The date at Han River Bridge

JongKey plus Me

KEY'S POV

"What does breaking Jonghyun's heart have to do with my shirt? I want my shirt. GIMME BACK MY SHIRT!"

The crazed fangirl looked up at me, mascara running all over the place. Lady, if you knew that you were going to cry, you should have applied water-proof mascara. Like Key. The Diva.

"NO! Not until you go back to Jonghyun! Take her away from him~"

I started panicking. How did she know that Go Chu Jang was crashing at our place? We hadn't released that to the public yet.

"...who?" I decided to act dumb.

"Shin Se Kyung dummy! Take her away from him!"

I was utterly confused. The Shin Sekyung---Kim Jonghyun relationship only existed in newspapers. Apparently this fangirl didn't know it yet. I mean, why on earth would Jonghyun actually like Shin Sekyung when I was standing right there? Geez. There is no competition. Me, the ALMIGHTY KEY pwns Shin Sekyung anyday.

"Why do I want to take Shin Se Kyung away from Jonghyun?"

She started howling her head off. "IT BREAKS OUR HEARTS. US FANGIRLS. WE WANT JONGKEY, NOT SHINJON--no wait, JONGS-no wait--JONGKYUNG! What? See, it doesn't even sound right. JongKey sounds better."

Haha. Of course it doesn't sound right--Jonghyun belongs with ME, Shinee's Almight Key. Whoa, that rhymed!

'But Jonghyun's happy with her. So we should just leave them alone. Er, we should congratulate them." I tried not to sneer as I told her the obvious lie. Yeah, I would support Jonghyun if he got a girlfriend and he was happy--I mean it's his life, and as long as he's happy I'm all for it--but JONGHYUN IS MINE. MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

"NO!" The door burst open and Onew stood, panting, looking at me. He tried to look cool, like the whole hot-guy-in-drama-that-the-girl-thought-was-out-of-her-league, but because of his age, his body was simply not able to do it. He gave up and collapsed in the doorway, breathing excessively hard.

"..n..no...no..." He wheezed, trying to catch his breath, " ...no!"

I looked at him, unfazed by his facade. "Onew. How far did you run?"

"...really far....a good 10 meters..." his face was extremely red. The fangirl and I looked at each other in doubt.

"Yeah...right...10 meters....really far..."

"WELL IT'S FAR FOR AN OLD MAN LIKE ME. GEEZ. Not all of us are teenagers that can run around with endless amounts of energy (this is true only if you're not in IB). Yeesh. Take my age into consideration."

"You're not that old..." The fangirl said this, but went over and grabbed Onew a chair. Wow. Nice girl. Very considerate of seniors.

"Thanks...I'm sure you'll find a nice husband someday~" Onew went on panting like an old grandma. Actually, he sounded like an old grandma too. Who tells girls that they can find nice husbands? Apparently, Onew does.

The fangirl sighed. "I give up. Whatever. Key, just make sure you break Jonghyun and Shin Sekyung apart. Bye bye. My mom will kill me if she finds that I'm stashing boys in our storage room. Get out. I need to cram for my social test."

"Pft. As if you're gonna be able to study, even after we leave. Like, watch you start writing about your love for us on your essay." I smirked as Onew FINALLY managed to get himself up and untie my hands. She looked thoughtful for a moment, then sighed.

"Yeah. I'm not gonna be able to concentrate. BUT IF I KEEP YOU HERE JONGHYUN'S GONNA BE WITH SHIN SE KYUNG. SO HURRY UP AND CRASH THEIR DATE."

"They're not dating."

"WTF. OF COURSE THEY ARE."

With that and a rough shove, we got pushed out of the room. Then she started banging something against the wall with loud thuds. Probably her head, in an effort to erase pictures of Jonghyun holding hands with Shin Sekyung. Fangirls are so cute sometimes -evilsmile-

As we were walking out, Onew suddenly grabbed my hand and squeezed it, with all of his feeble old man strength. Dude. A 6 year old has more grip strength than you.

"Key! We have to go make sure Shin Sekyung actually dates Jonghyun!"

"Why?"

He looked at me with puppy eyes and cupped my face with his hand that has absolutely no strength.

"I love you, Key..."

 

 

 

 

Normally the chapter would end about here. But, because I'm the Diva Key who has to get to the bottom of absolutely everything, it's gonna continue. Whether you want it to or not.

 

 

 

"I know you love me. I mean, who doesn't love me? But what does that have to do with Jonghyun and Shin Sekyung?"  We had reached the Han River Bridge by now, where couples were holding hands and strolling romantically. Or, they were passionately making out. Of course though, there were also some hobos sleeping by the rails. Way to ruin the view. Oddly enough, even though there were a whole bunch of couples, we were the only couple. LAME.

"Then..please keep away from Jonghyun.." Onew pleaded, pulling me closer. I drew back instantly.

"Who are you to tell me who I should and shouldn't be with?" I asked, voice ice cold and sharp. I felt bad, though. Onew was probably the most innocent one of Shinee, contrary to popular belief. Taemin is not, I repeat, NOT innocent at all.

"But..."

I stormed off, leaving him alone, standing along the Han River, a place dominated by couples.

That is, couples and a couple of hobos.

 

Randomness....poor Onew though, getting ditched by Key at a popular couple destination....is there going to be a hobo in the story? Probably not, but you never know :D