IT was blue

Mortal Guardian

Seeing the rage within the depths of chunji’s golden eyes, trembling with terror the younger boy caresses the elder’s hand. Gently rubbing it, with hopes to soothe the boiling wrath chunji was holding in.

 

“hh..hyung… im sorry, im so so sorry. Please, please.. spare me. I was wrong, forgive me..”

“I beg you…”

 

Shaking, changhyun moved his body closer and subtly pulled chunji into his warm embrace. Slowly chanhee’s fuming face faints and he lets out a heavy breath. Probably exhaling the anger stuffed within his heart. Just like that his gleaming wings slowly curled back in, disappearing into the winter breeze that blows within the old mansion.

 

Ricky was one of the only soft spots within the lad’s heart. Of course, ricky was different. The boy was practically raised by himself and his one love. The boy was like his own child. But these days, the lines between a child, brother, friend and lover were slowly rusting.

Chanhee didn’t even know what his feelings were for changhyun. All that he understood was the possessive emotions flooding over his judgments each time he lays his eyes on the younger lad.

 

“Let’s go to sleep Ricky…. We need it”

 

Freeing himself from changhyun’s arms, the elder lad walked coldly into his room while ricky stood frozen. Fear had overwhelmed each part of his body, he could barely move a finger.

 

Yoo changhyun was living with a mystical creature. A fallen angel, one that was tainted with wrath and agony that his past was darker than black. Punished by the heavens, he was exiled to earth with his capabilities as an angel taken away.

 

He was like a flightless bird. The big strong wings he has are useless as he could never fly. His presence was tied to the ground so that he would suffer and wither away from the universe.

 But the boy proved the heavens wrong. Yes he was suffering but still, he survived. All thanks to the two most precious people in this world and one of them is yoo changhyun.

 

 

The sunlight was filling changhyun’s spacious bedroom. The boy rubbed his eyes when suddenly his shoulders ached intensely, he was injured again. He walked painfully to the mirror only to see a huge bruise on his back, probably because of the ‘slight’ push chunji did to him.

Even when forced to live like humans, chanhee’s strength never faded.

 

“ aishh why today out of all days”

 

He ignored the bright deep purplish-blue color on his milky pale skin and hastily wore his shirt. Then he layered it with a burgundy colored jacket with an emblem stitched perfectly on the right side of his chest.

 

It was a uniform, for his first day at the established Cheonsa High. An elite institution for talented teenagers who are considered to be the best amongst their peers.  And with the gift he has, yoo changhyun was accepted easily.

Once more dragging himself to a place he needed to be. He has to graduate well to escape chunji’s grasp and be free. So he closed his eyes and the moment he stepped out of the house, he took a deep breath and drowned himself under the warm sunlight.

 

“I can do this..”

 

He whispered so slow that even his own ears could barely hear it, still it was loud enough to convince himself that he’ll be able to get through another day. That he would survive.

 

Entering the institute with a fake smile again, changhyun was sure his jaw had gone sore. But it didn’t matter. His pokerface, that spellbinding grin he owned was one of his talents in covering the dark secrets of himself. Anyone would fall for it rather effortlessly and like that he could simply hide the bruises and wounds on his body.

Teachers, classmates everyone was infatuated with his bright cheerful face that they had missed his cold hollow eyes. Ones that were always planning, scheming for everything they came across.

 

He was sure his little show had fooled everyone and that he had made them believe how ‘happy’ he was. Except for the boy who was supposed to be sitting beside him. Ricky had not seen the owner of the table beside him from the moment he entered the school.

And it was almost time to go home.

 

When a rather familiar face came in the classroom and threw his backpack on that exact table. Then the boy walked closer and effortlessly lifted ricky’s chair along with the owner forward so that he could squeeze in to his table. Their tables were place by the end corner of the class and that spot was quite tight for his tall and buff built.

The moment the black haired boy sat down, he didn’t even bothered to take a glance at ricky. Instead the lad immediately folded his arm and slept. Feeling offended by the act, chanhyun glared at the boy burning with annoyance. Sneering loudly the moment he realized who that boy was.

 

“ uhm ricky, that is…”

“ JONGHYUN. Am I correct, howonnie?”

 

Surprised by ricky’s answer, Howon the class rep smiled sheepishly and nodded his head. Asking ricky rather earnestly how did the lad knew, hoya was quite impressed when he found out how changhyun remembered jonghyun even when they only met once.

 

“ pshh, always another person introducing this bum to me. Wonder if he even remembers his own name”

 

Taken aback by Ricky’s sarcastic comments, Howon immediately explained.

“ahh… he’s too tired that’s all. If you noticed the sweaty smell, yep. That my friend is the result of three straight hours of judo and taekwondo training”

“ it’s Wednesday so, like a routine he would have to complete four hours of training. So he’ll sleep anywhere he could. This kid is practically half awake 70% of the time”

“that’s why he gets a bit well,… indifferent”

 

Nodding silently, chanhyun just agreed to every single word the class rep was uttering. Honestly changhyun never cared, all he wanted was for class to end faster. It was the last subject, history and the duration was only an hour. But it felt like eternity to ricky as the teacher kept blabbering things that were already inside of his head.

If only he could sleep like the fool beside him, the world would be much easier. But his mind was not only trained to be précised, it was also trained to have extreme focus. Practically suffering from his own ability, a sharp noise suddenly took all the attention away from the board.

 

Snore.

Jonghyun was snoring like a bear. Amused, ricky’s lips unintentionally curled up carving a faint smile. The way changjo was sleeping like baby was rather adorable, in fact the boy looked so innocent. Trailing his sight from jonghyun’s forehead that was covered by his black shiny hair, down to his eyelids, noticing thick long lashes and the slight freckles on his pale milky skin the boy was indeed good looking.

 

Ricky was practically staring at the sleeping lad. Still snoring, jonghyun was clueless of changhyun’s intense stare whereas the babyfaced lad was completely drawn into his desk partner. Too busy staring that he didn’t notice that class was over and was deaf from the screeching sound of the school bell.

 

But jonghyun heard it. Ricky’s mind was screaming to look away but the boy could not bring himself to stop looking. Shuddering slightly, the black haired lad opened his eyes slowly waking up to changhyun’s intense gaze. However the moment their eyes met, shivers ran down ricky’s spine.

 

His heart halted as he stared into jonghyun’s breath taking eyes. It was so different, extremely intoxicating.

It was blue.