok from the harassment of the media, Junmyeon is still in doubt that everything will be settled well.

Luhan is a well-known person in the music and business industry in China. One wrong move could light up a scandal and burn him down into ashes. But, in this world where every person was fascinated by the Lu heir, Luhan was never hated nor criticized but the netizens. If there's a scandal that broke out about Luhan, the one who published will be blamed. If there's a negative comment thrown at the singer, thousands of hurtful words will be thrown to the person. If there's a girl's or boy's name that linked to the heir's name, the netizen will beat down the poor person into pulp with harsh words and terrifying threats. In short, everyone is mesmerized by the heir's beauty, wealth, talent and attitude that they veiled their eyes at the darker side of the singer.

Junmyeon was quickly brought back to the world when fans started to scream and push each other as they watched their awaited person walking on the stage in his own glory. The heir flashed them a charming smile, making the fans to scream and swoon loudly at their idol's charm. The Korean boy hid his face with the black mask attached to his face as he tried to take pictures that he needs for work, completely ignoring the deafening squeals and shrills of the girls around him.

The event started with Luhan's father, the President of the Lu Industries, talking about the successful sales of their company. It seems like only the reporters and journalists were listening with the topic since a lot of people were gawking at Luhan and asking him to smile at their cameras which the heir politely declined. Mr. Lu's speech was finished with a proud grin on his face before announcing the next successor of the Lu Industries. Everything went into chaos as Luhan stepped on the podium with a shaky smile on his face. It seems like the heir is not as confident as his father nor his image when he is performing on stage. All confidence went into the drain when the poor guy glanced at the sea of people, waiting for his speech and explanation.

"Good afternoon to all of you..."

Luhan's starting speech was cut off in Junmyeon's ears as he felt his phone vibrating. Letting out a grunt of annoyance, Junmyeon tried to take his phone out of his pocket as the fans pushed each other to get a better view of the heir. All annoyance and impatience vanished in his body when he found out that his twin brother was calling him. Instead of answering it, Junmyeon stared at his phone, quietly wondering why his twin brother was calling.

There was no calling-your-older-twin-brother in the plan they have talked about last week. Jongdae prepared and planned the whole thing with cautions and possible outcomes. His younger twin brother promised him that his plan will be in success. They can go back to Korea and save their older hyung from the harassment and the heartbreak. But, it seems like he trusted his brother too much. It seems like his twin brother is not great in making plans because fate will come and mess up the whole thing. Jongdae's intelligence will never be of match with the power of fate. 

"What do you mean you can't contact Minseok-hyung?" Junmyeon asked with a slight panic in his voice.

"I told him to meet me in the park. But, he was not there and I can't contact him," Jongdae reasoned out. The man of poise and tactics is slowly crumbling apart as he tried to search for his bestfriend in the crowd. "Do you think he got kidnapped?"

"Calm down, Dae." the older twin said. "Minseok-hyung might be late. Or, he must have gone to a cafe store to buy some coffee. You know--"

"No, Junmyeon." the younger of the twins interjected. "The Lu mansion is just fifteen minutes away from the park. Minseok should be here by now. Plus, there are no nearby cafe stores on the way here. ! Did I forget something in the plan?"

Junmyeon covered his right ear as he tried to listen to his twin brother's rant. Shooting a dark glance at the squealing girl beside him, he heard a reporter asking Luhan about the scandal last month. His eyes were about to turned to Luhan. His ears are ready to hear the heir's explanation. His mouth is ready to tell Jongdae comforting words to calm him down. But, all those senses suddenly malfunctioned when his eyes spotted a familiar face among the sea of people.

No, he thought to himself as he stared at this person's curious face. no! he screamed inside as he tried to function his brain to do something. It's over, fate whispered to him as the heir's words entered his ears.

"About the scandal last month," the heir started. "I have no idea who is that guy. I am surprised that such rumour will spread. From my own lips, I am telling you that I am happily engaged to my beautiful and nice fiancee, Im Yoona, the Im heiress. No one will ever capture my heart but only her. I will marry no other than my beautiful lover."

With the heir's sweet and romantic words, the crowd went wild. Fans squealed at their idol's sweet words. Suprisingly, they accepted their beautiful idol marrying the Korea's powerful goddess. They have waited for a long time to see if the two will get marry soon. With the promise they have created in their fanclub, they proclaimed that Luhan can only marry them or the Im heiress. No one will stop this beautiful romance. Not even a Korean pregnant male will ruin their fantasy. But, unlike his fellow fans who are happy about the heir's explanation, Junmyeon was in shock and chaos.

No, Minseok! Junmyeon turned his neck abruptly towards the direction of the said male. Hurt, betrayal, disappointment, anger, shame and heartbreak etched on Minseok's face. His hands were shaking as he brought his hands over his mouth, trying to swallow down the sob that is threatening to come. Beside him, Junmyeon spotted a middle-aged woman staring at the pregnant male with a smirk on her face. At once, all the puzzle pieces were formed and created a big picture of lies and plots.

"Jongdae, come here at the Lu Industries at once! Minseok is here and he has heard Luhan's announcement," Junmyeon hissed loudly as he tried to push himself out of the chaotic crowd. 

Perhaps, screaming that command is a bad idea. Perhaps, telling Jongdae to pick the devastated Minseok in the venue is a wrong decision. Because, as soon as the girl beside Junmyeon heard Minseok's name in a different language, she had figured out that the seductress is here. With that done, the girl pushed poor Junmyeon to the ground and looked menacingly at him. Though she can't understand Korean, she is one-hundred percent sure that this boy will help the person who almost ruin their idol's life.

"Guys, this boy is friends with the Kim Minseok!" the girl shouted, making everyone, even the businessmen on the stage, turned to the Korean male who is helplessly lying on the ground.

Junmyeon closed his eyes in misery and regret. Perhaps, choosing to be an photographer for a local newspaper will be the death of him.

 

 

It was time to do the plan, Yixing thought as he drove himself to the Lu's mansion. Everything was planned perfectly well between Luhan and him. He straightened Luhan's plan and trimmed it to perfection in order to prevent misunderstanding between the two lovers. He promised to help since he had seen how the Chinese heir changed throughout the months with Minseok beside him. The Korean male had turned the spoiled heir into a responsible man. And, he is happy to help the two lovebirds. Along with their plan, Luhan helped him to confess his growing adoration for Jumyeon. After this whole ordeal, he will propose his idea of having Junmyeon as his lover.

Parking his car infront of the huge gates, the Changsha native jogged towards the huge estate of the Lu's. He felt something weird as he slowed down at the beautiful garden of the mansion. Everything was quiet. There were no worker t or watering the blooming flowers. The guards were absent in their designated spot, leaving the mansion vulnerable and void. Even, the howls or barks of the pitbulls were gone. Taking out his phone, Yixing  messaged the heir about his observations. He sent Luhan a message asking the heir if he had let his servants go to a vacation. Putting the phone back to his pocket, he walked towards the mansion and opened the mahogany door with a silent push.

Darkness greeted him as soon as the door was opened. Even though the sun is peeking out from the clouds, it was not of help to brighten the whole house. He was quiet as a mouse as he walked around the mansion, trying to find Minseok's room from the hundreds of doors in the hallway. They seem to miss one thing in their whole plan and this will take a toll of destruction to their plan. Yixing forgot to ask Luhan about Minseok's room. Now, he has to explore the huge mansion in order to find the damsel in distress inside of the mansion.

Exploring the mansion was a dangerous job for a meek Changsha native. Because behind one of those doors lies the deepest and darkest secret of the family. Opening the doors one by one with silence was the hardest thing that Yixing had done. Something is not right in the whole situation. He is afraid that if he created a noise, something bad will happen to him.

Taking his phone once again from his pocket, he was about to ask Luhan where Minseok's room is when he heard hushed whispers and alluring chuckle resonating from one room. Closing the distance between him and the room, the whispers and talks become clearer and clearer to Yixing's ears.

"Did everything went well?" Yixing narrowed his eyes as he identified the woman's voice. It was Mrs. Lu. "Excellent, Biyu. Now, I want you to record the whole thing. I want to see the poor hamster's expression as he listened to my son's explanation. As soon as the words left Luhan's lips, take the hamster to the abandoned clinic, okay?" A venomous giggle was heard from the room. "It's time to kill the bond between him and my son."

Yixing swallowed back the gasp that is threatening to come out of his throat. With shaky fingers, the singer tried to informed his bestfriend about his parents' conspiracy. The message was not successfully sent. It keeps on retrying as it tries to send the lone evidence of the Lu's conspiracy. The plan was aborted. He needs to fetch Minseok from the venue to explain everything. Afterall, that is their plan. To explain Luhan's feelings for Minseok was Yixing's real job, not to explore the mansion and find out about the Lu's plan.

But before he can even take a step, darkness clouded his system while oxygen was cut off from his lungs. He was trying hard to grip to the conciousness he was slowly losing from the lack of oxygen. The click of the heels against the tiles were heard. An amused chuckle came after that sound.

"And, what do we have here?" Mrs. Lu's voice was coated with a sweet poison. "Ahh, the Changsha peasant? Well, goodbye to you." she whispered disdainfully in his ear before Yixing fell on the ground and darkness took over his body.

 

 

It was hard to breathe. His supply of oxygen was cut off. The emotions and stress are swirling inside his heart, adding bitterness to his system. Betrayal, hurt, heartbreak and every damn emotions clogged his lungs and watered his eyes. He was shaking uncontrollably as he tried to reach for Biyu who was incredibly quiet with the whole ordeal. But, as he brought his hands to get a support from the head maid, an excruciating pain struck his belly, making him dropped on his knees in pain. Minseok's eyes widened in agony and misery as he tried to calm his breathing. His baby is in danger and he can feel it.

The head maid only helped him when he was clutching her skirt with a tight grip, expressing the pain he was experiencing. "Biyu," he hissed in pain. "I think the baby will come out soon. I... I can feel it."

Tears started to run down on his cheeks as he registered the words he had said. His poor baby, his poor angel, is not yet ready to come out of the world. His baby is still young, premature and tiny, yet Minseok can feel it coming. Letting out a loud sob, Minseok poured out his frustrations and pain at that mournful cry. He had lost Luhan already. And, he is slowly losing his baby.

"Let's go to the nearby clinic," Biyu said in a monotone voice as she picked up the devastated Minseok from the ground.

The walk towards the clinic is awkward and catastrophic in Minseok's point of view. He was clutching his belly, trying hard to stop his baby to come out prematurely, while his other hand gripped Biyu's arm for reassurance. Unlike the past few weeks, the head maid doesn't return the same reassurance she always radiated towards the pregnant male. And, this made Minseok's current situation more horrifying.

With a few more steps, the clinic came into view in Minseok's peripheral vision. His heart stopped as he glanced at the surroundings. It was no ordinary clinic. It was an abandoned clinic with stray plants decorating the horrifying scene. His oxygen supply is slowly shortening, making his body limped in weakness.

"B-Biyu, w-where are you taking me? This is... It will... That is not a normal clinic," he mustered his last strength and asked the question.

Instead of answering, the head maid let go of Minseok's arm, almost making the weak male to fall on the ground without support, and walked ahead from the pregnant male. When she is sure she is three meters away from Minseok, she turned to him and gave him a deadly smirk that made Minseok feel that he is a mouse in trap.

"This will be the end, Minseok." the head maid said with an edge in her sweet voice.

Before the Korean male could ask a question, a sharp pain was strucked on his head, making his vision hazy and his breath gone. With a last look at Biyu, he saw the head maid's sinister smile before his conciousness slipped away from him.

 

 

Swallowing the scream that was threatening to come from , she successfully hid herself behind the wall as she listened to the rough scuffling and terrifying footsteps that follow after, inside the mansion. Making sure that no one is present in the area, Yoona came out from her spot and watched the singer who was being dragged by the stoic Yunho. She watched Mrs. Lu smiled at the Yixing's limp body before turning to Yunho, commanding orders before she went inside the luxurious car outside.

The heiress was supposed to confront Mrs. Lu about her marriage with Luhan. Marrying a childhood friend is a big taboo thing for her. Luhan is a charming and handsome man but he was not Yoona's type. The Im heiress fell for shy and kind nerd. And, she is determined to find a way out of this engagement to search for this man. But, all went downhill when she spotted a familiar person lurking infront of Mrs. Lu's room. At the same time, she spotted Yunho, the evicted butler, holding a piece of clothe in his hands.

It was too late to shout or save the boy. Yunho has successfully knocked the boy unconcious and covered his face with the p[iece of cloth, leaving Yoona to hide in the shadows to listen to the conversation of the Madame and the butler. With a few sentences escaping from Mrs. Lu's lips, the heiress figured out that Minseok is in a big trouble. The Lu's are planning something horrible for Minseok's baby and Yoona was disgusted to hear the plan that is escaping from the woman's mouth. It was her time to do her role in saving Luhan's sanity in this world. Once Yunho and Mrs. Lu is out of the vicinity of the mansion, Yoona quickly jumped out of her spot to find her only confidante.

"Yuri!" she called out in a hushed tone as she searched every room of the mansion. The said-maid emerged from the kitchen with an apple and a knife in her hands.

"Young mistress," the maid called as she rushed towards the frantic heiress. Before she could even say a word, Yoona was spurting commands from her lips.

"Yuri, I need you to send a message to the Do heir. Inform him that Minseok, his beloved hyung, is in great danger." the heiress commanded as she walked around the mansion, trying to find her keys in her closet, with Yuri following her from behind.

"But, Yoona, I don't have anyt--"

The little maid's sentence was cut off when Yoona pushed her own laptop to the girl who was staring at her with expectation. "Yuri, you are a brilliant girl. You can track down devices and hacked a security system. Now, I want you to unleash that intelligence. I will turn my GPS on and you can track down my location. Send a message to the Do heir immediately and inform him about my location. I'll follow Mrs. Lu to find out their plan."

Instead of asking questions, Yuri chose to remain silent and nodded at the heiress with reassurance. Afterall, she was not any ordinary maid. She was Yoona's appointed bodyguard and lifelong bestfriend. The heiress chose her to come with her in China to search for Yoona's missing lover. With a new problem showing up, the pretty little maid decided to drop the searching spree and tended to the neat laptop sitting on her table. Cracking her knucles and massaging her neck, her eyes turned from submissive into confident look. Smirking at the green code on the laptop, she abused those keys as she typed vigorously on it. Clicking the enter button, Yuri expertedly sent the the location, not only to the Do heir, but also to Minseok's friends, who she successfully found.

 

 

The scorching pain on the back of his head was the first that greeted him when he regained his conciousness. The next thing that greeted him is the darkness that was bound tightly on his eyes, leaving him gasping for air as worry takes over his heart. His abductors must have sensed that he was back to life since Minseok can hear heavy footsteps nearing him. In a few seconds, the cloth that was attached to his eyes were ripped from his face, letting the bright light of the bulb abused his eyes. Trying to adjust to the sudden brightness, he closed his eyes and clutched his belly for reassurance.

"Ahh, the hamster is already awake." somebody said.

Minseok opened his eyes in recognition, ignoring the sting that is plaguing his eyes, as he searched for that person among the dark room. He was sure that it was no other than Mrs. Lu since he had known that voice after living in the mansion for eight months. Mrs. Lu was standing before him, smirking as if she's enjoying the view, while Mr. Lu was staring at the pregnant male with stoic face as he lits the cigarette in his fingers. The Korean felt safe as he smiled at his lover's parents, thinking that the couple was here to save him. He was about to ask them to bring him to the nearest hospital when two people came out from the darkness. crushing the hope that is slowly ebbing form his heart.

Biyu was smiling at him menacingly as she played at the pocket knife with her fingers. Yunho was staring at him with no emotions as he bowed to his master, displaying a steel bat behind his back. Anxiety and fear are slowly swirling inside his body as the people inside the dark room adds up every second. Before he knows it, a tear escaped from his ear as he put the puzzles pieces together. The clear image before him is slowly choking him to death as he thinks of the next thing that will happen to him. With all the fear eating him, Minseok still has the courage to put an arm on his belly, protecting his soon-to-be child, before glaring at the people before him.

"Awww," Mrs. Lu cooed as she tilted her head. "Doesn't he looks cute, honey? A mouse trying to protect his bastard from a group of snakes."

Her husband let out a chuckle as they watched the poor boy putting a distance away from them. It was a beautiful sight to see someone shrinking in fear with just their looks. But, their smiles were replaced by frowns as the pregnant male glares at them.

"What do you want?" Minseok screamed at them. The fear that conquered his heart was being washed away by his motherly affection towards his baby. He needs to save his angel from this harm.

"Just a little talk." Mrs. Lu said as she walked nearer to Minseok.

"You're going to tell me to leave Luhan alone, right? Well, don't worry about that. I'm leaving him already. So, do me a favor of letting me out of this room," Minseok said, his tone hard as rock in a nearby beach.

A beautiful chuckle escaped from Madame Lu's lips before she crossed the room as if it was a fashion show. "But, my dear, we can't do that. It seems like our son was smitten by you. Your seducing skills is quite amazing. Our son, not only want to quit singing, but he also wants to climb down from his position in our company to tend your needs."

"Well, I don't need it. I don't need him. You can have him all you want. You can marry him off to the Im heiress. Just, let me get out in this ing room. You can have your own ing son,"

Perhaps his tone was a bit harsh since Mrs. Lu turned to him swiftly and grabbed his chin violently, making him whimper from the hard grip.

"You're not going to leave this room with that thing," the woman spat as she looked down on Minseok's belly disdainfully. "in your belly. That bastard will ruin everything from Luhan's fame as a singer to our company. That little mouse sleeping inside you will be a huge threat, ten times worse than your whole existence. Because of you, , everything we have planned crumbled down."

Minseok can tolerate every harsh words thrown at him. He would let the woman call him names. But, he will never going tolerate the words thrown to his future child. Not only his little angel was called a bastard, but also his poor angel was belittled with the level of a mouse. With the anger boiling inside of him, the pregnant male snapped his chin out of the lady's grip and spat at her face, making everyone in the room shocked.

"Don't you dare call my child with those names." Minseok said back, his eyes burning in anger. "My child is ten times worthy than you."

The statement that Minseok let go made the woman indignant. Bringing her hands in mid-air, she slammed her palm across the pregnant male's cheeks, ignoring the cries that the Korean was letting out. The shame and anger unleashed the monster inside of her as she slapped the poor male on the face, calling him a '', a '', a 'gold-digger' and every word that Minseok hated. Biyu eventually pulled the woman away from the pregnant male yet Mrs. Lu was still not finished abusing the poor boy with beats and words.

"You're just like your mother," she spatted, making Minseok froze on his spot. "Do you think we don't know? You're the bastard son of the Kwon's, right?" A loud laugh resonated to his ears, making him clutched his ears as his dark past was shoved on his face. "Kwon Minseok. That's your real name and identity! You're the son of Kwon Jiyong, president of the Coup d'etat Corporation, and the Ahn Sohee. Your mother is a e, trying to make both ends meet with her body."

"Stop," Minseok whispered as he rocked himself on the floor.

"With your beast of a father, your mother was impregnated. Poor you, Minseok. You were loathed ever since you existed. Ahn doesn't want you and the Kwon heir doesn't have anything to do with a bastard. So, what did they do? Your mother left you behind the walls of the Kwon mansion. Your father? Your father introduced you as a young butler to his family."

"Please stop!" Minseok screamed, his ears were tired of hearing his heart breaking.

"But, you're an ungrateful brat! Instead of taking care of your father's new family, you killed your half-brother--"

"It was an accident! I told him not to swim!" Minseok shouted, trying to reasoned out as the vision of the horrible scene once again resurfaced.

"With a black credit card resting on your palm, your father sent you out of his house, telling you to not come back." Mrs. Lu ended the dark story, glancing at the boy in hatred. "Don't you see it, Minseok? Nobody wants you. Nobody loves you. Even your friends are not here to save you. You're alone in this world. So, why don't you try to end your life so this misery will stop? Atleast, with you dead, everyone's lives will be better."

With the boy showing his vulnerability, Mr. Lu approached his wife and kissed her temples to calm her down. He whispered to her ears, telling her to go home and calm herself, as he promised to his wife that he will take care of the little rat. With her husband's sweet words and promises of making the said boy's life miserable, Mrs. Lu threw the boy a glare before Biyu escorted her outside the abandoned clinic. It was time for Mr. Lu to take the matters to his hands. And once the Lu president take matters in his hands, everything will fall into perfect places.

"It's a pity that you tasted the wrath of the Lu's," Mr. Lu said after blowing the cigarette smoke from his mouth. Opening his palm infront of the butler, Yunho put a gun on it, bowing to his master as he stepped back. "You should have stayed in your little house, studying 'til dawn, working your off as a barista, talking to your friends about work." Mr. Lu convinced as he cocked the gun in his hands. "You should have done that, Minseok. Because if you do, you would not have met Luhan. You would not have experience heartbreaks and betrayals. You would not have experience the hatred and anger of a powerful family."

Minseok sat up from his position, throwing the man a glare. "What are you going to do? You're going to kill your own grandchild? You're going to kill you own kin?"

Mr. Lu raised a brow at the pregnant male, amused by his courage. He is a Kwon, afterall, he thought as he smiled at the boy. "I don't need your child. Im Yoona can give Luhan a child. As for your question of killing your baby, they will do the work," Mr. Lu said as he tossed the gun towards Yunho. "I have a meeting to attend, too. So, farewell, Minseok. I hope you learned your lesson."

The Lu president fixed his coat carefully before walking towards Yunho, whispering, "Do whatever you want to him. Just, kill the child."

With that said, the man disappeared to darkness, taking the men with him, only leaving Yunho and two men with Minseok. The butler smiled sweetly at him as he closed the distance. The gun in Yunho's hand was shining threateningly as the butler waved it infront of him. In just seconds, the gun was slammed on his temple, letting a gush of blood to flow out of it. He hasn't yet recovered from the previous assault when he felt akick on his ribs, disabling him from breathing.  "It's such a pity to kill such a beautiful face," Yunho said, tapping a finger on his chin. "Why don't we have some deal? I'll give you another child after I killed that brat inside of you. How about that?"

Minseok narrowed his eyes at him, trying to scare the man away. "No thanks. But, I would not want someone as horrible like you to touch me."

The insult made the two men behind Yunho to chuckle at Minseok's words. The butler sent a glare to both men, silencing them with that lone stare, before telling them to go out. With the two of them alone, Yunho brought his palm and slapped it across Minseok's face. He stared hardly at the pregnant male, measuring the weak man with calculating eyes.

"I would like to play more but I have a thing to do," the butler said before he took out a knife from his pocket, making Minseok to scampered away from him. "It's time to say goodbye to your baby." Yunho snickered as he plunged the knife on Minseok. With Minseok's quick movement, the attack was futile. Instead of Minseok's belly, the knife opened a wound across Minseok's right arm.

The butler let out a tut of annoyance as he watched Minseok crawl away from him. Dragging the male by his ankle, Yunho has Minseok splayed before him, his huge belly in display, tempting the butler to sink the metal knife on it. With a smirk, the butler brought the dagger mid-air, aiming to end Minseok's child. Struggling to escape the man's grip is pointless since Minseok's strength was drained from the beats he had received earlier. The dizziness from blood loss was making his vision hazy. It was useless to fight back.

The eight months that he had with his baby will all go to waste as the light reflected from the shiny metal taunt him for being weak. Closing his eyes tightly in order not to see the next thing that will happen, his ears heard a loud crack before the weight above him vanished like a bubble. Opening his eyes abruptly, he found the Im heiress standing before him with a steel bar in her hands. After knocking the butler unconcious, the heiress dropped the steel from her hands as she hurried to Minseok's side, helping the poor male to stand up. 

"Are you alright, Minseok?" Yoona asked as she puts a hand behind the male's back to support him.

The pregnant male was speechless as a string of tears flow down on his face. Staring incredibly at the woman, he didn't notice that Yoona was leading him out of the dark room with shuffling steps. How can she hate this woman? Yoona is everything a man wants. She is beautiful, wealthy, kind, intelligent and graceful. Even if he is her fiancee's lover, the heiress still helped him to escape from the death trap of the Lu's. She is perfect for Luhan. And with this thought, Minseok decided that he is glad to hand Luhan to the heiress.

"Thank you, Yoona," the pregnant male whispered to the girl's ears. The girl smiled back at the boy's gratitude as she put Minseok's arm around her shoulders to support the limping body to walk.

"No problem. I need to help my friend's lover." Yoona said back as she guided Minseok down the stairs.

What are you talking about? I'm Luhan's mistress. The sentence was already on the tip of his tongue when it was cut off by Yoona's yelp. Before he can register the yelp that came out from the heiress' lips, he was pushed down, almost falling down the stairs if he didn't cling on the railings, by Yunho whose head was heavily bleeding. He was fuming in anger as he narrowed his eyes at the said male. He was about to push the pregnant male to the stairs of death when he felt someone pulling from behind.

Turning sharply behind him, he spotted the heiress who is trying to choke him with the collar of his shirt. Letting out an amused chuckle, he pushed Yoona to the wall with his hands gripping her neck, almost choking the poor girl to suffocation.

"Well, well, what do we have here?" Yunho singsonged as he tilted his head infront of the choking girl. "Ohh, if it is not the Im heiress, I would have finished my work. What are you doing, princess? Saving your prince's lover from death? How romantic. You're going to save you beloved's lover,"

Yoona narrowed her eyes at the man before him, trying to get out from the butler's tight grip. "I... I swear, y-..you're going to live in hell after this." the heiress proclaimed in shaky breaths. "I will expose you and the Lu's to everyone."

"If you can live after this," the butler said as he pressed the girl to the wall, attempting to make the girl unconcious.

Yoona was gasping for air as she slapped the hand that was threatening to kill her. The butler was about to knock the girl unconcious when he felt another disturbance locking an arm around his throat. With the disability to breath, Yunho let go of the heiress' throat, making the girl coughed a fit, as he tried to battle things out with the male he was told to kill. Their height difference was huge and as the butler tried to untangled the arms around his throat, Minseok was being lifted up from the ground.

The doctor must have forgot to inform Minseok that fighting back against a man taller than you is dangerous to his fragile body. The doctor's precaution was thrown out the window as the pregnant male tighten his grip around Yunho's neck. Yoona was still in her own breathing predicament as she watched with alarmed eyes the scene before her. It was too late to tell Minseok to stop fighting back because the butler slammed the man behind him on the wall, bringing pain to Minseok's body. 

Minseok was still aware of his surroundings yet the pain is still lingering on his back and ... in his belly. His eyes widened with an uncomfortable feeling when felt something wet flowing down his legs. In his twenty-five years of existence in this cruel world, never once Minseok was enveloped by a huge fear. Not even when he heard a noise under his bed when he was young. Not even when his father's new wife lashed a whip on him after he broke an expensive porcelain plate. Not even when his ex-dormmate almost him one night. Not even when the Lu's let out their inner monster on him. Never. But, this time, the walls that he had built to protect him from fear were crushed down as he brought his hand infront of his face, only to discover crimson liquid coloring his pale hand.

He was so immersed at hyperventilating that he didn't notice Yunho taking out the gun in his pocket, aiming to end this . He was grinning sinisterly as he stared at the pregnant male who was shaking in fear as blood pooled from his legs. Perhaps, grinning and watching his prey was not a good idea because, once again, he was knocked down unconcious by someone with a steel bar.

"We should tie him up," Yuri ordered to the others who were busy beating the poor butler into pulp. Junmyeon was the first to pull out from his beating splendour as he searched for a rope or anything that could bound the evil man. He succesfully found a rope that was tied up on a gate and Yuri helped him bound the butler to the stairs.

Yoona has finally regained her breathing after a series of inhaling and exhaling. But, her breath was caught up when she spotted blood flowing down Minseok's legs. A horrifying realization crossed her mind and she found herself scurrying to Minseok's side as she tried to calm down the man. The blood was too much and it was everywhere and if Yoona just stared at it, the baby will be dead.

"Yuri! Help me. The baby..." Yoona didn't finish her sentence because Jongdae already rushed to his bestfriend and carried him from the floor. All of them were panicking as they tried to think of a way of how to save Minseok and the baby.

"Let's find a bed in here. This is a clinic, afterall." Yuri, who was the only one who is calm, ordered.

Jongdae didn't waste time as they hurried in the hallways, trying to search for the ward in order to lay the pregnant male there. They successfully found a bed but Minseok started to wail and demand to save his baby. It was horrible and heartbreaking since all of them are unprepared to do the operation. Tired of hearing his hyung's cries, Kyungsoo stepped infront as he whispered comforting words to the pregnant male, managing to calm down his cries into whimpers.

"We need to do the operation right now. I'll deliver the baby." Kyungsoo proclaimed as he rolled his sleeves up. All of them were shocked by the man's sudden braveness. Aside from the lack of equipment, Kyungsoo was still a medical student who still needs to learn a lot of things before he deliver a baby. "If I don't do it, the baby will die and Minseok-hyung is in danger. Stop thinking and trust me. I'll do this successfully."

The first one to snapped out of shock was Yuri who studied the abandoned ward with calculating eyes. In just seconds, she has already formed a plan in her prettly little head as she let out orders. "The medicine cabinets were still filled with necessities. I think it will be enough to do an operation. Based on my observations, the building underwent a power outage several years before. Anyway, we need to regenerate the electricity in this building. Is there anyone who can help me?"

At once, Jongdae attached himself to the maid as he threw him a mischevious grin. "Hey, babe." he greeted.

"Jongdae! This is not ti--"

"I know. I know." Jongdae said as he rolled his eyes. "We will need Jongin since he knows the parts of the generator and he can fix it faster than I am."

Yuri nodded at his words before they dragged Jongin who whispered encouraging words to Kyungsoo before he disappeared with the other two. Kyungsoo was left with the Im heiress and Junmyeon who were staring worriedly at the panting Minseok. The Do heir was shaking as he displayed the things one by one infront of the pregnant male's opened thighs. It was his first ever operation so he was trembling with worry. Add to he fact that his friend is his first ever patient, his rational thinking was scattered everywhere. Sensing the medical student was shaking, Yoona brought a hand over the petite boy's shoulder.

"Is this your first time?" Yoona asked, in which she received a nod from the medical student. Flashing a genuine smile, the heiress cleaned her hands from the faucet which is miraculously working and wiped it with the tissue from the medicine cabinet. "Don't worry. I'll help you." the heiress offered as she took out a lighter from her pocket.

Junmyeon and Kyungsoo turned their heads at the heiress who was busy tearing bed covers and dumping it outside the room. After several shuffling and tinkling of metallic things, the two smelt something burning from the outside. Junmyeon sent Kyungsoo a look, telling him to follow the heiress outside and see what the ruckus was all about. Until now, they find it hard to trust the Im woman since her family associates with the Lu's. Kyungsoo went outside, leaving the other boy tending the whimpering Minseok who was still in a daze of fear.

"What are you doing?" the Do heir asked when he spotted the girl arranging a laboratory tripod over the flame.

"We need to boil some water," Yoona answered in a matter-of-fact voice before placing a tub of water on the tripod she had put. "We need some warm water, right? We need to clean the baby in it. And, we also need some clean towels so we can wrap the baby there after the delivery. Plu--"

"How did you know this? A-are you a doctor, too?"

The question must have hit a sensitive topic since the heiress suddenly froze on her spot, making Kyungsoo worried. Yoona then continue adding water to the tub as she watched the fire cackled and curled the white sheets into ashes. Her secret that she had locked inside her heart was once again opened as she reminisced her past. A sad chuckle escaped her lips as she turned to Kyungsoo with a smile.

"I'm not a doctor or a midwife. I know these things because I experienced what Minseok was experiencing right now." A confused knot on his eyebrows made Yoona smiling at the heir's confusion. "I gave birth to a beautiful daughter two years before,"

A shocked gasp escaped from Kyungsoo's lips as he stared at the heiress with wide eyes. The Im heiress, the powerful goddess of Korea, was pregnant two years before. The sentence were bold and capitalized in the heir's head and his mind was swirling as he thought he tried to put pieces together. Where is her daughter? Why was it not in the news back then? Who is Yoona's lover? Is Luhan the father of her child? Such questions circled in his mind yet his eyes were still staring at the beautiful woman before him. An amused chuckle brought him back before he spotted the heiress smiling at him.

"No. Luhan is not the father," Yoona said. "My daughter's father is just ... just a commoner. I had a relationship with him when I was studying highschool back in Korea. We got married behind my parent's back. We even eloped just to escape my family's anger. I was young back then. I thought that by escaping from our house will bring happy ending to my story. It didn't. As soon as I gave birth to my child, my parents dragged me back to our mansion, not even glancing at my baby or giving me chance to kiss my angel's temple. It was horrible. I tried to search for my husband and my child but everything was futile when my parents know what I was doing. They send me here so I will not have a chance to see my family,"

The story ended like that with the fire crackling the background. Kyungsoo was still staring at her with astounded eyes. He can't believe the fact that the heiress was pregnant with another man. Luhan and Yoona were supposed to have a family. They were not supposed to have a family of their own. Yoona glanced at Kyungsoo before sending him a smile once again. The medical student wanted to help the distraught woman before him. Because of her family's greed and reputation, she was forced to leave her family behind and marry a man she doesn't love.

Before the heir could give her an advice of help, the light around the area flicked open, informing them that the three had successfully fix the problem. Yoona stood up from her position, the tub of boiling water on her hands, before rushing inside the ward to put it on there. Kyungsoo followed after her inside, only to discover a pale Minseok, his face were mixed by sweat, tears and pain. For now, he needs to help Minseok first. His hyung needs his help more than any people inside the room.

"Let's start the operation." Kyungsoo breathed out as he took the gloves from Junmyeon's waiting hands.

 

 

It took five hours of hard laboring. The sun has set down. Yunho was thrown in a trash dump, courtesy of a remorseful Jongdae. Kyungsoo's gloves were painted by a crimson liquid. Junmyeon was still limping, from his previous beats by his fellow fangirls, as he boiled some water. Jongin was silently praying that his hyung can survive in this horrible situation. Yuri was tired of thinking of plans of how to deliver the baby. Yoona was holding Minseok's hand, letting the male gripped on her hands tight when the pain was unbearable. All of them were tired from the mind-wrecking situation. All of them wanted to collapse on a soft mattress, letting sleep to take over their body. But, unlike all of them, Minseok was wide awake, trying to save his baby from suffocation. The pain he was feeling can never beat his love for baby. The beatings he got from those men can never be painful if he failed to deliver his child. His voice has gone hoarse and his body is tired of pushing.

After pushing and screaming in pain, Yuri let out a yelp as Kyungsoo informed the pregnant male that they can see the baby's head. The feeling of seeing his baby sent strength to his tired body as Kyungsoo told him to push some more. Letting out a loud scream, Minseok tried his best to push. It's time for his baby to see the world.

A shrill cry was heard around the clinic, making everyone in the room froze on their spot. Jongdae almost tripped on his way to the room when he heard the cry. Jongin forgot that he doesn't like seeing blood as he stormed inside the room. Junmyeon hissed in pain when the boiling water scalded his hand but he was excited to care as he rushed inside the room. Yuri let out a squeal as she watched Kyungsoo wrapped the delicate baby on the warm towel provided on the bed. Yoona wiped the sweat on Minseok's forehead as they watched the baby squirming and crying for disturbing his sleep. After cutting the connection between the mother and the baby, Yuri brought the baby near the tub to wash him clean.

"It's a boy, Minseok-hyung," Kyungsoo breathed out as he stared in awe at the baby, the lone evidence that he succeeded on his operation. The weak male cracked a tired smile at him as he tried to sit up to see his baby. Yoona cut him off, pressing him on the bed with her hands, as she whispered to him, "You need to rest, Minseok." But, the Korean male was not happy to rest and sleep. He waited for a year to have his child and he will not let fatigue to prevent him from seeing his child.

"I wa-.. I want to see my b-baby," Minseok uttered between pants as he stared with tired eyes at his baby who is quieting down as Yuri hushed him to sleep. Smiling at the man lying on the bed, Yoona went to take the baby from Yuri's arms. Peeking at the blue cloth wrapped around the baby, the heiress smiled as she got a glimpse of Minseok and Luhan's child. The memories from the past came back like a wave as she thinks of her baby whimpering in her arms.

"Here's your angel, Minseok." Yoona muttered as she placed the baby in Minseok's open arms.

A warm feeling filled his body as he watched his son whimpering and cooing inside his arms. Wrapping the cozy cloth more around his baby, Minseok felt a smile forming on his lips as he watched his baby stilled and quirked his little lips up. He was beautiful. With milky skin and rosy lips, his baby is the most beautiful thing he had ever seen in his life. Kissing the baby on his head, he pulled the fragile body in his embrace as he kissed his angel once again.

"Sehun," he whispered. "My beautiful Sehun,"

 


author's note

10k word, people. 10k. ohmygoshhh! that was so long.
i can feel my fingers still moving, typing imaginary sentences
on the air. anyway, i hope you don't mind the long- chapter.
and also, forget the stiffness of the story. i got used writing lab
reports so pardon me if the story feels like a report. i spent my weeks
writing those. ohh, and sorry if i used wrong terms and words again.
i am not a medical student not an electrician. i just searched it in google.
and voila!

anyway, congratulations to the people who guessed the baby's identity right
let us all welcome BABY SEHUN! all hail the yehet prince of the ohorat world.
to those who guessed baekhyun (he has a role in this story. get ready for some
baekyeol feels) and mark of smrookies (even though i have a thing for that boy),
sorry but maybe next time. (ohhh gawd! why did i mention that? i might cry again!!)
/ignore the rant/ sehun fits perfectly in the role.
he looks like a baby.

he likes choco so much

and even, uncle jongdae says so.



okay so maybe, you don't need the tissue papers yet. i cut the chapter
into half. it was so long and i can feel my fingers almost coming off.
the second half will be the most heartbreaking. so, you might still
need the tissues, okay? well, i'm off now.
i was supposed to be researching about biomedical imaging and
nanotechnology. not how does childbirth works. so toodles, guys~