Babies and a Keeper

The LEE Family

“Minkyung-a, meet my friends, Wonbin and Shinhye.”

Minkyung was somehow alarmed with Hongki’s sudden informal tone. Just minutes ago he calls her Minkyung-ssi and suddenly he calls her Minkyung-a just like her Eunjung unnie. Shen then realized that somehow he’s on a state of panic so she decided to help out the poor boy. She held out her hands and and said, “Nice to meet you. I’m Kang Minkyung, Eunjung unnie’s dongsaeng.”

“I know you.” Shinhye and Wonbin said at the same time. Hongki got confused and looked at Shinhye and Wonbin. Minkyung then smiled at the two and said, “I think I know you two too.”

Hongki got more confused. How the heck did these three knew each other? He then said, “You guys know each other?”

Minkyung then smiled at him and much to his surprise she wrapped her arms around his as if they are close friends. “You see, Wonbin-ssi and I are from the same management though they are under a different umbrella but still same company.” Wonbin then smiled at Minkyung. Minkyung then turned to Shinhye. “And as for Shinhye, we were classmates in high school.”

Hongki finally understood. “Oh I remember noona said you were her dongsaeng in school and that we are the same age. So you and Shinhye were classmates. Funny how things work out. It really is just a small world.” He then laughed and Minkyung and Wonbin joined him.

Shinhye was a different matter. She knew she’s jealous of Minkyung and she’s trying her best not to be but she can’t help it. Minkyung is very pretty and Hongki seems to be close to her. She then closed her eyes and silently counted to ten. When she opened her eyes, she smiled and held Wonbin’s arm more tightly which made him look at her with confused eyes. She ignored him and just continued to act normal.

“So what are you guys doing here?” Hongki asked Wonbin and Shinhye.

“Yoona texted me about unnie and since me and Wonbin were out on a date, we decided to drop by.” Shinhye explained.

“What did we just witness? Why were you serenading her in the middle of the park?” Wonbin asked Hongki.

“Unnie told me that Hongkiya has a wonderful voice and he was just showing me if it’s really wonderful.” Minkyung answered instead.

“And what do you think? Is unnie telling the truth?” Asked Shinhye.

“Wonderful is an understatement. Magical is more appropriate.” Minkyung said while smiling sweetly at Hongki who was blushing really hard. Shinhye wanted to cry.

“Yah, don’t be too sweet, I might disobey noona’s orders.” Hongki teased Minkyung and she laughed in return.

Shinhye was getting more interested with what’s going on with the two. “What’s unnie’s order?”

Hongki and Minkyung again laughed as if sharing a private joke much to Shinhye’s dismay. Hongki then looked at Shinhye and said, “She told me that Minkyung is off-limits.”

“Unnie told me that I should be extra careful with Hongkiya.” Minkyung added.

“Well, you should be. He’s quite a lady’s man.” Wonbin said obviously enjoying the atmosphere.

Just then Hongki’s phone rang. Hongki excused himself then suddenly everyone heard him say, “Yes, we’re coming. Take care of her.” Then he hung up.

“Is unnie alright?” Minkyung asked.

“We need to go back. Hyung said that in a matter of minutes the baby will arrive. Let’s go?” He asked everyone and everyone nodded.

Hongki and Minkyung walked ahead of Wonbin and Shinhye. Wonbin has no idea about Shinhye’s discomfort. Shinhye wanted to go home. It bothers her to see Hongki happy with another girl.

Since Hongki and Minkyung were a bit far from the couple, Hongki whispered, “Sorry.”

“For what?” Minkyung asked.

“For my sudden informality.” Minkyung smiled at him. “No problem. We are of same age so it’s okay. Don’t worry. I understand why you did that.”

“Thank you.” Hongki then said.

“For what? Minkyung again asked.

“For helping me earlier.” Minkyung again wrapped her arms around Hongki’s. “Again no problem. I’m happy to help.” She then looked at their arms and then at Hongki’s eyes. “Too much?” She asked.

“Nope. Somehow, I’m very comfortable with you.” Hongki said.

“You know what? Me too!” Minkyung said.

Shinhye saw everything. She saw how the two smiles at each other. How it looks normal for Minkyung to put her hands in Hongki’s arms. How the two seems very comfortable with each other. Just then Wonbin said, “You know they look good together.”

Shinhye gulped and said, “I know.”

 

At the hospital Jonghyun and Yoona were already waiting for Hongki and Minkyung. Jonghyun was quite shock when he saw Minkyung walking with her hands in Hongki’s arms and behind them walked Wonbin and Shinhye. The twins then looked at each other. As if there was a silent communication. Jonghyun tilted his head to the left and Hongki just shrugged. Jonghyun then said, “Yah Hongkiya, be careful noona, might kill you.”

Much more to his surprise, both Hongki and Minkyung laughed making him more confused. “You two are so dead later.” He warned them and again the two laughed.

Yoona then went to Shinhye and hugged her. Wonbin went ahead and joined Jonghyun, Hongki and Minkyung.

“Are those two together?” Shinhye asked Yoona.

“I don’t think so. They just met two hours ago here at the hospital. I might say, Hongki haven’t lost his touch with girls.” Yoona then said while looking at Hongki and Minkyung.

“You mean they just met?” Shinhye asked and Yoona nodded. “But they seem very close.”

“I know what you mean. Even Jonghyun was shocked. We just left them an hour ago and now they are this close. Maybe they’re just kindred spirits since both of them are orphans.” Yoona said.

Just then Jangwoo appeared holding out two babies.

“You got twins?” Jonghyun and Hongki said at the same time. Just then Jangwoo was surrounded by everyone.

The twins were both girls and since they were just newborn, soon Jangwoo brought them back into the nursery. Everyone was very excited and then Jangwoo again came back to them.

“How’s unnie?” Minkyung asked.

“She’s fine. She’s just perfect. I think you guys should go home for now. She’s resting right now. It would be best if you just come back tomorrow.” Jangwoo told them.

Everyone agreed and soon everyone was on their way home.

 

“So what’s up with Hongki and Minkyung?” Yoona asked Jonghyun as he accompany her to her house.

“Beats me. I was with you the whole time. I too am shocked with their development.” Jonghyun said.

“I think Shinhye’s jealous.” Yoona said.

“I think so too.” Jonghyun agreed.

“What do you think? Romantic or just friends? Hongki and Minkyung.” Yoona kept questioning.

“Too soon to say. But you’ve got to admit, they look good together.” Jonghyun said.

“I agree.”

 

“Why so silent honey.” Wonbin asked Shinhye.

Shinhye then smiled at Wonbin. “You know I never lie to you right?”

“Yes.”

“I was jealous.”

“Of Hongki and Minkyung?”

“Yes.”

“Ouch. Should I be worried?”

“No.”

“Why?”

“’Coz I chose you.”

Wonbin knew she’s right. He was thankful that she’s honest and at the same time he’s sad she’s too honest. He knew everything about Hongki and Shinhye for Shinhye told him everything. But he loves her too much to let her go and he’s happy he still chose him instead of Hongki and he promised himself to do his best so that she’ll continue to choose him.

“I love you Shinhye.” Wonbin said.

Shinhye then kissed him and said, “I love you too.”

 

When Hongki and Minkyung reached the Lee’s residence, Hongki showed Minkyung where her the guest room is. He then went straight to his room to get a clean set of sleeping wear. As soon as he was clean, he went to IU’s room and seeing his sister is still awake, he went inside.

“Still awake?” He asked.

“Yup. Tons of assignments. How’s the baby?” IU asked.

“Babies.” Hongki corrected.

“Twins?”

“Yes.”

“Girls.”

“I’m afraid so.”

IU then shrieked on top of her lungs and Hongki had to gag her to stop. “Stop it, it’s late. You will wake up the neighbors.”

“I don’t care oppa. I’m an aunt to twin girls and that makes me happy.” She then ran out of her room and went to Jaejin’s room.

She went inside without even knocking. Jaejin was already asleep but she didn’t care. She jumped on Jaejin’s bed waking him up.

“Yah stopped jumping. I’m sleeping here.” Jaejin sleepily told his sister.

“Oppa, unnie had twins.” IU said and then she counted and before reaching five Jaejin sat up straight.

“Twins? I’m an uncle to twins?” Jaejin said obviously sleep left him. IU nodded and then Jaejin too jumped up and down on the bed.

Then IU stopped and she stopped Jaejin. “But here’s the best part, they’re both girls.”

The smile on Jaejin’s face was lost. “WHAT?”

IU got confused. “What’s wrong with girls oppa?”

“What’s wrong?” Jaejin said. Just then Hongki and Jonghyun both came inside the room.

“What’s wrong is, having girls are a pain.” Hongki said. IU frowned.

“You mean I’m a pain?” IU asked her brothers.

“In a manner of speaking, yes.” Jonghyun said.

“And may I ask why?” IU’s voice was getting louder by the second.

“Because having one girl in the family has already given us a hard time to ward off suitors, your suitors. How much more when those two girls grow-up?” Jaejin said.

“Especially when they take after me.” Hongki added and Jonghyun hit his head.

IU was fuming mad. “Aish!” She cried out. “I hate all of you.” She then stormed out of her room.

IU then found Minkyung on the kitchen. Minkyung realized that IU’s on a bad mood.

“What’s wrong?” She asked the younger girl.

“What’s wrong? What’s wrong is that I have stupid brothers. Big stupid, handsome brothers.” IU said angrily.

“What did they do to you?” Minkyung asked.

“They said, having girls in the family are a pain.” IU said.

“What? Why?” Minkyung again asked.

“Because they said having more girls mean more suitors to ward off. I mean unnie, before the girls have suitors it would take at least 12 or 14 years before it happens. This is the reason why I hate being the only girl in this family.” IU exclaimed.

Minkyung then smiled at the younger girl. “You know IU I would trade places with you in an instant.”

“You don’t know what you’re talking about unnie.”

“Yes I do. It’s better to grow up with idiot brothers than growing up alone. I too lost my parents at a very young age and they were all I have. I’m an only child. After they died I was sent to the dorms to live by my relatives. No one wanted me. That’s when unnie came. She became my only family. Her family treated me like their own and I’m very thankful for that.”

IU realized her mistake and suddenly hugged Minkyung. “Unnie I’m sorry. I didn’t know.” Minkyung hugged her back.

“It’s okay. So you should be thankful that you have at least 4 idiot brothers.” Minkyung told her.

“I know you’re right but still right now, I hate them.” IU still insisted and Minkyung laughed.

Without the girls knowing the twins and Jaejin saw their little conversation. Jonghyun then said, “She’s a keeper.”

“I know.” Hongki said looking at the two girls.

“Who’s a keeper?” Jaejin asked earning a whack from each of his hyungs.

 

A/N: Two chapters in a day!!! I just had to write it before I lost the thought. Confusing emotions? Too honest and too fast for you guys? I just want to explain some things. Shinhye's honesty with Wonbin is possible, I know coz I'm like that. As for Hongki and Minkyung getting close too fast, I believe that there are people who just automatically feel comfortable with each other even if they have just met. I hope I can update soon. I don't when's the next update. So far thank you to those who have commented on Chapter 18. Please keep the comments coming. I love everyone of them. Next chapter, the twins are coming home.