A Bromantic Barbecue

Could it be... I like you?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was a quiet Saturday afternoon in Min Ho’s pad, just the way he liked it. The cast and crew got back from L.A. two days ago and were given a few days off to rest before they resumed filming. They have yet to receive the next episode’s script so he was basically left with nothing much to do. Exactly the way he liked it. He would have still been sleeping if his friends didn’t insist to come over for a little barbecue dinner party.

He was in the middle of looking at some footages on his handheld camera when the doorbell rang. Min Ho got up from the couch and opened the door to a beaming Il Woo.

‘Chinggu-ya! I missed you! Let’s eat!’ Il Woo greeted his friend brightly while he handed him two plastic bags.

‘Ya! You bring this to the kitchen!’ Min Ho grumbled.

‘I’m your guest. Show some courtesy,’ Il Woo snapped back, taking a seat. He noticed Min Ho’s cam and started fiddling with it.

Min Ho grimaced. ‘Some guest. You’re always here,’ he replied as he made his way to the kitchen. Il Woo followed him casually, still holding Min Ho’s cam.

‘Bummie?’ Min Ho asked as he started sorting out the groceries on his kitchen table.

‘Talked to him a while ago. He said he’s coming right over. Ya, you should see him. He looks beaten up. All sorts of crazy happening in the Goddess of Fire production,’ Il Woo said, shaking his head. ‘Oh, did you hear Geun Young was injured?’

‘Yeah. Shin Hye told me about it when we were in the States. Must be tough,’ he sighed. He knew all about being injured on set.

He noticed that Il Woo was eyeing him closely.

‘What?’ Min Ho asked, starting to cut the meat.

‘You look good.’

Min Ho laughed. ‘I always look this good,’ he said in English.

‘What’s funny?’

‘It’s one of Kim Tan’s lines. I tried to learn that for days! It still didn’t sound right,’ he chuckled.

Il Woo smiled at him. ‘Ohh, so I’m assuming L.A. went very well?’

‘Yeah, it went well. Good, actually. It was fun,’ he replied. ‘Such a great crew. The atmosphere was light, too.’ He gently put the meat in the marinade he made before Il Woo arrived.

‘And Park Shin Hye?’

Min Ho stopped working the meat and shot his friend a curious look. ‘Huh?’

‘How was shooting with her?’

‘Good,’ Min Ho replied nonchalantly, going back to what he was doing. ‘She’s good. I already knew she’d be good but she was a lot better than I expected. And very polite.’

‘Good? Polite? That’s all?’ Il Woo stared at him in disbelief.

He shrugged. ‘What else is there to say?’ Min Ho took the container with the meat and headed to the garden. Il Woo followed him as he checked out a scene in Min Ho’s cam. Just then, Min Ho turned around. ‘Wait a minute, why am I the only one doing this? You’re the one who insisted you want barbecue!’

‘The maknae is supposed to do all that, but he isn’t here yet,’ Il Woo gave Min Ho a cute smile.

‘Technically, I’m three months older than you so that makes you the maknae for now,’ Min Ho handed him the meat and took the camera. ‘Start grilling.’

It was getting dark and the two were catching up, with Il Woo working the grill. Not long after, Kim Bum arrived and they exchanged hugs. Min Ho thought Il Woo was right about Bum, he didn’t look too good.

‘I used to think that out of the three of us, I was the worst looking one,’ Il Woo said. ‘I love you, but you’re definitely third now,’ he gave Bum a playful smack in the face.

Bum laughed when he noticed the camera on the table and picked it up. ‘Hyung, what’s this?’

Il Woo and Min Ho looked at the same time but it was Il Woo who answered. ‘Min Ho’s camera. You know how he’s all ob

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter