The First Call

Could it be... I like you?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(7 months ago)

Her phone call.

It was a lovely Saturday morning and Shin Hye just got out of the shower. Summer was getting hotter so she decided to put on a loose white shirt and shorts. Just as she was about to come out of her room, her phone rang, the sound piercing through the quiet morning. She picked it up from her bed and saw the company president’s name.

‘Hello, President? What’s up?’

‘Shin Hye, I need you to come by the office this morning. We need to discuss something important.’

‘This morning? Is it going to take long? I was going to meet Ara for lunch.’

‘I just need an hour.’

‘Ha! An hour is never just an hour with you, President. But fine, I’ll be there in a bit.’

Shin Hye frowned. She had been excited to spend Saturday morning alone; she even planned out all the details: cook and eat breakfast, watch TV, clean her place a bit, read some of the scripts that her manager brought over last week, then meet Go Ara. It hasn’t been long since she wrapped up promotions for Mirace in Cell No. 7 and working on Rock, Paper, Scissors of Love. She was trying to get as much rest time before filming her next drama, which she heard would entail a lot of action scenes.

She picked up the script for the first episode of Sword and Flower which was on her bedside table. I wonder if Joong Ki oppa is already onboard, she thought. She her TV and started changing her clothes.

‘SBS Entertainment News. Top star Lee Min Ho has chosen his next project – a trendy show about a group of young heirs penned by famous drama writer Kim Eun Sook.’

Shin Hye grabbed the remote control and turned up the volume.

‘Kim Eun Sook is responsible for the hit dramas, ‘Secret Garden’ and ‘A Gentleman’s Dignity’ which not only garnered high ratings but the love of the audience. It is said that the writer specifically handpicked Lee Min Ho as the central character of the drama. So exciting! We will be anticipating more as this drama finalizes its casting.’

Shin Hye tilted her head. ‘Hmm.’ She turned off the television and grabbed her keys.

As soon as she arrived at her company building, she went straight to the president's office. She badly wanted the hour to be over fast so she can go back to her place and continue where she left off.

‘Good morning, sajangnim. I want you to know that you disturbed my Saturday.’ Shin Hye laughed as she took a seat. ‘What’s so important that I have to be here now?’

The company president handed her a folder. ‘This came for you.’

Shin Hye opened the folder and on its first page read, ‘One who wants to wear the crown, bear the crown: Heirs. What is this?’ She looked up at him, confused.

‘It’s a drama synopsis. By Kim Eun Sook.’

Shin Hye’s eyes widened.

The president continued, ‘That came for you last night. Kim Eun Sook wants you to call her as soon as you receive that. She specifically asked for you. You know what this means, right?’

‘Oh? Yeah, but… uhh, what about Sword and Flower?’

‘I just talked to Blossom Entertainment and they said Song Joong Ki is enlisting soon. There is no way he’ll be able to film the drama. Which means Sword and Flower just lost its biggest appeal. D

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter