Key's Party

Exo Rock N Roll
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Everyone in the P&B band heard about the good news the next day at band practice and all the band members gathered in Ginny’s basement as usual. Luhan looked really excited to spill the beans and Kris told everyone to get to their places as usual as well. “To your positions guys.” Kris said in a very stern voice. The band members all got to their places as told and they all started to tune their instruments before getting ready to play all the songs for the day.

 

Once everyone was done tuning their instruments and what not Luhan decided to let everyone know about the confirmation he had after speaking with Key last night. “Hey guys guess what, I spoke with Key last night and we confirmed everything.We will be performing at his house in Beverly Hills at 7:00pm but we should get there a little early so we can set up and stuff.It looks like he is a big rock music fan too so he’ll enjoy us for sure.” Chanyeol laughed in his usual silly manner. “Man Key’s family must be loaded if they live in Beverly Hills.”

 

Kris told everyone that they should practice really hard since the 23rd was not that far away from now and Kris reminded everyone that they’ll be playing the seven songs that they chose from last time.

 

It wasn’t much of a problem since they’ve been practicing those songs the last couple times. “Just to let you guys know we will be playing the seven songs and make sure to perfect them alright?”

 

Kris expected none other than their best and he was like that even as the Boys’ Basketball Captain.

 

All the band members said in unison. “Okay Duizhang!” Everyone loved following Kris’s leadership and he was not so harsh but still expected them to show everything they got. While they were practicing the seven songs from the set list, one by one they heard footsteps. It was Onew, he wasn’t kidding when he said he’ll be home earlier from now on and The band session normally ended around 7:00pm and it wasn’t even seven yet.

 

Ginny said with a surprise. “Oppa, what are you doing here so early?” Onew smiled and said. “Didn’t I say that I was gonna be home earlier from now on? haven’t I?” Ginny said in a soft voice. “Oh yea.” Chanyeol jumped into the conversation and said. “Oh so, you are Ginny’s big brother?”

 

“Hello Sir, my name is Chanyeol and I am the lead guitarist for Ginny’s band!”

 

Onew was shocked because Chanyeol called him sir. “Hey Chanyeol, You don’t have to call me sir..just call me hyung.” Chanyeol giggled for his silly mistake of calling Onew sir.

 

“Okay Hyung!”

 

Luhan also introduced himself. “Hi, I am Luhan and I am the rhythm guitarist for this band!”

Kris confidently said, “Hello hyung, I am the leader and the bassist of this band...My name is Kris and the band members call me Duizhang.” Kris said with a smile but in a confident kind of way.

 

Lay let out a peaceful grin and he introduced himself politely. “Hello Hyung, My name is Lay and I play the keyboard for the band.” After everyone was done introducing themselves to Ginny’s beloved brother, Onew looked towards Kai’s direction. “Hi, Jongin right? I remember meeting you last time.” Kai was nervous meeting the brother again and he even stuttered a bit, “Y-yes we have.” Onew glanced at everyone. “Make yourselves at home, I’ll let you continue with your jam session and I’ll be in my room, so if you need anything just call me.Alright kids?” Everyone answered in unison except for Ginny. “Yes, Hyung!”

 

Onew finally got to meet his little sister’s band members and he was certainly proud since he thought that she would never actually make this happen.

 

Time has passed by and the band members practiced long and hard to the point where their fingers had blisters. They were all proud of their blisters too because that meant they really worked themselves to the bone and they didn’t mind that, since it was something that they loved doing.

 

It was finally the D day and the time had come for the P&B to perform their first gig. Everyone met at Ginny’s house and they tried to figure out a way to carpool. Lay, Chanyeol,Luhan and Kris were gonna go in Kris’s car and Ginny was directed to go with Kai. All the instruments would go in Kai’s trunk and also his back seat. Ginny felt weird for some reason even though she has been with Kai alone before.

 

Kris said in an encouraging voice. “We can make this happen, we worked so hard to come this far so let’s show the audience at Key’s party  what we are made of! We are gonna be car pooling and I think we only need two cars to do that.Why don’t Luhan,Chanyeol and Lay come with me? Ginny, you go with Kai and also the instruments can go in Kai’s trunk and the back seat.” Kris ordered.

 

Ginny was happy to be alone with Kai but yet at the same time nervous and she said to herself. “Why am I so nervous when I have been alone with him before.” Ginny had to ask herself this because she was a bit confused with the way she was feeling.

 

Luhan had the directions so he said to Kai. “Just follow behind us, We’ll lead the way okay?”

Kai nodded. “Okay Hyung.”


 

They all got into the cars that they were supposed to get into and Kai was happy to be with Ginny again,alone. “Ginny, you look great tonight.” Kai paid her a compliment and it felt really strange. “Oh really? Thank you?” Ginny didn’t know how to react to his sudden compliment.

 

Ginny felt a little awkward being showered with praise and admiration. “Oh...thanks...I think I look alright,you look better than I do. Ginny laughed awkwardly and she kept on looking out the window, couldn’t seem to face Jongin at the moment. Our rock princess was rather quiet too and Kai was supposed to be the more shy one but lately it was becoming quite the opposite. With Kai he seemed to be shy only at the beginning but once he felt comfortable he could be quite fun and dorky.

 

Kai and Ginny were still following behind Kris and Ginny let out a sigh. Kai was curious to Ginny’s silence. “What’s wrong Ginny? You seem rather quiet today...Is something the matter?” Ginny answered shyly, “No I am okay,I think I am a little nervous about today’s performance, that’s all.We really worked hard for the past week or so and I want our efforts to show tonight.” But that wasn’t the only thing on Ginny’s mind and she was also nervous about being close to Kai.Jongin wanted to take the awkward atmosphere away so while he was driving he was trying to make an attempt to do Pororo’s Crong impersonation.

 

“Crong!” Since our drummer boy’s driving he was only able to use one hand to do the hand gestures instead of both of his hands.

 

After he did his Crong bit Kai kept on hitting Ginny on the shoulders. “Ow!” Ginny said in pain.

 

“You hit really hard you know that Jongin?” Ginny was really able to feel the hit because she was wearing a sleeveless pink and black lacy dress and there was Kai’s hand mark on Ginny’s left shoulder. “Sorry Ginny, I get a little carried away when I try to do the Crong impersonation from Pororo.” Ginny asked curiously. “What is Pororo?” Kai replied willingly, “It’s this Korean cartoon that has been popular lately.” As Kai finished telling Ginny what Pororo was they followed Kris’s car into Key’s driveway and Key’s house was gigantic,way bigger than Ginny’s house. There were a lot of people there already and the band members were able to hear music blasting from Key’s large mansion like home. There were already a lot of cars there and the band members were amazed with the landscape of the home.

 

Key’s parents went on vacation for the weekend so Key had the whole house to himself.

 

The P&B members seemed very nervous but under Kris’s leadership they were able to manage to be confident in themselves.

 

Kris began to talk. “It looks like this is the place we’re gonna perform at!” Luhan was in awe. “Wow this place is huge, its way larger than Ginny’s house!” Ginny was shaking due to it being a somewhat of a chilly night and due to nervousness. Kai saw Ginny being cold and she didn’t have much on so he put his jacket on her.Ginny was blushing in front of everyone but luckily nobody saw since the band members were mesmerized by Key’s large house.

 

Lay kindly offered. “I’ll start lugging everything into Key’s place.” Lay asked Luhan. “Do you want me to just go and ring the doorbell or are you gonna call Key to let us in?” Luhan replied. “I think i’ll just call him, it would be better that way.”

 

Luhan called Key and he picked up while he was still preparing for this party. “Oh hi, is this Luhan?”

 

Luhan answered, “Yes, we are here!” Key said in a hyper but feminine voice. “Oh okay, sweetie,I’ll go to the door and let you in honey. A lot of people get lost when they first come to my place...It’s quite big hahaha.” Key was very hyper,outgoing and flamboyant. He also had such a fashion sense that he dressed better than most girls. Key was also known to be the life of the party, so he knew many people from everywhere.

 

Key opened the door for the P&B band members and Lay helped his band mates lug everything in Key’s large house including his own keyboard. Lay was like the mom of the group so he naturally likeed to tend to everyone in the band. Key greeted everyone at the door and said with his big bold smile. Hello guys, I presume you guys are The Pink and Black band?”

 

Everyone nodded. “I thank you guys for wanting to perform for my party,I am looking forward to hear you guys play.Also, make yourselves at home,we got non alcoholic beverages and some booze too.” After hearing the word booze Chanyeol and Luhan were very happy, just the thought of being an underage drinker really stimulated their minds.

 

Key took the band over to where they would be performing at. The stage was set in the middle  of the large living of the Kim household. Lay,Kris,Kai and Ginny all worked on getting everything together,while Luhan and Chanyeol were busy getting their booze. Chanyeol and Luhan were also checking out the ladies that came to the party. These two might be the rivals of the band but yet they loved hanging together and socializing.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter