Chapter Fifteen

Problems
 

Chapter Fifteen

~~~

 

"I don't get it," Tiffany stated, appearing from the bedroom and walking into the kitchen after Jessica had left. Taeyeon paused in her step before walking to the kitchen, "What don't you get?" she asked, leaning on the counter, folding her arms over her stomach. Tiffany sat at the table, looking at Taeyeon.

 

"How come it took me months to get anywhere near to being your friend yet you've become so close to Jessica in such a short amount of time?" she asked, her eyebrows furrowing together. Taeyeon let out a scoff and a short, bitter laugh, "Short amount of time?" she questioned, "Tiffany, it's been nearly two months since we've been friends,"

 

"That's quick compared to how long it took me to break through your shells," Tiffany countered. The older girl sighed, "Stop being so ridiculous, Tiffany. Maybe Jessica and I click more than you and I," It clenched Tiffany's heart to hear that, "What?" she asked, almost in disbelief.

 

"Maybe I get along better with Jessica than I do with you," Taeyeon repeated, walking to the living room and sitting on the couch. Tiffany immediately followed, getting off the chair and standing in front of Taeyeon. The blonde girl gave a deep breath, "Stop acting like this, Tiffany,"

 

"Like what?" Taeyeon frowned and threw her hands up in frustration, "Like a jealous girlfriend!" she exclaimed. She's gotten more verbal since she's met Jessica, "You're sending me mix signals here, Tiffany," Taeyeon whispered under her breath, looking up at the girl. Tiffany took a step back, had she really been acting like that?

 

"You're not making it any easier for me to get over you," Taeyeon said softly, barely above a whisper. Tiffany stayed silent, turning on her heel and entering the bedroom.

 

~~~

 

"Tiff-" Taeyeon started but immediately stopped when Tiffany buried her nose into her neck. A sob shook Tiffany's body as her arms travelled around Taeyeon's waist, pulling her closer. Taeyeon craned her head, glancing quickly at the calender. 

 

Taeyeon gave a sigh and hesitantly wrapped her arms around Tiffany's shoulder.

 

"I miss her," Tiffany hiccupped, her lips moving against Taeyeon's neck. Taeyeon turned her head, her lips gently touching Tiffany's ear, giving soft kisses on her ear lobe. Despite the heart ache, despite all of her ignored feelings, Taeyeon couldn't find herself ignoring Tiffany or hurting her. The girl was a weak spot to Taeyeon. And Taeyeon hated it.

 

She hated how vulnurable she was when it came to Tiffany. The girl had been sending her mixed emotions. Tiffany had a boyfriend, and that was all Taeyeon had to say to get the girl to back off of her. It confused Taeyeon soo much. It angered Taeyeon soo much. Tiffany angered Taeyeon soo much.

 

Yet she still loved the girl.

 

~~~

 

"Love is so stupid," Jessica cried, throwing her body against Taeyeon's. Taeyeon widened her eyes at the girl who happened to barge into the apartment, crying. Tiffany walked out the bedroom and froze, seeing Jessica crying on Taeyeon. Taeyeon hugged Jessica's waist, "W-What happened?" she said softly as the younger girl cried.

 

Tiffany's eyes glared at the arms of Taeyeon that was wrapped tightly around Jessica, how come Taeyeon hadn't hugged her like that when she initiated a hug?

 

"Yuri," Jessica bawled. Taeyeon watched as Tiffany disappeared into the bedroom, leaving the door wide open. She had saw Tiffany glare at Jessica, she saw the jealousy in Tiffany's eyes. Taeyeon couldn't take it any more, she needed to know what Tiffany felt.

 

Taeyeon's attention shifted back to Jessica, "What? What? You just got together with her," she asked, confused. Jessica shook her head, hugging Taeyeon, squeezing the life out of the girl. Taeyeon simply hugged the crying girl.

 

~~~

 

Tiffany gasped, "T-Taeyeon," The blonde girl tightened her grip on Tiffany's waist, "What are you doing?" The red head furrowed her eyebrows, her heart undoubtedly beating quicker than usual, "What?" her breath fanned against Taeyeon's lips.

 

Taeyeon frowned, "Why do you always give me hope that I can maybe one day have you as mine but then you just.." she trailed off, staring into Tiffany's eyes. Before Tiffany could start questioning Taeyeon's behavior, lips cut her off. Taeyeon's lips.

 

She mumbled something against Taeyeon's lips before drowning herself in what was Taeyeon. Arms automatically travelled up to cup Taeyeon's nape as her back hit the wall of her bed room, Taeyeon's body pressed against hers. As things began to get heated, Taeyeon pulled out.

 

"Why did you respond to that kiss?" Taeyeon whispered, staring into Tiffany's two eyes, confused. "Tell me that you have feelings for me then," she mumbled, her breath mixing with Tiffany's. Tiffany looked at Taeyeon, "I.. I.."

 

"Does Siwon kiss you like that?" The questioned made Tiffany think. Sure, she and Siwon have had some hot kisses, but nothing as pasionate and as amazing as the two kisses she's had with Taeyeon.

 

"Does he hug you to sleep when you cry and stay awake until he knows you're finally in dream land?" Taeyeon's voice got even softer.

 

"Does he.." Taeyeon trailed off as she felt Tiffany's thumb caress her cheek. "No, he doesn't." Tiffany whispered, breaths mixing with the older girl. She shifted her body, furthermore molding against Taeyeon, "He doesn't," she repeated.

 

Taeyeon was at a loss with words, did she finally get Tiffany to realize her feelings? Silence. It was back. Hands sneaked around Tiffany's waist, locking around the red head as Taeyeon rested her forehead against Tiffany's, "Fany," she whispered. Tiffany closed her eyes, a soft smile playing on her lips at the familiar nickname she's hasn't heard for a while.

 

"Do you have feelings for me?" Taeyeon finally asked. Tiffany's breath hitched, she already knew her answer. "Tae," Tiffany whispered, biting down on the corner of her lower lip. Taeyeon's eyes stayed on Tiffany's pink lips. "Tae," Tiffany repeated, arms looped around Taeyeon's neck.

 

"Hmm?" Taeyeon hummed, her heart thumping loudly. Tiffany opened her eyes, stilling biting her lip, "I do have feelings," and it felt like Taeyeon was being lifted, a weight on her shoulder, it was being lifted. Happiness overwhelmed her.

 

Taeyeon's fantasy got crushed as soon as she woke up, sweating. She woke up, a smile on her face. Her smiled immediately faded once she realized where she was. On the couch. Voices caught Taeyeon's attention. She turned, seeing Tiffany at the door with Siwon.

 

Tiffany initiated a kiss with the man before mumbling a sweet 'Good bye' before closing and shutting the door, walking to her bed room, completely ignoring the girl on the couch. Taeyeon let out a shaky breath. It was only a dream.

 

A very, very, far fetched dream. Taeyeon picked up the sleeping Ginger, placing him on her lap. The little dog began to stir until Taeyeon gently pat him, helping him fall asleep again. Taeyeon bent over and gave Ginger small kisses on his head, "I should just forget about her, huh?" Taeyeon whisepered to herself.

 

Siwon was someone who had saved her well-being, it'd be selfish for Taeyeon to take away Tiffany, if she even could. Taeyeon mentally slapped herself for having such silly thoughts. Being alone for three years can make someone go crazy.

 

Taeyeon is crazy.

 

She is a female, Tiffany is also a female, females do not date other females. But Taeyeon wanted to date Tiffany. Though Taeyeon's opinion didn't matter in this situation. Tiffany had a boyfriend, Taeyeon was nothing but a friend.

 

"Then why did she kiss me?" Taeyeon whispered in confusion, "Aish," she breathed out, ruffling her hair. This was making her absolutely bonkers.

 

She looked down at Ginger, who was sleeping peacefully.

 

"I'm really going crazy, Ginger-ah,"

 

~~~

 

"Oh my gosh! Taeyeon!" Tiffany screamed out loud, running off the couch and hugging the girl, who seemed exhausted, "Where were you?! I was so worried!" Tiffany questioned the girl, who winced at the other's loud voice. Taeyeon grabbed Tiffany's wrist, pulling it off of her waist.

 

"I found a job," Taeyeon replied, ignoring the little dog who jumped at her feet as she walked to the kitchen. The cold Taeyeon had returned, and for good.

 

"O-Oh, where?" Tiffany asked, pride hurt from the way Taeyeon had rejected her hug. "Convience store," Taeyeon mumbled, chugging down a glass of water. "Oh.. that's good," she whispered, "I was worried,"

 

Taeyeon set the glass down, "I go out for one day and you were worried? Please, Tiffany, don't joke yourself. I bet you wouldn't have been worried if you were out with Siwon the whole time," she gave a cold look to Tiffany, who frowned in response, "I would still be worried, Taeyeon. You're my best friend,"

 

Tiffany had pulled the 'best friend' card and it produced another crack in Taeyeon's heart. She smiled bitterly and nodded, "Thanks," she muttered, moving past Tiffany, off to take a shower.

 

~~~

 

"I found a new place," Taeyeon announced one night as they ate dinner in silence. Tiffany looked up, "H-Huh? You did? Already?" Taeyeon nodded slowly, "I'm moving in this weekend," The red head frowned, "Why not just wait until semester ends? It's only a few more weeks," 

 

Taeyeon shook her head, standing from the table, "This.. this can't wait," Tiffany watched as Taeyeon cleaned up her plate, "What about Ginger?" Taeyeon turned her attention to the dog in the corner of the kitchen eating some food, "He's going to stay here," 

 

"But.. but he's your dog," Tiffany retorted. Taeyeon gave a shake of her head, "You bought him, he's yours,"

 

"Dammit, Taeyeon, just stay here, won't you?!" Tiffany burst, causing both Ginger and Taeyeon to jump in surprise. Taeyeon felt like yelling right back, but she didn't.

 

"I can't take it anymore, Tiffany. The fact that you ignored the kiss, that you completely shoved my feelings away, it hurts. It hurts like hell. This is why I never wanted to get close to you at all. This it why I didn't want to have you involved in my life, Tiffany,"

 

"It's because of this that I don't want to love anyone. Love only causes pain. Pain is all I ever have. I'm moving out as soon as possible,"

 

Taeyeon didn't even care that a tear had fell down, landing on her cheek.

 

"I can't stand another night sleeping on the couch and listening to your conversations with Siwon,"

 

"I can't stand seeing you give a kiss to Siwon in front of my face everytime he drops you off home,"

 

"I can't stand even seeing you because it'll only remind me how much I ing love you,"

 

Taeyeon had never used such vulgar language, at least not outloud, and most definitely never to Tiffany, but she was breaking down right now.

 

"It hurts. So damn much. This is what I deserve for letting you into my life, for letting you cause this to me. I hate you,"

 

The words hit Tiffany hard.

 

Taeyeon lowered her head, "I hate you so damn much. I hate you. I hate you,"

 

Tears filled Tiffany's vision while Taeyeon was nearly sobbing.

 

"But I still love you,"

 

"I-" Hiccup, "ing love you," Taeyeon finally broke down, sobbing relentlessly. Tiffany stood, shocked, she never knew she had such an impact on Taeyeon.

 

As Tiffany reached out, Taeyeon ripped her arm away and ran out the apartment.


No more cliffhangers, I promise!

 

this doesn't count as a cliff hanger, it's barely even a cliff hanger.

 

I hope i played with your emotions and maybe triggered a few teary eyes. ^^