A Bit of an Introduction

The LEE Family

 

The Lee kids were orphaned seven years ago due to a plane crash where their parents who were both famous singers were on their way to Japan to have a concert was aboard. The whole nation cried when the news that Lee Hongjae and Lee Jihyun were passengers on the plane that crashed. They all pitied the five children that were left parentless.

Jangwoo became the head of the family at the age of 18. He told his siblings that everyone of them will be responsible to the sibling younger than them. Hongki didn’t like the idea that Jonghyun will be the one responsible for him since he was only 15 minutes older than him. But there’s no way bending Jangwoo’s decision. Jaejin was very happy when he realized that he’ll be the one responsible for IU since he adores his little sister. Jonghyun knowing how mischievous his younger twin can get, begged his hyung to let him study tae kwon do and judo so that he can protect Hongki more.

It was a good thing Lee Hongjae and Lee Jihyun were responsible parents. As soon as a child was born, their education will be insured. All their earnings were saved up and since both of them were very famous celebrities, it summed up to a very hefty amount when they died. Financially the kids were secured. Emotionally, they were also secured since they grew up in a very loving home.

Every kid was blessed with the gift of music. Jangwoo’s voice can melt even the hardest heart. Jonghyun too has a very sweet voice and also a guitar genius. Hongki’s voice was a different thing. It is a gift from God. He can sing anything, be it pop, rock, ballad, hip hop... name it, the boy can sing it. Jaejin was also a good singer but he has a knack for composing beautiful songs. IU, the only girl in the family on the other hand is also gifted by a wonderful voice. She can play the guitar (thanks to her Jonghyun oppa) and arrange beautiful melodies.

Everyone was disappointed when Jangwoo decided to take architecture in college. Everyone was expecting him to enter showbiz and be a big time singer like his parents. But since he was little he loves drawing houses. Though he still sings on private events, he’s very contented on the path that he took.

Jonghyun, Hongki and Jaejin are all part of a group called FnC Band along with their friends Jung Yonghwa and Choi Minhwan. Jung Yonghwa the oldest in the group is their leader and guitarist. He composes most of their songs. Jonghyun since he’s the guitar genius is the lead guitarist of the group and vocalist. Hongki, was the main vocalist and face of the group. Jaejin is the bass player and also a composer along with Yonghwa. Choi Minhwan the youngest in the group is the drummer and also IU’s best friend (she was the one who introduced him to the group).

IU on the other hand is still thinking if she will follow on her younger brother’s path. But she’s still young so she’s taking it easy but sometimes she’ll sing with the band especially when they have gigs that needs a female singer.

 

One morning Jonghyun woke up late. Something was definitely off with their house. It was very quiet. Usually when he wakes up late, their house will be buzzing with noises in every corner. Hongki’s loud music in his room, Jaejin practicing his bass guitar (on full volume), IU talking on the phone while walking all around the house or Jangwoo constantly shouting, trying to make everyone keep quiet because he’s having a video conference with a client.

Jonghyun then remembered something and hurriedly looked at the calendar. He was relieved when he saw that it’s still the day before Jangwoo’s wedding. He thought it was today and he had slept through the event. He then checked each of his siblings rooms but no one was there. As he was eating his breakfast, a smile crept up to his face. He suddenly realized that he has the house all to himself. He hurriedly finished eating, ran up to his room and took his guitar.

As he was about to sit on the sofa in their living room to play some guitar, their main door suddenly burst open and he saw Jangwoo. Jangwoo then saw Jonghyun, he slammed the door hard and walked towards Jonghyun and sat on one of the chairs.

“Hyung what’s wrong?” He asked when he saw Jangwoo’s face flushed.

“What’s wrong? Everything’s wrong. Eunjung’s mad at me and even told me that she’ll cancel the wedding.” Jangwoo said.

“What did you do this time?” Jonghyun asked.

“What made you think I did something?” Jangwoo said angrily. He then stood up and cuffed Jonghoon.

“Because ever since you asked her to marry you, you do stupid things.” Jonghyun tried to free himself from his brother. “Like what?” Jangwoo asked still not releasing Jonghyun. “Like constantly asking her why she agreed to marry you. That’s very irritating hyung.” Jangwoo released him and sat back on his chair.

“Can you blame me for asking? How can a wonderful girl like her agree to marry me?” Jangwoo said.

Jonghyun’s dimples showed as he smiled to his hyung’s stupidity. He’s one love sick puppy. Lately his Eunjung noona’s getting tired of Jangwoo asking why she decided to marry him. It was as if his hyung can’t believe his luck. Maybe she had enough already.

“What are you smiling at?” Jangwoo asked. “Can’t you see my wedding can be cancelled.”

“Hyung, just call her and say you’re sorry. And please stop asking her that stupid question. She loves you, that’s why she’s marrying you.” Jonghyun said.

“I guess you’re right.” Jangwoo said and took out his phone. Then as if spooked with something, he suddenly looked around the house, then looked at Jonghyun with confused eyes, “Yah Jongie, where’s everyone?” He asked.

“Beats me. I woke up on a quiet house. I was all alone until you came.” He said and began playing with his guitar.

“Hey, just make sure Hongki’s not up to any mischief today. Tomorrow’s my wedding and I don’t want someone from my family wearing a black eye tomorrow.” Jangwoo told Jonghyun.

Suddenly the door burst open again and Shinhye came in running towards Jonghyun.

“Yah Lee Jonghyun, come on follow me.” She said as she pulls Jonghyun.

“Shinhye what’s wrong?” Jangwoo asked. “Is Hongki in trouble again?” Shinhye who was looking at Jonghyun realized that he was telling her silently not to tell Jangwoo anything. Shinhye then looked at Jangwoo and said, “No oppa, he’s okay. He’s at my house right now. Sorry, I would love to chat but we really need to leave right away.” She said. Jonghyun followed her and as soon as they were out of the house he said, “What did he do this time? What kind of trouble did Hongki got himself into now?”

Jonghyun knew all too well that the reason why Shinhye called him out is because his twin is in trouble. “Why did you ask me to lie to oppa earlier?” Shinhye asked back.

“Because he has too many things to worry about today. Noona’s mad at him and he’s on panic mode again. Just before you came he told me to make sure Hongki’s not up to something. So what’s wrong with Hongki?” He again asked.

“Let’s just say it’s a five against one situation.” Shinhye said. Jonghyun stopped on his tracks and looks worriedly at his friend. Shinhye smiled at him and he began to ran fast.

Soon they reached an abandoned building and saw Hongki being surrounded by five boys. Jonghyun ran beside his brother. Hongki as soon as he saw Jonghyun looked around and looked for Shinhye. “Why did you brought him here?” He asked Shinhye.

“Because you need him.” She answered back.

“Jongie, you can leave this to me. I can handle them. You might injure your hand and hyung will kill us if you won’t be able to play tomorrow in their wedding reception.”

“Aish stupid Hongki,” Jonghyun said, “he’ll kill both of us if you got yourself a black eye tomorrow. Don’t worry about my hands, that’s why I also took up tae kwon do so that I can just use my legs when I need to fight.”

“Are you done talking you two?” One of the boys said.

“Yah, what did you my brother do to you? Why fight?” Jonghyun asked.

“Yah don’t tell him.” Hongki said.

The boy just smirked. “Are you sure you’re twins? You don’t look like each other.”

“Stupid, not all twins looks the same. We’re fraternal twins, not identical twins stupid.” Hongki answered.

“Don’t change the subject,” Jonghyun interrupted. “What’s the cause of this fight?”

“Don’t tell him!” Hongki insisted.

The boy again smirked and said, “He got mad because he heard me tell my friends that I will make IU your little sister my girl and make her do all those naughty things that you can read in those manhwa’s.”

Jonghyun began to see red. Hongki just shook his head. Jonghyun began attacking everyone. He became a raging bull knocking out everything in his way. Soon all five boys were on the ground groaning in pain. Hongki and Shinhye tried to pull Jonghyun who was still kicking the boy who insulted IU. Hongki then went to the boy who insulted his sister, “You thought I didn’t want to tell Jonghyun the truth because he’ll get mad at me? You’re really stupid. I didn’t want to tell him because I didn’t know what will happen to you as soon as he knows the truth. Now you know. Don’t even try messing with my sister or I can’t assure you if you’d still be alive next time.”

Hongki then went back to Shinhye who was now calming Jonghyun. Hongki sat in front of Jonghyun and immediately checked his hands. “Are you hurt? Can you still play the guitar tomorrow?” He asked.

“Yah Lee Hongki, are my hands your only concern?” Jonghyun asked angrily.

“No, I know you’re okay. I can even handle those boys but true enough I won’t be able to go home without a black eye. But if we get your hands were injured, hyung will get mad at both of us. He’ll nag us until we die that we ruined his wedding day.”

All of a sudden Hongki was knocked down and a girl suddenly hugged Jonghyun. “Oppa! Are you okay?” The girl then searched every nook of Jonghyun’s face and even attempted to lift his shirt to see if he’s hurt somewhere. Jonghyun stopped the girl’s hands from searching and shouted “Yah! Im Yoona, what do you think you’re doing? Don’t you have any descency?”

Yoona who has the biggest crush on Jonghyun since forever pouted, “I’m not a ert! I was just checking if you got hurt anywhere.” She said. Jonghyun then stood up and fixed his shirt. “I’m okay, okay? See? Not hurt anywhere so stop.”

But Yoona kept on clinging and Jonghyun kept on warding her off.

“Hyung is it over?” Hongki turned around and saw Jaejin, Minhwan, IU and Suzy. He then looked at Shinhye, “Yah! Why did you call everybody to come here? I told you I can handle those boys by myself but still you called everybody and even dragged Jongie here.” He shouted at his friend.

“Yah Lee Hongki! You’re not that great of a fighter. Besides I didn’t call anybody except for Jonghyun.” Shinhye shouted back.

“Then who called Jaejin?” Hongki asked.

“I did.” Yoona said as she raised her hand.

“How did you even know about this?” Jonghyun asked.

“I was on my way to your house when I saw Shinhye dragging you. I followed you guys here and as soon as I saw those five boys I called Jaejin.” She explained.

“I was accompanying IU and Suzy in the mall when we received noona’s call. Then on the way here, we saw Minhwan and we made him come also.” Jaejin said. “But hyung what happened? Why the trouble?”

Hongki and Jonghyun looked at each other. They knew how Jaejin’s too protective of IU. They knew it would be better if he did not know the reason but Shinhye began telling the details of the event. Soon they saw Jaejin turning red and when he was about to go to the groaning bodies to do more damage, Jonghyun and Hongki stopped him and dragged him but then IU began shouting “Yah Choi Minhwan come back here. What do you think you’re doing?”

Everyone turned around and saw Minhwan kicking and punching the boy who insulted IU. Hongki then let go of Jaejin and ran towards Minhwan and stopped him from further inflicting damage to the boy.

As Hongki was dragging Minhwan, Minhwan then shouted, “You have no right to insult IU. I’m the only one who has the right to do that!” Then Minhwan felt Hongki whack his head.

As they were all walking out of the abandoned building, Hongki’s phone began to ring.

“Yah Lee Hongki! Where are you? Do you know where Jonghyun, Jaejin and Minhwa is?”

“Yah, they’re with me hyung. Why are you looking for us?”

“Why? Did you guys forget we have practice today for tomorrows wedding?” Everyone heard Yonghwa’s loud voice through the earpiece. They looked at each other and realized they all forgot about the practice.

“Hyung, we’ll be there in 15 minutes.” And everyone began to ran.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: I'm so overwhelmed that I have lots of subscribers with just a foreword. Thank you all who subscribed to this story and commented. I'm sorry if the first chapter's a bit boring. I needed to introduce the characters first. I hope you guys would like the story as it goes.

The next chapter will have the WooJung wedding. I just love this people. I like all of them. I love all of their voices. I just hope you'd come to love them as much I as I love writing about them.