"What Do I Do?"

The LEE Family

“Yah! Hyung! Please don’t do it! I beg you please spare me and Suzy the humiliation please!” Jaejin begged his older brother.

“I think my dear twin brother is back to his old self.” Jonghyun told IU as he look at Jaejin kneeling in front of Hongki who’s looking smugly at his younger brother. IU nods in agreement and said, “I think so too and I pity Jaejin Oppa being his first target after his weird days.”

Just then Jaejin saw IU and ran towards her. “Jieun, please help me. Hongki hyung is threatening me that he’ll tweet pictures of me and Suzy on the net.”

“So what if he tweets them?” IU asked innocently.

“Let’s just say that if he did tweet those pictures, your bestfriend’s innocent image will be ruined?” Jaejin said blushing.

IU’s eyes became so wide that it almost popped out. “Now what did you two just do and how did Hongki Oppa got hold of those pictures?” IU questioned her favourite brother.

“Your bestfriend and brother are two very careless people. I saw them making outside Suzy’s house and let’s just say I took some pictures.” Hongki said as he joined his brothers and sister.

IU then looked accusingly at Jaejin who just bowed his head out of embarrassment. Jonghyun crossed his arms and looked amusedly at his brothers and sister. Hongki was still wearing his smugly smile. IU then looked at Hongki and smiled. The smug in Hongki’s face slowly fades. Hongki then slowly retreated. IU walked towards her oppa. Jaejin suddenly smiled. Jonghyun’s still amused.

“Oppa?” IU called out to Hongki.

“Yes IU.” Answered Hongki.

“I want to see the pictures.” Hongki looked at her shocked out of his wits. Jaejin’s face was filled with horror and looked at Jonghyun begging him not to let IU see the pictures. Jonghyun then looked at Hongki as if signalling him not to show the pictures to IU.

“You’ll let me see the pictures right?” IU continued. “Or else, a certain lady will know that you have a one-sided love with her.” She threatened.

It was now Hongki’s face who’s filled with horror. He knew IU doesn’t give empty threats. He then threw the phone that contain the pictures to Jonghyun who immediately erased all the pictures. IU then looked at her brother’s triumphantly and said, “No one is tainting the image of my bestfriend. Not you Hongki Oppa and especially not you Jaejin Oppa.” IU then turned all her attention to Jaejin. “What were you thinking? Making out outside Suzy’s house? It was fortunate that it was Hongki Oppa who saw you two. What if someone did and did tweet your pictures? Be careful where you do stupid things. Okay?”

Jaejin just nods. Hongki snickers. But IU wasn’t finished. “And as for you Oppa,” IU said looking at Hongki, Hongki then gulped nervously but suddenly found himself being hugged by IU, “I’m so happy you’re back.” She said. He then hugged her back and said, “I am back. Thank you.”

“What did I miss?” Jaejin asked Jonghyun. Jonghyun then put his arms around his brother and said, “I’m hungry. Fix me some breakfast.” Jaejin can’t do anything but do as he was told.

 

At school, Hongki was back to his old self. He was back to his naughty self. He began to annoy people around him just like old times.

Yoona who was walking hand in hand with Jonghyun said, “Oh my goodness, your brother’s back.”

Jonghyun then laughed and kissed his girl, “Believe me, you’d want him to stay like this.” Yoona then shot him a questioning look but Jonghyun just kissed her again.

Hongki then saw them and said, “Oh please, get a room.” Jonghyun just looked at him and smiled and kissed again his girlfriend. Hongki then spotted Shinhye. He knew he should act normal so he ran towards her and put his arms around his bestfriend. “Yah! Where were you these past few days? I missed you.”

Shinhye then looked at him. Hongki saw that something’s different with her but he chose to ignore it. “Are you back to your old self?” Shinhye asked.

Hongki then flashed her his killer smile with matching eyesmile, “Yes I am.” Shinhye smiled at that and leaned her head on his shoulder. Hongki knew he should keep it cool or he’ll blow it so he just closed his mouth and enjoyed her presence with him.

Just then some girls passed them and one of them bumped hard into Shinhye. If Hongki’s arms wasn’t around Shinhye she would’ve fell hard. Then the girl said, “!” and the group began to snicker and looked at Shinhye maliciously.

Hongki was so mad that he let go of Shinhye was about to confront the group when he felt Shinhye stop him. “Please, just ignore them. They’re just his fans.” Pertaining to her boyfriend Wonbin.

Jonghyun who was just walking behind them with Yoona then came up to them and said, “How long since these so-called fans of Wonbin’s been harassing you?”

Shinhye then looked at Yoona for help. Jonghyun saw the exchange and faced Yoona. “You knew she’s being harassed and you didn’t tell me anything?” He asked his girlfriend.

“Don’t blame her. I begged her not to tell you guys because I know you’ll be reacting this way.” Shinhye defended Yoona.

“Does your boyfriend know about these things?” Hongki asked trying to control his anger.

“I don’t think so. I never told him about it.” Shinhye said not meeting Hongki’s eyes.

“Where is he right now?” He asked.

“They’re in Japan. They won’t be back in a month.” Shinhye said.

“Then from now on, you’re not going anywhere alone. You will wait for me,” “And me.” Jonghyun interrupted, “before you go anywhere.” Hongki said. “You’re not going home alone or coming to school alone until I have a talk with that great boyfriend of yours.” He continued.

“Please don’t bother him with this small problem. I can handle it. He’s busy as it is.” Shinhye begged her bestfriend.

“You are still his girlfriend and he should protect you and if he can’t, I would gladly do it.” With that Hongki took her hand, pulled her and brought her to class.

 

Jonghyun knocked on the door of Hongki’s lair knowing his brother must be brooding there right now. When the door didn’t open he shouted, “I know you’re there. Open the door or else I’ll tell the teacher that about this room.” He counted and before reaching five the door opened. He went in and he saw his brother playing with the keyboard.

He sat on the bed and just observed his brother. He listened to the music and knew that it was something new to him. When Hongki finished, Jonghyun said, “I don’t think I know that song.”

“I don’t think you know this song.” Hongki said then he took out his phone and gave it to Jonghyun. “This is the song. Listen to it.” Hongki then continued playing with the keyboard while Jonghyun listened to the song. Hongki saw his brother smiled and he too smiled understanding why.

After listening to the song Jonghyun said, “Very appropriate. Where did you find it?” Pertaining to the song.

“Let’s say I found that song right before hyung and noona got married in Youtube. I immediately got hooked not understanding why.” Hongki said.

“You mean you got hooked to this song even before you realized that you liked Shinnie?” Jonghyun asked.

“Yes and now it’s my life’s anthem.” Hongki said.

“Even in denial, subconsciously you knew you love her.” Jonghyun explained and his twin brother just nod.

“Another thing dear brother, since when did you learn how to play piano?” Jonghyun asked.

“One day I was bored and took a walk. Then I saw a garage sale and I saw this keyboard on sale for a very, very, very cheap price. I bought it out of impulse and since I have one I tinkered with it and soon I found myself able to play it. Though I’m far from Seohyun, Yong hyung and Minhwan’s skill, still, I can play.”

“You and your impulsiveness.” Jonghyun while shaking his head. “Are you planning on playing it anytime soon?”

“I don’t know. I’ll try to play and sing at the same time, Tell me if I can play it on our coming underground performance.” Just then Hongki began playing and his brother watched him sing his heart out.

 

Shinhye’s class ended early. Hongki came running to her class but he didn’t find her there. He then ran to where her locker was situated hoping to find her there. He was relieved when he saw her in front of her locker and began to smile but soon the smile left his face. He saw Shinhye was about to cry while looking inside her locker. He ran and when Shinhye saw him coming, she immediately closed her locker.

Hongki wasn’t going to be fooled. He knew something is very wrong and he wants to know the truth. “Open your locker.” He ordered Shinhye.

“No.” Was her only reply.

“Open your locker or I swear I’ll destroy it.” Hongki threatened. Shinhye looked at him and knew that he’s not kidding so she slowly opened it.

Hongki then opened wide the locker and saw that some of Shinhye’s clothes were torn. Her shoes were destroyed and the worst thing was a letter written in blood saying, “Stay away from Wonbin Oppa!”

Hongki then hurriedly took all those things and threw them in the garbage bin. “Since when did the bullying started Shinhye?” He asked. Shinhye then lowered her eyes and began to walk away from him. She then began to ran. Hongki ran after her and stopped her and saw that she was crying. He then hugged her and tried to calm her down. “Shhhh. It’s okay. I’m here. No one can harm you. I won’t let them hurt you again.” Shinhye then began to cry loudly. It was a good thing that most of the students went home already. Hongki then brought Shinhye to his lair. He let her cry her heart out and when he saw her stop, he gave her water to drink.

“Since when?” He asked.

“I really don’t know. It started with small pranks but I just ignored them. Yoona knew about it because we were classmates at some subjects. She told me to tell you guys and tell Wonbin but I thought I could hand it myself. What you saw earlier wasn’t the worst. There was a time when they put a dead rat inside my locker. Then girls started to ‘bump’ with me everyday but today was the hardest one. It was a good thing you were there.” Shinhye said.

“But you’re a blackbelt. You should’ve kicked they .” Hongki said, he’s really getting madder by the minute.

“They’re just fans who loved their idol very much.”

Hongki was furious. He then asked, “Do you really love him this much that you’re willing to suffer this much for him?”

Shinhye then smiled and looked at him and said, “Honestly I don’t know. A big part of me is doing this because of my pride. I don’t want to give them the satisfaction that because of them I broke up with him. As for Wonbin, I don’t think he knows about this. “

“Then it’s about time that he knows about it.” Hongki then took his phone and called Wonbin. After three rings, Wonbin answered and Hongki put the phone on loudspeaker.

“Wonbin this is Hongki.”

“Hongki, why are you calling? Do you know that this is an overseas call?”

“Of course I know. Did you know that your fans are bullying Shinhye?”

There was silence on the other end of the phone until…

“Yes.”

Hongki looked at Shinhye but Shinhye was staring at the phone.

“You do but you didn’t do anything about it?” Hongki’s voice was rising.

“You don’t understand my situation Hongki. I can’t fight my fans. Believe me I don’t want it to happen to her. Who would want her to get hurt? If only I can do everything I want I would’ve protected her with all my power. I even talked with my manager about it and he said that she’s a strong person and she can take care of herself.”

“Then let her go.” Hongki said while staring at Shinhye.

“I don’t think I can. I love her. I can’t bear to lose her.” Wonbin said and Hongki knew he’s crying on the other end.

“Your fans are harassing and bullying her. They destroy her clothes and shoes, put a dead rat on her locker and give her letters written in blood. They are hurting her everyday and you still have the guts to be selfish? Just let her go please.” Hongki begged.

“I can’t. It’s up to her.” Wonbin said with much sadness.

“Then talk to her, she’s here.” Hongki then went to Shinhye and hugged her. He then walked out of the room and closed the door behind him.

After what seems like forever, the door opened and Hongki saw Shinhye. She then ran to him and cried all over again and said, “It’s over. We’re done.”

 

Hongki, Jonghyun and Yoona were alternating on accompanying Shinhye. It seems the break up affected her more than they expected. She really did liked him a lot. But somehow since the break-up, the bullying and harassing stopped making them think that maybe someone from Wonbin’s circle had started everything.

A month passed and Blue Island went back to Korea after a very successful debut in Japan. The twins with Yoona and Shinhye were walking when Wonbin suddenly walked up to them.

“Can I have a talk with Shinhye?” Wonbin asked.

Hongki looked at Shinhye and she just nod. She then walked ahead but before Wonbin can follow her Hongki said, “Better be sure that this will not cause her any pain in the future.” Wonbin looked at him with resolve “I promise that won’t happen.”

 

By lunchtime, Shinhye joined the twins, Yoona, Jaejin and the YongSeo couple in their table. Hongki didn’t waste time and asked, “What did Wonbin want from you?”

Everyone then turned their attention to her.

“He wanted us to try again. He said he won’t let anyone hurt me again. He said, he’d protect me know his management be damned.” Shinhye said while eating.

“And you believe him?” Hongki continued his interrogation.

“I’m thinking about it. He’s a nice guy. I like him and I’m still single.” Jonghyun caught the meaning behind her words. He then said, “Hey you should come tonight in our concert.” Telling Shinhye.

“I should?” Shinhye was quite confused with the change of topic.

“You should.” Jonghyun then looked at Hongki meaningfully. Yonghwa who also knows why Shinhye should go that night said, “You really should. Enjoy tonight and clear your head then you go back to your issues with Wonbin.”

“Seohyun, IU and I will pick you and Suzy up tonight.” Yoona said.

Shinhye looked at everyone. Everyone was looking at her weirdly except for Hongki who was busy eating then said “Okay.”

 

That night the house was packed. It seems the fans of FNC Band are growing. Even if the majority of the fans were girls still they have a big following of male fans. Then after five songs, it was time for the solo performances.

Jaejin gave another solo singing performance. It seems he’s more confident now and all the time he was looking at his beautiful girlfriend. Minhwan came next. He gave a solo drum performance. Next was Jonghyun. He sang with his guitar. Once in a while he’d wink at Yoona. Yonghwa then showed everyone his DJ skills. Everyone was dancing with his music. Last but not the least was Hongki.

Somehow that night he had a different aura. He seemed serious and determined. Everyone was shocked when he went behind the keyboards and began to play a soft melody. Then he began to sing.

What would you do if I told you that
All that I do's think of what we had
What would you do if I'm not the friend I used to be
Well, at least, not to me

'Cause I can't get over all the times you stay
Get crazy, jealous every time you're away
Now I'm someone different from the one you knew
Had nothing to feel for you, to feel for you

What do I do?
I keep calling out your name
What do I do?
I got no one else to blame
What do I do?
Every time I hold your hand, it's not the same
What do I do?
I think I fell in love with you

What can I do? What can I say?
Everything keeps changing every night, every day
Every word so different, every touch so real
Every glance and every look reveals the way I feel

No, it's never ever gonna be the same
When we hug for warmth from the cold of the rain
Yet I'm not gonna move on, not gonna change
Though I find it hard to say, baby

What do I do?
I keep calling out your name
What do I do?
I got no one else to blame
What do I do?
Every time I hold your hand, it's not the same
What do I do?
I think I fell in love with you

I don't know what to do
I'm fallin' more for you
Baby, please tell me...

What do I do?
I keep calling out your name
What do I do?
I got no one else to blame
What do I do?
Every time I hold your hand, it's not the same
What do I do?
I think I fell in love with you

Ooh oh
What do I do?

All the time he was singing he was staring at Shinhye. Shinhye too was staring at him. All the girls and the rest of the boys were looking at them.

When the song ended, the crowd went wild but still Hongki kept his gaze on Shinhye. He then saw tears fall from her eyes. She then hurriedly ran outside.

 

A/N: Hi guys, I’m back. I’m sorry if I was gone for a very long time.

About the song, it’s a song of Nyoy Volante a Filipino singer entitled "What Do I Do?". It’s quite a sweet song. Do check it out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_O6zUqKQcd4

I don’t know when I will be able to update since I’ll be very busy this coming days. Hope you guys can still wait. Please do comment if you’re liking this story. Lately I get lesser comments and if this continue I might end the story soon…