Little Worries

Could it be... I like you?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Her worries.

                                                                                                                        

Shin Hye stared at the clothes sprawled on her bed. She kept sighing, helplessly unaware of what to do. For a good hour, she was just imagining the dinner scenario. There haven’t been a lot of times when she was invited to have dinner with the drama writer before the casting was official. She wants to see us interact with each other, she thought to herself. There were a million things she thought could go wrong. I can’t mess this up.

But there was something else troubling her. Him. She hasn’t talked to him in almost three years. They’ve seen each other here and there, but they never really interacted.

She still remembered the first day she met him at the Etude shoots. She was really nervous about working with him then. After being the hottest breakout star of Boys Over Flowers, he was suddenly everywhere. She had been acting longer, but he was the bigger star. When he walked into the room for their concept meeting, her eyes widened and her jaw dropped slightly. She couldn’t believe that anyone can be so good-looking. It was cheesy, and she hated herself for it, but damn he was so good-looking.

She tried to be friendly and bubbly around him, her usual self. But he was a bit detached and reserved. Sometimes he would just sit there, pensive. He had an aura about him, like… royalty. Then there would be times when he would crack a joke and laugh, and then he’d go back to being quiet. Shin Hye honestly believed she can read people well, but she can’t seem to read him. He was fascinating to her, but that just made it all the more difficult to be close friends.

After all the shoots ended, he was shipped off to other commitments. Sometimes she’d feel sorry for him because he’d look so tired. She wanted to talk to him more, and not just about the shoot, but actual personal conversations. But he was too intimidating. She usually got along with other people so easily, even guys. But Lee Min Ho was different.

Now got even more worried after recalling those days. What if we don’t click? What if I’m tongue-tied around him again? Shut up, Shin Hye. You can do this. Now for the more important issue at hand – what the hell am I going to wear?

Shin Hye grabbed her phone from the bed and started dialling.

‘Oh, Shin Hye, what’s up?’

‘Soo Jin eonnie, fashion emergency! I’m going to meet a drama writer and an actor at B28 for dinner. I don’t know what to wear.’

‘Ooh! You’ve finally chosen your next drama, huh? Chukae! Hmm. What are your options?’

‘Emerald green dress, beautiful. But I’m afraid it’ll make me look like I tried too much. It’s just a casual dinner. The other one, black leather jacket over a shirt and jeans. But I’m scared they’ll be taken aback because I didn’t try enough.’

‘Hmm. What character are you playing?’

‘A high school student.’

‘Is the actor hot?’

‘Yes.’

‘Then we’ve got a real problem.’

Park Soo Jin was definitely the best person to ask when it comes to wardrobe. Shin Hye smiled at her similarity with Cha Do Hwi, the fashionista she played in Flower Boy Next Door. Except she isn’t evil, and is in fact very sweet.

‘Shin Hye, do you have a white dress there?’

‘Huh? A white dress? Why?’

‘A white dress denotes innocence and simplicity, so you’ll look perfect for the writer. But it also has a 100% guaranteed impact on men. It’s both sweet and y, like wedding dresses – except not as scary.’

Both of them laughed.

‘I’m su

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter