That Paper Plane

Fighting Gravity

tumblr_m1gu84fMXu1rsv0mzo1_400.jpg

It was Sunday, most of all human beings in this world might still be sleeping at this hour but Hanna was already at the kitchen, going to prepare breakfast for a special someone who will be there soon. She looked up at the wall clock in front of her.
 
"Thirty minutes more. Hmm ... Something simple and nice then", she monologued.
 
With that she took out some pepperidge farm raisin swirl bread from the kitchen cabinet and started cutting off all crust from the bread. Hanna did her work effortlessly, cooking has always been her hobby (besides sketching) and her cuisine will always be complimented. Some people even willing to come to her house every weekend just to taste her delectable meal especially this person she was making breakfast for.
 
"Eureurong eureurong dae~," she sang along with the song played from her phone while busying herself cleaning up the kitchen counter.
 
After awhile, Hanna tried to dance to the music, her feet were moving along the rhythm incoordinately, her hands movement were off beat and with holding a spatula in one hand, she looked exactly like a mamma gorilla searching for her lost babies.
 
"Ughh forget it, dancing is not my style," Hanna grunted and decided to continue cleaning up when the word she just spoke rang a memory inside her head.
 
 
 
 
"Like this, Hanna," Jongin held both of her arms and gently moved them side to side.
 
"Like this?" she tried again but only to gain a huge laughter from him.
 
Hanna pouted and crossed her arms, "Forget it, dancing is not my style."
 
"Aww baby. Don't be like that. I'm sorry, you did great but I prefer you to stick to cooking," he grinned mischievously, holding her hands.
 
"You meanie! Go away!", she whined protestingly and tried to wriggle her hands off his grip.
 
He smirked and let go off her hands but before Hanna could even react, his arms already wrapped around her small waist protectively and pulled her body close against him. Hanna gasped. She kept her head down hiding her flushed cheeks as her heart quickened to a sharp staccato.
 
Jongin lifted her chin up and caressed her rosy cheeks with his thumb softly.
 
"You sure about that Hanna? Cos your heart was saying the other way."
 
He spoke huskily before leaning his face closer and slowly crashing his lips onto hers.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
'TING', the sound from the oven finally brought Hanna back to reality. She sighed lowly, silently cursing herself for letting he destroyed her morning. Just as Hanna took the baking pan out from the oven and placed it on the counter, she heard the door clicked open.
 
"Jung Hanna! I need to do a makeover on you right now!!," a diva-like teenage girl wearing a black short and Macy's misty rose tank top shouted from the living room without preamble.
 
Hanna chuckled at her best friend's action while placing a slice of her homemade bread pudding on a plate, "What's with the rush Yoo?"
 
Park Yoomi, Hanna's closest friend since primary school and her number one fan when it comes to her cooking skill. Opposite to Hanna, Yoomi was more sociable, fashionable and almost carefree about her life. She didn't like to take things seriously...with the exception of astrology readings.
 
Yoomi ran into the kitchen where Hanna was and sat on the bar stool, holding a newspaper with her left hand.
 
"What does it says this time?" Hanna placed the plate in front of Yoomi and took the newspaper from her.
 
Yoomi inhaled the savory smell of her best friend's bread pudding and began to ravish the food, enjoying every bit of it.
 
"Seriously, what did you put in this food? Oh god, I'll die happy tonight." Yoomi spoke with mouth full.
 
"You are overreacting, Yoo." Hanna snorted and put the newspaper aside, placing another piece of the bread pudding over her plate this time.
 
"Yah! Page 12, at the bottom. Read the horoscope section," Yoomi demanded, shoving the newspaper onto her friend's face.
 
"For god sake Yoo! You know I don't believe in this ridiculous horoscope thingy," Hanna took the newspaper and smacked her best friend's head playfully.
 
Yoomi rolled her eyes and took the newspaper instead. Hanna sighed in defeat, decided to just listen knowing that Yoomi would never stop bugging her if she still insist.
 
"Sagittarius. Your social energy is strong now, and you are almost certainly in the right place at the right time to take advantage of new opportunities. Today starts slowly, but by later this afternoon, things are sure to pick up. He might stop by for a quick chat at the coffee shop," she stopped and looked at Hanna with wriggled eyebrows.
 
"What? Don't tell me-" Hanna palmed her face finally realizing what her best friend was up to.
"I brought you some pretty dresses ~" Yoomi cooed while holding up a paper bag happily.
"No," She replied acidly.
"And also some make ups ~"
"No."
"Hanna, please."
"No."
"Please"
"...."
"Please, you adorable little best friend of mine."
"Ugh, fine. But, I'm not wearing your fancy, glittering dresses."
"Okay!"
"And I'm not doing this because you just pampered me."
"Yeah right."
"Yoomi."
"Okay, fine you're not, Miss Hanna."
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
"This is absurd," Hanna sighed while entering the coffee shop.
 
She was wearing a yellow circle skirt fitted slightly above her knee-length and a black sleeveless shirt with some cute yellow polkadot on it. Yoomi has insisted to put on some make ups on Hanna and she ended up sitting alone at the corner of the shop, sipping her hot tea. Hanna shook her head sideways thinking how silly her friend was, insisting her to go here and spend her whole afternoon waiting for that guy the stupid horoscope mentioned about. Not that she actually believed it but she rather follow what Yoomi wanted than hearing her nags all day long.
 
Time passed by and Hanna was getting bored. She looked outside the window, the wind was blowing softly and her eyes was glued to the park across the road. The colorful flowers have captivated her eyes for awhile now. The sound of the rustling leaves was very calming and calling her to spend her time there instead. Looking at her wristwatch, it has been forty (torturous) minutes and nothing interesting has yet to take place so she decided to head to the park.
 
 
 
 
"Noona, do you want an aeroplane?" a little boy suddenly held Hanna's hand while she was walking at the park and showed her a paper plane he was holding.
 
Hanna crouched down to the little boy's level and patted his head lovingly. "You made this cutiepie?" Hanna asked while observing the handmade paper plane.
 
"Ung~ I made a lot and Noona is pretty so I want to give you one," he giggled cutely and Hanna pinched his cheeks for his adorableness.
 
"It's beautiful, I like it," she said sincerely.
 
The little guy then thanked Hanna and skipped to his mother happily. Hanna bowed to the lady before taking a sit on the nearest bench and looked at the paper plane.
 
 
Should I write something on it? Hmm...
 
 
Slowly, she unfolded the paper plane and wrote on it using a pencil that she always brought everywhere she went.
 
 
Off you go..
 
 
She threw the paper plane in the air and let the wind flew it far, far away.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Not really.
 
 
"Ouch! My eyes!" a black haired guy probably in his twenties, looking tall even though he was actually sitting whined as the paper plane landed straight on his left eyes.
 
Hanna gasped in shock, swiftly running towards him, "I'm sorry. I'm sorry! I didn't mean to throw it to you. I'm sorry, I'm really really sorry!" She bowed continuously, keeping her head down from the embarrassment.
 
"Ani, it's okay..." he rubbed his eyes and then looked up to face Hanna. He smiled gently,
 
 
...and they locked gaze for the very first time in their life.
 
 
 
 
 
 
"I'm Park Chanyeol."
 
 

tumblr_m1gu5vMEe21rsv0mzo1_400.jpg

 

Author's note: Sorry for taking some times to update this chapter ! I was busy and I don't even have time to make trailers T^T I'm less busy now, I think I'll start update a little less late hehe. What do you think about this chapter? Is it too long ?