Reception and Realizations

The LEE Family

 

The wedding reception was a blast with big thanks to the FnC Band. If the garden wasn’t filled with chairs, tables, caterers and a big wedding cake, one would think they were in a concert. The five boys left first for the reception area and as soon as the guests arrived they began singing songs until the bride and groom arrived.

The boys left the stage as soon as they were told that the couple has arrived. They took their places by the entrance with the bridesmaids and threw confetti as soon as Jangwoo and Eunjung entered the place. Hongki and Yonghwa were the emcees since they were the most talkative guys in their group. Soon it was time for the toasts. Eunjung’s father stood up and gave his blessings and advices to the couple.

Hongki then took the mic and began his bestman’s toast. “I remembered something hyung did ten years ago.” Jangwoo looked at Hongki and Jonghyun said, “You’re in big trouble hyung.” Jangwoo’s realization brought laughter to the audience because he suddenly blushed and said, “Don’t you even dare Lee Hongki.” But Hongki just smiled and continued. “Ten years ago, Jonghyun, Shinhye and I joined a Tae Kwon Do tournament. Jonghyun got the gold while Shinhye and I settled with the silver. Our whole family went there to watch.  After the tournament our families decided to have a victory party. While we were eating hyung joined the three of us. He began asking about the girl who got the gold. Shinhye gave him all the info he needed since she and the girl were schoolmates. Hyung had this dreamy look and finally asked Shinhye to help him with the girl. For three years hyung stalked this girl. He knew everything about her. What’s her fave color, food, restaurant, brand, everything. When he finally had the guts to introduce himself to her, tragedy came to our family and he forgot about his first love.”

“Why are you telling us this Hongki?” Someone asked from the audience.

Hongki then looked at Eunjung who was really curious and Jangwoo who was shooting him glares. “I know that you guys don’t hide anything from each other. You know each other’s secrets but this is the only secret that you don’t know noona. I’m right am I?” Eunjung nodded. “This is my gift to you noona. At least now, I can finally say that there are no secrets between you two.”

“Yah Lee Hongki tell us at least the name of the girl.” Yonghwa shouted.

“I’m sorry hyung. That I cannot do. That girl might be here and she might freak out if she knew that someone stalked her for three years. So to the newly wed, no more secrets. Have a wonderful life together.” He raised his glass, everyone joined him but most of them were disappointed with the cliffhanger.

Jangwoo kissed Eunjung and she whispered “You have a lot of explaining to do yeobo.”

“I promise I’ll tell you everything on our honeymoon.” Jangwoo said.

After doing all the wedding traditions, the FnC band went back on the stage and did two more songs. IU and Suzy did a duet after.

When everyone was mingling with everyone, Yoona who was with Jaejin saw Shinhye talking with the twins. She saw Jonghyun smiled at what Shinhye told them. “Jaejin, why is it that he smiles with everyone except with me?” She asked Jaejin.

“Because you fainted when he smiled at you before. Let’s just say that it was quite traumatic for him so he decided to be careful when he’s with you.”

“But his smile wasn’t the reason why I fainted. I had cramps that day. It just so happened that when he smiled at me, I was at my limit with my pain and fainted.” Yoona said.

“But he smiles at you noona.” Jaejin said.

“Yes but not like that.” Yoona said still looking at the three. “Why is it that she’s so close to him?” Yoona asked.

“You’re jealous with Shinhye noona?” Jaejin asked. “You know they’re just bestfriends right?”

“I know that but I can’t help it. He’s very comfortable with her.” Yoona said.

“But that’s because they were friends since they were babies. Our moms are bestfriends. Since noona’s the only child, her mom would always bring her to our house and she’d play with them.  She was already there when I said my very first word. Maybe that’s also the reason she became boyish with her actions and style. But don’t worry, she’s closer with Hongki hyung than with Jonghyun hyung.”

Shinhye and the twins on the other hand were observing Yonghwa and Seohyun who was dancing on the dance floor.

“Yah Shinshin stop drooling. He’s already taken. Time to move on girl.” Hongki told his bestfriend and Jonghyun just nodded.

“Stupid Lee Hongki, what are you talking about?” Shinhye said.

“You’re still crushing on a guy with a girlfriend.” Jonghyun answered for Hongki.

“I’m not. I’m just admiring them. Just one look and you’d know they’re very much in love with each other. They look beautiful.” Shinhye said with a tinge of sadness in her voice. The twins just looked at each other knowingly.

“Shall we dance?” Hongki offered his hand.

“You? You’ll dance with me? You don’t even know how to dance.” Shinhye said while laughing at Hongki.

“Would you rather dance with Jonghyun who is a worst dancer than me?” Hongki asked.

“Don’t worry, I’m not even going to ask.” Jonghyun said.

“Fine, let’s dance chinggu.” She said and took his hand. She then turned to Jonghyun and asked, “Will you be fine?”

“Of course I’ll be fine. For sure as soon as you guys leave me, the girl will come running and pester me to dance with her.” Jonghyun said.

Hongki and Shinhye laughed. “Brother, if I were you, I’d release her from her miseries and date her. I know for a fact that you like her too.” Hongki said.

“I know she likes me but does she really like me me and not the guitar prodigy of FnC? Besides, it’s fun having her ran after me.” Jonghyun said and showed his two dimples.

“You’re so mean Lee Jonghyun.” Shinhye said and finally they left him. Soon enough they saw Yoona pestering Jonghyun again.

Yonghwa and Seohyun who was dancing saw Yoona go to Jonghyun. “She’s at it again.” Seohyun said.

“What’s with Jonghyun that made Yoona like him so much?” Yonghwa asked.

“Because when she was five years old, oppa saved her from kids bullying her.” Seohyun answered.

“Yoona was bullied when you were kids?”

“Yoona was bullied by other kids because they were jealous. She was the prettiest girl in the neighbourhood and some kids just hated her for that fact. One day when she was playing with me on the playground the kids came and started to pick up on her. I tried to help her but I was younger than her so she tried to protect me instead. The kids began throwing mud at her beautiful dress. Then suddenly Jonghyun oppa came and fought all the kids that were bullying her.”

“Where you friends with Jonghyun then?”

“No. It was just a coincidence that on that day, their mom was playing with Hongki oppa. She dressed him up with the girl’s clothes that were exactly the same as unnie’s. Oppa was so embarrassed that he ran and hid himself. Jonghyun oppa looked for him and that was when he saw us being bullied. Since unnie and Hongki oppa were wearing the same dress, he thought unnie was his brother so he fought the other kids. But they were too many for him to handle. Jaejin saw his hyung fighting so he ran back to their house and called Hongki oppa who had changed back to his own clothes. He and Shinhye unnie came and just witnessed Jonghyun oppa fainting. Hongki oppa got so mad and fought all the kids. Shinhye unnie too helped. Soon all kids were lying down on the ground. Hongki oppa carried his brother back to their house but Shinhye unnie stayed with us. She saw unnie’s clothes and said, “That’s a pretty dress you’re wearing. It looked good on Hongki too.” The she left.

“Soon school started and unnie realized that the twins and Shinhye unnie were her classmates. Since then she paid attention to everything that oppa does and when they were in high school and you guys started your band, she confessed. He rejected her but she kept on following him up to this day.”

“So it’s just a crush.” Yonghwa said.

“No. It’s love. She realized she fell in love with oppa when they were in first year college. He’s a good guy though he acts cold. I think he likes her too but not as much as unnie’s.”

“He does like her. But don’t tell her that.” Yonghwa said and the couple smiled at each other and continued dancing.

On the other end of the garden Minhwan kept on pestering Jaejin. “Hyung, please help me with your sister.”

“And why would I do that? She’s my precious sister Minhwan. Though you’re a great guy, she’s still my sister.” Jaejin told the younger boy.

“Hyung you will help me because I’m the only one who can help you with Suzy.” Minhwan said.

“Don’t you remember that IU is Suzy’s bestfriend and I’m her favourite brother? My sister will just help me.”

“I don’t think so hyung.” Minhwan shook his head.

“And why is that?”

“Because hyung, your sister is very possessive. She’s not the type that will share her favourite brother even with her bestfriend. Remember when Jangwoo hyung introduced noona to you guys. She objected at first. It took her a year to accept Eunjung noona. You don’t want to cause a rift on their friendship now do you?” Minhwan said smiling mischievously.

“Yah Choi Minhwan, you really think IU won’t help me?”

“Yes hyung. I’m the only one who can.”

“Fine I’ll help you with IU but you have to promise me that you won’t hurt my sister or all of us will come after you. You don’t want Jonghyun hyung mad do you.”

Minhwan shivered at the thought and just nodded.

IU and Suzy who were drinking punch were also talking about the two boys who were talking about them. “IU do you still think I’m ugly?” Suzy asked her friend.

“You were never ugly Suzy. Even with your thick glasses and braces, you were still the most beautiful person I know.” IU reassured her friend.

It several years back when Suzy was the ugly duckling of their class. Then her family had to move to America and two years after they went back and Suzy had a big transformation. She lost the braces and she’s now wearing contacts. She became the prettiest girl in school. She and IU remained friends even if they were apart. They sent letters and pictures and both were very happy when Suzy told her that she’s coming back.

On the years that Suzy was away, it was then that IU and Minhwan became best friends. When Suzy came back the three of them became bestfriends. IU knows that Minhwan likes her but she’s grateful that he’s not pressuring her to become his girlfriend. He said it’s okay since he’s the closest boy to her that’s not her brother.

Suzy has ever since liked Jaejin and only Minhwan and IU knows about this. She made them swore to secrecy and made them promise not to tell Jaejin before she can finally have the guts to do so herself. IU knows her brother likes Suzy too but she decided to let her brother express himself to Suzy himself or Suzy to confess, whichever comes first.

Soon the reception came to an end. The couple had changed their clothes and was about ready to leave the party. Jonghyun, Hongki and Jaejin were helping Jangwoo prepare for his trip. “Hyung where will you live after the honeymoon?” Hongki asked.

“In our house stupid. I designed the house so all of us will have enough private space of our own. Eunjung agreed to it since she knew you guys won’t be able to take care of yourselves since you guys are now very busy with your band. IU too would need a woman in her life. So it’s for the best that we stay in our home. Do you have any problems with that?” Jangwoo asked his brothers.

“No problem at all.” Hongki said.

“Fine by me.” Jonghyun said.

“Yehey noona will stay with us.” Jaejin said.

“Well that’s good to hear. We will be back in a week. You guys take care of the house and IU. I asked Shinhye to come by our house to check up on you guys. Jonghyun, since you’re the eldest, you take charge. Hongki, I expect you to behave, don’t cause any problems while I’m away. Jaejin you have exams this week so do your best. All of you take care of IU. Don’t let Minhwan hog around her all day. Okay?” he asked his brothers.

“Hyung just go. You’ll be late. Noona waiting for you downstairs.” Jonghyun said.

Soon the couple were bidding their goodbyes and got on the car and left the party. Hongki and Shinhye were busy having their “who’s the cutest guest today?” talk. Yonghwa and Seohyun were somewhere doing what couples do best. Minhwan was behind the drumset and IU was singing while playing the guitar. Jonghyun was alone watching everyone do their own thing. Then something caught his eyes. He saw Yoona and something was wrong. He dress was dirty and her hair was a mess. He ran up to her and as he came nearer, he saw tears in her eyes.

She saw him coming. She doesn’t want him to see her like this so she turned away from him and hurried on her steps. She heard him calling out to her but she ignored him. Soon she heard him running after her and she started to ran but he was fast. Soon she felt his hand on her arms and pulled her to stop.

“What’s wrong Yoona?” He asked. She saw how worried he was but she doesn’t want that.

“Nothing’s wrong Jonghyun. Can you please just let me go?” She said as tears fall from her eyes.

“Nothing’s wrong? Then why are you crying?” He said.

“Please don’t be like this.” She begged.

“Like what?” He asked.

“Acting like you care at all. Please don’t get my hopes up. I’m too vulnerable now. I might actually think you like me too. I’m sorry for all the inconvenience I’ve caused you. Don’t worry, I won’t bother you from now on. It’s nice hanging out with you Lee Jonghyun-ssi.” With that Yoona bowed to him and ran away from him. He wanted to run after her but what she told him made him rooted on the ground.

Hongki who was all this time observing them realized something was wrong when he saw his brother fell on his knees after Yoona left him. He ran to his brother and as soon as he reached his side he heard him say, “Why Hongki? Was I too mean? I don’t want her to not bother me at all. What made her give up Hongki? What?” Then Jonghyun’s tears began to fall.

 

*********************************************

A/N: I might update regularly from now on. I've realized that I'll just alternate on updating my two stories. I don't know if people are really reading this story since only a few had commented. Please do comment about the story. It inspires me to write more. Please subscribe if you're liking this story. Thank you everyone who subscribed and commented. You're my inspiration.

Next chapter more revelations on Hongki's story but Jonghyun and Yoona will be the main characters.