Chapter 13

We Belong Together

Kyungsoo was writhing the paper in his hands as he waits for the news to flash on their television screen. Jongdae had called him this afternoon, explaining to him with worry and anger in his tone that Minseok was stoned to unconciousness. The milky-skinned boy was pacing back and forth as he tried to call his fiancee who has visited his family. Worry is eating his body as he prayed for Minseok and the baby's health. He doesn't want to witness another death.

The door to their apartment was opened and revealed a very satisfied Jongin. Kyungsoo rushed to the unsuspected male that made the other jumped in shock.

"Kyungsoo?" Jongin asked in concern as he put a hand to caress his fiancee's pale face.

"Jongin, we need to go back to China." the other said. 

Jongin was caught offguard. Just a week ago, Kyungsoo was giggling in excitement as they exit their way out the airport. His sisters cooed at his fiancee and it took Jongin twenty minutes to tear his sisters away from the smaller guy. His family arranged everything so that the two could relax and settle in their vacation house. But, here's Kyungsoo, asking to return back to China.

Thoughts were scattered everywhere as Jongin thinks of a reason why Kyungsoo wants to leave. And, it all leads him to a dark room of jealousy and insecurity. Of course, the guy named Ryeowook.

"No." Jongin answered in a hard tone as he walked pass by the other male who was shocked by his fiancee's decision.

"But, we have to. Hyung--"

"I said no, Kyungsoo." the taller one decided. "Why are you persistent in going back? Are you excited to see your Ryeowook-hyung?" he bitterly added as he bounced on the sofa with a spoiled look on his face.

Kyungsoo stood before his husband. "No. Minse-- Wait, Ryeowook-hyung? W-why is he mentioned here?"

The younger boy rolled his eyes childishly before scoffing at him, "You were always 'Ryeowook this ... Ryeowook that'. It is so damn irritating. Can't you just say my name once in a while?"

He was stupefied. He was beyond shock but a worm of happiness started to crawl on his face and produced a smile as he looked at his young fiancee who was still scowling at his retort. Kyungsoo dashed beside Jongin and gathered the younger in his arms before planting a kiss on his lips, making the other surprised.

"The one who I forced to marry me is you. The one who I exchanged rings is you. The one who I kissed is you. The one who I love is no other but you." Kyungsoo recited before snuggling his head on the other's neck.

His whole face was turning red and Jongin tried to say the three words that Minseok help him to recite. But, thanks to his shyness and awkwardness, he left the three words behind and, instead, asked a question that can save him from this self-conciousness. "Why do you want to go back to China?"

Kyungsoo, remembering his true agenda, withdrew his arms from Jongin, which made the other disappointed, and threw him a sad look. "Minseok-hyung is in the hospital right now. His baby's life is in danger. it seems like the fans learned about his relationship with Luhan."

 

 

His time in the hospital is the darkest moment of his life as he pleaded to the doctors to save his baby's life. Though the doctors ensure him that the baby is safe since Minseok shielded his womb from the raining rocks, the Korean was still restless as he whispered encouragement to his soon-to-be child. Jongdae didn't leave his side as he mumbled curses at the fangirls for harming an innocent life. After hours, Junmyeon stormed in his ward and hugged the pregnant male tightly.

Burden after burden started to pile on Minseok's chest as Junmyeon told him that he was already in news and internet. The media has suspected Luhan of having an affair behind his fiancee's back and Minseok was blamed as the who seduced the awaited heir. China was having a petition to throw him out of the country. Jongdae scolded his twin brother for telling a grave news that might cause a severe miscarriage for the other but Minseok was too deaf to hear his bestfriend's scoldings and Junmyeon's sobs. He blocked every sound he is hearing, protecting himself from the incoming rocks that will harm his baby.

He stayed for a week in the hospital in silence. Jongdae and Junmyeon switched turns in visiting him. The looks that the nurses and doctors sending him are the pebbles that is starting to rain over him. He resorted in caressing his belly and wishing good health to his unborn child. The hospital fees was starting to pile up and the Kim twins were getting worried where to get money. On the eighth day, the Lu's visited the unsuspecting patient before they paid for Minseok's hospital fees. Minseok was very grateful to the couple that he hugged them in a moment of gratitude.

After introducing them to the golden couple, Jongdae and Junmyeon bid their hyung goodbye as the Lu's ushered him to their limousine. Junmyeon politely waved and bowed at the Lu's before turning to his brother, suspicious etched on his face.

"I should arrange our passports incase something happened." Jongdae decided as he sent his brother a knowing look.

"Please do that. I'll try to learn something from Yixing." Junmyeon said, determination burning in his body. "He probably know something from Luhan. I'll try my best to get some."

Jongdae stared at his brother for a long moment before putting a hand on his shoulders. "Try to discreet from the fangirls. I don't want you to experience the raining rocks."

"Don't worry. I'll leave Yixing as soon as the girls started to search for rocks." Junmyeon said. "I'll leave him to his fans."

 

 

Seeing the mansion from afar brings back the horrible memories that happened a week ago. He had learned from Mrs. Lu that their son dismissed a butler by an unknown reason and they have to find a new one. Minseok suddenly felt afraid to take a step in the manor. He doesn't want to see Luhan and be blamed again for being a harlot.

The Lu's carefully helped Minseok out of the car, cautious of the bruises on the other's arms. As soon as they stepped on the door, Biyu dashed to the pregnant male's side and took him from the couple. The couple let the head maid took Minseok in her arms and ushered him to his room. Feeling insecure about his weight, Minseok told Biyu that he can walk all by himself. The maid let him walk by his own but she kept a close distance from the other, afraid that the pregnant male might collapse from pain.

The walk to his room was quiet. The maids were all worried for him that they didn't speak a word to their master's lover. Minseok wants to make the aura lively so he planned to cheer up the maids by a light joke. But, it seems like he is the one who needs to be cheered up. The scene before him was heartbreaking. He can almost hear his heart cracking from the pain.

Before him, slightly concealed by the chamber's curtain, was Luhan and Yoona hugging each other. Luhan was in his knees, hugging the girl by the waist, his head rested at the other's lap. On the other hand, Yoona has Luhan under her embrace, caressing the honey-colored hair of the other male. They look perfect, so perfect with each other that it made Minseok's heart crumbled into pieces. If this was a drama or movie, he would be happy for the couple. But, this is not a drama, this is reality and the reality speaks off Minseok's love for the other male. The maids must have seen the scene, too, so they quickly dashed to the pregnant male's side and tried to conceal his eyes with their bodies and hands.

But, it's too late. Minseok's heart was already broken to pieces.

"I'm going to rest. All of you should, too. I'm going to retire to my room," Minseok muttered shakingly as he took his hand from Biyu's hold.

"But, Mister--"

"Biyu, I can handle myself." Minseok whispered in haste. He then closed his tired eyes and inhaling some fresh air. "I just want to be alone." he muttered before closing himself from the maids' worried looks.

As soon as the door closed, a sob crept out of his lips and tears started to flow from his eyes. He quickly covered his mouth, afraid that he will make a sound that might break the romance from the other door. He collapsed on the floor with a soft flop, misery slowly pulling him into depression as he cried himself out of the pain. Fatigue, depression, suffocation, helplessness and broken were started to swirled inside him, paving way for another wave of sadness to wash him. The tears draws spot on his belly, letting the innocent baby in his womb to feel what his mother been experiencing right now.

A nudge inside his belly pulled him out of his loneliness. A surprised look replaced his lonely face as he placed a hand on his belly. As if the baby was excited that the depressing rain stopped, another happy kick was felt against his mother's palm. Minseok took his palm from the belly and stared at it for the longest moment. A chuckle erupted from his lips as he gazed at his huge belly longingly. He then brought his palms against his lips and pressed a kiss on it.

"I'm sorry, my child." Minseok uttered, a sob coming out from him. "Don't worry about omma. I'll take care of myself. Now, be strong and healthy. I will see you soon. Omma will protect you from the mean people."

The baby must have heard his speech because another kick was sent to him that made him chuckle in amusement. He then caressed his belly in a tender manner, humming a tune to reassure his unborn child that he is fine. The night was spent with Minseok humming and caressing his belly as he stared at the beautiful moon outside.

It's a peaceful night for Minseok. And, he wished this night will be like any other nights.

 

 

It was already March when Luhan snapped out of his miserable state. He had Yunho out of the house and be transferred to other country. He had his parents arranged a plan to conceal Minseok from the public. Yoona, his childhood friend, had comforted him and told him that he can still reconcile with Minseok. But, it's not easy for Luhan. Day after day, he started to realize the timing to confront Minseok was always off. The other male doesn't come out of his room. Only the maids were allowed to enter, taking in and out some food and medicines for the pregnant male.

It hurts. He has the power to demand to open the door. He has the authority over the maids and asked them if his pregnant lover is fine. He had hold of his room's keys. Heck, he even has a hand to knock on the door and a mouth to talk to the other male. But, it's difficult. Everytime he stood infront of the mahogany door, his knuckles touching the smooth surface of the wood, he suddenly felt afraid. He will find himself withdrawing his hand before resting his forehead against the door, wishing he has the courage to apologize and confess his feelings for the Korean male.

"Minseok," he whispered one night, his tone so soft that it was concealed by the whistling breeze of the wind. "I'm sorry for being a coward. I'll protect you and our child, I promise." 

With that said, Luhan took a step back and stared at the door longingly. It has been a week since he casted a glimpse of the Korean boy and it was making him weak that his medicine and strength has concealed himself from him. Letting out a sigh, the Chinese heir was pulled into another staring reverie as he wished for the door to open.

And, it did.

The door opened with a squeak, making Luhan to fell on his in shock. The door revealed a sleepy Minseok who was biting his lip as if restraining himself from something. The conceived male's drooped lids turned into huge saucers when he discovered the heir on the floor, staring at him with huge eyes. The hurtful accusations and stress were pushed aside by curiosity as Minseok squinted his droopy eyes at him.

"Luhan?" Minseok called. "What are you doing here?"

Confessing that he was waiting for him is too embarassing for Luhan. Though he was wishing to see a glimpse of the Korean boy, he doesn't have the courage to talk to Minseok about the hurtful things that he had thrown at him. The suave, confidence and courage he had mustered whenever he goes to the stage or a business meeting always crumbled when Minseok is standing before him, turning him into a lovesick puppy who had lost his voice. 

Hearing the clock ticking seconds, Luhan abruptly stood up from his spot and absorbed the view before him, forgetting the question that his lover has asked. Minseok is glowing beautifully under his stare. The other male's skin was shining from purity. His plump lips were glistening, tempting him to get a taste of those lips. His full cheeks were colored by a beautiful hue. His eyelashes were casting shadows against his cheeks. In short, Minseok looks gorgeous. Luhan was lovestrucked all over again as he gazed lovingly at his lover who has his hand on his belly, looking at him with suspicious eyes.

Unlike Luhan who was absorbing the beauty of the person infront of him, Minseok was casting Luhan a weird look, inspecting the male if he was drunk or not. A red moving thing was caught from his peripheral vision. Turning his eyes behind Luhan, he saw Yoona who was wearing a red chiffon dress looking at them with amusement. Waves of guilt washed over him, reminding him of his place in ths mansion. Those waves also reminded him of the words that Luhan had thrown to him and it brought the pregnant male to reality that he was just an outsider in this family.

With a polite bow, Minseok walked away from Luhan to go down from the stairs, pulling the dream-state boy from his own bubble. Minseok was already halfway through the stairs when the heir regained his senses and turned to him.

"Where are you going, Minseok?" the heir asked in concern.

There was a line of silence from the hesitant Minseok before he answered it. "I'm just going to get some food."

"I-I'll do it." the Chinese boy offered, running his way down the stairs to get the food his lover was asking. "What do you want? Another plate of dumplings? Or a bubble tea?"

"No. I can get it on my own." Minseok declined as he rushed down the stairs, maintaining a five feet distance away from the other.

"But, I insist." Luhan persisted as he tried to close the distance between them.

"No, Luhan." the pregnant male said, the tone in his voice changed into a hard one.

"I can go--"

"Stop acting like an overprotective husband, Luhan." Minseok interrupted, his eyes stared at Luhan's. "You have a fiancee! I would like to remind you that I just asked you to be my donor." And, Minseok was out of his sight, the darkness of the aisle eating him.

The ticking of the grandfather's clock was mocking him with the smile of silence. The hurtful words that he had thrown at Minseok suddenly rang in his head, making him cringed at the pain he had inflicted to the other male. Sitting down on the stairs defeatedly, he blew raspberry with his lips and glanced at the railing.

"I thought this will be easy," he muttered, loud enough for Yoona to hear. The heiress came out from the darkness and raised a perfectly arched brow at her childhood friend.

"I told you apologizing will be easy. But, you didn't apologize." the heiress said back, making the singer groaned. She turned to her childhood friend and confidante and saw his state. The charming boy who always smiles at her when they were younger had turned into this pitiful man. Knowing that if she says a word about something will harm her, Yoona decided to help the boy with an advice which is more of a warning. "Can you promise me something, Luhan?"

The heir turned to her with a confused look which made the Im heiress to continue what she was about to say. "If you make a plan, promise me you will not tell anyone about it. Words can travel through walls and it might eat you alive," Yoona said before she stood up and left Luhan in a puzzled state.

 

 

Once again, after that night, Minseok isolated himself inside his room, only letting the maids outside to bring him food and medicines needed for him. The bruises that painted his porcelain skin like dead roses are starting to disappear day after day, bringing a smile on the other's lips. The room after he moved out from Luhan's was smaller than the latter's room but it was supplied with a television, books and a view of the garden outside. Add the constant kicks of his soon-to-be child in the list and Minseok was contented and never bored inside the room.

While the conceived male was enjoying his solitude, Luhan was pacing back and forth infront of his lover's room, worrying himself if the other is fine and healthy. The idea of crushing the wall into pieces was tempting but he quickly snapped out of his thoughts, predicting that it will just infuriate the moody pregnant male inside. He stared dumbly at the bouquet of roses in his hands, thinking of a way how to send it to the other male without making the other upset.

The answer came in form of a maid, struggling with a tray of food on her hands as she walks towards Minseok's room. Quickly regaining his buried composure, he approached the unsuspecting maid and tapped her on the shoulders. The maid turned around, a little upset to be bothered, only to see her young master staring at her with pleading eyes.

"Don't bother bowing," Luhan said after seeing the maid attempting to put the tray down. The maid sent him a questioning look before the heir showed him the bouquet of flowers in his hands. "I need you to send this to Minseok." 

The maid just glanced at the bouquet of flowers, asking herself if she should help or not. In the end, the maid gave Luhan an excited nod, jumping on her spot, thinking how romantic it is to see her master hyped out. The Chinese heir withdrew the bouquet for a moment, his eyes had captured the fake roses displayed on the side-table. With that, an idea popped out of his mind.

"Do you have a pen?" the maid heard as she watched Luhan struggled with the vase to take one fake rose inside. Snapping out of her reverie, the maid put the tray on the table and dashed to the heir's side with a pen in her hands.

It was quiet for a moment as Luhan scribbled a note on the napkin he found on the tray. With that all set, Luhan laid the bouquet of roses on the maid's tray and sent her inside Minseok's room. The maid then left him outside, concealing the excitement she was feeling with her casual face. The heir crept outside the door as it opened, revealing Minseok who was sitting on his bed, his hands placed on his belly. 

After an hour of waiting and disturbing the painting on the walls, the door opened and the maid comes out with a smile on her face. Luhan rushed to her side and began to bombard her with questions that he can't ask to the other male. The maid tried to control her master's adrenaline rush that she had to settle the tray she was holding on the table.

"Did he accept it?" the heir asked.

"Yes, young master. But, he scoffed after he read the note on the napkin," the maid muttered in shyness. "He told me you have no originality,"

A smile spreads on his face as he let the maid go from his interrogation bubble. He gazed at the door with a lovestruck stare before leaving the place with a skip on his step, annoying Yoona because the happy hums and the constant skips were waking her up from her slumber.

The weeks were completed with Luhan sending sweet nothings to Minseok's meal everyday, making the maids swooned at the romance decorating the atmosphere. Sweet bonbons, little stuff toys and beautiful poems were sent from his heart to Minseok's room. The maids informed him about Minseok's daily routine and it made him smile that the things he sent was cherished by the other male.

One night, Luhan was lurking outside of Minseok's room once again, waiting for the maid to come out and give him another news about his lover. The door opened, revealing an amused Biyu with a tray on her hands. The heir rushed towards her, completely forgetting that he is the master and the maids should come to him.

"He is asking for you," the middle-aged woman whispered. "Go inside. He is in good mood since this morning." the head maid encouraged, leaving the singer behind as he clasped the doorknob.

Inhaling the calming air, Luhan twisted the knob and let himself inside the room. The room was not spacious in his eyes but it was enough to sustain Minseok's entertainment. He then turned to the big bed, only to see the man he was deprived for weeks, sitting by himself and smiling at his huge belly. He was already in his seven month and Luhan was shocked to see the huge belly Minseok was carrying. But, he was more astounded that the other male is blooming gorgeously, beating almost the beautiful ladies he had dated and bedded before.

Noticing the stares he was getting, Minseok turned to the door to see a gaping Luhan, standing awkwardly at the doorside with mouth hanged open. A chuckle erupted from his glistening lips before he brought a hand and motioned for Luhan to come closer to the bed. The besotted heir did what he was asked to, shakingly taking a step, suddenly wary of his appearance. The pregnant male took Luhan's hand in his, that made the heir jumped because he missed this hand so much, and put it on his belly.

Luhan was confused why the other place his hand on his belly. He was still debating himself if he should ask Minseok the question or not when he finally got the answer in a form of a nudge from the smooth tummy. His eyes widened like saucers as he stared at his lover's belly, feeling the light kick the little creature sent him against his palm. A proud smile crept on Minseok's lips as he watched Luhan's change of emotions. The heir withdrew his palm from the spot yet his hand was still lingering on Minseok's smooth skin. He wanted to see his little angel moving inside the comforts of his mother's womb.

Another kick was sent from his little angel, making Luhan bewildered at the amazing thing that happened. It seems like their little baby was happy that he had felt his father's warmth that he sent another kick. But unlike the other nudges, this one was strong that it made Minseok yelped and clutched Luhan's hand in pain. Worried that his baby was making his mother hurt, Luhan brought a finger and smoothed the lump (the baby's feet) gently, humming a song to make their baby sleep. Minseok sighed in calmness as he laid his head on the pillow, watching Luhan caresses his belly with care and plants kisses on the round tummy.

The heir looked up at his lover and smiled fondly at him, completely forgetting the drama they have weeks ago. "The baby must have inherited our soccer skills. He was kicking really hard," he started before grazing his lips on the belly once again. "Hi there, my angel. When you get out of there, I'm going to teach you how to kick a soccer ball." he whispered to their unborn child.

A queasy feeling boiled inside Minseok's heart as he observed how Luhan cared for their baby. HIs eyebrows knotted in a worry line before he called out the heir by his name.

"Luhan," he called in a whisper, making the heir replied with a hum. "After I give birth to my child, I'm going back to Korea."

After putting the pregnant male in sleep, Luhan left the room with a heavy heart. The confession that Minseok told him paved way for another obstacle in Luhan's path to happiness. He always thought that he had erased Minseok's plan of going back to his nation. But, he was all wrong. Instead of weakening the conceived male's determination, Luhan had added fuel to the plan, letting it burn with want from Minseok's side. Add the nosy media and angry fans, the heir was torn what he will do first.

He needed to handle the fans and media first, just like how his parents told him. With that set of mind, the debuting heir calculated a plan in his mind, letting the gears of his brain worked on with a fast pace. Picking his phone from the table, Luhan dialed his bestfriend's number with haste.

"Hello, Yixing? Look, I need you to help me with my plan."

 

 

On Minseok's birthday, Junmyeon was troubling himself how to send the cake he had baked to the older when the birthday boy was locked inside the Lu's castle. His plan was consisted of jumping on gates (which will result badly since he was not an athletic person), climbing trees (which is impossible since he can't even climb a ladder), hacking the security system of the Lu's (which is unbelievable since he is aphotographer, not a hacker), digging routes inside the mansion (which will lead to death if he manage to find himself infront of the Lu's deady pitbulls) and sending the cake to one of the maids (which is acceptable but Junmyeon was a dumb person to not think of that plan). He resorted to putting the cake in the refrigerator and wait for his twin brother to think of a plan.

It was not a plan his brother brought to their apartment but it was Minseok, Kyungsoo, and Jongin. All of them were smiling as they assisted the pregnant Minseok to sit on one of the couch. Unlike the others, Junmyeon was gaping at Minseok and before he can stop himself, he was already blurting, "Ohh my gosh, hyung! You're huge."

Silence coated the room with awkwardness as Kyungsoo gave Junmyeon a hard glare, telling him to apologize before their hyung could comprehend the insult he told. But, Junmyeon didn't catch the warning so he continued inspecting Minseok from head to toe. And, that made Minseok choked in a sob. So, there they are, trying to comfort Minseok as they strangle Junmyeon for triggering a crying revolution from the pregnant male.

In the middle of morphing Junmyeon's face, Minseok calmed down from his sobbing, his cheeks flamed in red as he sniffled every three seconds. "Don't hurt Junmyeon. It was true. I'm huge and fat. That's why Luhan had lost interest with me," he confessed, crystal tears forming in his eyes.

The wrestling match among the four was halted for a moment as they digested their hyung's statement. Luhan will lose interest with him? That's impossible, Jongin thought as he remembered how the Chinese heir protected and cared for the pregnant male like a raging lion. He almost lost his head when the two of them were caught by the Lu almost kissing.

Kyungsoo was the first one to wrap an arm around Minseok, rubbing his shoulders in comfort so he can calm down the mood swings of the older man. "Hyung, being fat doesn't revolve around being ugly. You're pregnant so that explains your appearance. Never thought of yourself ugly or disgusting. A pregnant person is beautiful because he carries a child with love and care."

The speeech of Kyungsoo did it. It calmed down the tears and washed away the insecurity from Minseok's body. To kick off the worry from their friend, one by one, they tell their eldest hyung stories, jokes, compliments, wishes and images of cute babies. With just exchanging of words and laughs, their time together was rewarded by joy. Even if Junmyeon failed to bring out the cake, this was a great birthday for Minseok because he was surrounded by his friends and was hugged by his little bundle of joy.

Two more months, my child, Minseok thought. Two months before my life will be completed.

When Minseok was surrounded by laughs and stories, Junmyeon excused himself from the group to get his phone from the his room. Closing the door with a click, he dialed Yixing's number on his phone, determined to know what was happening inside the Lu's mansion. Luhan will not just throw his friend like that, right? After the bastard impregnated him and fooled them for thinking he was head over heels inlove with Minseok, the heir will not just switch his attention from their friend.

"Junmyeon!" was the high-pitched greeting he received as soon as it was answered. "How are you? I was worried why you are not replying back with my messages. I was so worried about you,"

A part of Junmyeon wanted to throw his phone outside the window and jumped like a lovesick girl while squealing out of his lungs. But, he remembered his plan and decided to throw his giddiness out of the window before it swallowed him whole.

"Hi, Yixing!" he greeted. "I am fine. I'm just busy with my work. Uhm, so, how is Luhan been doing lately?" he asked.

There was a pause from the other line before Yixing let out a breath of defeat. "Well, do you know Im Yoona? If you don't, she is Luhan's fiancee," Junmyeon let out a suprised gasp. "Yeah. I haven't met her yet. Heck, Luhan didn't even mention her to me. Anyway, his fiancee advised him to clear up the flaming rumors and angry fans first. And, that is his plan."

"Wait. So, you're telling me that Luhan's plan was his fiancee's suggestions?"

"Yes. Unthinkable, right? Before you judge my bestfriend, I just want to tell you that Luhan is not a great leader or a man himself. He is a coward, believe me. The reason why he chose to become a singer than be the president of his family's company was because he was afraid to take hold of his responsibility. Creating plans and leading people were not in his ability. He was more of a puppet of people around him. A leaf flowing with the pace of the river. So, when I learned that he impregnated a lover and blindly skipping in joy when his family accepted it, I knew that the strings attached on him by his parents were tightened and the puppeteer will soon make a move,"

"A-Are you telling me that--"

"I think that the Lu's are already preparing for a move. They will turn these events in their own advantage." Silence ensued from the other line before Yixing speaks again, "Honestly, I don't know what to do. I don't know if the Im heiress is an ally or not. I don't know if the fans will help us or not. But, when I heard about Luhan's plan, I think why not. It seems promising and could be successful,"

Junmyeon's mind alerted for a moment. He remembered he had promised to his brother that he will extract a plan from the idol star even if their friendship is at stake. Quickly putting his feelings for Yixing inside a box, the Korean fan carefully asked, "What is Luhan's plan?"

Time and intrigue had mixed inside Yixing without his knowledge. And before he can stop the blossoming feelings inside his heart, he had fallen for the everyday funny messages and constant excited voicemails. Love has trapped him inside the box. Seeing no light inside of it, he blindly forgot the promise he had made with Luhan that he will keep their plan as a secret.

"Luhan wanted to simmer the boiling anger of the fans and the people of China first. On the day he will be proclaimed as the successor of the Lu Industries, he will announce to the public that he and Minseok are not dating. But, I assu--"

"Junmyeon?" a voice called.

With a speed of light, Junmyeon quickly ended the call, dismissing the thought that he just hanged up on Yixing. He turned his back and found Minseok looking at him questioningly as if wondering who he was talking with in the phone. Worry and disappointment was swirling inside Junmyeon and he is afraid that he will burst with the new knowledge he had gathered from the idol.

"Mom called me and asked if Jongdae was not harassing my albums and camera," Junmyeon lied. Those strings of words are tightly wrapped around his neck, making him choked at the suffocation he was feeling. Unknown to the other's sufferings, Minseok flashed him a knowing smile before rubbing a palm on his belly.

"Aunt Hyeri cares for the albums more than Jongdae," the pregnant male joked. Junmyeon let out a breathy chuckle before he watched the older took the half-full Doritos and shyly walked away from his vicinity. Although that was the last chips in the cabinet, Junmyeon let the older have it. The growing anxiety has already strapped him into paralyzation and imagined the heartbreak that Luhan's plan will bring to their hyung.

About half an hour, Junmyeon stayed inside his room, staring at the wall of his room, thinking of the incoming disaster that might harm all of them. The door was opened and Jongdae appeared before him with a raised brow, demanding an answer of his blank state. The younger twin was about to nag his brother when the older beat him to it.

"Luhan is planning to tell the media that he and Minseok are not dating." Junmyeon told in a haste. "Before you tell me it is a good idea, I would like to tell you that our hyung has fallen inlove with the Lu heir and it will break his heart and his child's life if he learn about this."

 

 

"Son?"

Luhan turned around with an alarmed expression, thinking that someone just heard him talking to Yixing about his plan. He let out a huge smile when he spotted his mother staring at him curiously with a beautiful smile.

"Hi, Mom!" Luhan greeted with a cheerful tone.

"Hello, Luhan. Now, what is your plan?"

Trust is a very dangerous thing. It could sometimes lead to downfall and failure. And, here is the example of a pitiful puppet, exhaling his words with excitement in his tone, totally oblivious to the fact that the puppeteer has already flicked a finger, preparing for the show.

   



author's note

i just finished my lab report today. i hope this is not boring.
reading it makes me feel that it is still lacking of something.
but, don't worry. i'll pour everything in the next chapter. like literally everything.
the plans, the conspiracies, the secrets, the failures, the dark past  and the baby.
ohhmygoshh! we can finally see the baby in the next chapter. /skips around/
guess who will the baby, okay? whoever got the correct answer will receive a
pie from me. :) you already know who the culprit is. go catch them.
ohh, and by the way, can you tell me if the story is
getting boring? in that way, i can improve the chapters. i promise to
make your heart race and your blood rush in excitement by telling
me the flaws. /giggles/

anyway, i'm still in a hiatus mode. my professors are still eating me alive. so to
minimize the stress, i updated for the sake of my sanity. i always enjoy all of your
quirky comments and everything. it's quite fun to read them. it always light up my day. :)
i got to go now. see you in the next chapter~
ohh, and don't forget to bring tissues in our next meeting. i might break hearts in the next
chapter. toodles~