Truth at the Playground

The LEE Family

 

Jangwoo who is very excited with Eunjung’s pregnancy lately would always make sure to make a quick stops to bookstore he would cross upon. He would always look for books that talks about pregnancy. He would read them everytime he has a free time. He knew almost everything about pregnancy that his siblings thought that if there’s any licensure exam about pregnancy, he’d ace that test for sure.

One of the most interesting things he read was about the obsessions of pregnant women. It says there that when a woman is pregnant, she tends to fixate herself on someone. This person who is the object of her obsession usually would have a big effect on the unborn child. Somehow by mere obsessing with this person the unborn child would develop similarities with this person. Somehow the child will look like the person or would have the same talent as that person or would even have the same character. Jangwoo hoped that Eunjung will make him the object of her obsession but much to his dismay, it wasn’t him.

Everyone of the Lee siblings except for one was kind of dismayed when they knew who that object of obsession was. They were quite shock when they realized that it was no other than Hongki. Lately they would find Eunjung hanging out with Hongki everywhere. At first Hongki was very happy since he knew his niece or nephew would be just like him but there came a point when he get creep out of Eunjung’s unusual show of attention.

There were times when Jangwoo would receive messages from his brothers that Eunjung came to their practice. Lately, if they will look for Eunjung, they will just go to Hongki’s room where she recently spend her time. This obsession made Eunjung one of the biggest fan of FNC at this time. She knew all their songs by heart and would even scream like a usual fangirl on their concert like what she’s planning to do at this time.

They were running late. His business meeting ended up late and now his wife is fuming mad at him knowing they have missed the first half of the concert. As soon as they reached the venue where the boys were having their concert, Eunjung immediately went out of the car and ran towards the entrance. Just when she’s about to enter the door she called out to her husband, “Yeobo! Can you please hurry up? I want to see Hongki’s solo performance!” And then she was gone.

Jangwoo can just shook his head with his wife’s actions. He loved her too much to get mad. He’s just praying hard that his child would either just look like his handsome brother or have his wonderful talent but not his naughtiness.

Since his wife had left him already, he decided to enjoy the night air just a bit more. As he was whistling “Nothin’ on You” a girl came out rushing on the door. He realized it was Shinhye and she was crying. He saw her leaned on the wall and was trying hard to wipe her tears dry. He then started walking towards her when one of the backstage door opened and out came Hongki and just behind him was Jonghyun and Jaejin.

He then saw Hongki pulled Shinhye in an embrace and heard him say, “Every word is true. I don’t know when it started but I do like you. I’m even in love with you.” But before Jangwoo can react, he then saw a boy who looked very familiar pulled Hongki away from Shinhye and punched his brother. Next thing he knew Jonghyun was in between the two boys, Jaejin was trying to control Hongki and another familiar boy was trying to control the one they called Wonbin.

He then ran towards the group and too put himself in the middle of two very angry boys. “What’s happening here?” He shouted that made the two boys stopped. “Jonghyun, Hongki, Jaejin, don’t you guys have a concert to finish? You’re suppose to be inside that concert hall. For sure Yonghwa’s fuming mad at you guys.” He then turned his attention to Wonbin. “Wonbin-ssi, I don’t know what my brother did to you but I don’t think he deserved what you did. Whatever misunderstanding you two have, I don’t think violence is the answer.”

Jangwoo then saw Wonbin looked at him and say, “I have every right to punch his sorry face. He’s trying to steal my girl from me. He’s openly flirting with her.”

“She’s not your girlfriend!” Hongki then shouted. “You two broke up a month ago! I was even there when you guys broke up. I’m the one who loves her and I’m the only one that makes her really happy!” Hongki continued.

They were about to fight again but Shinhye can’t take it anymore and shouted, “Both of you shut up!” which made not just the two but everyone shut up and look at her. “No one’s trying to steal me from anybody.” She then turned to Wonbin, “It’s true we broke up a month ago and we’re not an item right now.” She then turned her attention to Hongki, “And as for you Lee Hongki, don’t be too sure of yourself. You go back inside and finish your concert. I promise I’ll talk to you after. I’ll wait for you at the playground.”

“I think she’s right hyung. We need to finish our concert. The sooner you go back there, the sooner we can finish the concert.” Jaejin tried  explain to Hongki. Hongki then looked at Jangwoo and said, “Hyung please look after her until I come back.” Jangwoo just nod and when Hongki was contented with his answer, Hongki went inside with Jonghyun and Jaejin.

Shinhye then faced Jangwoo and said, “Oppa, I need to talk to Wonbin. I think you should go inside and watch the rest of the concert.”

Jangwoo knew that he will not hear the end of it with Hongki so he said, “No it’s okay. I’ll just sit there by the entrance while you talk with Wonbin-ssi. I promised Hongki that I’ll look after you and I always keep my promise. Go ahead and talk to him.” Shinhye then hugged Jangwoo, “Thank you oppa.”

As Jangwoo sat down he recalled the happenings earlier. He gasped when he realized that Hongki just admitted that he was in love with his bestfriend. A silly smile crept to his face then looked at Shinhye who was talking to Wonbin. He then realized that whatever they were talking about, it was really serious. Then he saw Wonbin hold Shinhye’s hand and he kissed her cheeks. Even though he was far from them he can see from his expression that he’s also deeply in love with Shinhye. Then Wonbin and his friend who was called Jonghoon, left Shinhye and Jangwoo realized that Shinhye was walking towards him.

Shinhye then sat beside him. He can see in her face that she’s torn between two boys.

“Wanna talk about it?” he asked her. She then stared at nothing in particular and sighed.

“Wonbin’s my very first boyfriend. He’s really sweet and caring. But he’s also an idol and his fans are very scary. In the short time that we were together I really started to have feelings for him. I really, really like him.” She told him.

“What about my naughty brother?” He asked.

Shinhye then smiled. “He’s Hongki my bestfriend. When I first heard him admit that he loves me, I knew he was telling the truth. Tonight when he sang that song, I believed his words. I was so happy yet so lost and sad and confused.”

“You know Shinhye, you’re like a sister to me. This is the only thing I can tell you, you’re still young. You still have all the time in your hands. You can spend time away from those two boys and scrutinize your self. Ask yourself if you’re in love with your ex-boyfriend or if you can reciprocate my Hongki’s feelings. But whatever happens, know that I will always support you.” Jangwoo said and hugged Shinhye.

Shinhye hugged him back and thanked him. She then stood up and said, “Oppa, I’ll be leaving for now. I need to time to think. Don’t worry I’ll be fine. Tell Hongki I’ll wait for him at the playground.” With that, she bowed to him and left.

Jangwoo is still trying to process everything. Then he knew Shinhye was right. She needs to sort things on her own. He then stood up and went inside where he can hear FNC’s screaming fans and the loudest one is his wife.

 

After the concert the girls and Jangwoo went backstage to congratulate the boys for their successful concert. Hongki immediately went to Jangwoo. “Hyung, where is Shinhye? Did you let her leave?” Hongki asked anxiously.

Jangwoo then patted his back. “Don’t worry, she told me that she’ll wait for you at the playground. Hurry up and clean yourself. Don’t let her wait too long.” Jangwoo ordered his brother. He then turned to Suzy who was also looking for Shinhye, “Suzy,” he called out, “your won’t be able to come home with your unnie. She’ll be coming home late so Jaejin will just bring you home.” Jaejin heard this and immediately he smiled like crazy. Hongki who hurriedly cleaned himself then shouted “I’m going ahead of you guys!” then left everyone.

 

On the way to the playground, Hongki can’t seem to make up his mind if he’ll run there or walk slowly. Eversince he knew Shinhye this would be one of the few times he doesn’t know what to expect of her. He doesn’t know if she’ll give him good news or bad news. If she’ll reject or accept him. So in the end he decided to walk briskly.

As he reach the playground he immediately looked for her and sure enough she’s sitting on one of the swings. He then silently walked towards her and when he’s behind her, he softly pushed the swing. Shinhye expected it for somehow she always know when Hongki’s near her. For a while she enjoyed the breeze that softly touch her face. They were silent but there was no awkwardness. Hongki felt everything was perfect.

After a while Shinhye started to talk. “I have a confession.”

“Really? What is it?” He asked.

“Did you know that you were my first love?”

Hongki then froze and Shinhye knew this because he stopped pushing her so she continued. “It happened when we were in middle school. At that time you don’t know anything about girls and also girls are starting to pay attention to you. I fell in love with you because I felt special because I’m the only girl aside from IU that receives your care and sweetness. I knew that the first girl you’d love will be very lucky because when you do things, you do it with passion. True you’re a happy go lucky guy but when you want and love something or someone, you’ll give it your 100% attention.

“But then much to my disappointment, you discovered that me and IU are not the only girls in the world. I still remember what I felt when you came and told me that you’re going on a date for the first time. It felt like everything fell out of place. I even cried right after you went away. But I had hope because I realized that those girls where just flings and nothing more. But then I got tired of getting hurt all the time so I convinced myself that I will forget my feelings for you and I will start to like another guy.”

Hongki who was so engrossed with her tale unconsciously sat at the swing beside her and stared at her. Shinhye just continued her story.

“Then Yonghwa oppa came. I thought maybe he’ll be the one who can make me forget about you. I think it was successful for at that time the pain was lessen when you tell me you have another girl of the month. But still he’s not for me and Seohyun came into the picture. Somehow, when he told us that he likes her, I wasn’t even hurt and that puzzled me why so. I was even happy when they finally told us that they’re finally together.

“Then I realized that maybe I’m still in love with you but somehow I felt numb. I don’t care anymore when you tell me you have another girl you like for sure it will only last a month at the longest.”

Hongki then found his voice. “Did you tell anyone about this?”

Shinhye then smiled. “Actually Jonghyun knows but I made him swear that he will never tell you about it. And you know your brother, he keeps his promise. Suzy also knows but she’s also sworn to secrecy so Jaejin doesn’t know.

“Then Wonbin came. For the first time in my life a guy actually likes me. For the first time there’s someone who’s interested in me. I felt good about myself. I felt like a girl like I’m very important.”

“But you’re important to me and you know that.” Hongki butted in.

“I know I’m important to you silly because I’m your friend. Your bestfriend. But just because of that.” Shinhye said with a bitter smile on her face. She then continued. “Remember I asked you to give Wonbin a hard time on your showdown?” Hongki nodded. “At that time I wanted to see if you will exert extra effort for me but you were just your usual magnificent self. When I told you that I’ve accepted Wonbin but you’re still the best singer, it’s me telling you, I’m finally letting go.

“I really let go of you. I was really putting everything on my relationship with Wonbin. We were happy at first. I begin to like him and eventually you became someone I used to love.”

Hongki thought he died when he heard Shinhye say that awful last line. Tears began to fall from his eyes but he didn’t bother to wipe them out.  Shinhye then stood up and sat in front of Hongki. She was also in tears. She then wiped his tears. Hongki then held that hand and kissed her palm. With his other hand he also wiped her tears.

Shinhye then pulled him to stand and they began to walk. Shinhye then continued, “Then the bullying started. I wanted so hard to hide it from you and Jonghyun knowing you two will just get mad. Yoona really begged me to tell you guys about it but I made her swear not to tell. You didn’t knew about it because at that time you were avoiding me and Jonghyun’s busy with his lovelife. Then you finally witness that day when his fans harassed me when we were out on a date. I was shocked when you kissed me but honestly I loved it. Somehow you began to slowly come back to my heart or maybe you didn’t leave but just hibernated. Maybe Wonbin knew it somehow that’s why he was so mad at you.

“And another confession, I was there when you finally accepted your feelings for me. My date with Wonbin was cancelled and I followed Jonghyun and IU to your lair. I was about to enter when I heard you guys talk. I tried to walk away but I somehow I can’t.

“Finally you came back to your normal self. And in just one day everything was revealed about my harassment. When I heard Wonbin said that he knew I was being bullied, I was again hurt badly. When you went outside, I told him that he hurt me not because he didn’t protected me but because he didn’t comforted me when he in fact knew what’s happening to me. Maybe if he supported me by just comforting me, I wouldn’t have broke off things with him.

“After that, everything was back to normal again, at least on the surface but at night I’d cry why I have the misfortune when it comes to guys. Then finally after three weeks, I thought I’ll be fine again but I was wrong. I was so wrong.

“Blue Island came back from Japan and as you know Wonbin came to talk to me. Honestly, I believed him. I know he loves me and I know it will be different the next time. That was why I was so silent at lunchtime. I was really warming up to the idea that he and I will be together again. Then, you sang tonight that song and somehow everything I felt for you back then came back.”

Hongki then stopped from his walk and made Shinhye face him. He felt happy and alive again. He knew she loves him again. He was about to kiss her when she pulled away from him and avoided his kiss. “No.” She said and it made Hongki confused.

“Don’t please because right now, I’m very confused.” She said.

“What are you confused about? You know I love you and you just said you love me too indirectly.” He insisted.

“I know what I said but did you also forget that I am also liking the fact of getting back together with Wonbin?”

“But you don’t love him! You love me!”

“I don’t know. I really don’t know. I’m confused.”

“Then just forget about him. I’ll make you forget him. I’ll be good to you I promise.”

“No Hongki. That would be not fair.”

The two then again stared at each other. Hongki then knew what to do.

“As much as I don’t want to do it but I will let you go. I know you. If you’re not giving your 100% on something it will be just a lost cause. But I will wait for you. I will give you a week to think. At that time I will be at the disadvantage because I won’t show myself to you not even my shadow and Wonbin can just woo you all the time but still keep this in mind, I love you and you’re the only girl I have ever loved.” With that Hongki pulled her and kissed her with all the longing he felt for her. She too kissed him back with every feeling that she has for him. Hongki then pulled back and ended the kiss. He looked deeply in her eyes and again kissed her softly and said, “I’ll see you in a week.”

 

A/N: Another update for you guys. I just want to explain about something here, I wanted a story from SHinhye's side that's why I made her tell Hongki everything. Finally both of them knew everything from each other.

Everyone thank you for your comments, I hope you guys will keep on commenting and subscribing.