What's wrong with Kris?

Exo Rock N Roll
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The band got another gig in Hollywood and It was club gig that Key’s friend owned. So many things have been going on in the band in such a short amount of time. Ginny and Kai both planned to announce their relationship to the whole band.

 

The band met up like usual at Ginny’s basement at 5:00pm. Everyone seemed to be on their normal behaviors except for Kris and Chanyeol decided not to be so caught up on Ginny and Kai anymore.

 

Ginny said with a nervous voice. “Guys I need to tell you guys something...at first I wasn’t gonna share this with you, but I felt like you guys all should know.” Ginny swallowed her saliva and took a deep breath. “You see, Kai and I are dating!” Kai felt relieved that his girlfriend was telling everyone about their relationship. Chanyeol smiled a smile of victory,“I knew they were together.” He said underneath his breath and Luhan said happily. “Oh my gosh I didn’t even know, I am so delighted for you guys,congrats!” Lay smiled warmly as he gave them his blessing. “That’s great to hear, wish you guys well.”

 

Everyone was all happy about the news,even Chanyeol was but Kris didn’t seem all that excited about it.

 

Chanyeol looked at Kris and asked. “Aren’t you gonna say anything Kris?” Kris said with practically no expression, “Congrats.” There was no way Kris was gonna be enthusiastic about Kai and Ginny being together, Kris had really liked Ginny too. But, Kris was finally realizing his feelings for Ginny. Through out the whole jam session Kris really hasn’t said much, he normally didn’t talk much anyways, but this time even more so. Luhan practically had to lead the band this very afternoon since Kris was in his own little world. Everyone seemed to be thrown off by this since he was a good leader up to this point. Even if it really wasn’t his style he tried to talk to the band and lead them through.

 

Since Kris was extremely quiet,he wasn’t even saying the usual things that he would say like “To your positions” and also telling the band which songs to work on. Luhan could not bare the silence any longer so he decided to volunteer being the temporary leader for the day. Luhan offered many services to this band so far and he was willing to do more if it was for the band,he was a team player,very ideal for a newly formed band like P&B.

 

Luhan in his frustrated voice said. “Alright, since Kris hyung is acting like a mute, I will be the temporary leader for today, to your positions guys!” Luhan felt silly saying that since everyone was in place already. Luhan feeling awkward said in a somewhat cheerful voice. “Alright you guys we will be playing seven songs that we chose for our setlist from last time okay?!”

 

Everyone did what they were told but the band wasn’t the same with Kris being really silent, no matter how hard Luhan was trying. Ginny wasn’t sure what was up with Kris and all the band members were concerned for Kris’s behaviour.

 

Despite everything that was going on, The P&B members were still playing really hard even Kris was doing his part,except the talking part. Kris was thinking to himself that him being silent was gonna make things awkward for everyone including himself, so Kris decided to talk even if it was hard for him right now. He felt that since he was the leader, he needed to take responsibility and fulfill his role no matter what he might be going through right this moment. Kris liked Ginny a lot and he has been ever since the audition,although he was very good at hiding his feelings. Kris was a secretive guy so he didn’t want to show what he was really feeling to people if he could help it. When Ginny announced her relationship with Kai he couldn’t help but to feel something strange in his stomach.Kris was jealous that Kai was going out with Ginny, although he tried his best not to show that.

 

“Sorry guys for not being talkative today, I guess I am not feeling well again.” Kris just came up with an excuse of not talking at all. Most people seemed to be oblivious to what was going on but Chanyeol seemed to catch the situation. Kris tried his best to be normal. “Hey guys,let’s focus here and practice.” Luhan reminded the band. “ I would like to remind you all that Key helped us get that club gig despite the fact that we’re minors, so we should work even harder than before. We need to do our best here.” Chanyeol tried lightening the mood by giggling like his usual self but was awkward doing so. “Luhan, you seem like the leader here today.”Said Chanyeol teasing his rival. “I am trying to help Kris a little geesh.” said luhan.

 

Kris got himself together and started talking to his band mates again. “Alright you guys, why don’t we practice the song Reflektor by Arcade Fire and since this song is a bit synthy I would like to ask Lay to lead us.” Lay said with a humble smile. “Alright Duizhang, I will do my best.” The P&B members did their usual thing, which was practicing their setlist songs, but there was still a cold air atmosphere due to Kris.

 

After the practice was over Kris decided to leave as quickly as possible. Kris said hurriedly, “I better go guys,I got a lot of school work piled up,later.” Chanyeol was bothered by the fact that their duizhang was just about distant all day and he kind of had a feeling why. Chanyeol said to his band mates, “You know, I kinda have a feeling why Kris was acting like that today.”

 

Everyone asked in a surprised voice. “You do?” Chanyeol was determined to uncover what’s been bugging him. Chanyeol said conf

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter