"Truth"

The LEE Family

Seohyun ran to Yoona and hugged her. Yoona began to sob. Jaejin felt mad, IU tried to calm him down. Yonghwa was dumbfounded. Shinhye stood up and joined the two girls who were hugging. She led Yoona to a chair for her to sit. Hongki looked at his twin brother who was turning red with anger. He knew he had to do something or else his brother will do something stupid again.

Jonghyun can’t seem to know what do to. He wants to kill the person who harmed Yoona. Due to frustration of knowing not what to do, he dashed out of the house. Hongki and Yonghwa automatically ran outside to follow him, both knowing they need to control the rage that’s eating Jonghyun.

Yoona looked Jonghyun who just walked out. As soon as he was out of hearing, in spite of her condition she managed to say, “Is that really Lee Jonghyun or a doppelganger? That person’s been acting weird lately. It’s as if he cares for me at all.” Yoona smiled sarcastically. “I can’t blame him. I am really pitiful right now.” Tears then began to fall from her eyes again. ”At least something good happened out of this tragedy. The great Lee Jonghyun realized I exist after all and he even cared that I got hurt.” Yoona then covered her face and began to cry hard. Seohyun again hugged her friend and Shinhye began to rub her back to comfort her.

Jaejin can’t control his anger anymore. He freed himself from IU who has trying to control him and ran outside to follow the other boys. IU tried to follow Jaejin but Shinhye stopped her from doing so. “Let him go IU. Let the boys settle this. Don’t worry. Hongki and Yonghwa oppa’s there so Jaejin won’t be able to kill Jonghyun just yet.”

IU looked at the older girl and realized the logic behind those words. “I guess I’ll just get some water for Yoona unnie.” The younger girl said and went to the kitchen.

Jaejin saw his brothers and Yonghwa standing at the lawn of Yoona’s house. He pulled back Jonghyun who’s back was facing him and landed his fist on Jonghyun’s face. Jonghyun fell on the ground and Jaejin continued on was able to punched Jonghyun several times before his brother retaliated by kicking Jaejin on his stomach. Jaejin fell too but soon stood up but found his brother also on his feet. When they were about to attack each other again, Minhwan who just arrived with Suzy grabbed Jonghyun while Yonghwa grabbed Jaejin, trying to stop the two from killing each other. Jaejin and Jonghyun both tried to free themselves from their respective captors but Hongki stood between them and shouted, “Stop this stupidity! You’re both trying to kill the wrong person!”

“But he started it!” Jonghyun shouted.

“You’re wrong hyung, I punched the right person!” Jaejin shouted. “If hyung had just been true to himself, noona and him would be together and they would’ve been inseparable that day and that wouldn’t have happened to her. You should be hurting more hyung.” Jaejin shouted at his brother.

“Don’t you think I know that?” Jonghyun shouted back.

“It’s too late hyung! You can’t take back what happened to her anymore.” Jaejin then was able to free himself the Yonghwa’s hold and dodged Hongki. When he was about to punch Jonghyun again, Suzy suddenly appeared in front of Jonghyun and hugged Jaejin stopping him from hitting his brother. “Oppa please stop this!” Suzy pleaded. “I really don’t understand what’s happening but I think Jonghyun oppa realized his mistake. Please stop.” Suzy then hugged him tighter. Jaejin’s hand which was stopped mid-air slowly dropped to his side. He was now confused. He doesn’t know if he should be rejoicing now that Suzy’s hugging him but then he saw Jonghyun and anger began to build up again.

Hongki again went between his brothers and signalled Minhwan to let Jonghyun go which the latter obeyed. He then looked at Jonghyun, “Don’t worry, I’m not going to hit him.” Jonghyun assured Hongki.

“Oppa!” the boys heard IU called out. They saw her running towards them. Suzy immediately let go of Jaejin and blushed profusely. IU who was more concerned with her brother’s well-being decided to put that scene aside for now and said, “Why are you guys hurting each other? You’re brothers! Jaejin oppa, I’m very disappointed in you. He’s still our older brother, we should still respect him even if he doesn’t deserve it.” She told Jaejin. “And you oppa, while you two are wasting time fighting over nothing, unnie’s telling Seohyun unnie what happened that day.” She told Jonghyun who immediately ran inside the house and Yonghwa followed.

Jaejin who was planning to go in too was stopped by Hongki. “Oh no you don’t! You need to cool down first. I know she’s your bestfriend but you’re in no condition to listen. IU, bring your brother home.” Hongki ordered.

“But hyung I want to know too.” Jaejin insisted.

“And you will know about it, but not right now. And I can’t assure you that you’re Jonghyun hyung won’t kill you later. And if ever he would want to hit someone after knowing the details, you’re the most probable one he would hurt since you had hurt him just now. You can’t be in the same room just yet.” Hongki explained.

“Oppa’s right. We should go home now.” IU told Jaejin.

“Can I come with you guys?” Suzy shyly asked. Jaejin for the first time that night looked at her blushing face and began to blush too recalling the earlier incident.

“I would love that. You would be a big help in controlling oppa from doing something stupid again.” IU told her bestfriend

“Ahem! I guess I should go with you too.” Minhwan offered.

“And why is that Choi Minhwan?” Hongki adsked. Minhwan began to feel nervous and began to fidget.

“So that I can bring Suzy home later on.” Minhwan said nervously.

“Fine! But now monkey business.” Hongki told Minhwan full of meaning. The younger boy gulped and just nodded and he smiled. “Now that’s settled, you guys should go. I might be needed right now inside. An angry tiger might begin to resurface again.”

 

As soon as Jonghyun entered the house, stopped on his track when he saw the three girls crying and he heard Seohyun say, “I’m sorry unnie, I’m sorry. I should’ve been with you but I was busy with playing around with Yonghwa oppa.”

“It’s not your fault. I was just at the wrong place at the wrong time. It’s a good thing Shinhye heard me and was able to help me. Thank you for being a blackbelt.” Yoona said trying hard to smile.

Jonghyun then fell in love with her all over again because of her courage and kindness. She was the one hurt but she’s still the one comforting her friend.

Yonghwa who also was just behind him saw his crying girlfriend and rushed towards her. He then pulled her to a hug and Seohyun then cried silently in his chest.

Yoona then realized that Jonghyun was also in the room and was staring at her. He then began to walk towards the sofa that was facing her while keeping his eyes on her. They were like having a staring contest.

“Why are you really here Lee Jonghyun?” Yoona asked the boy.

Hongki then entered the house and Shinhye immediatedly ran to him and pulled him back out of the house. “What are you doing?” Hongki said loudly.

“Just come with me outside. We need to buy something to eat. I’m hungry.” Shinhye told him still pulling him.

“But...”

“No buts Lee Hongki.” And soon the two were out of the house.

Yonghwa caught on Shinhye’s action. He then cupped Seohyun’s face and kissed her lips lightly, “I think we should go home.” He told Seohyun.

“But oppa! I need to be with unnie right now. She needs me.” Seohyun said.

“It’s okay Hyunnie. I’ll be fine. You have exams tomorrow. Shinhye promised to accompany me as long as my parents are away. You should go. I’ll be fine.” Yoona assured her friend.

Seohyun looked at her and Yoona smiled at her. “Oppa! Please accompany her until Shinhye unnie comes back. Please promise me that.” Seohyun told Jonghyun.

“You have my word Seo Joohyun. I’ll take care of her.” Jonghyun said still looking at Yoona.

Seohyun then took her bag and hugged Yoona. “Call me anytime you need me.” Seohyun said.

“I will.” Yoona said.

Yonghwa too hugged Yoona. Then he went to Jonghyun, “Don’t do anything stupid now, okay?” and Jonghyun who was still staring at Yoona just nodded. Soon the couple was out of the house and only Jonghyun and Yoona were left.

Yoona finally looked at Jonghyun who was staring at her for the longest time. “I repeat, why are you really here? Were you that shocked when I told you that I’m not bothering you anymore? Did you suddenly felt lonely now that I stopped following you?” She waited for him to answer but he just kept on staring at her so she continued. “You’re very confusing today you know. It’s as if you care about me after all. Well do you? Did you finally realize that I’m also a human being?” Yoona saw Jonghyun bit hard but his eyes were still staring at her. She can’t seem to read what’s going on through his mind. “Well don’t worry, I’m okay now. And don’t worry, I’m keeping my word, I’ll never bother you anymore.” She then stood up and was about to leave for her room when she suddenly found herself in Jonghyun’s embrace.

“You’re lying.” He said softly. “You’re not okay. You’re still in a lot of pain or else you wouldn’t have fainted on me earlier.” She then felt his lips on her temple. “I’m sorry. I’m really sorry. If I wasn’t being stupid you wouldn’t have been in that kind of situation. This is my fault. Please forgive me.” Yoona then felt him hugged her more tightly as if trying to transfer her pain to him.

She would’ve been very happy if this embrace happened weeks before but it’s too late now. She pushed him and pulled herself away from him. She then looked at him and said. “It’s true, I’m not fine. Every night I have nightmares. I see his face in my dreams. I can feel his hands all over my body again. I feel his tongue my face, neck and . I have to convince myself that I’ll be fine everytime i need to step out of the house. I get scared at the slightest rustle of leaves when I walk on the lawn of our school. But I need to be strong. I need to get over this. I can’t let that ruin my life.” Yoona said with tears in her eyes. Jonghyun tried to hug her again but she pushed him away.

“Please don’t do this. Don’t confuse me. I don’t need you confusing me right now. You’re just pitying me for what had happened to me. Don’t worry, I’m stronger than I look.” Yoona said trying to smile at him but Jonghyun was persistent and still he hugged her.

“Believe me Yoona, pity is the last thing on my mind right now.” He then pulled back a little so he can look at her eyes. “I hate myself for being stupid, for not telling you what I really feel. I’m sorry I took advantage of your feelings for me. I’m sorry for not being there to save you from that guy like when we were kids. I’m sorry for hurting you when I act ignorant of you when in reality I was bursting with happiness everytime you tell me you love me. I was stupid and there’s no excuse but I’m really sorry. I love you Im Yoona. I’ve liked you eversince the first time I saved you and I’ve loved you eversince high school. Please give me one more chance to prove it to you.” Jonghyun said all the time while staring at her eyes so that she’ll know how sincere he is.

Yoona was shocked at Jonghyun’s sudden confession and became speechless. Jonghyun seeing her lost, slowly brought his lips to her and started to kiss her with all the pent-up emotions he had kept all those years.

Yoona stiffened when she saw Jonghyun’s about to kiss her. She began to get scared. She was starting to remember her attack when suddenly she felt his lips softly kissing her lips. It was so different from what her attacker did to her and soon that memory was forgotten and was replaced with Jonghyun’s kisses.

Jonghyun knew he was taking a big gamble when he kissed Yoona. When Yoona stiffened when he was about to kiss her, he almost chickened out. He knew she’s starting to remember the attack when he saw the fear in her eyes but it was too late, he can’t stop himself anymore so he made sure to kiss her as softly as he can muster for in reality he wants to ravish her as soon as their lips touched.

He was overjoyed when she began to close her eyes. He then put more force in their kiss. His tongue softly asked her lips to open up to him and when she let him, the kiss exploded.

Soon both of them were wildly kissing each other. Jonghyun led her to the sofa and made her lie down on it. His lips left hers and began kissing her eyes, nose and cheeks. He nibbled on her ears and when she moaned out of pleasure he smiled and went down, kissed and put marks on her neck. The two were too caught up in the kiss that Jonghyun forgot himself and his hand slowly went inside her shirt and began to fondle her .

Yoona felt his hand and tried to stop him. When he insisted on doing what he was doing Yoona began to panic. She then softly cried, “Please stop.”

Jonghyun realized what he was doing and immediately pulled his hand away. He saw tears in her eyes and suddenly felt so bad for her. He then pulled her to a hug and said, “I’m sorry. I am so sorry for losing control. I am really sorry.” Yoona who began remembering again what happened to her began to cry hard in Jonghyun’s chest.

“I was so scared. He was so strong. He pulled me and put a knife on my neck. He told me he’d kill me if I shout. He said he’s been watching me for months and then he can’t control himself anymore. He said he loves me, he said he wants me. He said I’ll enjoy it too, but I hated everything he did to me.” Yoona said crying. Jonghyun’s anger was at its limit. He’ll kill that man for sure for hurting Yoona. “It’s okay Yoona. He won’t hurt you anymore. No one will ever hurt you again. I’ll make sure of that.”

 

Hongki and Shinhye talked about what happened to Yoona all the time they were buying dinner. When they were on their way back Hongki said, “So how did you find her?”

“I just finished changing me clothes. You know how I hate wearing those kinds of dresses. As I was on my way back to the reception area I heard a muffled crying of a girl. I knew something was wrong. I followed the sound and saw Yoona on the ground crying with a knife on her neck and the man was about to pull down her . Yoona saw me but I signalled for her to stay quiet. I found a rock and hit the man’s head with it. The hit was pretty strong and the man fell unconscious. I found a rope and I tied the man down. As soon as I was done, Yoona stood up and began kicking the man as hard as she can. I was about to call you when she begged me not to. She said she doesn’t want the wedding to have bad memories so we silently took care of it.

I found Jangwoo oppa’s friend who was a police officer and asked him to help us. He was the one who took the man to the station. It was when Yoona was getting her bag so we can go to the station when she met Jonghyun and that’s when she told him she’s not gonna bother him anymore. She told me she felt so unworthy of him, she felt so dirty. She begged me not to tell you guys. She said she was too ashamed. But when she fainted today, we knew we can’t hide it anymore and that’s why she decided to come clean.

“You mean the man is now behind prison bars?” Hongki asked and Shinhye just nodded.

“That’s the only reason Yoona can go to school. Somehow she felt safe since the man’s in jail but still the trauma’s there.” Shinhye explained.

“No one deserves that.” Hongki said.

As soon as they were in Yoona’s driveway Hongki said, “I wonder how those two are doing right now.”

Shinhye then went out of the car and Hongki followed her carrying the food.

When Hongki and Shinhye entered the house noisily, they heard someone shush them. They saw Jonghyun sitting on the sofa, with Yoona head on his lap who was sleeping. The two silently walked towards them and soon the three friends were eating while Yoona was sleeping peacefully in Jonghyun’s lap.

 

Meanwhile IU just finished telling Jaejin, Suzy and Minhwan what she knows about the incident and at the same time they were just finishing their dinner. The clock then signalled that it was already 9 pm. Jaejin knew it was getting late and Suzy needs to go home.

“Minhwan can I talk to you for a second?” Jaejin asked while the girls cleared the table.

“I want to bring Suzy home, I want to spend some time with her and I want to talk to her.” Jaejin told MInhwan.

“Okay. No problem. It saves me the effort of bringing her home.” Minhwan said.

“But I have a request.” Jaejin said.

“Sure. Anything I can help you with.” Minhwan offered.

“I want you to stay with IU until I return. With all these news of and robbery, I don’t want to leave her alone in this house. The twins might come home very late.” Jaejin said and saw Minhwan smile widely.

“My pleasure hyung. I promise I’ll protect our IU.” He promised.

Jaejin then looked at him sternly. “You better behave. Don’t even dare to think to lay a finger on Jieun or else you’ll feel the wrath of all her brothers especially mine. I’m doing this because I trust you and don’t even try to break that trust.” Jaejin warned the younger man.

Minhwan gulped and nodded. He knew better than to anger these LEE boys.

 

 

A/N: About time to finish Yoona's tragedy. Do know that one wild kiss doesn't necessarily means that everything's forgotten and forgiven... More about the other couples on the next chapter. Please look forward to it. Thanks to all who subscribed and commented. Please subscribe if you like the story and Comment to inspire me to update faster. Thanks again. See you soon.