A Friendly Visit?

Could it be... I like you?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Min Ho looked in the bathroom mirror and noticed how swollen his eyes have become. He has been crying nonstop in the last four shoots and as a result, he’s been feeling pretty down. All he thought about were depressing things to help him with his scenes. He was starting to believe that Kim Tan’s emotions were his.

But one thing they do have in common was longing for the girl and backing off knowing it’s best for her.

He sighed. He’s becoming more and more careful around Shin Hye since the phone prank in the resting area. He didn’t think he could control himself if a similar situation were to happen again. It helped that they weren’t filming a lot together in the past week.

His feelings were one thing, but another was people’s reactions when episodes 15 and 16 were broadcasted. Everyone kept asking him if he and Shin Hye were together in real life. On one hand, it seems like his feelings are good for the drama and helping sell the story. But on the other, he’s increasingly becoming more worried about hiding his feelings outside of shoots.

He suddenly remembered a conversation he had with Ha Neul the other day.

 

They were at Mango Six, waiting for the shoot to start when he noticed Ha Neul kept eyeing him.

‘What? Does my make-up bother you?’ Min Ho asked, touching the band-aid on his nose. His face was full of bruises from Kim Tan's breakdown.

Ha Neul hesitated, but spoke up after a while. ‘Hyung, are you really dating Shin Hye? She wouldn’t tell me.’

Min Ho was taken aback by his question. He understood how people can misunderstand when they watch the show, but it’s a different story when the actors start speculating, too. More importantly, what did Shin Hye say?

‘Ya, what are you talking about?’ He replied. ‘Stop joking,’ he chuckled awkwardly. After a few seconds – and he tried to be as oblivious and nonchalant as possible – he asked, ‘what did she say?’

‘Nothing much, she just hit me,’ Ha Neul said, smiling. ‘She’s always been violent since we met.’

Something about Ha Neul’s smile irked him a little bit. ‘What do you mean?’ He asked.

‘Our classmates were kind of awkward around us since we were already actors, so we had no choice but to hang out with each other. And she’s always hitting me every chance she gets,’ he replied.

This time, Min Ho was annoyed. He just nodded silently and looked around. What's the point of this story? Ugh. Aren’t we going to start yet?

Ha Neul must have noticed Min Ho's expression because he cleared his throat and said, ‘but she does that to everyone, hyung. She’s just violent in general,’ he giggled uneasily.

 

Min Ho shook his head and chuckled when he remembered the look on Ha Neul’s face. He was clearly rattled by his reaction. I have to stop being so obvious. He washed his hands and went out. He was relieved that he can finally stop crying today and have a light reunion scene with Eun Sang. It also helped that the other actors were there to lift up his mood (and distract him).

He was on his way to the shooting area when he heard a couple of crew members in the corner talking.

‘Isn’t he Lee Min Ho-ssi’s friend? Maybe he came to visit,’ one of them said.

‘Anya, he’s probably dating one of the girls,’ the other replied.

Min Ho wondered what they were talking about and continued on his way. As soon as he got to the set, he saw a familiar man standing by the entrance talking to Woo Bin. He was taken by surprise after realizing who it was.

‘YA!’ Min Ho yelled as he approached the two guys.

 They turned to him and the man beamed.

‘Chinggu!’ Jung Il Woo yelled back, waving.

‘Ya, what are you doing here?’ He greeted him, laughing. He was glad to see his friend after not being able to meet for a while.

‘I came by to visit,’ Il Woo replied. ‘Seems like everyone is doing a great job. Your drama is daebak,’ he continued, looking at Woo Bin.

‘Why didn’t you tell me you were coming?’ Min Ho asked.

Il Woo smiled and put his hand on Min Ho’s shoulder. ‘I miss you and all but I’m not here for you.’

Min Ho turned to Woo Bin thinking he didn’t know that he and Il Woo were close. But Woo Bin shrugged, as if saying he had no idea what Il Woo was talking about.

‘Oppa, wasseo?’

They all turned around and saw Shin Hye walking towards them with a smile on her face.

‘Oh, Shin Hye-ah,’ Il Woo excused himself and walked to meet her.

Min Ho stared in disbelief as he saw Il Woo and Shin Hye greet each other and start laughing. So many thoughts were running through his head. He stood there unable to move or say anything as he tried to understand the situation. He re

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter