"I choose you"

Mortal Guardian

“LET ME GO!! JONGHYUN !! YAHHH!!”  The smaller boy screamed as he snatched his hands free, glaring at Changjo with flaming eyes. His arm gleamed red from the blood hampering grip and his eyes were damp, everything didn’t make sense. He didn’t understand why Changjo was acting like that, why was he so angry, furthermore, why was he acting like someone he feared.

Changjo was acting exactly like Chunji, screaming, rampaging and everything. Hurting Changhyun even when before he clearly stated how important it was for the latter to be safe.

 

 

“Please, would you stop? What happened to you? Jonghyun-ah…..” Changhyun pleaded as he grabbed the latter’s hand, firmly. But as time passed, his finger shook and in the end he was just as afraid. “Ever since you got discharged, you’re… acting strange”

“I don’t know…. But I’m offended. I’m just so offended, whenever I see your face, I burn up and honestly, Ricky, you make me angry” the tall latter snapped free of Changhyun’s hands as he walked forward, hands tightly on the sides of his waist. He looked incredibly upset, especially for a boy who used to be so calm.

 

“So why?!!” Changhyun yelled, with his eyes damp and his chest throbbing.

“Because…. You’ve been avoiding me, all the time now! And even when you’re not, I could feel it.” Changjo spoke as he breathed out heavily, he was getting tired. Being a shield and trying to act like he was invincible, to Changhyun, to his mother and honestly to the world.

“Feel…?” The smaller lad gasped as he stared up Changjo’s blue, sea-deep eyes.

“I feel like you’re not coming closer. That no matter how hard I try; no matter how strong I am…… you never plan on leaving him and that house, right?” The boy growled as he stared into the twilight skies, insulted at how beautifully they gleamed at such a horrible day.

Three straight weeks of being ignored, 750 unanswered voice mails and countless visits, right after he was discharged, were brushed off so easily by the boy he loved. And then at the sight of Changhyun’s fleeting gaze, how guilt slowly tainted it dirty made Changjo mad. He was only human, at least a huge part of him was and getting upset was beyond inevitable.

Enough”

 

 

 

You know it’s not all your fault, Channie. You saved them both remember?” Hyunseung spoke just as he gulped down the purple, old wine. His bloody eyes still locked on the winged lad. “That night, if you weren’t there….. You’d probably lost both of them.”

“Yeah! And oppa… you risked everything that night didn’t you? You even wiped the whole mountain from all those demons, assassinating each and every one of them. Even the alpha.” Hyuna hungrily interjected the conversation, eyes flickering crimson as she tried her best to keep Chunji from drowning in guilt all over again.

 

 

Smirking to her words, the blonde latter simply exhaled and downed another shot of whisky. However, being totally aware of his limit, Chunji rolled the cap around his lean fingers and stopped. “But I killed him, somewhere deep inside his soul…. I cursed Ricky so deep… ha.. Byung would probably hate me too now”

 

“No, the Lee ByungHun I knew would never hate you. He loved you more than anything, that my friend is indeed a fact.”  Hyunseung grinned, while his hand wrapped around Hyuna’s shoulders, pulling her closer as he talked about love.

Scoffing, Chunji acted like he was about to throw up from the sudden public show of affection. But deep inside, he envied the two lovebirds.

Ljoe used to be way greasier.

 

 

“And he wouldn’t mind dying for the both of you. He proved it once when he took you down here, remember? He fought the arc angels and even dared enough to threaten the gods, so that you could be with him. It was his boundless love for you that I found this little girl here. “The white haired demon kissed Hyuna’s forehead lovingly, as Chunji’s heart started to ache after listening to the latter’s words.

He used to be a hero and now, so are you”

 

 

 

“Jonghyun…. I don’t know what to say. It’s not that I don’t want to, I can’t. I’m not competent enough to leave” Changhyun tried hard not to stutter and sound so broken, but admitting how weak he was, the embarrassment made his nerves tremble.

Looking back, Changjo lifted the latter’s head as he gently held Changhyun’s chin, caressing the smooth, supple skin as he stared down at the shorter boy. His anger subsided as he saw the latter’s sparkling, tearful hazel eyes and how they were desperately asking for help.

 

 

“Oh god, Yoo Chang. You have no idea what you made me into”

Whispering those words, Changjo subtly inched his face closer as he felt their breaths collide. The latter inhaled deeply; savoring Changhyun’s intoxicating scent and how it blissfully made his mind numb. The ground was swaying and the skies were twirling, but all that the boy could feel was his pulsing heartbeat and the intensity of his throbbing hunger for Changhyun.

Their nose brushed against each other as the slight friction sent a pulsating wave of electricity down his body, whilst the need for Changhyun’s touch was instantaneously unbearable.

 

“Jo… Jonghyun… “

The shorter boy trembled under the subtle, painful touches. Changhyun who was just as impatient, brought their lips together, crashing the wet, moist pout together. They paused silently, relishing the sensation as Changjo smirked subtly at how cute Changhyun tasted. Like his hidden character, the boy tasted sweet, a little tangy and rather saccharine.

Changhyun’s nerves died down as his fluttering eyelids closed completely and he no longer could see how perfect the tall latter had looked up close. But it was completely worth it, to lose sight of the world for such moments. Changhyun regretted his decision worst each time they kissed deeper.

 

 

 

His unwearied judgements faltered to crumbs as he felt the warmth spreading throughout his body. He needed Changjo so bad, nothing made sense anymore.

“I get tired, Ricky. But that doesn’t mean I’ll leave. Push me as hard as you can and I’ll pull you closer than ever. Starting from this moment on, I won’t care about the consequences.”

Changjo stared intently into the latter’s brown eyes as he spoke with all his heart, seriously convincing Changhyun about his feelings. “So stop worrying, I choose this”

I choose you”

“Then…”

“Would you save me? Jonghyun. From my own dreadful destiny?”

Changyun’s eyes flushed red as it got wetter the longer he stared at the boy  who he believe would trade the world to change their twisted fate. It was a horrid question despite their solid faiths and no one, not even a single person managed to answer it before. Death colored that request to the core and fear rained all over it.

Because Changhyun could never escape…

“I will. Even if it meant being killed”

As crushed as he was at Changjo’s answer, he knew better, that the latter could never leave him behind. Tears paraded down his jaws as Changhyun kneeled on the floor, shaking and gasping for air, for forgiveness.

Because he would’ve begged Changjo to leave, but he couldn’t anymore.

“Save me… Jonghyun-ah, save me please. I want to live, I want to love you and I want to go away.”

“So save me, please”

 

….

 

“I’m just informing you this, young angel. Your so called mortal ‘son’ took a case from me. The assassination of Choi Wang, the greatest Gumiho so far. Now… wouldn’t that be a legend, a young helpless mortal on a quest to kill the greatest demon of the century.”

Chunji’s heart crippled at the sound of the client’s sinister laugh, so deep inside his senses. Trembling, he tried to speak, but before he could even think of a reply,

“And your beloved Byunghun, the brave one’ had just gone to save him. But guess what is the fun part? They have more than enough members to destroy your lover, you’ll be outnumbered and he’ll die. It’s an omen Lee Chanhee. I’ve seen this and even planned along, for your fate”

“For your destruction. YOU UNGRATEFUL CREATURE”

The client growled as Chunji immediately realized his identity. He was an enchanter that worked with the heavens, the one who recruited him into becoming a guardian centuries ago. But only when Chunji met Ljoe, was he able to taste freedom. The latter longed for love and Ljoe gave him just that.

Please… don’t touch that man, he’s a good angel. The best actually, please…” Chunji pleaded as he desperately held in his sobs, swallowing the huge, painful lump inside his throat.

“This is a lesson, that you should never obey your greed. The death of Byunghun and your disgusting son revolved all around it, greed. The child greed for his parents, Byunghun greeds for freedom and you, sadly your greed for love”

The phone crashed on the floor, as Chunji trembled. His tears brimmed, while cold beads of sweats dampen his pale forehead. Everything turned grey as he realized how easy it was, for the two of his beloved family, his soul mate and son could die.

But the only person that was ringing inside his mind was Ljoe.

 

 

 

The sound of the fracturing wine glass, screeched loud as Chunji immediately lets it go and threw the pieces of glass into the dustbin. The past haunted him deep, that he couldn’t help but to cringe each time they reoccurred.

Actually, the reason why we are here is because….” Hyuna looked down, as her hands traveled to Hyunseung’s. Gripping it subtly, because deep inside, she didn’t want to tell Chunji of what they found out. But they had to.

“We found out a way to bring Ljoe back, since he’s not dead it will be pretty straightforward.” Hyungseung spoke as he tilted the bottle of the dark plummy wine and poured some more into his glass.

“How?!” Chunji grabbed the motioning bottle and forced the demon to make eye contact. His golden eyes were hungry for information and the latter was growing too impatient.

“Huh… since his wings were half of his being. It was practically his life, correct? Chunji nodded desperately at the demon’s question, letting the latter to speak on. “Well… all we need to do is just to give him the half of the life he lost, back. And that…”

“That means, it’s either we have to kill some other immortals and trade its life for Byunghun’s or recreate such power. But the second option is practically impossible, we can’t do it. None of us can so... However it won’t bring back Joe’s wings, instead it will only give him enough power to gain consciousness. Remember, nothing is as strong as you guys here on this world”

Hyuna gulped as she explained, because they both knew that Chunji was capable to do such things if it meant getting Ljoe back to life. Hyungseung was getting uneasy too, as he stared at the young angel, burning with passion, with danger.

“Hey… lets not opt for either of that okay. It will get you more trouble than you think.” Gently trying to persuade Chunji, the demon held the latter’s shoulder firmly. “Then, what do you propose we do? Huh!” Chunji hissed, getting angry at how the couples were diminishing his options

 

 

“There’s a witch, a demon of some kind that lived in the mountains. I think it’s the same mountain, Byung got hurt. Mount Keumgang. “ Hyunseung explained. “She can help us oppa, trust me” Hyuna shrieked slightly as she started to convince the blonde haired angel.

“Fine, let’s see her first.” The latter growled as he took the liquors away and threw them mindlessly into the dustbin, and tossing a lighter inside. His eyes lit with hope as he stared at the strong blaze.