Chapter Eleven

Problems

 

Chapter Eleven

~~~

 

"I think it's love, Taeyeon-ah. Wait, no. I'm sure it's love," Tiffany confessed, looking down at her lap as she sat with Taeyeon on the couch. Thoughts were running through both of the girl's brains. Taeyeon was trying to figure out how she felt. Sad? Angry? Betrayed, even? But the older girl knew she shouldn't be feeling anything like that. Tiffany does not belong to her. But Taeyeon couldn't help it.

 

She was jealous.

 

"It's scary," Tiffany admitted, in a whisper like voice. The red head looked up, connecting eyes with the latter, who blinked back at her. Tiffany continued to talk, "He.. he's a gentleman. He's so sweet, he's so nice. I.. feel protected by him," and with each word, Taeyeon felt her heart clenching. It suddenly became hard to breath for the blonde girl. Taeyeon took a deep breath, blinking her eyes and focusing on the dog that was in her lap.

 

She rubbed Ginger's back, immediately feeling calm as the little poodle nuzzled his face into her lap. Taeyeon looked back at Tiffany, she hesitated on what to say, "Congratulations?" it came out like a question, the girl didn't know what to say. Tiffany took a deep breath and leaned her head on Taeyeon's shoulder, slouching her body down, "It's nothing to congratulate, Taeyeon. I'm just scared of what's ahead,"

 

Taeyeon simply hummed, showing that she was listening. Tiffany closed her eyes, trying to imagine herself with Siwon, "I'm scared of the thought of getting married, having kids. It scares me, and I don't know why," Taeyeon unconciously rubbed Ginger a little too rough, causing the dog to yelp. The girl flinched and looked down at Ginger, who had jumped up, alert, "Sorry, Ginger-ah," Taeyeon whispered, gently patting his head, Ginger returning to Taeyeon's lap.

 

"I don't know what to tell you, Tiffany. I've never been in a relationship before. I have no experience. If you know what you feel, then go ahead and feel it. Nothing's.. stopping you," Taeyeon paused for a moment and rubbed the spot behind Ginger's ear, making the poodle's tail wiggle. Tiffany let out a sigh, a sign of relief, "This is why you're my best friend, Taeyeon-ah," she stated, hugging Taeyeon's arm tighter.

 

The latter nodded, her mind else where.

 

~~~

 

Taeyeon slipped into the bed, bringing the covers up to her chin. The younger one also followed, laying next to Taeyeon. Almost immediately, the younger of the two turned her back on Taeyeon, closing her eyes as she began to fall asleep. Taeyeon let out a silent sigh before turning the other way as well, closing her eyes tightly, attempting to fall asleep.

 

Ever since Tiffany started going out with Siwon, Taeyeon never felt the same arms around her at night. She hasn't felt the same sense of security and protection since Tiffany announced her love for Siwon to her. Taeyeon missed Tiffany.

 

The two felt a little dip in the bed and they both looked over, seeing Ginger on the bed. Before Tiffany could yell at Ginger for being on the bed, Taeyeon reached over and pulled him closer, hugging him, "Sleep with me, Ginger-ah," Taeyeon mumbled, letting the dog get comfortable as she hugged him. Tiffany sat up a bit, looking over and seeing how Taeyeon buried her face in Ginger's fur.

 

The red head let out a huff and couldn't do anything but let Ginger sleep on the bed.

 

~~~

 

"I'm going out, Taeyeon!" Tiffany called out loudly through the apartment. Taeyeon took a deep breath, flipping through the textbook, it was no longer 'Taeyeon-ah' now it was just 'Taeyeon,'. "As always," Taeyeon muttered before continuing to study, Ginger nipping at her feet. Tiffany's voice rang out, "Did you hear?"

 

Taeyeon turned her head, "Yeah. I heard, Tiffany," she called back, her voice not as loud as Tiffany's. With that, Taeyeon heard the door shut before she heard the click clacks of Tiffany's heel disappear into the hall. Taeyeon shut the textbook and leaned back, letting her head rest on the couch. Ginger whined and walked over, letting himself plop onto Taeyeon's lap.

 

The blonde was about to shove Ginger off of her until she saw the innocent look in his eyes. Taeyeon rolled her eyes, a smile forming on her face, "Come here, Ginger,"

 

And the thoughts running through her head were long forgotten.

 

~~~

 

"Y-Yah, you're ignoring me again," Tiffany pouted, sitting besides Taeyeon on the couch as the girl watched TV. Taeyeon glanced over, only to look at the visible distance between the two of them before she looked back up at the TV. Before Tiffany could whine again, Taeyeon spoke.

 

"Are you sure I'm the one ignoring you?" her voice came out bitter, cold, hurt. It came out much more sour than Taeyeon had intended it to. Tiffany's eyebrows connected, her eyes softening, realizing the situation. "I-" but before Tiffany could say sorry, Taeyeon finished it for her.

 

"You're sorry," Taeyeon mumbled, "I know. It's only about the hundredth time you've said that to me. It's fine, Tiffany. You're busy with your boyfriend, I got it. Don't worry about it, okay?" But as she was speaking, she made no eye contact with Tiffany. Tiffany's mouth opened and closed, unsure of what to say at the suddenly bitter Taeyeon.

 

Taeyeon clicked the button on the remote, shutting the TV off before getting off the couch, Ginger jumping off of her lap and onto the ground. "I'm going to shower. I assume you're going out with Siwon again?" Taeyeon looked at Tiffany. Tiffany looked at Taeyeon, surprised. Had she really gone out with Siwon so much that it became a routine for her?

 

"I'm taking that as a yes," Taeyeon mumbled under her breath before walking away, "Have fun and be careful, Tiffany,"

 

~~~

 

"Stop it, Taeyeon!" Taeyeon jumped in her seat, looking up at the red head who suddenly burst. She blinked a couple of times before speaking, "Stop what, Tiffany?" she replied. Tiffany fumed in anger, "I'm trying to spend some time with you but you're to busy watching TV to pay any attention to what I'm saying!" Taeyeon closed her eyes, trying to calm herself.

 

Why were they even fighting? Taeyeon wasn't even sure herself.

 

"I'm listening to what you're saying, Tiffany. It's something about Siwon. It's always Siwon this, Siwon that," Taeyeon remained calm, her eyes unmoving as it stayed on the table. Ginger noticed the tense situation and rubbed his nose against Taeyeon's palm. That calmed Taeyeon a bit, her hand automatically finding its way to Ginger's head, rubbing her fingers against his fur.

 

"I don't get why you're yelling at me, Tiffany," Taeyeon whispered. Tiffany stared at Taeyeon, "I'm trying to hang out with you like old times, Taeyeon, but you don't seem to appreciate my efforts," Taeyeon looked at Tiffany, her eyes snapping towards the red head, "Of course I appreciate your efforts, Tiffany. Without you're efforts, I'd probably be dead right now, either from the cold or either from suicide. So don't assume that I don't appreciate you, because I appreciate you more than I do any one else," Taeyeon said, all in one breath. 

 

The girls stared at each other before Taeyeon backed off, her eyes detatching from Tiffany's, "I'm sorry if I make you feel unappreciated. It's not my intention," Taeyeon closed her eyes for a moment, "Maybe I should just find a new place to live, I have enough money to rent due to saving up," 

 

Tiffany wanted to immediately say no to Taeyeon's suggestion, but she didn't.

 

Taeyeon stood from the couch and walked to the bedroom, almost in tears, almost. Someone who she's learned to love so much thinks that she doesn't appreciate all they've done. Taeyeon isn't expressive, she can't show thanks very well to those who help her. 

 

The elder girl lowered her head as she let her hand reach out to the door knob, only to be stopped by another hand. One that was softer than hers, one that was warmer. Taeyeon's eyes trailed up the arm before connecting eyes with the owner of the hand, Tiffany.

 

Tiffany pulled Taeyeon's hand off the door knob and interlocked it with hers, "Let's watch a movie," Tiffany let out a small, hopeful smile. Taeyeon was weak when it came to Tiffany.

 

"Fine,"

 

 

~~~

 

It was quite obvious that both girls were paying no attention to the movie on the television. Taeyeon had her eyes on Ginger while Tiffany was staring blankly at the TV, caught up in her thoughts. Then, the red head let out a sigh, causing Taeyeon to look at her.

 

Tiffany turned her head, "I'm sorry for getting so mad at you," she started softly, looking into Taeyeon's eyes. The hand that was rubbing Ginger stopped, Taeyeon looked back at Tiffany, waiting for her to continue. "I.." Tiffany started before hesitating, she shifted, moving her body a little closer to Taeyeon, "I just miss you," she admitted, causing Taeyeon's heart to skip a beat.

 

"I was too caught up with Siwon that I forgot about you, even though you live with me. I totally forgot about my best friend. I'm sorry, Taeyeon-ah," Tiffany reached down for Taeyeon's hand that was on Ginger, slowly interlocking their fingers while Taeyeon's hand stayed loose, Taeyeon felt like she was a burden to Tiffany.

 

Taeyeon hadn't given Tiffany anything yet Tiffany gave life back to Taeyeon, mentally and physically. Taeyeon couldn't be thankful enough to Tiffany. But Taeyeon didn't want to say anything, she wanted to keep it silent. Instead, she pulled her hand away from Tiffany, causing a frown to appear on Tiffany's face, but then, Taeyeon wrapped her arm around Tiffany's shoulder, pulling her closer.

 

An old friend of Taeyeon's came back to visit, Silence.

 

~~~

 

"Y-Yah," Taeyeon called out weakly as Tiffany had ran towards her, hugging her tightly before crying loudly. Arms thrown around Taeyeon's petite waist, the younger girl let out sobs that racked her body. Taeyeon slowly wrapped her arms around Tiffany's shoulder, not knowing what else to do but to let the girl cry on her.

 

The two ended up laying in bed, Tiffany still with her head buried into Taeyeon's neck. She sniffed a couple of times and Taeyeon shifted her body to get more comfortable. Taeyeon had not one clue as to why Tiffany was crying and she didn't plan on asking. If Tiffany wanted to tell her, than she could, but Taeyeon wasn't going to force it out of the girl.

 

Taeyeon was laying on her left side as Tiffany was on her right. The younger girl leaned away, turning her head to the side as she let her cheek rest against Taeyeon's chest, hearing the older girl's heart beat, "Come with me to America?" Tiffany asked, though it was more of a statement than a question. "Huh?" Taeyeon replied.

 

"Please," Tiffany whispered, causing Taeyeon's eyebrows to knit together, "What about school?" Taeyeon questioned. The younger girl gently clutched the bottom of Taeyeon's shirt, "Taeyeon," she whimpered. The blonde girl had no idea what was going on, but she pulled Tiffany closer, "Of course, of course," she gave in, "When are we leaving?"

 

Instead of answering Taeyeon's question, Tiffany buried her face further into Taeyeon.

 

"Thank you, Taeyeon,"