The Happily Ever After?

The LEE Family

Yoona’s getting worried by the minute. It’s the first time in six years since Jonghyun kept his distance from her for two freaking weeks. She’s scared that what she did two weeks ago ended her relationship with him. She then dialled one of her lifelines.

One ring…

Two rings…

Three rings…

“Noona, I know why you’re calling but you’re not involving me in this mess you’ve created. I’m not gonna say anything to you. So I’m sorry, but I’m not the person you should call.” Jaejin answered and after his dialogue without waiting for Yoona to reply, cut the call and ended it.

Yoona was fuming mad. How could her friend do that to her? And finally she called her final lifeline, she called the very pregnant Seo Joohyun.

“Hyunnie! Everyone hates me. Do you hate me too?” She said as soon as Seohyun answered the call.

“Unnie! I miss you. Can you come over. I was told by the doctor to stay at home. I have minor problems with the pregnancy and was told to rest for a week. I would be so happy if you can come here.” Seohyun informed her.

“I’ll be there in five.” Yoona hang up and immediately went to Yonghwa’s house.

 

Seohyun tried so hard to keep a straight face. Yoona was pacing back and forth and whining all that time. Seohyun knew what’s happening since Yonghwa told her everything but she knows she just have to let Yoona talk for her to let it all out.

“I was right rejecting him, right?” Yoona asked Seohyun and Seohyun nodded in agreement.

“Yes I was right. But I really regret being right. I should’ve just accepted it. It’s what I’ve been waiting for all this time. Ever since he kissed me the first time, I’ve been waiting for him to ask those words… Hyunnie, I should’ve said yes that night.” Yoona whined. Seohyun just laughed at her.

“Unnie, no girl deserves a proposal like that. What you did was right. You know your oppa, he’s not the type to just let you go because of that. Just give him time. I’m sure you’ll have what you want soon.” Seohyun said.

“I do hope your right.” Yoona then hugged her and Seohyun thought to herself, “Oh I know I am right. Just you wait unnie. Oppa is cooking up something.” She then smiled.

 

“We have a problem.” IU told her boyfriend.

“We do? You don’t love me anymore?” Minhwan asked suddenly worried.

IU looked at him incredulously. “Yah! What are you talking about?”

“You still love me?” Minhwan asked full of aegyo.

IU can’t help but laugh at him and said, “Of course I do. But we still have a problem.”

“Whatever it is, we can overcome it. I believe in us. I believe in our love.”

IU then gagged. “Please stop being cheesy. Yonghwa oppa’s effect on you is really yucky. It doesn’t suit you at all.”

Minhwan pouted obviously feeling hurt and IU knew it. She then immediately hugged him and kissed him in the cheeks, “But I still love you in spite of it all.”

Hearing this made Minhwan smile, he was so cute that IU can’t help but kiss him again but this time on the lips. Minhwan was about to kiss back but IU suddenly stepped back making Minhwan worried.

“What’s the problem?” He was finally serious.

IU was obviously very bothered. Minhwan finally saw how worried she was. He knew something is definitely wrong and he got more worried.

“Say it now.” Minhwan ordered IU.

“I think I’m pregnant.” IU said in a very low voice but Minhwan heard it clearly.

Silence reigned between the two. “But that was only one time and we didn’t even remembered what really happened that night.” Minhwan said.

“I know. That’s why I wasn’t even a bit worried. But I’m late. I’m never late.” She then looked at Minhwan who was also looking at her.

He then stood up, looked at the sky then again looked back at her but now full of determination. “Don’t worry. I love you. I will take responsibility. I’ll marry you. I’ll talk to your brothers today. I’ll tell them everything.”

When Minhwan mentioned the word “brothers” IU began to pale. She knew very well that Minhwan might not be able to come out alive of their house if that happens. Her brothers will definitely kill him.

“No. We’re not telling them anything without help.”

Just then IU took out her phone, dialled a number and said, “Unnie, I need your help. Can we talk?”

 

An hour later, IU and Minhwan found themselves in a practice studio. The door finally opened and in come Minkyung.

“Unnie!” IU hurriedly ran to her and hugged her.

“What’s wrong Jieun? Hi Minhwan.” She said hugging IU back.

“Unnie, I really messed up this time. I need your help. You have to help me save Minhwan. My oppas will kill him for sure.” IU then began to sob. Minhwan immediately stood up and hugged her. Minkyung just looked at the two and finally took a chair and invited the lovers to sit beside her.

“I take it that your monthly period hasn’t come yet?” Minkyung asked making the lovers looked at her as if she’s clairvoyant.

Minkyung knew she was right and suddenly laughed out loud.

“Unnie, it’s not even funny. My brothers will kill him and my baby won’t have a father.” IU began to cry again.

“Noona, I’m ready to face their wrath. I’m willing to accept whatever punishment they will give me. I’ll take full responsibility of IU.” Minhwan promised the older girl.

Minkyung heard the panic in their voices and decided to get them out of their misery once and for all.

“You’re not pregnant.” She told IU. IU looked at her like she was crazy.

“Don’t look at me like that. I’m not crazy. You’re not pregnant okay?” Minkyung again told IU.

“What made you say that noona?” Asked Minhwan.

“Because nothing happened between you two that night.” Minkyung told them confidently.

The two of them looked at her as if she just lost her mind. Minkyung just smiled at them and explained everything.

“You both were very wasted that night. We all had our drinks but you two had the most of it. Every girl walked out of their boyfriend’s room the next morning but I’m pretty sure it’s only Jonghyun and Yoona who did it that night. I remembered that night. I had the least alcohol intake. Jieun you were so wasted that you slept while we were still partying. I brought you to your room. We only rented five rooms then. One for the Yongseo couple, the twins will occupy one, Jaejin and Minhwan, me and Yoona and lastly you and Suzy.

“But that night, Jonghyun was the first one who dragged Yoona to his room. Suzy invited Jaejin for a coffee in your room. Hongki was also very wasted that night so I sent him to his room. Unfortunately he began to cry and I ended up staying in his room.

“I remembered Minhwan said that he’ll take you to my room. You were sleeping and he carried you on his back. The next morning, I went to my room and found you two sleeping in the bed together. Since Minhwan was so used to sleeping maybe that night he unconsciously took it all off but you young girl was fully clothed. I’m sorry, but I played a prank on you. I was the one who took off your clothes.” Minkyung said and bowed her head to IU.

IU and Minhwan looked at her in shock. They never thought that Minkyung would do such thing. “You mean, nothing happened to us? We were pranked?” IU asked raising her voice by each word.

“I’m really sorry. I was so bored that morning coz everyone was still asleep. I was alone and was so bored. You’re brother was snoring in his room. Yongseo and the DeerBurning couples were all locked up in their rooms. Jaejin and Suzy where nowhere to be found. I’m sorry.

“I was laughing so hard when I saw IU came out of my room looking flustered. And laughed even harder when I saw Minhwan came out with a silly smile on his face. I’m really sorry guys. I don’t know what came over me that day. But I made sure that nothing happened. I know that Minhwan’s life will be on the line.” Suddenly a realization came to Minkyung, she suddenly turned serious.

“By the way, after that night, did you guys do it for real? Because that will definitely be something else.” Minkyung asked the two.

“Unnie, I’m so mad at you right now. But I guess I deserve it. I shouldn’t have drank so much. But the answer to your question is no. We never did it. I told him that that night was a mistake and will only happen again when I’m married to him.” IU told Minkyung.

“Good girl.” Minkyung told IU.

“But I’m still delayed Unnie.” IU told her.

“There are a lot of factors that may lead to that. But you’re not pregnant.” Minkyung then looked at Minhwan who was obviously sulking.

“What’s wrong with you now? Is it that disappointing that you will live a longer life now that her brothers won’t have to kill you?” She asked the young man.

“It’s true I’m disappointed. I thought I will be able to marry her sooner than expected.” Then it hit Minhwan. He then kneeled in front of IU and said, “Lee Jieun, the love of my life, will you marry me?”

Minkyung and IU was dumbfounded. Minkyung began to smile but IU began to frown. “Yah! Choi Minhwan! Stop this foolishness. I’m still in school. Let me finish my studies and let me work for 3 years then ask me again after that.”

“But I want to marry you now. I’m pretty stable now. I’m earning money. I can pay for your needs. I can provide for us now.” Minhwan explained.

“I know you can but I still have my own dreams to fulfil. Let me do those things first before you ask me to tie myself to you. Okay?” IU said.

Minkyung then herself and left the lovers with their arguments.

 

The weather was perfect for a walk in the park and that is what Jaejin and Suzy were doing that time. Jaejin was already contented with what he and Suzy has and was calmly walking beside her while holding her hand.

Suzy on the other hand was a different story. She was getting bored with the walks and talks and seriousness of their relationship. She finally had it and stopped walking.

Jaejin looked at her confused. She was frowning at him which was very rare for her.

“Is something wrong?” He asked.

“No.” she said.

“Then why did you stop walking? Something is definitely bothering you” He told her.

“That is what’s wrong oppa. That something wrong is that nothing’s wrong at all.” She told him.

Jaejin was confused. “What? I don’t understand.”

“Oppa, aren’t you bored that our relationship is just smooth sailing always? It’s too serious. It’s too peaceful. It’s as if you’re not having fun with me. All we do is walk and talk and sometimes do some petting and that’s it. Aren’t you bored?” Suzy asked shocking Jaejin.

“I don’t know what made you think that I’m this very fragile girl that you need to be careful 24/7 as if I’ll break anytime. Oppa, I want more.” Suzy confessed.

Jaejin smiled at her. But it was a different smile. Not his usual sweet smile but his dangerous smile. A smile that made Suzy excited and at the same time scared.

“You really want more? I can really do more?” Jaejin asked.

Suzy nodded.

Jaejin suddenly kissed her passionately in the middle of the park. Some stopped to look at them and some said, “get a room.”

The kiss was very intimate but not that vulgar that would make them be sent to prison. Jaejin smiled when he felt that Suzy kissed him back with the same intensity. Jaejin then noticed that they were drawing a crowd. He suddenly stopped kissing her and dragged her away from the crowd. When they finally reached a place where they can have some privacy, Jaejin noticed that Suzy was being shy again.

“Oh no you don’t. You’re not backing out of what you just opened. I was so careful with you because I thought it was what you want. But now that after years of waiting for you to open up, I’m not letting you go back. I’m now going to do what I’ve wanted to do all those years. I’ve been holding up all these years but not anymore. I’ll do what I really want to do since you’ve given me the green lights.” Jaejin said and Suzy blushed.

“Why did you do that oppa?”

“Because I promised your parents that I will always respect you. I was being a gentleman all this time. There was a time I almost lost it but I’ve decided to wait for you and now that you have, don’t even dare to stop me.”

Jaejin then pulled her to him and began to kiss her again. If the kiss before was passionate, this kiss was flaming hot. For the first time in her life, Suzy felt this passionate side of Jaejin. It seems that he can’t get enough of her. Her lips weren’t enough. He began to kiss every part of her face, her ears and neck. His hands were all over. Suzy find it hard to breath. She felt she was melting. Suddenly her knees gave in and she was lucky that Jaejin caught her.

He knew what happened and was very satisfied with himself. Somehow he knew that she won’t be able to walk so he piggy backed her to his car.

They were both silent inside the car then suddenly all hell broke lose. It was a good thing that the car was heavily tinted. Their kiss was like a battle for supremacy. All their pent up emotions were all out. Jaejin began to feel Suzy’s body and Suzy did the same. He was about to take off her shirt when his phone suddenly rang. He decided to ignore it and just continue on what he’s doing but Suzy told him to answer it. He was so mad at the caller that he almost shouted at him.

“Who’s this?” He irritatingly asked while looking at a very tempting Suzy.

“Yah where are you? We need to practice. It’s D-day today” The other person on the other line said.

“Does it have to be today?” Jaejin asked while his free hand began to play with Suzy’s swollen lips. Suzy suddenly bit his finger and it making Jaejin more harder and more irritated with the caller.

“Hyung please, can we do it some other time? I really need to do something very important to me today.” Suzy’s hand began to caress his face. Traced his eyes, his nose, cheeks and finally his lips.

“It’s today. The preparations have all been set. You need to be here in 30 minutes.” Then the line went dead.

Jaejin threw his phone at the back of his car and began to attack Suzy again. They were at it again when Suzy finally stopped and said, “We need to go.”

“No we don’t.” Jaejin insisted and was about to kiss her again but she stopped him.

“Yes we do. We still have time. I can go to your house tonight and sleep there if you want.”

“Really? Is that a promise?”

“Yes it’s a promise.”

Jaejin then kissed her one last time and started the car and left the parking lot.

 

“Unnie! We need to go.”

“Wait. I need to look good. It’s the first time in three weeks that I’ll be able to see him. I need to look extra pretty, extra hot, extra irresistible.”

“Come on unnie. Don’t overdo it. He hates it more when you’re too much.”

Yoona then looked at herself and realized that Seohyun was right. Her get-up was too y for Sketchbook’s recording. She then decided to dress more casually and lessen her make-up.

Finally the two were on their way to the studio.

Seeing IU and Suzy in the recording of the show is no shocker for Yoona but seeing Minkyung attending the recording of the show is. Since Hongki and Minkyung were always so careful not to let the public know their relationship, it was a surprise for Yoona to see Minkyung there.

“How are you coping up with the gossips?” Yoona asked Minkyung obviously pertaining to the Instagram picture that Minkyung uploaded.

“It’s exciting actually. I’ve been wanting to go public since the beginning but he was so scared that he’d ruin my career. Now that we’re out in the open, it’s more satisfying. I’m happier now.”

“But you did lose a lot of fans. Some even hated you because they hate Hongki. How did your management took it?” Yoona asked.

“Minutes after I posted it online the President called me and Hongki to the office. He was so mad at us. He even threatened to fire us. He even told us to break up.” Minkyung told Yoona.

“What did you two say to the president?”

“Hongki apologized to the president. He told him that we were already in the relationship two years prior to their debut. The president was shocked. He didn’t know that we already knew each other before the debut. He told me that I need to do a retraction and that the company will just have to say that it was just a joke and that it was for promotions of the new single the FNC Band will have where I will now star the MV. I declined. I told him I’m not gonna lie anymore. I’m with Hongki, deal with it.”

“You were so brave. I know the negative issues of Hongki are uncalled for. But he really loves you. Imagine hiding your relationship for three years? That was really something.” Yoona said and the two girls laughed at each other.

Just then Seohyun called the two girls and they joined Seohyun in her seat. Yoona noticed that Yonghwa was hovering beside his wife. “You’re not supposed to be here honey. You’re supposed to rest at home.” Yonghwa said smiling but they all knew that he is fuming mad.

Seohyun then kissed her husband in front of everyone which made everyone in the studio cheer for them. “I went to the doctor before I went here. He said I’m all cleared. So shut up and just have fun playing with the boys.”

Upon hearing this, Yonghwa smiled his signature toothy smile. Seohyun heard some of the fans awws and ahhs. Just then Yoona noticed that Hongki’s nervously walking towards them. She then looked at Minkyung who was smiling encouragingly at him. The fans of course noticed it too. The studio become very quiet. Hongki took a deep breath he hurriedly went to girls, pulled Minkyung to stand and said, “Everyone, this is my girlfriend. We’ve been together for three years now. I’m sorry for hiding it from you, but please support us from now on.” Then they both bowed to everyone.

Still silence. Then a girl stood up and Yoona knew that she’s the President of the fans club of FNC Band. “Oppa, we will forgive you in one condition.”

Hongki and Minkyung then looked at the girl. “What is the condition?” He asked.

“We need to see first if she really loves you. She needs to prove to us that she really loves you.” The fan said. Hongki was about to say that it’s none of their business but Minkyung suddenly pulled him and kissed him in front of everyone. Even Hongki was shocked but soon he smiled and returned the kiss and everyone went wild.

After a few seconds, Minkyung looked at everyone and said, “I’m sorry we kept it from you but rest assured I love him as much as he loves me, maybe even more.”

“I don’t think that’s true.” Hongki began to whine but Jaejin already pulled him to the stage since the show is about to start. Just then Hongki turn to Minkyung and shouted, “Saranghae Kang Mikyung! Saranghae everyone. Thank you.” He again bowed and everyone clapped their hands.

Yoona was very jealous of everything. All the while she was looking at Jonghyun who kept on tuning his guitar. He didn’t even glance at her. She almost went up the stage but Seohyun prevented her from doing so. Just then, the lights were turned off and the host went to the stage.

“Tonight we have a very special guest. Their one of the most popular band of Korea. They just debuted last year but they have proved themselves to be very talented and very charismatic. Please welcome, FNC Band.”

The boys then began to play a medley of their hit songs. Everyone was singing with them, everyone was having fun except for Yoona. Even Jonghyun then lost himself in his music and was having fun. Yoona felt neglected. She can’t just walk out for the fans will definitely notice it and it’s bad publicity. So she being the actress that she is pretended to enjoy the show but in reality she really wants to cry.

After the performance, the boys sat beside the Mr Yoo, the host. The boys began to introduce themselves and the host then said, “Your band is definitely something else. Where do you get the inspiration to create your songs and music?”

Yonghwa immediately answered. “From our loved ones. Right now I’m very inspired to write songs since I’m going to be a father in three months.” Everyone cheered for him and he bowed to them in gratitude. “Congratulations Yonghwa-ssi.” Mr Yoo said and then turned to Hongki. “Hongki-ssi you were just in a big scandal lately. How are you now?”

Hongki smiled widely and the camera focused on Minkyung who was also smiling. “I’m very fine. It’s true that it was very chaotic a few weeks back but right now it’s settling. FNC Band’s fans are really something else. They’ve been there through thick and thin and we know that they are not here because all of us are good looking but they are here because they love our music.” He again bowed to the fans and they all cheered for him.

“It seems that most of you guys are in a relationship. Are the two also in a relationship?” The host asked Jaejin and Minhwan but before they answer, the fans shouted, “Yes they are.” Which shocked Mr Yoo. “They are?” He asked the fans and they all said, “Yes.”

“You guys knew about it?” He again asked the fans.

“Yes.” And someone at the back even shouted, “They had their girlfriends even before they debut.”

“Really?” The host was really shocked with the revelations and soon the camera panned on the girls who were all accounted for in the audience.

“But you twins are really something else. Both of you have celebrity girlfriends.”

Yoona waited anxiously how Jonghyun would react but he just smiled and it was Hongki answered yes. Her eyes are now welling up with tears. Just then Jonghyun was asked, “Jonghyun-ssi, is it true that you recently experienced something lately.”

Yoona then focused her attention to him. He then said, “Yes. On the night Hongki’s scandal broke, I was rejected by my girlfriend.” The camera then focused on Yoona who was shocked that Jonghyun would tell that on air. The fans began to be restless and some even said, “nooooooo.” Yoona didn’t noticed but the lights suddenly focused on Jonghyun. But then Jonghyun continued on.

“Don’t blame her please for it was all my fault. You see I just blurted out nowhere my proposal. I don’t think any girl would want a proposal like that.” Then some of the fans said, “I won’t care if you will propose to me like that.”

Yoona immediately searched for the fan who said that but Jonghyun continued his tale. “So for the past weeks I’ve been racking my brains out on how to propose to her again. But then it hit me. I will do it the right way now.

The lights suddenly went out. Spotlights on Jonghyun and Yoona. Jonghyun began to sing.

The overflowing feeling when I happened to meet you
That I can’t quite convey to you, Listen to my heart

Your shining eyes ever looking toward the future
Will be the light illuminating the road
To be together with you, going on forevermore

In this world (I have found), there is only you 
You are the only one I want (I want you) you are my life

“Irreplaceable”, the meaning of that word (For the first time I understand) 
It was you who taught it to me, I love your smile

So that I’ll be able to answer (more than anything else) 
My love is strong enough to never lose

Be together with me (right now) 
Is this what they call fate?

Whenever (for all time) I’ll continue to protect
Everything you are (with these hands) 
So right here (I’ll make this oath) You are my life

I want to see the seasons change 
together with you

Everything that you are, is all that I am.
Without you, I wouldn’t be able to live

I won’t let you go (Don’t let me go) in truth 
It’s you (forever) 
So our hearts (can become one)

You are my life
You are my life

(credits to: Translated by Makurokosuke Edited by yuyume)

Yoona finally really smiled that evening. She was about to go upstage but the lights began to burst out almost blinding her.

Hongki then began to sing:

We don't have to part every day,
We don't have to worry about cab fare.
We don't have to watch out for our parents even when we drink late at night.
Let's meet and talk about our love story that heated up the phone every night.
Let's stop dating.


Marry me, my baby. Marry me, my lady.
Because you are the only one for me. Because you are my everything.
Marry me, my baby. Marry me, my lady.
Because you are the only one for me. Because you are my love.

 

Suddenly everyone in the audience began to give her a red rose one by one. Yoona can’t help but laugh and smile and say thank you to each one who’s giving her roses.


I don't have to say good bye
I don't have to worry about you sleeping
I don't have to eat latenight meal all by myself.
I'll do all the hard things for you
I'll do everything you want for you
Marry me, my baby. Marry me, my lady.
Because you are the only one for me. Because you are my everything.
Marry me, my baby. Marry me, my lady.
Because you are the only one for me. Because you are my love.
Marry me.

 

Jonghyun then went down the stage and went to her. He pulled her to stand and pulled her up the stage. They just stood there facing each other while everyone went wild.


Marry marry marry me
Marry marry marry me
Marry marry marry me
oh oh oh oh
Come to me baby Come to me lady
Because all I need is you. Because all I need is you with me.
Marry me, my baby. Marry me, my lady.
Because you are the only one for me. Because you are my everything.
Marry me, my baby. Marry me, my lady.
Because you are the only one for me. Because you are my love.
Marry me.

Credits: JpopAsia

As the song ended, Jonghyun went down on one knee. Pulled out the magical box and said, “Will you please marry me now?”

Yoona threw herself at him and finally nods her head and everyone was cheering for them.

 

“The proposal was a success.” Jangwoo softly told Eunjung who was putting their baby Minho to sleep.

“I knew it would be.” Eunjung said smiling at him. “He was panicking a few weeks back. I had a hard time keeping him from her.”

“I know what you mean. There was even a time when I locked him in his room because he wanted to go to Yoona so badly. He almost destroyed the door. It was a good thing Hongki was here and was able to pacify him.” Jangwoo said.

“I know right. They were in hell and now they’re definitely in heaven.” Jangwoo then kissed his wife.

“Thank you for everything buin. You’ve helped my siblings in everyway possible. Thank you. I love you.”

“It’s nothing. I did it because I love them too. But I’m still bad. Sometimes I keep on anticipating that Hongki will break my dongsaeng’s heart but he always prove me wrong. I guess he really does love her.” Eunjung confessed.

“Don’t doubt him again. You know that she’s her real first love.” Jangwoo said and Eunjung nodded.

“Jaejin’s different these days.” Eunjung suddenly blurted out.

“What do you mean?” Jangwoo asked.

“He looks more mischievous lately. More naughty. He looks like he’s up to something.” Eunjung observed.

“I know right. It’s been so long since I’ve seen him like that. It’s as if the naughty Jaejin, Hongki’s real brother is back from the grave.” Jangwoo said making Eunjung puzzled

Eunjung then realized that the baby is sleeping now. She slowly laid him to his bed and pulled Jangwoo out of the room. “Yeobo, I need to tell you something but promise me first that you won’t get mad since nothing bad really happened.”

Jangwoo suddenly felt scared. He only nods and Eunjung began.

“Well, Minkyung told me something she did to Jieun…”

And so the story goes… 

 

A/N: And so it ends... Thank you all for the support and love you've shown in this story. Though it's will be marked complete, I will still update sidestories about our couples.

Thank you again. I hope you will support my coming stories. I would like to apologize for not updating Cupids. I'm really busy lately and honestly I'm not inspired to write a continuation. Hopefully I will be able to finish it too...

I will also change the banner of this story soon. A more appropriate one...

Again, thank you all. See you soon...