Forsaken nightmare.

Mortal Guardian

The door creaked, as he entered the dim room. Barely any light was lit; it was just a slight glow from the huge window and the freezing air, which had rushed inside.  Changhyun was on his bed, turning away from the door and staying quiet. “Hey… “The angel muttered, as he sat beside the latter, hands firmly on the edge of the mattress.  “Yeah byunggie…” answered Changhyun, as ljoe scooted closer and waited for him to turn around. “What’s wrong?” said the boy as he sat up and faced the angel. The saggy collar of his over worn shirt went too low as the scratches on his chest glimmered under the bare moonlight.

 

 

“Wha.. Hey!” the angel gasped, as his finger travelled to the abused, bloody trail on the latter’s skin. Hitching, Changhyun covered the cut with his own hands, “It’s nothing. I got scratched by a criminal today, at practical. Really.”

 

 

Ljoe nodded, disappointed at the deceit as he played along and looked up to the ceiling. Everything was so different; it was like waking up to a nightmare. But then, at the sensation of the latter’s warm, gentle grip on his fingers, he managed to smile. “You know hyung… I’m so happy that you’re here now. I mean wow, I could actually get a response.” That gentle grip slowly evolved into an intense, firm clutch. “And I can see Chunji hyung being so happy too. So don’t worry, don’t sigh because you, being here, is the best thing this house could ever wished for.”

 

 

“But I woke up to changed people y-yah. I woke up to a different house.” The angel’s voice was leaking and frail, rather vulnerable as he swallowed the growing lump in his throat. “I took something… someone from you didn’t i?”

 

 

“Someone who managed to change you so deeply, so amazingly into this strong young man” he exhaled, as his fingers wraps perfectly warm around the younger’s hand. “I’m sure… it was his choice too hyung. I’m sure; he did it because he loved me.” Changhyun trembled as he looked away; desperately covering his fractured expression and his b tears. “I wanted you to be saved too, so… it’s not your fault hyung. It’s mine” his grasp on the angel’s hands loosen as he grit his teeth and clamped on the sheet, it was beyond his control. The emotions, the agony that night was beyond his restraints. Tears paraded down his face victoriously as he choked, trying his best to make a smile for the angel who he loved so dearly. “H..Hyung… I love you. And please, just know this; I am so so so happy that you’re here. You don’t have worry about anything else okay. “

 

 

“I’ll try… I’ll be happy I promise”

 

 

“Mm..” Ljoe answered, helplessly as he stood up and walked away. The burning cut inside his chest was too much for him to bear anymore, so he walked out. This was not the happy ending that he imagined.

 

 

“Joe…” LJoe looked up to see Chunji standing in front of him, looking just as pained. The smaller nodded as the he started to sob; the choking, overwhelming lump in his throat was exploding. He was shaking in Chunji’s arm as he tried to push away Changhyun’s broken face inside his head. “I know. I’m sorry”

 

 

“I’m sorry honey…” Chunji whispered as he comforted the man he loved while his eyes locked perfectly on the closed door and his concern fleeting into the closed room. He couldn’t stop Ljoe from seeing the damage anymore, he couldn’t cover Changhyun’s pain too, so slowly, this happy ending they all had hoped started to rust. Ironically, their dream became a nightmare.

 

 

“But at least we have each other.”