T h i r t y - S i x

Connecting the two Deers
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

T h i r t y - S i x : The Three Magical Words

 

 

“Wu Fan… I…”

 

Yoona look at Kris who seems hopeful in her eyes. Unable to maintain eye contact with his hopeful eyes, Yoona look away making Kris feels a bit hurt.

“Yoona…”

“I’m sorry… Wu Fan… I can’t…”

“Yoona, is this about him?”

“No… It’s about nobody… WuFan, I’ve always consider you as a friend… More than that, a brother that I will always care for… I admit, you were always there for me when no else does. But, all those feelings lingering in me when I’m around you is no romantic feelings… So, I’m sorry, Wu Fan…”

Kris pulls Yoona into a hug. Trying to force his feelings on her, he kisses her forehead softly.

“Wu fan… Feelings cannot be forced… You’re the one who taught me this before when I…”

“Yoona, that was all in the past… I’m immature back then, so I couldn’t accept you more than a friend… Plus, it seems Suho was interested in you too…” Kris just let his last sentence remain in his head.

“Plus… What? Wu Fan… I cannot return your feelings, I’m sorry…”

“Love means never having to say sorry, Yoona… Yoona, I…”

 

“Why am I here again?” He looks around and notices the place that feels nostalgic to him. Letting out a short sigh, he walk inside the building and scan around the surrounding which is familiar to him. He bows back to the trainees that greeted him when they walk towards the building exit. His lips curve into a simple smile, noticing that he is now standing in front of the rooftop entrance.

“What if she’s here tonight? Will I be able to face her?” Holding to the door knob, he twists it softly to open the door. Without making a sound, he sneaks through the gap and somehow regret of doing so. His small smile disappears and replaced by a straight line along his lips, unable to comprehend what he is seeing right now.

“Yoona…? Wu Fan?”

“Luhan?” Both of them turn to the figure standing in front of the entrance, slowly they look shock due to unexpected visitor. Slowly, let go of each other after the hug, they look at Luhan who seems sad.

“What… What are you doing here?” Luhan manage to ask after taking a deep breath to gather his own conscience, to stop himself from doing anything stupid.

“Nothing… We’re just spending time together as…” Yoona pauses as she turns to look at Kris. 

“Friends… We’re just seeing each other as friends.” Kris finishes the sentence with a determine look shown on his face.

“Oh really?” A not amused tone came out of Luhan’s small mouth and he turn to look at the two with an unreadable expression.

“Y-yeah… It’s just we hardly spend time together… So…”

“I invited her to meet here… Since fans might misunderstood us if we meet outside and…”

“It might cause scandal. I don’t want to cause your group any scandal, so we decided to meet here…” Yoona ended her explanation and gaze upon Luhan hoping for some understanding from him.

“Well, I guess I am ruining your friendly meeting. I suppose I should go now. Have fun with your friendly date… Yoona, Yi Fan…”  Luhan muttered weakly, but loud enough for the three of them to hear. Luhan smile weakly to the two of them before showing his back to them and start walking away from that scene.

“Luhan… I…” Yoona tries to call out for Luhan, but Kris ended up holding her back by holding her right hand.

“Yoona… Is there really no chance for me?” Kris asks Yoona again although he had already got his answer before.

“Wu Fan…”

“Yoona, look at me… Is there not even a single bit of your heart that belongs to me?” His weak voice resonance to her ears like a sad music playing in the background. Yoona look at Kris and back to the door entrance and back to him again.

“Wu Fan… No matter what, I still love you… As a friend, a brother and a faithful companion who is willing to be there in times of need. I will always love you like that. You’re precious to me too… I…”

“But, I cannot be compared to Luhan whom you fell for right?” Showing his gummy smile, Kris tries to hold back his tears.

“Wufan… I’m sorry…”

“Don’t be, Yoona… You deserve to be happy… I love you, and that fact will never change…”

“I hope you can find someone that loves you back as much as you love her…”

“As of now, I don’t think I can… But, please go now… Go and chase after your happiness…” Kris softly let her go and watches Yoona leaving him. Heartbroken, he fall down to his knees the same time his tears roll down his cheeks.

“I hope you can be happy, My Angel… Please don’t cry anymore…” Kris muttered as his tears continue to roll down his cheeks. Feeling a soft pat on his broad shoulder, he turn around to find a smiling Xiumin behind him.

“Minseok ah…”

“Duizhang… Be strong…”

Xiumin envelops Kris into a soft brotherly hug and just let the bigger guy cries on his shoulder. He did this for Suho and Sehun before, so he does not mind doing it for Kris.

“Minseok… Did I do the right thing?”

“You’re like Sehun… If your conscience tell you it’s a right thing to do, then it’s right… I am in no place to judge…”

“Minseok ah, thank you…”

Xiumin softly pat Kris back as something ran through his mind.

 

‘Where did that kid go? Oh well, what is going to happen with the two deers?’

 

“Luhan…”

Yoona call out to Luhan when she ran after him. Gathering her HIM YOONA power, Yoona manages to catch up to him and grab hold of his right hand.

“Luhan…”

Luhan have to admit, his name sounds nice and sweeter when it comes out of . However, due to seeing those scene before, he cannot feel happy anymore.

“Luhan… Speak to me…”

Weakness. Im Yoona is Luhan’s weakness, her pleading voice makes him feels

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter